Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread

+14
Cameron
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
tanfan!
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
GRR Spartan
Rodeo Burger
InTenSity
Turtleneck
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread Empty tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 22:53

Ok geeks, here is your chance to convince me of everything I've been missing out on. I borrowed the first 2 (4 and 5) from my BiL to show my 6 yr old, because the kids seem to be into the lasers and whatnot. I might have seen this when I was a kid but I don't remember. It was never my thing. We watched the first 15 minutes over Christmas break and apparently it's not his thing either. He enjoys pretending he is a tiger or a ninja turtle. He's odd.

I don't have anything else going on and was mildly intrigued so let's go bitches.I will give it an honest shake with no preconceived notions. Please no spoilers. Starting now. I may ask some questions and it would be great if you die hards wanted to answer them.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread Empty Re: tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread

Post by Turtleneck Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:03

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ok geeks, here is your chance to convince me of everything I've been missing out on. I borrowed the first 2 (4 and 5) from my BiL to show my 6 yr old, because the kids seem to be into the lasers and whatnot. I might have seen this when I was a kid but I don't remember. It was never my thing. We watched the first 15 minutes over Christmas break and apparently it's not his thing either. He enjoys pretending he is a tiger or a ninja turtle. He's odd.

I don't have anything else going on and was mildly intrigued so let's go bitches.I will give it an honest shake with no preconceived notions. Please no spoilers. Starting now. I may ask some questions and it would be great if you die hards wanted to answer them.

Blanch is at that stage now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread Empty Re: tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:05

It's kinda boring thus far. I am drawing parallels to Spaceballs which for some reason I thought was hilarious when I was a kid even though I had no real context. The dink dinks are about to come out. Haven't seen the chick from Melrose Place yet, though.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:15

Space balls was based on it, so that sort of makes sense.

Don't be looking for Godfather levels of drama or any deep thought or anything like that. Just have fun.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:16

So, you've watched Frozen numerous times...but have never seen any of the Star Wars flicks?

What galaxy are you from?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:17

Yeah, check my avatar and username. I'm no film critic.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:21

Woah these sand people mean biznass.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:40

Wtf are you watching?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:41

Kinda was losing interest until Ben just cut that dude's arm off in the bar. Dr. Kimble just appeared.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:42

InTenSity wrote:Wtf are you watching?

The first one. You told me to start here! Episode 4.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Wtf are you watching?

It's a good start. Did you get the Blu-ray?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:45

It's a very cool series. I'll probably go this weekend. See the new one. Why not.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:45

InTenSity wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

It's a good start. Did you get the Blu-ray?

Bro I'm watching it on 1080p Blu-ray on a 102" screen. #ballah #shotcallah
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:46

pizza the hut is up now.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:47

I could draw parallels to real life....but I won't.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:48

The new one blows
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:50

Scene where they fly off in Solo's ship is funny as fuck. There are like 8-10 troopers firing on them and the lasers just zing past everything. Every shot Dr. Kimble fires downs a concrete pillar. SO FAKE!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:50

Oh shit, they're hitting Ludicrous speed.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:51

Princess Leia kinda looks like my kid's Kindergarten teacher.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Princess Leia kinda looks like my kid's Kindergarten teacher.

Hot for her?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:54

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Princess Leia kinda looks like my kid's Kindergarten teacher.

Hot for her?

No. She's kinda attractive but not my deal really. East Sider. Big Harbs fan.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:54

tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread Image30
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Scene where they fly off in Solo's ship is funny as fuck. There are like 8-10 troopers firing on them and the lasers just zing past everything. Every shot Dr. Kimble fires downs a concrete pillar. SO FAKE!

Spoiler alert- they never really bother with range time.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 23:59

The Empire Strikes Back is the only really good movie of the entire series. But you probably need to see the first one, which I think now is the 4th one, to have the context to like it.

Either way, remember that in the ORIGINAL movies, before George Lucas lost his balls, Han Solo shot the lizard looking bounty hunter unprovoked...in the re-do's, Lucas added a shot coming at Han so it was self defense...totally changes the character that was Han Solo.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 0:02

SPOILER ALERT:

The newest movie is a reboot of the first Star Wars movie. For the 3rd time in the series, the main menace is an almost completed Death Star. So frickin lame. The plot and dialogue seem even thinner than usual for the series.

But, they're making a few billion off this clown show, and I can't touch that, so maybe I should be taking notes.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 0:02

I must have the original. He pretty much did that unprovoked.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 0:12

Rescue underway. Kinda funny. Entertaining.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 0:15

This is funny to watch Kimble in this role. I feel like even in the Indiana Jones series he was a bit awkward and hesitant. This is the first role I've seen him in where he's the "cool, laid back" guy who gives zero fucks.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 0:18

This is highly entertaining. There have been some lulls. Not my genre for sure. But still entertaining. They are in the trash compactor now.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 0:18

Did R2D2 just take a shit? #confused
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 0:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Did R2D2 just take a shit? #confused

Everybody poops
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 0:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Did R2D2 just take a shit? #confused

He's Luke's father. Freaks everyone out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 0:50

My wife and I saw the first Star Wars again about 2 years ago after seeing it when it first came out in '77.

The story holds up but what we thought were unbelieveable special effects then look like something you'd see on a public access production in 2016.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 0:53

GRR Spartan wrote:My wife and I saw the first Star Wars again about 2 years ago after seeing it when it first came out in '77.

The story holds up but what we thought were unbelieveable special effects then look like something you'd see on a public access production in 2016.

Took my girl to it at the vogue theatre in Manistee. Two tickets two popcorns two pops and it was less than ten bucks. Had just got my drivers license. Good stuff.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 0:56

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:My wife and I saw the first Star Wars again about 2 years ago after seeing it when it first came out in '77.

Took my girl to it at the vogue theatre in Manistee. Two tickets two popcorns two pops and it was less than ten bucks. Had just got my drivers license. Good stuff.

Fucking baby boomers.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 0:59

It was good. A little too long. I almost fell asleep about 3 times. Definitely entertaining, I'm just tired from chasing my brats around and whatnot.

Fave characters:

1. R2
2 . Bacca
3. Princess. I can't decide if I want to bone her or not.
4. Dr. Kimble. He came back, I guess, right? I just liked seeing him without that weird nervous twitch. This guy is gonna have Dementia or Parkinson's post stat based on what I saw in this move vs. what I've seen over the past 20 years. Not trying to be a dick but wow, it was like a completely different person.
5. Luke. He is kind of an annoying turd.
6. C3PO - Annoying.

Can someone tell me why Obi Wan melted like the Wicked Witch? That was odd.

Good night.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 1:04

C3PO is lame
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 1:10

CORNER BLITZ wrote:C3PO is lame
Like Cym Jim, I find C3P0 kinda funny
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 1:15

I do remember playing with some of the spaceships when I was a kid. Specifically the ones the bad guys (empire?) were flying at the end. That was cool. Fun memory.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 16 Jan 2016 - 4:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It was good. A little too long. I almost fell asleep about 3 times. Definitely entertaining, I'm just tired from chasing my brats around and whatnot.

Fave characters:

1. R2
2 . Bacca
3. Princess. I can't decide if I want to bone her or not.
4. Dr. Kimble. He came back, I guess, right? I just liked seeing him without that weird nervous twitch. This guy is gonna have Dementia or Parkinson's post stat based on what I saw in this move vs. what I've seen over the past 20 years. Not trying to be a dick but wow, it was like a completely different person.
5. Luke. He is kind of an annoying turd.
6. C3PO - Annoying.

Can someone tell me why Obi Wan melted like the Wicked Witch? That was odd.

Good night.

Rodeo Burger is right about the Empire Strikes Back being the cream of the Stars Wars crop.  And you'll want to bang Leia after watching that one. For sure you'll want to bang her after watching Return of the Jedi.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next