Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

+38
DoogieHouser
Heat Miser
Code_Warrior
Giant Moose
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
xsanguine
Frank Ricard
Vlad
AMwood
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
Gomer
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
Dr. Strangelove
Jethro Bodeen
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
The_Dude
Cameron
Ass Dan
SpartanInNH
HT
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
Blanch32
Rodeo Burger
steveschneider
InTenSity
DWags
42 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 13 Empty Re: OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

Post by tGreenWay 28/02/16, 07:02 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

A few ideas about the slow shift to Trump (in the last week he picked up endorsements from two members of the House, Christie and couple of other governors, and now a sitting Senator).

1. They see Trump as more controllable than Cruz. They see Trump as a guy that shares some of their values, will be stedfast in protecting those shared values, but will not be afraid to compromise. Especially within his own party. I really thought Sessions would endorse Cruz. It might just be that they see Cruz as far too rigid and far less willing to compromise even within his own ranks.

2. Second, they are thinking general election. They might have identified Trump as now having the best shot at defeating Clinton. The hate for Clinton is strong. It flows through them, it owns them, the name Clinton keeps them up at night. They would get behind a three legged unicorn if polls suggested it could beat Clinton. Cruz would not be able to beat Clinton. This is weird. All along the guy best equipped to do this was supposedly Rubio.

3. Trump does not have too many endorsement and we are making a big deal out of the ones he does have.

4. People are starting to bandwagon. Nothing more.

That's true, they do really really hate Clinton. The democrats would probably be better of with some unintimidating standard middle aged dude politician that doesn't move the needle much. But, they didn't exactly do a good job either.

Goddamn this all sucks bad this year.

+1 and a hug.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 13 Empty Re: OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

Post by CORNER BLITZ 28/02/16, 07:04 pm

Goddamn this all sucks bad this year.

best political post we've had
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 28/02/16, 07:06 pm

Smart move by Trump. He needs the white supremacists and their sympathizers to support him on super Tuesday. He can denounce them on Wednesday, or even after he locks up the nomination. No need to do that today.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 28/02/16, 07:20 pm

Earlier today, Trump retweeted somebody who tweeted out a Mussolini quote. Yes, the fascist dictator from Italy that hated democracy and palled around with Nazi Germany after Hitler assumed power.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 13h13 hours ago
"@ilduce2016: “It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.” – @realDonaldTrump #MakeAmericaGreatAgain"
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 28/02/16, 07:22 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Earlier today, Trump retweeted somebody who tweeted out a Mussolini quote. Yes, the fascist dictator from Italy that hated democracy and palled around with Nazi Germany after Hitler assumed power.

"@ilduce2016: “It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.” – @realDonaldTrump #MakeAmericaGreatAgain"

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 13 502811600 I read about that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 28/02/16, 07:31 pm

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/28/donald-trump-refuses-to-condemn-kkk-and-marco-rubios-backers-pounce/

Trump was then asked specifically asked if he would disavow the KKK.

“You may have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair,” he said. “So give me a list of the groups and I’ll let you know.”

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 13 502811600

Where/when did he actually "refuse"? Was he being waterboarded, under oath? (annoying isn't it).

I have edited my original post (with quotes to reflect that was in fact the title of the article...sorry if that confused you).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 28/02/16, 07:31 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Did Trump root for fascism?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 28/02/16, 07:32 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Where/when did he actually "refuse"? Was he being waterboarded, under oath? (annoying isn't it).

I have edited my original post (with quotes to reflect that was in fact the title of the article...sorry if that confused you).

You didn't answer my question
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 28/02/16, 07:50 pm

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I think you actually asked 4 different questions. Not one.

The article may contain the answers you seek. I didn't write the article...sorry if that is also confusing you.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 28/02/16, 07:53 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I think you actually asked 4 different questions.  Not one.

The article may contain the answers you seek.  I didn't write the article...sorry if that is also confusing you.

OK... good talk you Class M-3 General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 28/02/16, 07:54 pm

Nordic wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Earlier today, Trump retweeted somebody who  tweeted out a Mussolini quote. Yes, the fascist dictator from Italy that hated democracy and palled around with Nazi Germany after Hitler assumed power.

No. Several things about him are inconsistent with fascism. It's a bit much to call him a fascist (we usually equate fascism with nothing more than excessive power). But he sure has the power seeking behavior and hyper-nationalist rhetoric down that leads to people calling him a fascist, and he does not do himself any favors by retweeting Mussolini quotes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 28/02/16, 08:15 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

I live this every day
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 28/02/16, 08:16 pm

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I think you actually asked 4 different questions.  Not one.

The article may contain the answers you seek.  I didn't write the article...sorry if that is also confusing you.

OK... good talk you Class M-3 General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot

The most AWESOME robot EVAH!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 28/02/16, 08:17 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The extremists are making their move to usurp total control. I hate it. This country is better off with a healthy GOP, but the Tea Partiers have succeeded in paralyzing Washington. Next, they'll dismantle government. It's worked beautifully for them.

I don't think Trump is their guy. For as much as they desire limited government, the tea party crowd has a strong moral streak grounded in Christianity. They would be better off with Ted Cruz. If most of them are lining up behind Trump, they are backing the wrong horse. Trump will not reduce government. He will grow government. His presidency will blow up in their face in the worst way.

Yeah, I'm not a political expert, but Trump doesn't fit the Tea Party mold.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 28/02/16, 08:21 pm

tGreenWay wrote:The extremists are making their move to usurp total control. I hate it. This country is better off with a healthy GOP, but the Tea Partiers have succeeded in paralyzing Washington.  Next, they'll dismantle government. It's worked beautifully for them.  

I could see the normal (read, sane) republicans just not voting or even supporting Hillary and accepting that they have to go back to the drawing board for 2020. The alternative for them is 8 years of trump or 4 of trump then 4 of a democrat president and a 2024 election against an incumbent democrat. Unless they try to go after an incumbent in their own party in 2020 (if trump won in 16) which I can't imagine would be easy or helpful for them long term.

Seems that if you're a republican that really hates trump, and there are a lot, the best option is to bite the bullet for 4 years.

Maybe, but I doubt they want Hillary to win. Al Gore missed his chance.

Either way, this should be an eye opener for the Republican party... but probably not.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 28/02/16, 08:41 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I live this every day

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 13 502811600

You'd be Cecil and some dentist would put an arrow in your ass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 28/02/16, 08:45 pm

Nordic wrote:

I could see the normal (read, sane) republicans just not voting or even supporting Hillary and accepting that they have to go back to the drawing board for 2020. The alternative for them is 8 years of trump or 4 of trump then 4 of a democrat president and a 2024 election against an incumbent democrat. Unless they try to go after an incumbent in their own party in 2020 (if trump won in 16) which I can't imagine would be easy or helpful for them long term.

Seems that if you're a republican that really hates trump, and there are a lot, the best option is to bite the bullet for 4 years.

Either way, this should be an eye opener for the Republican party... but probably not.

It should be an eye opener for both parties and the kind of electorate they are helping create.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 28/02/16, 08:48 pm

DWags wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I live this every day

Hahaha.

Blanch, it's not very lion-like to spend your days kissing corporate ass.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 28/02/16, 08:52 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

Hahaha.

Blanch, it's not very lion-like to spend your days kissing corporate ass.

I think he was referring to hunting weak slow fatties
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 28/02/16, 08:53 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Nordic wrote:

It should be an eye opener for both parties and the kind of electorate they are helping create.

If the Dems keep winning, probably not
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 28/02/16, 08:59 pm

Nordic wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It's not even about winning. As long as the traditional wisdom holds up - money and power within the party determine the nominee - they will move along thinking all is fine. However, you can see the D base is fractured not entirely unlike the R base. Both parties have a lot of reflecting to do, but I doubt either actually takes the time to reflect.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 28/02/16, 09:00 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Nordic wrote:

It's not even about winning. As long as the traditional wisdom holds up - money and power within the party determine the nominee - they will move along thinking all is fine. However, you can see the D base is fractured not entirely unlike the R base. Both parties have a lot of reflecting to do, but I doubt either actually takes the time to reflect.

Agree Nigel
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 28/02/16, 09:34 pm

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/26/opinion/the-governing-cancer-of-our-time.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 28/02/16, 09:51 pm

Nordic wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Agree Nigel

Nigel is at Publix right now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 28/02/16, 09:58 pm

The first logical step to a real multi-party system is a fractured election like this. We'll see more than two prominent parties in 2020 and it's going to be wild. Glad I've only got about 20-25 years left frankly.

I still believe we could see a Bloomberg running this summer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 28/02/16, 10:30 pm

DWags wrote:The first logical step to a real multi-party system is a fractured election like this.  We'll see more than two prominent parties in 2020 and it's going to be wild.  Glad I've only got about 20-25 years left frankly.

Sorry, but too many institutional barriers to a multi-party system in this country.

1) Do you really want multi-party competition given the nature of the electoral college? No candidate would get 270 and the House would be picking the president all the time. Before you say "well then just get rid of the electoral college," remember that requires amending the Constitution. Guess what? You are not getting a proposed amendment, and even in you did, 3/4 of the states are not giving up their place in the electoral college.

2) We use a single member district with plurality electoral system to elect members of Congress. While not in the Constitution, these types of electoral systems tend to produce two party systems. They offer zero incentive for minor parties to form. Furthermore, we have been indoctrinated with the benefits of a two party system. When the UK actually offered a national referendum to ditch their SMDP electoral system, the people said no because they simply did not know better after all those years of voting the same way.

The moral of the story, a multi party system cannot really bring itself about in this country because of serious institutional impediments.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 28/02/16, 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 28/02/16, 10:34 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:The first logical step to a real multi-party system is a fractured election like this.  We'll see more than two prominent parties in 2020 and it's going to be wild.  Glad I've only got about 20-25 years left frankly.

Sorry, but too many institutional barriers to a multi-party system in this country.

1) Do you really want multi-party competition given the nature of the electoral college? No candidate would get 270 and the House would be picking the president all the time. Before you say "well then just get rid of the electoral college," remember that requires amending the Constitution. Guess what? You are not getting a proposed amendment, and even in you did, 3/4 of the states are not giving up their place in the electoral college.

2) We use a single member district with plurality electoral system to elect members of Congress. While not in the Constitution, these types of electoral systems tend to produce two party systems. They offer zero incentive for minor parties to form. Furthermore, we have been indoctrinated with the benefits of a two party system. When the UK actually offered a national referendum to ditch their SMDP electoral system, the people said no because they simply did not know better after all those years of voting the same way.

The moral of the story, a minor party system cannot really bring itself about in this country because of serious institutional impediments.

It all starts from grassroots. We'll see congressional splintering before presidential upheaval but we're turning into Italy brother. Too much hate to avoid that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 28/02/16, 10:55 pm

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/28/donald-trump-refuses-to-condemn-kkk-and-marco-rubios-backers-pounce/

Trump was then asked specifically asked if he would disavow the KKK.

“You may have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair,” he said. “So give me a list of the groups and I’ll let you know.”

Where/when did he actually "refuse"?  Was he being waterboarded, under oath?  (annoying isn't it).

He was told, point blank the David Duke, Grand Wizard Emeritus, of the KKK was supporting him and asked if he would condemn them and say he didn't want their support and showed that he was not willing to respond in the affirmative.  i.e., he refused.

Refuse:
"to say or show that you are not willing to do something that someone wants you to do"
OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 13 Captur10
TAPPER: I want to ask you about the Anti-Defamation League, which this week called on you to publicly condemn unequivocally the racism of former KKK grand wizard David Duke, who recently said that voting against you at this point would be treason to your heritage.

Will you unequivocally condemn David Duke and say that you don't want his vote or that of other white supremacists in this election?

TRUMP: Well, just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke. OK? I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don't know.

I don't know, did he endorse me or what's going on, because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 13 RumorCNN told you who Duke was, and what it was he said.  I know, Don, it's tough to actually formulate a coherent response to a question like, Hey, you cool with the KKK, but this about as softball of a question as they get.

TAPPER: But I guess the question from the Anti-Defamation League is, even if you don't know about their endorsement, there are these groups and individuals endorsing you. Would you just say unequivocally you condemn them and you don't want their support?

TRUMP: Well, I have to look at the group. I mean, I don't know what group you're talking about.

You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I would have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them. And, certainly, I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 13 Rumor
CNN told you it was the former Grand Wizard of the KKK.

TAPPER: The Ku Klux Klan?

TRUMP: But you may have groups in there that are totally fine, and it would be very unfair. So, give me a list of the groups, and I will let you know.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 13 RumorIt's the KKK

TAPPER: OK. I mean, I'm just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here, but...

TRUMP: I don't know any -- honestly, I don't know David Duke. I don't believe I have ever met him. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet him. And I just don't know anything about him.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 13 RumorYou do actually, you spoke out against him in 2012.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 28/02/16, 10:58 pm

But did he actually use the word "refuse"? I'll wait.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 28/02/16, 11:07 pm

Nordic wrote:But did he actually use the word "refuse"? I'll wait.

GO BLUE
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 28/02/16, 11:08 pm

NigelUno wrote:

GO BLUE

Where id I have say GO BLUE? I'll wait.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 28/02/16, 11:09 pm

Nordic wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I have it on good authority there are photos out there showing Trump rooting for fascism. The way I understand it, he even bought shirts supporting fascism.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 28/02/16, 11:10 pm

If you do not have institutions capable of facilitating change or supporting the outcomes of change, change is unlikely or will not end well. You might see greater electoral competition - in the form of minor parties - for congressional seats, but the electoral college and presidency is the real road block.

Why did you mention Italy? It is not the only country with conflictual party relations and it is a parliamentary system. You would be better off finding a presidential system that melted down due to poor party relations both within and between parties. There are plenty of examples.

From my view, the vehicle to winning seats is still running as a R or L. This country began as two competing factions - Federalists and Anti-Federalists - and evolved into a two-party system. Even at moments of factionalization and incredible intra and inter-party tensions, when the parties divided, the two-party system eventually reasserted itself. Right now I see what is happening as a battle for control from within the parties; the fight to steer the party in one direction or another.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 28/02/16, 11:10 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I have it on good authority there are photos out there showing Trump rooting for fascism. The way I understand it, he even bought shirts supporting fascism.

Walmart?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 28/02/16, 11:12 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Would you root for fascism if a fascism win meant a B10 championship for MSU?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 28/02/16, 11:14 pm

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

GO BLUE

Where id I have say GO BLUE? I'll wait.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 13 1284110369
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 28/02/16, 11:18 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Greenway not answering. Clearly a yes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/16, 11:29 pm

Democrats love KKK leaders, they endorse them and kiss them! Former slave owners Bill and Hillary are so cozy with the KKK! Wow, they even kiss KKK leaders!! So nice of them to care about the black community! Democrats love blacks! #TRUMPTRAIN! #DemocratsAreFuckedWhenTrumpGoesAfterHillary
OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 13 Hillar10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 28/02/16, 11:31 pm

Given your trouble with the subtle intricacies of the English language and lack of the ability to process the simple definition of refuse I provided you, I'd not hold your breath if I were you.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 28/02/16, 11:39 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Greenway not answering. Clearly a yes.

Sorry, I was wooing my wife, hoping tonight would be the evening of our annual celebration of The Big O. It wasn't.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next