Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

+38
DoogieHouser
Heat Miser
Code_Warrior
Giant Moose
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
xsanguine
Frank Ricard
Vlad
AMwood
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
Gomer
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
Dr. Strangelove
Jethro Bodeen
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
The_Dude
Cameron
Ass Dan
SpartanInNH
HT
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
Blanch32
Rodeo Burger
steveschneider
InTenSity
DWags
42 posters

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 Empty Re: OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

Post by kingstonlake 2016-02-24, 12:17

steveschneider wrote:Trump won every demographic in Nevada including the Latino vote.

Just amazing.

There is no "vote".
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 Empty Re: OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-02-24, 12:21

Vlad wrote:I'm still relatively sure that Trump's candidacy was cooked up between him and the Clintons to create a Trojan horse in the Republican ranks. I'm chuckling seeing that no one is really pressing him on this. The man has been a leftist all his life, and suddenly he's become a "conservative"? Really? It's that easy, huh? You're a conservative just because you say that you are?

In any case, I'm enjoying this!
It's not just me then? He was always pretty moderate, right? I used to think he would maybe lean Democrat if anything. This whole campaign of his has been so bizarre, because it doesn't fit with what I always remember him being. It's not just that he's running as a Republican, but that he's going full extremist.

Part of me has wondered if this is all a joke of some sort, or that he's making a point on how fucked up the political party system is. To win a nomination, you have to appeal to the extreme right or extreme left (depending on which party's nomination you're going for). To win the general election, you have to appeal to the middle. So basically every candidate says the hard core conservative or liberal stuff in the primaries, and then they moderate their tone in the general election, and people don't notice or don't care. So far he's done exactly that, only appealed to the extreme even more than usual. If he wins the nomination, I wouldn't be all that surprised if he goes full-moderate, maybe even left-leaning. The Republicans would be forced to still side with him, and he could really pander to the middle and even the left-middle.

It's just very strange. I keep feeling like he's playing at something, but maybe that's just me not wanting to believe that someone could be that nutty, antagonistic, and offensive, and still win the nomination one of the two political parties and potentially even become President.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-24, 12:22

Out of everyone on the Latino side of my family that shares their politics the ones who've always voted Democrat despise Trump and the ones who always vote Republican love him. Anecdotal, of course.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-02-24, 12:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

You wouldn't be posting photos of black gentlemen dressing up as KKK members supporting Trump as a protest and passing them off as actual KKK members at the Nevada caucus, are you, Bob?
is that what the mainstream media is now reporting?

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 502811600 I not surprised Bobby Sak is supporting the candidate who is bought and paid for by big business...
OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 Clinton
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-24, 12:24

kingstonlake wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Just reporting the raw #s...but yes I am. Are you?

Yea, I am. Just thought whites who make up 76% of the population might take issue with your claim that its a latino state.

Where did I suggest it was a majority latino state?

All I said was Trump beat out two latino guys for the latino vote in that state. Follow along now.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-24, 12:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Vlad wrote:I'm still relatively sure that Trump's candidacy was cooked up between him and the Clintons to create a Trojan horse in the Republican ranks. I'm chuckling seeing that no one is really pressing him on this. The man has been a leftist all his life, and suddenly he's become a "conservative"? Really? It's that easy, huh? You're a conservative just because you say that you are?

In any case, I'm enjoying this!
It's not just me then? He was always pretty moderate, right? I used to think he would maybe lean Democrat if anything. This whole campaign of his has been so bizarre, because it doesn't fit with what I always remember him being. It's not just that he's running as a Republican, but that he's going full extremist.

Part of me has wondered if this is all a joke of some sort, or that he's making a point on how fucked up the political party system is. To win a nomination, you have to appeal to the extreme right or extreme left (depending on which party's nomination you're going for). To win the general election, you have to appeal to the middle. So basically every candidate says the hard core conservative or liberal stuff in the primaries, and then they moderate their tone in the general election, and people don't notice or don't care. So far he's done exactly that, only appealed to the extreme even more than usual. If he wins the nomination, I wouldn't be all that surprised if he goes full-moderate, maybe even left-leaning. The Republicans would be forced to still side with him, and he could really pander to the middle and even the left-middle.

It's just very strange. I keep feeling like he's playing at something, but maybe that's just me not wanting to believe that someone could be that nutty, antagonistic, and offensive, and still win the nomination one of the two political parties and potentially even become President.

You hit the nail on the head, Miami. This is exactly why I wanted a Trump vs. Sanders race. Get in a general election and watch them try to win the middle without backtracking (which I think both are more apt NOT to do).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 12:30

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 502811600 I not surprised Bobby Sak is supporting the candidate who is bought and paid for by big business...
OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 Clinton
well let's see...

I could support Hillary.. or I could support a bigoted, racist misogynist who is popular with the KKK, Sarah Palin and Kid Rock.

I think I'll support Hillary.. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-24, 12:32

Donald Trump has been analyzing his Presidential chances since at least the 90s. He's not joking, this is not a ploy to get Hillary elected. He's in this to get the white house.

My sister, a staunch republican, is beside herself in horror about this.

Meanwhile, she's encourages the cult of stupid that has gotten the party to this point. The war on education, the appeal to the lowest common denominator that got Bush elected twice and the God and Guns mentality that get's dumb rednecks all up in arms and voting. This is the grave that the republicans have dug themselves by being the party of NO, and the party of stupid.

Democrats are not much better, but right now, they're better.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-24, 12:38

Rocinante wrote:Donald Trump has been analyzing his Presidential chances since at least the 90s. He's not joking, this is not a ploy to get Hillary elected. He's in this to get the white house.

Meanwhile, she's encourages the cult of stupid that has gotten the party to this point. The war on education, the appeal to the lowest common denominator that got Bush elected twice and the God and Guns mentality that get's dumb rednecks all up in arms and voting. This is the grave that the republicans have dug themselves by being the party of NO, and the party of stupid.

I'd argue promising free stuff to people and playing the class warfare/race card every chance you get appeals to the lowest common denominator.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-24, 12:40

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Spoiler:
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-24, 12:42

NigelUno wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Spoiler:

Not Donald
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-24, 12:49

The_Dude wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Donald Trump has been analyzing his Presidential chances since at least the 90s. He's not joking, this is not a ploy to get Hillary elected. He's in this to get the white house.

I'd argue promising free stuff to people and playing the class warfare/race card every chance you get appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Well shit, it's a good thing nobody's doing that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 12:49

The_Dude wrote:

while having the KKK support you as you make bigoted and misogynistic comments clearly speaks to the more intellectual segment of society.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-24, 12:51

Rocinante wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Only every time the two Dem nominees open their mouths...Hilary is already on record saying a Republican Governor poisoned his own people.

Only Hilary who has made 25 mil with Bill giving corporate speeches this last year could still play the class warfare card and have her sheep lap it up. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-24, 12:51

Red States are the real takers of federal money.  

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 966724856
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-24, 12:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

while having the KKK support you as you make bigoted and misogynistic comments clearly speaks to the more intellectual segment of society.

Trump won the highly educated vote in NV and ran away in New Hampshire one of the most highly educated states. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 502811600

But man...those Hilary supporters. When I think of true intellect, that's who immediately pops into mind.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-24, 12:53

The_Dude wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Only every time the two Dem nominees open their mouths...Hilary is already on record saying a Republican Governor poisoned his own people.

Only Hilary who has made 25 mil with Bill giving corporate speeches this last year could still play the class warfare card and have her sheep lap it up. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 502811600

Nobody's talking about free stuff. That's a bullshit lie. What people are talking about is a fair tax system, better international trade and a chance for a hard working individual to get ahead.

Class warfare, is real, though. The rich are winning right now. If trump gets elected, there will probably be a popular uprising.

So I guess, bring it on.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-24, 12:53

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:while having the KKK support you as you make bigoted and misogynistic comments clearly speaks to the more intellectual segment of society.

Trump won the highly educated vote in NV and ran away in New Hampshire one of the most highly educated states. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 502811600

But man...those Hilary supporters. When I think of true intellect, that's who immediately pops into mind.

But, Trump won the lowly educated vote also. He said so. He loves them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-24, 12:53

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 Clayton-bigsby-chappelle
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-02-24, 12:54

The_Dude wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Yea, I am. Just thought whites who make up 76% of the population might take issue with your claim that its a latino state.

All I said was Trump beat out two latino guys for the latino vote in that state. Follow along now.

You appear to be saying he beat out two ethnically latino men in Nevada for the Latino vote which makes up 22% of the population. What is your proof? Your theory only makes sense if you thought it was a much larger hispanic voting block.

I'm convinced you don't know how a caucus works.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-24, 12:55

Rocinante wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Nobody's talking about free stuff. That's a bullshit lie. What people are talking about is a fair tax system, better international trade and a chance for a hard working individual to get ahead.

Class warfare, is real, though. The rich are winning right now. If trump gets elected, there will probably be a popular uprising.

So I guess, bring it on.

Really? Bernie is on record saying free healthcare and free education for all.

Nice try. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 502811600

Oh...and I forgot...your solution to wealth inequality is to have government bureaucrats re distribute wealth. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-02-24, 13:02

What entertainment. This thread is such a train wreck of pot v kettle
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 13:04

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:while having the KKK support you as you make bigoted and misogynistic comments clearly speaks to the more intellectual segment of society.

Trump won the highly educated vote in NV and ran away in New Hampshire one of the most highly educated states.  OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 502811600

But man...those Hilary supporters.  When I think of true intellect, that's who immediately pops into mind.
very true.. one thing I always notice at the Trump rallies are the throngs of intellectuals there as they carefully listen to his delicately nuanced commentary on the state of the country and the world.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-02-24, 13:05; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-24, 13:05

kingstonlake wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

You appear to be saying he beat out two ethnically latino men in Nevada for the Latino vote which makes up 22% of the population. What is your proof? Your theory only makes sense if you thought it was a much larger hispanic voting block.

I'm convinced you aren't very smart...but who is really?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 13:06

The_Dude wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

You appear to be saying he beat out two ethnically latino men in Nevada for the Latino vote which makes up 22% of the population.  What is your proof?  Your theory only makes sense if you thought it was a much larger hispanic voting block.

I'm convinced you aren't very smart...but who is really?
The_Dude wrote:Trump won the highly educated vote in NV and ran away in New Hampshire one of the most highly educated states.

you just said Trump supporters were..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-02-24, 13:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:well let's see...

I could support Hillary.. or I could support a bigoted, racist misogynist who is popular with the KKK, Sarah Palin and Kid Rock.

I think I'll support Hillary.. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 3493939353
So you don't support Hillary, you just oppose Trump?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 13:17

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:well let's see...

So you don't support Hillary, you just oppose Trump?
pretty much.

the last presidential candidate I truly supported was Dennis Kucinich. Otherwise you just choose whichever special interest sell-out best represents your views.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-24, 13:22

Rocinante wrote:Red States are the real takers of federal money.  

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 966724856

Wouldn't that be a problem of your state senator and congressmen not getting the federal money back to you? Seems I'd want a state that shows that we're getting more money back than we're paying in taxes, and that is directly on our Congressmen and women we send to Washington DC to get the damn job done for us. I'm not impressed with guys who do't bring back Federal dollars. I don't want martyrs working for us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-24, 13:24

Just my professional opinion as I have viewed countless Bernie Sanders supporters switch over to Trump. Trump wins general in a landslide.  Half of Bernie Supporters will vote Trump. Thats a fact! Democrats love him!!

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265 on 2016-02-24, 13:25; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-24, 13:25

Rocinante wrote:Red States are the real takers of federal money.  

Well...yeah. Those states have the highest % minority populations...so it makes sense.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-24, 13:29

Posting for Bob.
http://www.vox.com/2016/2/24/11105552/trump-supporters-slavery
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-24, 13:33

Roc tries to play southern whites getting more federal money...Overall black population in America is 13%...

In South Carolina its 30%...In Alabama its 25%...in Louisiana its 32%...in Mississippi its 36%..Florida is 17% black and 20% latino...

I think you just made the counter point to what you were trying to actually make.

Now, you go ahead and tell me the demographic makeup of states that are on the other end of the spectrum.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-24, 13:35

Turtleneck wrote:Posting for Bob.

Why are you so stupid? Why would you post something that is about disagreeing with executive orders rather than getting rid of slavery? The whole study was done on the topic of executive orders. People hate Obama and his executive orders right now which will show in a survey about them. You must of went to the Clinton school of Liberalism. Pathetic.  Weak. Disgusting.  #Winning #TrumpTrain #WeHaveNoBrakes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-24, 13:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Trump can't win the latino vote--beats out two guys for the latino vote in a western state that are ethnically latino.

Trump can't get over 1/3 of the total vote...oops...beats that by 10 points. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 1486952199
the KKK and poor educated certainly approve..

#WhitePower
#MakeAmericaWhiteAgain
#Trump2016

The fact that he is your worse nightmare makes him a ok with me!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-24, 13:42

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Posting for Bob.

Why are you so stupid? Why would you post something that is about disagreeing with executive orders rather than getting rid of slavery? The whole study was done on the topic of executive orders. People hate Obama and his executive orders right now which will show in a survey about them. You must of went to the Clinton school of Liberalism. Pathetic.  Weak. Disgusting.  #Winning #TrumpTrain #WeHaveNoBrakes

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 1966794946
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-24, 13:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

well let's see...

Bob hates honesty and laws
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-24, 13:49

The_Dude wrote:Roc tries to play southern whites getting more federal money...Overall black population in America is 13%...

In South Carolina its 30%...In Alabama its 25%...in Louisiana its 32%...in Mississippi its 36%..Florida is 17% black and 20% latino...

I think you just made the counter point to what you were trying to actually make.

Now, you go ahead and tell me the demographic makeup of states that are on the other end of the spectrum.

Oh cool, it's a race thing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-24, 13:54

The_Dude wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Nobody's talking about free stuff.  That's a bullshit lie.  What people are talking about is a fair tax system, better international trade and a chance for a hard working individual to get ahead.

Class warfare, is real, though.  The rich are winning right now.  If trump gets elected, there will probably be a popular uprising.

So I guess, bring it on.

Really?  Bernie is on record saying free healthcare and free education for all.

Nice try.  OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 502811600

Oh...and I forgot...your solution to wealth inequality is to have government bureaucrats re distribute wealth. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 502811600

No, Bernie is not on record saying "free" anything.  He's saying college education for all paid for by a progressive tax system.  Nobody thinks anything is free and that's a tired talking point. In a democracy, when the people decide that something is a good idea... Oh I don't know, like public education, or maintained roads, that's how we pay for it: taxes.  Guess how corporations get their millions, by using publicly financed infrastructure.  Yet the money they get out of it vs, the money they put in is ridiculously skewed toward the individual and away from the vast majority of us who get a much smaller benefit for our tax dollar.  I'm sure you'll have some really smart retort, so please continue.

FREE STUFF!!

BLACK PEOPLE!!!

WELFARE STATE!!!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-24, 14:02

Rocinante wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Roc tries to play southern whites getting more federal money...Overall black population in America is 13%...

Oh cool, it's a race thing.

Yes? The states that receive the most federal money all have the highest % of minority residents.

Draw whatever conclusion you like bud. You are the one that brought it up..and it blew up in your face.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-24, 14:08

Rocinante wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Really?  Bernie is on record saying free healthcare and free education for all.

Nice try.  OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 7 502811600

No, Bernie is not on record saying "free" anything.  He's saying college education for all paid for by a progressive tax system.  Nobody thinks anything is free and that's a tired talking point. In a democracy, when the people decide that something is a good idea... Oh I don't know, like public education, or maintained roads, that's how we pay for it: taxes.  Guess how corporations get their millions, by using publicly financed infrastructure.  Yet the money they get out of it vs, the money they put in is ridiculously skewed toward the individual and away from the vast majority of us who get a much smaller benefit for our tax dollar.  I'm sure you'll have some really smart retort, so please continue.

FREE STUFF!!

BLACK PEOPLE!!!

WELFARE STATE!!!!

Remember...all of your successes are owed to the carpenter that put up your dry wall and the 5th grade teacher that taught you math.  None of your individual success is due to you.  You either got lucky or were successful because of 'other people'

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next