Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

•SPOILERS INCLUDED• If/When they kill off Maggie on The Walking Dead, I'm done

+14
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
StylesGShmooth
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
Dr. Strangelove
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
Tim Wakefield
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

•SPOILERS INCLUDED• If/When they kill off Maggie on The Walking Dead, I'm done - Page 3 Empty Re: •SPOILERS INCLUDED• If/When they kill off Maggie on The Walking Dead, I'm done

Post by InTenSity 2016-04-03, 21:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So what the fuck was that? "Give us your shit, oh and one of you will have to die."

"Nah, we'll just leave instead."

scratch
That's what Trevor told src.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

•SPOILERS INCLUDED• If/When they kill off Maggie on The Walking Dead, I'm done - Page 3 Empty Re: •SPOILERS INCLUDED• If/When they kill off Maggie on The Walking Dead, I'm done

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-03, 22:17

Well, I guess the only question now is who dies?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-04-03, 22:30

So lemme get this straight...

Rick and company straight up slaughtered like 50 Saviors over the past 3 episodes and now the Saviors are fucking mind reading route destroyers with unlimited resources?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-03, 22:33

Just kidding otpt. This show sucks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-03, 22:36

Dr. Strangelove wrote:So lemme get this straight...

Rick and company straight up slaughtered like 50 Saviors over the past 3 episodes and now the Saviors are fucking mind reading route destroyers with unlimited resources?

Yeah, come the fuck on. Also Alexandria isn't some po-dunk town with countryside nearby.

And fuck this ending.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-03, 22:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:So lemme get this straight...

Yeah, come the fuck on. Also Alexandria isn't some po-dunk town with countryside nearby.

And fuck this ending.

Dude. The whole season we all knew how it would end, we just didn't know who. Now, it happened and I still don't know who. That's so stupid. The season was essentially useless.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-04-03, 23:00

I lasted through Lori, I lasted through Dale, I lasted through The Farm - not sure I can last through this.

Truly an awful season especially with the four weeks of is Glenn really dead bullshit in the middle of it and then this giant of eat shit to their audience season finale?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-03, 23:00

I wish they would stop milking every show with a dumb talk show that follows each episode. Keep that shit on the Internet. I do not want to see Chris Hardwick without Jenny McCarthy.

•SPOILERS INCLUDED• If/When they kill off Maggie on The Walking Dead, I'm done - Page 3 1997-Jenny-McCarthy-225x300
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-03, 23:10

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I lasted through Lori, I lasted through Dale, I lasted through The Farm - not sure I can last through this.

Truly an awful season especially with the four weeks of is Glenn really dead bullshit in the middle of it and then this giant of eat shit to their audience season finale?

If they had just had glen stay dead I'd probably be okay with tonight.

One of the most annoying things I find about this show is that it is so delivered when things are going to happen to a main or sort of main character. I really liked the idea of taking glen, a from episode 1 character, and randomly offing him in episode 5 or whatever without some big dramatic moment. Just to keep you on your toes.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they don't know who it is themselves. Probably just waiting to see if daryls new show sucks or not. It'll either be him or Aaron or Abraham which will also be terribly disappointing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-03, 23:20

Why are they always wearing coats? Doesn't it get hot down south?

Edit: It is also time to go over the top. Somebody needs to get their hands on an attack helicopter and light some people up. Maybe introduce some zombie wildlife, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-04-03, 23:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:I lasted through Lori, I lasted through Dale, I lasted through The Farm - not sure I can last through this.

If they had just had glen stay dead I'd probably be okay with tonight.

One of the most annoying things I find about this show is that it is so delivered when things are going to happen to a main or sort of main character. I really liked the idea of taking glen, a from episode 1 character, and randomly offing him in episode 5 or whatever without some big dramatic moment. Just to keep you on your toes.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they don't know who it is themselves. Probably just waiting to see if daryls new show sucks or not. It'll either be him or Aaron or Abraham which will also be terribly disappointing.

I was really hoping for/looking forward too Glenn or Daryl getting the bat.  Rick has become pretty worthless too, but he's obviously not dying.  But they will likely off the pretty boy nobody that came along for the ride.  

Sleep

Last edited by Nordic on 2016-04-03, 23:56; edited 2 times in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-04-03, 23:54

Garbage fucking episode. Done watching this show. 90 minutes of driving around, the Morgan/Carol storyline that nobody gives a shit about, and a cliffhanger. Booooo
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-04-03, 23:57

Tim Wakefield wrote:Garbage fucking episode. Done watching this show. 90 minutes of driving around, the Morgan/Carol storyline that nobody gives a shit about, and a cliffhanger. Booooo

I was fine with the driving around and Morgan/Carol storyline.  But there was no reward at the end.

The 'to be continued' shit was played out on Happy Days and the Love Boat.  Smashing Daryl's skull in would of created more buzz for next season.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-04-06, 16:32

Nordic wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Garbage fucking episode. Done watching this show. 90 minutes of driving around, the Morgan/Carol storyline that nobody gives a shit about, and a cliffhanger. Booooo

I was fine with the driving around and Morgan/Carol storyline.  But there was no reward at the end.

The 'to be continued' shit was played out on Happy Days and the Love Boat.  Smashing Daryl's skull in would of created more buzz for next season.
I hated that part, the driving around part. It reminded me of some old video game where you can't get through certain parts, because there is a hedge in the way and your character can't jump. I'll continue to watch, because that's what I do, plus I usually don't have anything better to do on nights my wife works.

I agree with Travis about Glen's death. That and the attack on Alexandria has nerfed the zombies. Now they are just a backdrop for whatever is going to happen.

A couple of other questions. How did no one from Alexandria know about any of these other groups, when they had been sending out parties? Why didn't the hilltop people know how big the Saviors were. What happened to the Wolves? There are now 5 different social groups in a small area, that don't seem to coexist, but don't communicate? I don't know how to describe it.
Alexandria - sending out scouts, never notice anyone in the 10 mile radius around them, or come back to tell them about the zombies gathering at the bottom of a quarry.
Wolves - Seem to be wanderers, just attack and kill anyone that they come into contact with, no known homebase.
Hilltop - Peaceful town that is forced to trade with Saviors, wants protection from Rick, but doesn't warn them how big they are and that they are outnumbered by about 10-1.
Blue Armor guys - Have horses, I was losing interest and missed if they said anything meaningful.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-07, 01:13

Yeah it's a mess. Not buying next season.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-07, 11:00

It's sad when such a great concept goes off the rails.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-04-07, 11:18

Rocinante wrote:It's sad when such a great concept goes off the rails.
Isn't there really only so much to a zombie apocalypse that can happen? It can't be a zombie around every corner, especially since they made these zombies slow and lumbering.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-07, 11:26

InTenSity wrote:
Rocinante wrote:It's sad when such a great concept goes off the rails.
Isn't there really only so much to a zombie apocalypse that can happen? It can't be a zombie around every corner, especially since they made these zombies slow and lumbering.

What would be cool is if they just did away with the zombies. It's so fucking gimmicky at this point. Have them die off due to lack of food or something. Then you could take the show in a new direction. Have people trying to rebuild in a world where everyone had been reduced to joining small tribes. Won't happen though because ZOMBIES!!!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-07, 11:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

What would be cool is if they just did away with the zombies. It's so fucking gimmicky at this point. Have them die off due to lack of food or something. Then you could take the show in a new direction. Have people trying to rebuild in a world where everyone had been reduced to joining small tribes. Won't happen though because ZOMBIES!!!

Okay you guys are dumb.

The point of the whole show is not the zombies. It's what would people become if society was gone and survival became priority 1. The tribal / feudal / barbarian shit is the whole point. The zombies are just a backdrop or a vehicle to tell the story. It's the dark ages played out in modern times, which is why it's so compelling. We like to think we'd somehow be civilized, but how long would it last and how fast would we lose what we call our humanity.

But regardless, they have decided that the characters are more important than the story making sense and have decided to sacrifice a good story for the sake of following a few people that are "likable". It's bullshit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-07, 12:29

Rocinante wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Okay you guys are dumb.  

The point of the whole show is not the zombies.  It's what would people become if society was gone and survival became priority 1.  The tribal / feudal / barbarian shit is the whole point.  The zombies are just a backdrop or a vehicle to tell the story.  It's the dark ages played out in modern times, which is why it's so compelling.  We like to think we'd somehow be civilized, but how long would it last and how fast would we lose what we call our humanity.  

But regardless, they have decided that the characters are more important than the story making sense and have decided to sacrifice a good story for the sake of following a few people that are "likable".  It's bullshit.

I could have sworn that the whole 1st half of this season was what to do with a fucking zombie horde.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-07, 12:31

•SPOILERS INCLUDED• If/When they kill off Maggie on The Walking Dead, I'm done - Page 3 294152859
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-07, 12:42

Rocinante wrote:•SPOILERS INCLUDED• If/When they kill off Maggie on The Walking Dead, I'm done - Page 3 294152859

Was that somehow not the case?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-07, 12:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Rocinante wrote:•SPOILERS INCLUDED• If/When they kill off Maggie on The Walking Dead, I'm done - Page 3 294152859

Yes, it was, but I'm talking about the concept, which we've already established has gone off the rails. This season was a joke, for the most part.

There are still some great performances, but the concept of the show has been lost.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-07, 13:29

Rocinante wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Yes, it was, but I'm talking about the concept, which we've already established has gone off the rails.  This season was a joke, for the most part.  

There are still some great performances, but the concept of the show has been lost.

Yeah, the guy who plays Rick was great in the last scene and he didn't say a word. The dude playing Negan was great too, for the little bit of time he had on screen. We do agree though, this show has gone off the rails big time.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-10-23, 22:42

Well Maggie is back on the market
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-23, 22:50

That was fine. I just wish....

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-10-23, 22:59

I hope they realize how much audience goodwill they burned last year with the dumpster and then not showing Glen for 4 fucking weeks. Also the season finale was pure garbage.

TWD has always done season openers fairly well and this wasn't bad (if a bit repetitive).

Wish they killed Rick and Coral though
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-23, 23:57

The more I think about it.... there's no real positive end to this show. Or there shouldn't be. You know what would be an impactful ending? If in the beginning or the middle of a season (not the end of the final season when people might expect it) they just offed everyone and were done. Like tonight, when they had a gun to the back of everyone's head.... Let Rick fuck up and then they kill the whole cast. Show done, bye, sorry. People would hate it and be pissed, but it would probably be the most realistic ending possible instead of just limping to some dumb ending like it is destined to do.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-24, 00:05

My wife is the real fanatic about this show. She enjoyed tonight's ep, but said she felt more of a gut punch when she thought Glen had died instead of hiding safely under the dumpster.
Watched Talking Dead after the show, and Lauren Cohan was looking goooood, man. •SPOILERS INCLUDED• If/When they kill off Maggie on The Walking Dead, I'm done - Page 3 3434560931
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-24, 00:07

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The more I think about it.... there's no real positive end to this show. Or there shouldn't be. You know what would be an impactful ending? If in the beginning or the middle of a season (not the end of the final season when people might expect it) they just offed everyone and were done. Like tonight, when they had a gun to the back of everyone's head.... Let Rick fuck up and then they kill the whole cast. Show done, bye, sorry. People would hate it and be pissed, but it would probably be the most realistic ending possible instead of just limping to some dumb ending like it is destined to do.

Thought crossed my mind, too. My wife would've joined the riot that would surely follow if any harm came to Darryl.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-24, 00:15

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The more I think about it.... there's no real positive end to this show. Or there shouldn't be. You know what would be an impactful ending? If in the beginning or the middle of a season (not the end of the final season when people might expect it) they just offed everyone and were done. Like tonight, when they had a gun to the back of everyone's head.... Let Rick fuck up and then they kill the whole cast. Show done, bye, sorry. People would hate it and be pissed, but it would probably be the most realistic ending possible instead of just limping to some dumb ending like it is destined to do.

Thought crossed my mind, too. My wife would've joined the riot that would surely follow if any harm came to Darryl.  

I really really really like the idea of Daryl becoming a bad guy. And not a "oh I still have my heart with you guys but I'm doing bad things because I have to" bad guy, but a full on getting influenced by Negan bad guy. I dunno, I just think that that would be another example of going in the opposite direction of what people want, and thus expect, that could keep this show interesting.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-24, 00:21

tGreenWay wrote:

I really really really like the idea of Daryl becoming a bad guy. And not a "oh I still have my heart with you guys but I'm doing bad things because I have to" bad guy, but a full on getting influenced by Negan bad guy. I dunno, I just think that that would be another example of going in the opposite direction of what people want and thus expect that could keep this show interesting.

I'll let you know when my wife begins losing interest. She's as big a fan of the show as there is, minus the art-inspired fans who have extra time on their hands to create Lego scenes and balloon animal-style characters. Once her interest begins to wane, that's when the show is doomed.

I don't know about Darryl, but I don't read the graphic novel, either. I know Darryl started as a not very good character, I guess self-preservation could influence his future endeavors.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-24, 00:26

tGreenWay wrote:

I really really really like the idea of Daryl becoming a bad guy. And not a "oh I still have my heart with you guys but I'm doing bad things because I have to" bad guy, but a full on getting influenced by Negan bad guy. I dunno, I just think that that would be another example of going in the opposite direction of what people want and thus expect that could keep this show interesting.

I'll let you know when my wife begins losing interest. She's as big a fan of the show as there is, minus the art-inspired fans who have extra time on their hands to create Lego scenes and balloon animal-style characters. Once her interest begins to wane, that's when the show is doomed.

I don't know about Darryl, but I don't read the graphic novel, either. I know Darryl started as a not very good character, I guess self-preservation could influence his future endeavors.

Ive never read the novels, but I know that Daryl didn't exist in them. He is tv show only so they can go in any direction they want. The problem is that they've sort of strung him along for several seasons now just because people like him... he hasn't really done much of anything for awhile and probably would have been killed off if it didn't mean lost viewers. So, make him a main character again but not in the virtuous way people want him to be. I dunno.... I just don't want the show to go all dexter and fall off then limp to a shitty ending. It will almost certainly do that though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-24, 00:36

tGreenWay wrote:

Ive never read the novels, but I know that Daryl didn't exist in them. He is tv show only so they can go in any direction they want. The problem is that they've sort of strung him along for several seasons now just because people like him... he hasn't really done much of anything for awhile and probably would have been killed off if it didn't mean lost viewers. So, make him a main character again but not in the virtuous way people want him to be. I dunno.... I just don't want the show to go all dexter and fall off then limp to a shitty ending. It will almost certainly do that though.

Agreed. There's really no logical way to wrap this up. Keep an eye on Gimple and Nicotero. Once they start working other shows, the quality of TWD will likely drop, and probably pretty quickly. I'm not even counting Fear the Walking Dead. That's a flat-out boring POS.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-10-24, 00:44

I came here to find out who got whacked. I ain't watching this season
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-10-24, 01:19

Tim Wakefield wrote:I came here to find out who got whacked. I ain't watching this season

Abraham and Glenn. Bummed about Big Red, he was always good for a couple one-liners each episode and probably the only reason I was still watching. But at least they off'ed Glenn. He was getting annoying.  Maggi is gong to be unbearable now though.

I like Travis' idea. Rick's constant fuck ups needs be their demise eventually. They had it setup perfect tonight too, but obviously that wasn't going to happen. Solid episode though. Best one in a while. Glenn's eye buldging out of head was pretty gnarly.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-24, 01:44

Nordic wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:I came here to find out who got whacked. I ain't watching this season

Abraham and Glenn. Bummed about Big Red, he was always good for a couple one-liners each episode and probably the only reason I was still watching. But at least they off'ed Glenn. He was getting annoying.  Maggi is gong to be unbearable now though.

I like Travis' idea. Rick's constant fuck ups needs be their demise eventually. They had it setup perfect tonight too, but obviously that wasn't going to happen. Solid episode though. Best one in a while. Glenn's eye buldging out of head was pretty gnarly.

Mother dick.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-10-24, 06:22

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Mother dick.

Close, he told Negan to suck his balls when he was getting his head bashed in.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-24, 09:52

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Mother dick.

Close, he told Negan to suck his balls when he was getting his head bashed in.

Not so close. I was just quoting one of my favorite Abraham sayings.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-24, 10:00

never seen it.. never plan on seeing it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next