Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mega Icenado Storm has started

+18
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
TheReal_LWS
Jake from State Farm
Tim Wakefield
I.B. Fine
Nordic
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
The Pantry
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Code_Warrior
DWags
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Mega Icenado Storm has started - Page 4 Empty Re: Mega Icenado Storm has started

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-05, 15:28

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I live close enough to Dagwood's to be a regular. One of these years I will be. Might be after the kid is out of the house, but it will happen... if Dagwood's is still around by then.

I choose to believe you will be dead long before Dags is gone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Mega Icenado Storm has started - Page 4 Empty Re: Mega Icenado Storm has started

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-05, 15:34

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I live close enough to Dagwood's to be a regular. One of these years I will be. Might be after the kid is out of the house, but it will happen... if Dagwood's is still around by then.
my main hang is PB.. Dagwood's might be second but The Mayfair has been giving it competition lately.

(as with most things, it depends on the wife's mood).

but, yes, you gotta be a regular somewhere.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-05, 15:40

tGreenWay wrote:

:(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-02-05, 15:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I think he's implying Dags will be there forever.

Mega Icenado Storm has started - Page 4 4113017228 But I'd make sure your windows are locked just to be safe
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-02-05, 15:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
my main hang is PB.. Dagwood's might be second but The Mayfair has been giving it competition lately.

My brother was at the Mayfair last night...it's been a long time since I've been.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-05, 15:50

I.B. Fine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Mega Icenado Storm has started - Page 4 4113017228 But I'd make sure your windows are locked just to be safe

Shopping for a big fucking gun tonight.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-05, 15:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Shopping for a big fucking gun tonight.

Just borrow WBH’s clown stick.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-02-05, 16:58

I.B. Fine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Well they have been around for like 60 years.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-02-05, 17:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Don't tell Joe or Margie I said this but the Mayfair serves the best burger in town.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-05, 17:17

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:my main hang is PB.. Dagwood's might be second but The Mayfair has been giving it competition lately.

Don't tell Joe or Margie I said this but the Mayfair serves the best burger in town.
I tend to agree... and, yes, I'd never tell Joe, Jennifer, Margie or Mark. I don't want to be excommunicated. Mega Icenado Storm has started - Page 4 502811600

Also, Leroy's on Cedar has a good burger.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-02-05, 18:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I tend to agree... and, yes, I'd never tell Joe, Jennifer, Margie or Mark. I don't want to be excommunicated. Mega Icenado Storm has started - Page 4 502811600

I've been to Leroy's exactly once. Had something called a tongue slapper. It was good.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-05, 19:33

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I tend to agree... and, yes, I'd never tell Joe, Jennifer, Margie or Mark. I don't want to be excommunicated. Mega Icenado Storm has started - Page 4 502811600

I've been to Leroy's exactly once. Had something called a tongue slapper. It was good.
did you go inside for dinner afterwards?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-02-05, 19:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Does sound like a drink that comes with a glory hole sidecar
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-02-05, 19:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It was lunchtime.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-05, 20:00

I.B. Fine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Does sound like a drink that comes with a glory hole sidecar
Mega Icenado Storm has started - Page 4 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-02-05, 22:19

Last week Consumers sent an emergency message to turn the heat down to 65.

Tonight I get an email telling me to be prepared for power outages because of an ice storm and high winds

What next week bring? An early hatch and swarms of locust?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-05, 22:34

GRR Spartan wrote:Last week Consumers sent an emergency message to turn the heat down to 65.

Tonight I get an email telling me to be prepared for power outages because of an ice storm and high winds

What next week bring? An early hatch and swarms of locust?

Telling you it’s Dad’s man Boobs.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-06, 07:19

So... what happened to the icenado?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-02-06, 07:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So... what happened to the icenado?

I seems highly localized to my skating rink, errrrrr, office parking lot.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-06, 07:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:

The roads weren't horrible around me. The trees didn't have much ice on them. My kid's daycare parking lot was pretty slick though. All in all, a F0.0 Nado.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-06, 12:23

Non-event. Bunch of babies called off school and work.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-06, 12:31

Floyd Robertson wrote:

main roads were fine in and around East Lansing - sidestreets and sidewalks were a skating rink. Most still are.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-06, 13:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

main roads were fine in and around East Lansing - sidestreets and sidewalks were a skating rink. Most still are.

Went home for lunch. My driveway has a decent incline. That shit was not safe to even walk on. Threw down some salt. Hopefully that'll break it up enough to drive on when I get home.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-06, 14:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: main roads were fine in and around East Lansing - sidestreets and sidewalks were a skating rink. Most still are.

Went home for lunch. My driveway has a decent incline. That shit was not safe to even walk on. Threw down some salt. Hopefully that'll break it up enough to drive on when I get home.
the ice in my driveway looked to be too dense for salt to have too much of an effect on.

I'm thinking about taking an axe to it - I've done that before. Just hack up the ice and it'll thaw a lot quicker.

the neighbors probably think I'm out there kind of.. um.. "working through a few things".. but I don't think they really like me anyway.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-06, 14:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

We got lucky. Last night, when it first started raining, it was freezing instantly. My car was in the driveway, so I got it into the garage before it got too bad, only a few minutes. But in that brief time, everything had already been shrouded in ice. Wipers wouldnt budge and side windows balked coming down the first couple of tries.
Then the rain suddenly shifted to more like a sleet, and that’s how it stayed for the next couple of hours. Wifey got home an hour ago and said Lansing/EL driving was worse than West MI.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-06, 14:40

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: main roads were fine in and around East Lansing - sidestreets and sidewalks were a skating rink. Most still are.

We got lucky. Last night, when it first started raining, it was freezing instantly. My car was in the driveway, so I got it into the garage before it got too bad, only a few minutes.  But in that brief time, everything had already been shrouded in ice. Wipers wouldnt budge and side windows balked coming down the first couple of tries.
Then the rain suddenly shifted to more like a sleet, and that’s how it stayed for the next couple of hours. Wifey got home an hour ago and said Lansing/EL driving was worse than West MI.
I believe it. The ice was whippin' against the house pretty good at one point in the middle of the night. I thought I was gonna go out in the driveway this morning and kind of push some slush around with a shovel - it was frozen solid.

calling for more tonight maybe?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-06, 14:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

We got lucky. Last night, when it first started raining, it was freezing instantly. My car was in the driveway, so I got it into the garage before it got too bad, only a few minutes. But in that brief time, everything had already been shrouded in ice. Wipers wouldnt budge and side windows balked coming down the first couple of tries.
I believe it. The ice was whippin' against the house pretty good at one point in the middle of the night.

calling for more tonight maybe?

Hadn’t heard that, but I haven’t looked ahead, either. Just finished a massive project and I’m celebrating by doing nothing. Maximum load out. Full stop. Boneless chicken. Mega Icenado Storm has started - Page 4 3836498553
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-06, 14:48

per The Weather Channel for the 48823 zip code:

tonight:

Cloudy skies. Areas of freezing rain possible. Low 28F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

tomorrow:

Freezing rain early...changing to light rain in the afternoon. High 49F. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 90%.

49 degrees is freaky.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-06, 14:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

the ice in my driveway looked to be too dense for salt to have too much of an effect on.

I'm thinking about taking an axe to it - I've done that before. Just hack up the ice and it'll thaw a lot quicker.

the neighbors probably think I'm out there kind of.. um.. "working through a few things".. but I don't think they really like me anyway.

Mega Icenado Storm has started - Page 4 ForkedDeliriousCleanerwrasse-size_restricted
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-06, 14:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

There's something extremely satisfying about throwing down salt on ice and hearing what sounds like rice crispies in milk as it all breaks up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-06, 15:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: the ice in my driveway looked to be too dense for salt to have too much of an effect on.

There's something extremely satisfying about throwing down salt on ice and hearing what sounds like rice crispies in milk as it all breaks up.
I think there is a kink subgenre for that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-07, 06:46

EL/mid-Michigan folks - back from running.Very slick out - more treacherous than yesterday. Main roads looked okay. Sidewalks, parking lots, etc are an ice skating rink.

All schools closed for good reason.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4