Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

+38
DoogieHouser
Heat Miser
Code_Warrior
Giant Moose
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
xsanguine
Frank Ricard
Vlad
AMwood
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
Gomer
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
Dr. Strangelove
Jethro Bodeen
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
The_Dude
Cameron
Ass Dan
SpartanInNH
HT
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
Blanch32
Rodeo Burger
steveschneider
InTenSity
DWags
42 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 23 Empty Re: OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-03-07, 06:25

xsanguine wrote:

Is that Rachel Maddow on the left?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 23 Empty Re: OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-07, 07:32

The_Dude wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Jesse Drucker ‏@JesseDrucker 1h1 hour ago
My exclusive: New Trump tower financed by wealthy Chinese who pay cash for visas through controversial program: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-03-07/trump-tower-financed-by-rich-chinese-who-invest-cash-for-visas …

Honestly no one gives a fuck about little stuff like this. People just don't get how fed up the average american is on both sides of the aisle.

Little stuff like Trump speaking out of both sides of his mouth?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-07, 07:33

(The) Trump (Campaign) is leasing office space from...himself.  

MAKE AMERICA TRUMP GREAT
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-07, 08:08

The_Dude wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Jesse Drucker ‏@JesseDrucker 1h1 hour ago
My exclusive: New Trump tower financed by wealthy Chinese who pay cash for visas through controversial program: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-03-07/trump-tower-financed-by-rich-chinese-who-invest-cash-for-visas …

Honestly no one gives a fuck about little stuff like this. People just don't get how fed up the average american is on both sides of the aisle.

I'm pretty sure everyone gets it. Problem is, Trump is a demagogue.

Keep doing what you do though. Isn't it about time you jumped bandwagons to the Cruz campaign anyway?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-07, 08:44

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

He doesn't necessarily have to beat Trump in delegates (in the long run). He just has to stop him from getting the required amount.

Thank you for clarifying that, Nigel. Nobody here knew that.

I think he can "trade baskets" with Trump (i.e., get the same amount of delegates as Trump going forward). Sorry, if that's not what you meant.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-07, 09:08

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/07/us/politics/donald-trump.html?action=click&contentCollection=Food&module=MostPopularFB&version=Full&region=Marginalia&src=me&pgtype=article

"Outside groups are moving to deploy more than $10 million in new attack ads across Florida and millions more in Illinois, casting Mr. Trump as a liberal, a huckster and a draft dodger."

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-07, 09:12

Is "draft dodger" still something people care about in 2016? I mean, it's been more than 40 years. I do not care in the slightest.

Obvi not a trump supporter. It just seems weird to me that they're making a big deal of that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-03-07, 09:24

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Is "draft dodger" still something people care about in 2016? I mean, it's been more than 40 years. I do not care in the slightest.

Obvi not a trump supporter. It just seems weird to me that they're making a big deal of that.

Issues of character are timeless.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-07, 09:25

NigelUno wrote:"Outside groups are moving to deploy more than $10 million in new attack ads across Florida and millions more in Illinois, casting Mr. Trump as a liberal, a huckster and a draft dodger."

The networks created him, ads will destroy him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-07, 09:28

duffy munn wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Is "draft dodger" still something people care about in 2016? I mean, it's been more than 40 years. I do not care in the slightest.

Issues of character are timeless.

Yeah, I guess. I dunno. There's that. On the other hand the draft is a pretty fucked institution anyway and so was Vietnam. So, I dunno. Probably resonates with people that were around for those times a little more.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-07, 10:52

Ross Perot seems like a genius...this was in 1992..

Face it folks, Trump is the only politicians capable of bringing back jobs. If you think Hilary, who is bought and paid for 10x over bu big money interests is going to, well I have a bridge in Kansas to sell you.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-07, 10:53

The_Dude wrote:Ross Perot seems like a genius...this was in 1992..

Face it folks, Trump is the only politicians capable of bringing back jobs. If you think Hilary, who is bought and paid for 10x over bu big money interests is going to, well I have a bridge in Kansas to sell you.

Why do you want to bring those jobs back the dude?

Also, how will trump bring them back?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-07, 11:01

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Ross Perot seems like a genius...this was in 1992..

Trump isnt bought and paid for by big corporations...and he's not a coward so he will actually stand up to them.

Hes explained how he'd do it--we need SMART trade not STUPID trade like we currently have. Why do we give other countries sweetheart deals and then let them fuck us?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-07, 11:03

The_Dude wrote:

Trump isnt bought and paid for by big corporations...and he's not a coward so he will actually stand up to them.

Hes explained how he'd do it--we need SMART trade not STUPID trade like we currently have. Why do we give other countries sweetheart deals and then let them fuck us?

You didn't answer the question at all. How does he plan to get businesses like say GM to move jobs back here that they previously outsourced? Further, the dude, is that even a good idea?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-07, 11:03

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Thank you for clarifying that, Nigel. Nobody here knew that.

I think he can "trade baskets" with Trump (i.e., get the same amount of delegates as Trump going forward).  Sorry, if that's not what you meant.  

Cruz can do certainly do that, and I think it is very likely outcome. But does that give Cruz a significant advantage over Trump? If they both receive the same amount of delegates moving forward, Trump would still lead Cruz by less than 100 delegates heading into the convention.

If you imagine a scenario where they both win 38% of the remaining delegates - Trump currently around 43% of the allotted delegates and Cruz around 33% - they would both get approximately 602 more delegates. Then say Rubio and Kasich stay in for the long-haul and finish with 20% and 4% of the remaining delegates. That would leave Trump with somewhere close to 1000 delegates and Cruz with closer to 900 delegates. At that point, neither are in a good position. Has Trump been stopped from an outright majority? Yes. Does that leave Cruz in a better position than Trump? Possibly since he will have climbed while Trump declined, but overall I do not think he is in a better spot.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-07, 11:09

The_Dude wrote:

You didn't answer the question at all. How does he plan to get businesses like say GM to move jobs back here that they previously outsourced? Further, the dude, is that even a good idea?

By taxing their goods they produce in Mexico, which we don't do now because they give big $$$ to the polis to not do that.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-07, 11:13

The_Dude wrote:

By taxing their goods they produce in Mexico, which we don't do now because they give big $$$ to the polis to not do that.

Hm. And you think that would be in our best interests? I mean, I assume so since you are saying it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-07, 11:15

The_Dude wrote:

Oh.  Did Trump give big money to pols to not do that when he was manufacturing goods in Mexico, China, and Holland?

And how will that impact the consumer?

And how will it impact profit margins for US Companies which have shareholders?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-07, 11:23

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Oh.  Did Trump give big money to pols to not do that when he was manufacturing goods in Mexico, China, and Holland?

It wont because the tariffs make it so its not cheaper to outsource millions of jobs.

Think Nigel, think.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-07, 11:24

The_Dude wrote:

Hm. And you think that would be in our best interests? I mean, I assume so since you are saying it.

If you want to restore jobs and the middle class here? If we want America to actually manufacture and produce goods?

Then yes.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-07, 11:26

The_Dude wrote:

If you want to restore jobs and the middle class here?  If we want America to actually manufacture and produce goods?

Then yes.
I want what is best for America the dude. Is restoring manufacturing to the levels that it was by laying tariffs that would be in the billions of dollars to offset the savings outsourcing the idea that's best for America?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-07, 11:31

1) How will Trump navigate WTO rules? He has made several remarks that suggest the U.S. would be in violation of WTO trade policy. Are we going to simply withdraw from the WTO?

2) As I have asked before, what will happen to wages? They must go up if jobs are brought back to the U.S. Prices will rise but people have to be able to afford what they are paid to produce. With current wages that would not be the case.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-07, 11:33

Turtleneck wrote:1) How will Trump navigate WTO rules? He has made several remarks that suggest the U.S. would be in violation of WTO trade policy. Are we going to simply withdraw from the WTO?

2) As I have asked before, what will happen to wages? They must go up if jobs are brought back to the U.S. Prices will rise but people have to be able to afford what they are paid to produce. With current wages that would not be the case.

I'm trying to walk him to number 2 turtleneck. Step by step as opposed to just throwing out ideas that are a little above some peoples pay grades.

Thanks for ruining my life.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-07, 11:36

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It wont because the tariffs make it so its not cheaper to outsource millions of jobs.

Think Nigel, think.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 23 502811600

It's cheaper NOW. Why else do companies go there? Are you saying profit margins won't go down? How will imposing a 35% tax on goods from Mexico impact the consumer? Are you going to tax all the produce from Mexico also?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-07, 11:39

Turtleneck wrote:1) How will Trump navigate WTO rules? He has made several remarks that suggest the U.S. would be in violation of WTO trade policy. Are we going to simply withdraw from the WTO?

I'm trying to walk him to number 2 turtleneck. Step by step as opposed to just throwing out ideas that are a little above some peoples pay grades.

Sorry. I have ruined the board and now your life. I should quit this board forever. Any maybe life, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-07, 11:45

Stupid libs, eight years of ruining America comments incoming.

Like I've stated before, America is just fine. Yes, there is some shit that needs to be worked on, but we'll always have that. We don't need to get back to "Winning", whatever that means anyway. We don't need someone to make America "Great" again. These are just catch phrases meant to rile up the dullards who think a president alone can make wholesale changes in government. We'll get what we always do, someone who will be able to push through a few policy changes after great effort and a lot of compromise.

Now who gets nominated for the current vacant and future Supreme Court seats, that's a different story.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-07, 11:46

Turtleneck wrote:

Sorry. I have ruined the board and now your life. I should quit this board forever. Any maybe life, too.

Please don't do either of those things turtleneck.

And since we already laid it all out there... How much are we supposing that our phone and cable bills will go up under this plan? 50%? 75%?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-07, 11:49

Turtleneck wrote:

And since we already laid it all out there... How much are we supposing that our phone and cable bills will go up under this plan? 50%? 75%?

#MakeAmericaPoorAgain #BringBackTheDepression
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-07, 11:49

Turtleneck wrote:

Ha. You'd see some real outrage then.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-07, 12:21

NigelUno wrote:

Yeah, of course, it wouldn't stop there. Basically every single good you can think of would become more expensive over night. Cars, clothes, food, Internet, electronics. "Oh, you want to buy that suddenly way more expensive car? Yeah, we don't do low interest auto loan rates anymore. Lol. Can't afford it. Have fun paying 7%."

Seems to me that anyone begging for their manufacturing job back would be better served by retraining their talents to fit a modern workforce. Your job went overseas? Seems like a bunch of jobs in supply chain probably just opened up. Perhaps we could do something to require companies to help in that retraining process rather than leaving people high and dry. That'd be a much smarter place to start.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-03-07, 12:27

NigelUno wrote:

Yeah, of course, it wouldn't stop there. Basically every single good you can think of would become more expensive over night. Cars, clothes, food, Internet, electronics. "Oh, you want to buy that suddenly way more expensive car? Yeah, we don't do low interest auto loan rates anymore. Lol. Can't afford it. Have fun paying 7%."

Seems to me that anyone begging for their manufacturing job back would be better served by retraining their talents to fit a modern workforce. Your job went overseas? Seems like a bunch of jobs in supply chain probably just opened up. Perhaps we could do something to require companies to help in that retraining process rather than leaving people high and dry. That'd be a much smarter place to start.

Careful, you're starting to sound like a democratic socialist.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-08, 08:50

The ceiling is real. More candidates exit and the Donald's polling tally remains the same or drops.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 23 CdBpiOgUIAMECPg
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-03-08, 08:56

LooseGoose wrote:The ceiling is real.   More candidates exit and the Donald's polling tally remains the same or drops.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 23 CdBpiOgUIAMECPg
Best graph that I've seen yet.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-08, 09:04

Still undecided. Kasich is growing on me, but I really don't like Hillary. A Bernie vote might have to happen instead. Sway my opinion Swillers!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-08, 10:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Still undecided. Kasich is growing on me, but I really don't like Hillary. A Bernie vote might have to happen instead. Sway my opinion Swillers!

Can't help you - leaning Cruz but not opposed to Kasich. All 3 of my kids (in their 20's) and their spouses are voting Cruz which kinda shocks me. We usually avoid politics but they all told me that at different times this week.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-08, 10:11

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Still undecided. Kasich is growing on me, but I really don't like Hillary. A Bernie vote might have to happen instead. Sway my opinion Swillers!

Seriously though, a 50 percent tax on income over 75,000. He can suck my nuts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-03-08, 10:13

I still can't believe that Cruz is the best you have. Don't vote for him because you think he can beat trump. Chances are there's going to be a contested nomination anyway, so Kasich, who is actually a thoughtful, somewhat normal, pragmatic man still has a chance.

Cruz is a douchebag and cannot win.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-08, 10:14

Rocinante wrote:I still can't believe that Cruz is the best you have.  Don't vote for him because you think he can beat trump.  Chances are there's going to be a contested nomination anyway, so Kasich, who is actually a thoughtful, somewhat normal, pragmatic man still has a chance.

Cruz is a douchebag and cannot win.

Nope, Cruz has come out against contested convention too.  Trump/Cruz coalition if that happens.  Cruz sucks Trumps dick for a living.  Him hating Trump is laughable, he dreams about him.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-08, 10:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:The ceiling is real.   More candidates exit and the Donald's polling tally remains the same or drops.

Best graph that I've seen yet.

But, StraponDawg101 said Trump would pick up all the Carson supporters.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-03-08, 10:22

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:

Seriously though, a 50 percent tax on income over 75,000. He can suck my nuts.

Where do you even get that number??

Here's an analysis of his tax plan. It's not a 100% glowing review, but it actually fucking works. And there's no tax bracket higher than 46.5% and that is for the top 0.1% which equals about 100 people nationwide. Stop being a lying pussy.

http://taxpolicycenter.org/UploadedPDF/2000639-an-analysis-of-senator-bernie-sanderss-tax-proposals.pdf
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next