Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

+38
DoogieHouser
Heat Miser
Code_Warrior
Giant Moose
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
xsanguine
Frank Ricard
Vlad
AMwood
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
Gomer
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
Dr. Strangelove
Jethro Bodeen
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
The_Dude
Cameron
Ass Dan
SpartanInNH
HT
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
Blanch32
Rodeo Burger
steveschneider
InTenSity
DWags
42 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

Post by DWags Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Is that really going to faze Trump's core constituency?

His
Percentages just went up in all but maybe five states.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 12 Empty Re: OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

Post by NigelUno Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:25 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:Seriously, why do people even ask these types of questions?

I think because David Duke endorsed Trump.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:45 pm

NigelUno wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:Seriously, why do people even ask these types of questions?

I think because David Duke endorsed Trump.

He did admonish dukes endorsement at one of the pressers yesterday (or at least it was on CNN yesterday)
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Give me a break. Did anyone ever ask Omamao to disavow Hugo Chavez or Bill Ayers? We know he never disavowed Reverend Wright, but that was ok, cause it was Obamao and you can't criticize a black guy, cause that's racist!
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:17 pm

Jethro Bodeen wrote:Give me a break. Did anyone ever ask Omamao to disavow Hugo Chavez or Bill Ayers? We know he never disavowed Reverend Wright, but that was ok, cause it was Obamao and you can't criticize a black guy, cause that's racist!

Right, being endorsed by the KKK just isn't a big deal you guys. Obama is a fuckig dick! Look over here at the thins I'm saying about Obama! God I hate that guy. If HE ever got endorsed by the KKK he DEFINITELY wouldn't denounce them. Ever. Fuck that guy.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:25 pm

Jethro Bodeen wrote:Give me a break. Did anyone ever ask Omamao to disavow Hugo Chavez or Bill Ayers? We know he never disavowed Reverend Wright, but that was ok, cause it was Obamao and you can't criticize a black guy, cause that's racist!

Shut up you Joseph McCarthy great nephew right wing nazi. Wanna go to the big ten tournament?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:27 pm

His Dad was in the KKK, he can't disavow his heritage.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Ass Dan wrote:

Right, being endorsed by the KKK just isn't a big deal you guys. Obama is a fuckig dick! Look over here at the thins I'm saying about Obama! God I hate that guy. If HE ever got endorsed by the KKK he DEFINITELY wouldn't denounce them. Ever. Fuck that guy.

Automatic default is always "but Obama" or "but Hillary." Never a substantive response to anything. Just right to deflection mode.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:28 pm

LooseGoose wrote:His Dad was in the KKK, he can't disavow his heritage.

His dad was Robert Byrd? Any relation to Russell, Moose?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Automatic default is always "but Bush" or "but Cheney." Never a substantive response to anything. Just right to deflection mode.

literally exactly the same "argument" from both sides

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:41 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Automatic default is always "but Bush" or "but Cheney." Never a substantive response to anything. Just right to deflection mode.

Not really
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:52 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:His Dad was in the KKK, he can't disavow his heritage.

His dad was Robert Byrd? Any relation to Russell, Moose?

In 1927, Donald Trump’s father was arrested after a Klan riot in Queens

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 12 Trumpsr1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:53 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Is that really going to faze Trump's core constituency?

Exactly.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:54 pm

You're an angry guy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:54 pm

Ass Dan wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Not really

Is that a joke? I still hear people talk about Bush. If an R becomes president, stuff that is wrong in 4 years will be Obama's fault.

Both sides say exactly the same thing

Bush is president
Right: ok with ____
Left: not ok with ____
Right: oh yeah, well you were ok with it when Clinton did ____

Obama is president
Left: ok with ____
Right: no ok with _____
Left: oh yeah, well you were ok with it when Bush did _____

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:55 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:

Automatic default is always "but Obama" or "but Hillary." Never a substantive response to anything. Just right to deflection mode.

It's a family flaw. JB's family used to hunt communists in the 50's.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:57 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Literally not.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:59 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:

Not really

Is that a joke? I still hear people talk about Bush. If an R becomes president, stuff that is wrong in 4 years will be Obama's fault.

Both sides say exactly the same thing

Bush is president
Right: ok with ____
Left: not ok with ____
Right: oh yeah, well you were ok with it when Clinton did ____

Obama is president
Left: ok with ____
Right: no ok with _____
Left: oh yeah, well you were ok with it when Bush did _____

Unlike Obamao, at least Bush kept us safe. (You know, after 9/11.)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 12 Empty Now Jeff Sessions endorses Trump

Post by Turtleneck Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Interesting.

Sen. Jeff Sessions endorses Donald Trump
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-endorsement/index.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:07 pm

The extremists are making their move to usurp total control. I hate it. This country is better off with a healthy GOP, but the Tea Partiers have succeeded in paralyzing Washington. Next, they'll dismantle government. It's worked beautifully for them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:11 pm

tGreenWay wrote: Next, they'll dismantle government.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 12 Ron-swanson-eliminate
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:13 pm

tGreenWay wrote:The extremists are making their move to usurp total control. I hate it. This country is better off with a healthy GOP, but the Tea Partiers have succeeded in paralyzing Washington. Next, they'll dismantle government. It's worked beautifully for them.

I don't think Trump is their guy. For as much as they desire limited government, the tea party crowd has a strong moral streak grounded in Christianity. They would be better off with Ted Cruz. If most of them are lining up behind Trump, they are backing the wrong horse. Trump will not reduce government. He will grow government. His presidency will blow up in their face in the worst way.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:18 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
tGreenWay wrote: Next, they'll dismantle government.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 12 Ron-swanson-eliminate

I miss that man.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:25 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The extremists are making their move to usurp total control. I hate it. This country is better off with a healthy GOP, but the Tea Partiers have succeeded in paralyzing Washington. Next, they'll dismantle government. It's worked beautifully for them.

I don't think Trump is their guy. For as much as they desire limited government, the tea party crowd has a strong moral streak grounded in Christianity. They would be better off with Ted Cruz. If most of them are lining up behind Trump, they are backing the wrong horse. Trump will not reduce government. He will grow government. His presidency will blow up in their face in the worst way.

You're giving Tea Partiers too much credit. Deep thinking isn't their strong suit. What they do, they've done quite well, but just protesting everything, obstructing everything, saying No to everything, and refusing to compromise on anything isn't exactly critical thinking.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:28 pm

tGreenWay wrote:The extremists are making their move to usurp total control. I hate it. This country is better off with a healthy GOP, but the Tea Partiers have succeeded in paralyzing Washington.  Next, they'll dismantle government. It's worked beautifully for them.  

I could see the normal (read, sane) republicans just not voting or even supporting Hillary and accepting that they have to go back to the drawing board for 2020. The alternative for them is 8 years of trump or 4 of trump then 4 of a democrat president and a 2024 election against an incumbent democrat. Unless they try to go after an incumbent in their own party in 2020 (if trump won in 16) which I can't imagine would be easy or helpful for them long term.

Seems that if you're a republican that really hates trump, and there are a lot, the best option is to bite the bullet for 4 years.

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:32 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You're giving Tea Partiers too much credit. Deep thinking isn't their strong suit. What they do, they've done quite well, but just protesting everything, obstructing everything, saying No to everything, and refusing to compromise on anything isn't exactly critical thinking.

Which is why Cruz is their man.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:34 pm

True, honest debate threads are always more readable on weekends.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:35 pm

kingstonlake wrote:True, honest debate threads are always more readable on weekends.

Yeah.

Just wait until Spartan dawgs 317 gets here.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Tea party means taxes enough already. The Christian loons high jacked it cause shrinking government is worst for both parties
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:36 pm

NigelUno wrote:http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/28/donald-trump-refuses-to-condemn-kkk-and-marco-rubios-backers-pounce/

Trump was then asked specifically asked if he would disavow the KKK.

“You may have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair,” he said. “So give me a list of the groups and I’ll let you know.”

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 12 502811600

Where/when did he actually "refuse"? Was he being waterboarded, under oath? (annoying isn't it).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:38 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I could see the normal (read, sane) republicans just not voting or even supporting Hillary and accepting that they have to go back to the drawing board for 2020. The alternative for them is 8 years of trump or 4 of trump then 4 of a democrat president and a 2024 election against an incumbent democrat. Unless they try to go after an incumbent in their own party in 2020 (if trump won in 16) which I can't imagine would be easy or helpful for them long term.

Seems that if your a republican that really hates trump, and there are a lot, the best option is to bite the bullet for 4 years.

Yeah, I imagine a lot of Rs are spending time trying to figure out their voting strategies. I could see them letting Trump take on Hillary, and regroup for '20. As I've said before, I'm no fan of HC and I could see her being a one-term president.
Seems like the national GOP has been as lax in preparing electable candidates for POTUS as the Michigan Ds have been preparing qualified candidates for governor. Virg? Feiger? Turrible.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:39 pm

kingstonlake wrote:True, honest debate threads are always more readable on weekends.

You shut your dirty whore mouth.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:42 pm

tGreenWay wrote:The extremists are making their move to usurp total control. I hate it. This country is better off with a healthy GOP, but the Tea Partiers have succeeded in paralyzing Washington.  Next, they'll dismantle government. It's worked beautifully for them.  

Seems that if your a republican that really hates trump, and there are a lot, the best option is to bite the bullet for 4 years.

A few ideas about the slow shift to Trump (in the last week he picked up endorsements from two members of the House, Christie and couple of other governors, and now a sitting Senator).

1. They see Trump as more controllable than Cruz. They see Trump as a guy that shares some of their values, will be stedfast in protecting those shared values, but will not be afraid to compromise. Especially within his own party. I really thought Sessions would endorse Cruz. It might just be that they see Cruz as far too rigid and far less willing to compromise even within his own ranks.

2. Second, they are thinking general election. They might have identified Trump as now having the best shot at defeating Clinton. The hate for Clinton is strong. It flows through them, it owns them, the name Clinton keeps them up at night. They would get behind a three legged unicorn if polls suggested it could beat Clinton. Cruz would not be able to beat Clinton. This is weird. All along the guy best equipped to do this was supposedly Rubio.

3. Trump does not have too many endorsement and we are making a big deal out of the ones he does have.

4. People are starting to bandwagon. Nothing more.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:43 pm

The same liberal schticks obsessing over Trump.  Pathetic.  Gunna be a Trumptacular Tuesday!! What a speech!!! Over 30,000 people there, had to move speech to a football field!!! Maximum capacity reached! TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP. Common Core, Gone!!! Ten Feet Higher!! The American Dream is Dead! YUGGGGGEEE!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Tea party means taxes enough already. The Christian loons high jacked it cause shrinking government is worst for both parties

I would argue it has been there from the start. I do not remember it not being there.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Yeah, I'm aware of its origins, specifically Dick Armey forming local "grass roots" organizations (much more like AstroTurf, but that's another discussion). However, they very, very quickly entered the debate over other matters, too, especially marriage equality, but pretty much anything BHO tried to do.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:45 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah, I imagine a lot of Rs are spending time trying to figure out their voting strategies. I could see them letting Trump take on Hillary, and regroup for '20. As I've said before, I'm no fan of HC and I could see her being a one-term president.
Seems like the national GOP has been as lax in preparing electable candidates for POTUS as the Michigan Ds have been preparing qualified candidates for governor. Virg? Feiger? Turrible.

If you look back, they put a pretty electable Romney (hell this year I might have voted for him) in a tough spot against an incumbent who only republicans really hated. He didn't have a great chance. They would have been much better off giving him his shot in 16 while leading some lamb up for slaughter in 12. Some of them, and I've had this conversation with them, have learned and realize that putting aside the hatred for democrats for a year is a better long term idea.

They still have the house and senate. It's not like Hillary would be able to get all that much done. Which isn't really such a bad thing despite what everyone always says this time every 4 years.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:52 pm

Liberals are so fucking stupid. Seriously, how you can be a liberal.  Its mind boggling. Like you just look at nothing of substance and just fucking cry like a little bitch. Its hilarious!! Liberals stupidity knows no bounds!!! TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!!! Fuck off Liberals!!! You hypercritical lonely poor fucks!!! #TrumpTrain #WeHaveNoBreaks #TrumpTacularTuesday

Oh, heres Bill Clinton endorsing a KKK leader.
OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 12 Trump23
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:54 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

A few ideas about the slow shift to Trump (in the last week he picked up endorsements from two members of the House, Christie and couple of other governors, and now a sitting Senator).

1. They see Trump as more controllable than Cruz. They see Trump as a guy that shares some of their values, will be stedfast in protecting those shared values, but will not be afraid to compromise. Especially within his own party. I really thought Sessions would endorse Cruz. It might just be that they see Cruz as far too rigid and far less willing to compromise even within his own ranks.

2. Second, they are thinking general election. They might have identified Trump as now having the best shot at defeating Clinton. The hate for Clinton is strong. It flows through them, it owns them, the name Clinton keeps them up at night. They would get behind a three legged unicorn if polls suggested it could beat Clinton. Cruz would not be able to beat Clinton. This is weird. All along the guy best equipped to do this was supposedly Rubio.

3. Trump does not have too many endorsement and we are making a big deal out of the ones he does have.

4. People are starting to bandwagon. Nothing more.

That's true, they do really really hate Clinton. The democrats would probably be better of with some unintimidating standard middle aged dude politician that doesn't move the needle much. But, they didn't exactly do a good job either.

Goddamn this all sucks bad this year.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:01 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

If you look back, they put a pretty electable Romney (hell this year I might have voted for him) in a tough spot against an incumbent who only republicans really hated. He didn't have a great chance. They would have been much better off giving him his shot in 16 while leading some lamb up for slaughter in 12. Some of them, and I've had this conversation with them, have learned and realize that putting aside the hatred for democrats for a year is a better long term idea.

They still have the house and senate. It's not like Hillary would be able to get all that much done. Which isn't really such a bad thing despite what everyone always says this time every 4 years.

Exactly. Like I said earlier, it might have been maddening at times, and I happen to favor compromise, but the Rs were totally effective in neutralizing BHO. If they hold Congress, very little -- if anything --- will change. However, the one caveat is if the voting public is sick of the complete paralysis. Right now, Congress is hated because they're a do-nothing group. That's a cycle that changes every couple of terms.
It's kind of like the football team that hires a coach because he's a disciplinarian. The next coach they hire is a players' coach, then a disciplinarian, and on and on. Same with Congress: They're do-nothings, then too active, etc., etc,.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next