Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread

+14
Cameron
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
tanfan!
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
GRR Spartan
Rodeo Burger
InTenSity
Turtleneck
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread

Post by steveschneider 16/01/16, 09:16 am

Star Wars nothing but Star Wars!

Is there any way to see the version of the movie without the additional scenes Lucas added in later?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread

Post by tanfan! 16/01/16, 11:53 am

Rodeo Burger wrote:SPOILER ALERT:

The newest movie is a reboot of the first Star Wars movie. For the 3rd time in the series, the main menace is an almost completed Death Star. So frickin lame. The plot and dialogue seem even thinner than usual for the series.

But, they're making a few billion off this clown show, and I can't touch that, so maybe I should be taking notes.

This is what I expect to read from social misfits. tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread - Page 2 506486848
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 16/01/16, 12:19 pm

Tanfan! wrote:
Rodeo Burger wrote:SPOILER ALERT:

The newest movie is a reboot of the first Star Wars movie. For the 3rd time in the series, the main menace is an almost completed Death Star. So frickin lame. The plot and dialogue seem even thinner than usual for the series.

But, they're making a few billion off this clown show, and I can't touch that, so maybe I should be taking notes.

This is what I expect to read from social misfits. tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread - Page 2 506486848

You expect social misfits to dislike Star Wars? Wait, what? I guess this is coming from the guy who can only tailgate and hang out with internet friends at MSU events while he calls other losers on message boards. tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 16/01/16, 12:35 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

You expect social misfits to dislike Star Wars? Wait, what? I guess this is coming from the guy who can only tailgate and hang out with internet friends at MSU events while he calls other losers on message boards. tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread - Page 2 502811600

tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread - Page 2 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 16/01/16, 02:30 pm

DWags wrote:tOfficial WBH watches Star Wars for the first time thread - Page 2 Image30

That guy doesn't have a neck.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 16/01/16, 05:39 pm

Tanfan! wrote:

Actually I tailgate with my friend the judge and go to every game with him. The only game I didn't go to with him is the cotton bowl you stupid fuck. I also tailgate with my former fraternity brothers. I stop by the RCMB tailgates. The entire world likes the new stars wars movie. I expect loser nerds like you and the other dork to post hate posts because you're misfits for a reason. You hang out on this message board as opposed to making friends while in college. If I were a student at msu there is no way in hell I woukd ever hang out on message boards. It's why you're a misfit. Now go outside and make a friend. Loser.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 16/01/16, 05:50 pm

Tanfan! wrote:

Actually I tailgate with my friend the judge and go to every game with him. The only game I didn't go to with him is the cotton bowl you stupid fuck. I also tailgate with my former fraternity brothers. I stop by the RCMB tailgates. The entire world likes the new stars wars movie. I expect loser nerds like you and the other dork to post hate posts because you're misfits for a reason. You hang out on this message board as opposed to making friends while in college. If I were a student at msu there is no way in hell I woukd ever hang out on message boards. It's why you're a misfit. Now go outside and make a friend. Loser.

Anyone that acts like this on a message board must be as cool as they say they are. I can't imagine another scenario when someone goes on tilt like this, their life must be great.

Dude - you were hanging out with nedgo at the Slippery noodle. Is there anything else that needs to be said?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/01/16, 06:05 pm

Tanfan! wrote:

Anyone that acts like this on a message board must be as cool as they say they are. I can't imagine another scenario when someone goes on tilt like this, their life must be great.

Dude - you were hanging out with nedgo at the Slippery noodle. Is there anything else that needs to be said?

Please stop being so maladjusted.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 16/01/16, 06:14 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

My degree may not mean shit in the workplace - but I can read this guy like a fucking book.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 16/01/16, 07:23 pm

My degree may not mean shit in the workplace - but I can read this guy like a fucking book.

I didn't tilt. I just stated facts. You don't know shit about me. i went to the game with the judge and his daughter and her friend you obtuse loser. I went to the noodle and saw not only nedgo but three of my fraternity brothers.  I had tickets with the judge. You  See I have many many friends outside of cyber space where you at your young age spend most of the day.  That says everything I need to know about you. It's why I called you a misfit. The majority of the world thought the Star Wars movie was awesome.  You are in the minority for a reason. It's called being a social misfit.  Normal humans don't get offended by silly movies.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 16/01/16, 11:07 pm

Tanfan! wrote:

I didn't tilt. I just stated facts. You don't know shit about me. i went to the game with the judge and his daughter and her friend you obtuse loser. I went to the noodle and saw not only nedgo but three of my fraternity brothers.  I had tickets with the judge. You  See I have many many friends outside of cyber space where you at your young age spend most of the day.  That says everything I need to know about you. It's why I called you a misfit. The majority of the world thought the Star Wars movie was awesome.  You are in the minority for a reason. It's called being a social misfit.  Normal humans don't get offended by silly movies.

Did you see the new Star Wars movie with the judge?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 16/01/16, 11:45 pm

I'm gonna try to watch the second one (5) because nothing better to do. I doubt I make it through but we'll see.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 16/01/16, 11:48 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm gonna try to watch the second one (5) because nothing better to do. I doubt I make it through but we'll see.

If you didn't tease both these games
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/16, 12:46 am

I'm not really quite sure why Kenny Skywalker is in some swamp but other than that enjoying this one thus far.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/16, 12:47 am

Wow ok I get it now. Skywalker just found Fozzy Bear.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/16, 01:04 am

Someone advise as to these add in scenes you guys are talking about. Other than the one in the bar which I don't think was included, I want to know what is original and what isn't.

For example, granted, I don't know shit about this series, but Darth Earl Jones just was talking to some hologram of some dude that from what I have picked up in commercials and whatnot was introduced in the newer ones. Or maybe I just don't know. Some guy with a white face.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/01/16, 01:08 am

If it looks cg it's an add on scene. I don't think there are as many in empire strikes back.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 17/01/16, 01:08 am

The add on scenes aren't really that big of a deal. Just some cgi bullshit that they added in the late 90s because they could that doesn't substantially change anything. Some people are old school and wish they weren't there. Some people don't really care. It doesn't matter.

Edit- so that they could because they got to sell some dvds and make a few extra billion.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/16, 01:20 am

I'm paranoid now guys. So there is this scene with Skywalker and Yoda in the forest and a fake Darth Vader comes up in a dream and Luke cuts his head off. It was reminiscent of "Wolf" where Nicholson jumps off of a ledge in a moonlight forest and becomes Michael Jackson. That HAD to be an add-on scene. Right?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 17/01/16, 01:22 am

No that's original. I'm not really sure about wolf but that sounds like it was probably made after this movie, right?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 17/01/16, 01:23 am

Yeah, looked it up. Like way after. Like 1994 after.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/16, 01:26 am

There was a Seinfeld episode mocking it, so yes. Where Jerry starts shaving his chest and it grows back. Pretty fucking accurate recreation despite parody. That's how bad it was. One of two movies I've ever walked out of. To reiterate from last night, I'm not much of a movie critic so that really says something.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/16, 02:03 am

This shit is super weird.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/16, 02:12 am

Jesus this one sucked shit through a straw. Conclusion anyone? Fuck you Obama.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 17/01/16, 02:13 am

That's the one everyone likes more than the rest of them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/16, 02:20 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That's the one everyone likes more than the rest of them.

This one? Really???

It was entertaining for a good 75 minutes or so...then lull...then build up and excitement as people are trying to exscape and whatnot. And then...Colt 45. And then a big giant fucking shart. And people are frozen. And arms are regenerated. And there's incest maybe (guessing) and I don't know. Just silliness.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 17/01/16, 02:23 am

Is it over yet? I don't want to spoil things.

There's that whole thing that happens at the end that you probably had to have known was coming because even without seeing the movie who doesn't know that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 17/01/16, 02:25 am

Also, I like it because the bad guys win. That isn't very common for a full movie. Take Lord of the Rings for instance... I'm supposed to find these bad guys as some intimidating force, but they just get their shit pushed in at every turn, with maybe some minor win here or there. Seems more like isis than a real bad guy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/16, 02:28 am

Yeah it's over. I'm drunk maybe I missed it? Are you talking about the Luke I am your Father thing?

Also did the bad guys really win? Seemed like they froze the fuck out of Dr. Kimble and the Falcon got away and everything else was left up for interpretation. I'm not a very good movie watcher, though, so maybe I missed a lot.

I'm watching Old School now.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 17/01/16, 02:31 am

Yeah, the whole "I'm your dad quit being a little shit" thing was shocking for most when they first saw it. You had to have known that going in though.

By the end shit isn't going very good for the rebels. They got away but are running scared with no real plan to not get destroyed. Luke just got all fucked up, though he also got away so there's some hope.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/16, 02:39 am

Obviously anyone, even someone as oblivious as me, knows "Luke I am your Father" (which he never said verbatim I don't think, because I was sorta paying attention). But I digress....

Despite that big "reveal", I don't fucking believe it. None of the shit anyone said leading up to this point fits with that "NARRATIVE". Whatever, maybe it does. I think it seems like a ruse.

I'm talking nonsense at this point. Going to bed. Honestly if I had a more exciting life I would never watch the 3rd one.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 17/01/16, 02:43 am

Yeah he doesn't actually say luke in there. It fits though. The next movie helps with that. Even though it isn't that great. But that's mostly because of the cuddly bear monsters.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/01/16, 10:22 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The add on scenes aren't really that big of a deal. Just some cgi bullshit that they added in the late 90s because they could that doesn't substantially change anything. Some people are old school and wish they weren't there. Some people don't really care. It doesn't matter.

Edit- so that they could because they got to sell some dvds and make a few extra billion.

I hated the add on scenes. For the most part they left Empire Strikesback alone...the add on scenes stick out like a sore thump in New Hope and Return of the Jedi.

My .02 to WBH, you don't sound like a Star Wars guy. Star Trek is great, check out the pilot episode and stick with the original series.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 17/01/16, 10:26 am

steveschneider wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The add on scenes aren't really that big of a deal. Just some cgi bullshit that they added in the late 90s because they could that doesn't substantially change anything. Some people are old school and wish they weren't there. Some people don't really care. It doesn't matter.

I hated the add on scenes. For the most part they left Empire Strikesback alone...the add on scenes stick out like a sore thump in New Hope and Return of the Jedi.

My .02 to WBH, you don't sound like a Star Wars guy. Star Trek is great, check out the pilot episode and stick with the original series.

They didn't actually change anything though is what I meant. The story is still the story with or without them. No different
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/01/16, 10:36 am

steveschneider wrote:

They didn't actually change anything though is what I meant. The story is still the story with or without them. No different

Well the first one definitely has some changes, the CGI shot of Jabba was a cut out scene from the original and they changed the scene where Han smokes Greedo.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 17/01/16, 11:40 am

I fucking LOVE Star Wars, but I'm in the small minority of Star Wars nerds that thinks Empire is over rated and Ep. IV is the best of the bunch. Empire is very much the second of three, as noted. No real conclusion, not very satisfying on its own.

As a kid, my favorite was Jedi. Now, I find much of it kind of silly. I kind of hate the ewoks too. Their role in the plot is not believable (insofar as anything in Star Wars is believable). Worth seeing at least once though, if you've already taken the time to watch IV and V.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/16, 11:49 am

Yeah I'm definitely not gonna be a Star Wars guy but I'm glad I watched them. I'll watch the third one and then probably quit.

Funny shit, I was playing a lot of Trivia Crack last year and every other fucking question was about Harry Potter in the Entertainment category. So much so that I started thinking if this shit is this popular, I need to become acquainted with it. I bought the first Potter movie on Amazon to watch one night. I got about 20 minutes in and had to turn it off. That shit was unwatchable. Star Wars is pretty watchable, but just not really my thing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 17/01/16, 12:38 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah I'm definitely not gonna be a Star Wars guy but I'm glad I watched them. I'll watch the third one and then probably quit.

Funny shit, I was playing a lot of Trivia Crack last year and every other fucking question was about Harry Potter in the Entertainment category. So much so that I started thinking if this shit is this popular, I need to become acquainted with it. I bought the first Potter movie on Amazon to watch one night. I got about 20 minutes in and had to turn it off. That shit was unwatchable. Star Wars is pretty watchable, but just not really my thing.

Harry Potter movies are a mixed bag. I think they switched directors after the first two, and that made a big difference stylistically. The plots also generally get better and less childish as they go on (in large part because the characters get older).

But I think you're even farther outside the Harry Potter demographic than you are for Star Wars.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/01/16, 12:38 pm

Cameron wrote:I fucking LOVE Star Wars, but I'm in the small minority of Star Wars nerds that thinks Empire is over rated and Ep. IV is the best of the bunch. Empire is very much the second of three, as noted. No real conclusion, not very satisfying on its own.

As a kid, my favorite was Jedi. Now, I find much of it kind of silly. I kind of hate the ewoks too. Their role in the plot is not believable (insofar as anything in Star Wars is believable). Worth seeing at least once though, if you've already taken the time to watch IV and V.

Yep, the plot structure and pacing of the first movie is pretty much perfection. Even if sci fi isn't your thing film students study that film for its structure and pacing. It's perfect.

The second one is paced really well and is geared more towards ending with a few cliff hangers and setting up episode VI.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 18/01/16, 12:39 am

Fuck me. I'm having a bad night. I have to work tomorrow but kids and wife = no school. Which basically means this minus well be a Saturday night for me. I couldn't find anything to watch, I poured a drink and now I just done ordered Return of the Jedi on Amazon for $20. I don't really even remember how the first two ended. Here we go. At least I'll own this one so I can rewatch it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next