Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We will now kick Virginia's ass again.

+13
Turtleneck
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
Giant Moose
Herbie Green
NigelUno
Death Roe
kingstonlake
Blanch32
tGreenWay
StylesGShmooth
Floyd Robertson
DWags
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We will now kick Virginia's  ass again.   - Page 2 Empty Re: We will now kick Virginia's ass again.

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-13, 21:50

Herbie Green wrote:Excellent detective work there Nigel.

We lost to Nebraska.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

We will now kick Virginia's  ass again.   - Page 2 Empty Re: We will now kick Virginia's ass again.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-03-13, 21:58

I'm not compaining about the draw but if this is the justification for seeding purposes, it's some bullshit.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/03/ncaa_tourney_chairman_explains.html?utm_medium=twitter

Essentially we got passed over because we had Rutgers on our schedule twice and that fucked our RPI and SOS. How stupid. And somehow we got hosed for an OOC schedule that included Kansas, Providence, Louisville and Florida. OK. How many schools are there out there that would volunteer to play those 3 schools in OOC play every year?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-03-13, 22:17

I haven't followed all the commentary but it seems ridiculous. I think MSU is closer to the #1 overall seed in the entire tournament than a #2 seed.
If the BTT game was played on Saturday would there be any doubt?
But like Nigel said if MSU and Virginia's seeds were swapped it would be the same difference. We fneed to beat evèyone that stands in our way regardless
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-13, 22:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not compaining about the draw but if this is the justification for seeding purposes, it's some bullshit.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/03/ncaa_tourney_chairman_explains.html?utm_medium=twitter

Essentially we got passed over because we had Rutgers on our schedule twice and that fucked our RPI and SOS. How stupid. And somehow we got hosed for an OOC schedule that included Kansas, Providence, Louisville and Florida. OK. How many schools are there out there that would volunteer to play those 3 schools in OOC play every year?

We were going to be a 2 regardless if we won or lost. The committee was lazy. They didn't want to come up with alternative brackets (1 if we won, 2 if we lost).

Calipari just made this point. UK is a 4. A&M is a 3. Why? UK beat A&M today. He said the committee did the bracket before they played (and that they shouldn't play the final on Sundays any more).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-03-13, 22:21

Herbie Green wrote:I haven't followed all the commentary but it seems ridiculous. I think MSU is closer to the #1 overall seed in the entire tournament than a #2 seed.
But like Nigel said if MSU and Virginia's seeds were swapped it would be the same difference. We fneed to beat evèyone that stands in our way regardless

We got snubbed from the 1, but I wouldn't swap sides with UVA (Purdue and Iowa St) and we play in St. Louis/Chicago.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-13, 22:22

Herbie Green wrote:I haven't followed all the commentary but it seems ridiculous. I think MSU is closer to the #1 overall seed in the entire tournament than a #2 seed.
Calipari said he argued with the conference commissioner about Sunday conference tourney games not mattering. I agree with him. If the committee isn't going to take the Sunday games seriously, then why bother? Hell, let's just eliminate the conference tourney and play everybody twice instead.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-03-13, 22:22

NigelUno wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not compaining about the draw but if this is the justification for seeding purposes, it's some bullshit.

We were going to be a 2 regardless if we won or lost. The committee was lazy. They didn't want to come up with alternative brackets (1 if we won, 2 if we lost).

Calipari just made this point. UK is a 4. A&M is a 3. Why? UK beat A&M today. He said the committee did the bracket before they played (and that they shouldn't play the final on Sundays any more).

All the more reason to move the BIG champ game to Saturday. There is no committed benefit from Sunday. There is no rest benefit from Sunday. But there is TV viewer $$$$ benefit for Sunday... so obv Delany will never switch to Saturday.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-03-13, 22:23

Giant Moose wrote:
Calipari said he argued with the conference commissioner about Sunday conference tourney games not mattering. I agree with him. If the committee isn't going to take the Sunday games seriously, then why bother? Hell, let's just eliminate the conference tourney and play everybody twice instead.

Today was proof that the committee was at the hotel bar drinking while the BIG Champ game was on. Bracket was filled in last night.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-03-13, 22:36

Well at least we get a trophy out of it which I think is more important than a seed. But I agree you might as well do that on Saturday. Now you have less rest and a worse seed but I guess that is less important than the $.
Is it next year the BTT is going to be a full week before?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-13, 22:38

Herbie Green wrote:Well at least we get a trophy out of it which I think is more important than a seed. But I agree you might as well do that on Saturday. Now you have less rest and a worse seed but I guess that is less important than the $.
Is it next year the BTT is going to be a full week before?
No, not until New York. Next year it is in DC.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-03-13, 22:48

Nordic wrote:

We got snubbed from the 1, but I wouldn't swap sides with UVA (Purdue and Iowa St) and we play in St. Louis/Chicago.

100% agree. Corey Schlesinger.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-13, 23:10

I can't wrap my head around how we are the #2 ranked team in the country but can't make it as a #1 seed.

RPI is such bullshit and outside of the Iowa games all of our losses were by one point.

I agree with you for the most part, but just the stupidity of it all has me worked up. MSU should be a 1 seed.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-13, 23:13

Nordic wrote:

I wouldn't want to play Purdue.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-13, 23:16

We have a great draw. Don't care about the #2 seed. However driving home after the game listening to sports radio for four and a half hours, how'd you like to be Monmouth? Pretty much a concensus they got anally raped. Should at the very least be them vs Michigan playin instead of Tulsa.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-03-14, 00:10

steveschneider wrote:

I can't wrap my head around how we are the #2 ranked team in the country but can't make it as a #1 seed.

RPI is such bullshit and outside of the Iowa games all of our losses were by one point.

I agree with you for the most part, but just the stupidity of it all has me worked up. MSU should be a 1 seed.

RPI, saberfuckmix, kenpom....whatever... All teams prepare to get #skullfucked
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-14, 08:51

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

RPI, saberfuckmix, kenpom....whatever... All teams prepare to get #skullfucked

Skullfuck the nation!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2