Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How would a zombie invasion play out in the US? These scientists modeled it.

+4
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
NigelUno
8 posters

Go down

How would a zombie invasion play out in the US? These scientists modeled it. Empty How would a zombie invasion play out in the US? These scientists modeled it.

Post by NigelUno Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 12:29

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/3/8140945/zombie-apocalypse-science

Simulator:

http://mattbierbaum.github.io/zombies-usa/
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How would a zombie invasion play out in the US? These scientists modeled it. Empty Re: How would a zombie invasion play out in the US? These scientists modeled it.

Post by Giant Moose Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 12:32

Couldn't we just motion to have the zombies banned?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How would a zombie invasion play out in the US? These scientists modeled it. Empty Re: How would a zombie invasion play out in the US? These scientists modeled it.

Post by Turtleneck Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 12:57

If the outbreak starts in NYC, it will take a little over 8 days to reach me (with the default settings). Obviously NY gun control laws will not help slow down the infection. Citizens will be unable to defend themselves.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 12:58

Should also note the mountainous regions are safe zones. I will probably head to the Adirondacks. I guess you guys can go to Mount Pleasant or something.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 13:10; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 13:03

Just under 15 days to hit Michigan's southern border (with the outbreak starting in NYC). I think poster Roc is in the best position to survive.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 13:05

Turtleneck wrote:Just under 15 days to hit Michigan's southern border (with the outbreak starting in NYC). I think poster Roc is in the best position to survive.
Nah, the Midwest is the place to be in a zombie invasion. NYC zombies know that the Midwest is just flyover country. They'll avoid it and hop on planes to the West Coast after the East Coast is defeated.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 13:49

Turtleneck wrote:Should also note the mountainous regions are safe zones. I will probably head to the Adirondacks. I guess you guys can go to Mount Pleasant or something.

I'll be safe in the short term on top of Mt. Brighton. Then, I'll make a Belein for a large body of water. Them zombies can't swim.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 14:34

This doesn't account for people who would get bitten and get in a car and try to drive somewhere, or even on a plane.

It underestimates infection rate.

And yes, I'd be safe.

Fuck you guys.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 14:37

I'd shoot myself in the face. Immediately. I've seen the movies and the tv shows. That shit ain't worth it. Great you survived. Super. Yay. Fuck that noise.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 14:43

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'd shoot myself in the face. Immediately. I've seen the movies and the tv shows. That shit ain't worth it. Great you survived. Super. Yay. Fuck that noise.

This is the weakness that is now moderating this board?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 14:44

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'd shoot myself in the face. Immediately. I've seen the movies and the tv shows. That shit ain't worth it. Great you survived. Super. Yay. Fuck that noise.

How can I mod with no internet? Think for a minute turtleneck. Life would be pointless without something to mod.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 14:49

Turtleneck wrote:

He is a weak minded boy.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 14:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

He is a weak minded boy.

You're all idiots.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 15:04

The government's defense plan should be to divert the zombies to Chrysler arena in an effort to starve them out.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 15:07

While you're busy pussying out, I'll be getting busy with Lauren Cohan. We're going to the sex and everything.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 15:10

tGreenWay wrote:

While you're busy pussying out, I'll be getting busy with Lauren Cohan. We're going to the sex and everything.

I hope that you are the first zombie so you don't even get the chance. When that happens I'll be all like "heh. Eat shit greenway."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 25 Mar 2016 - 15:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I hope that you are the first zombie so you don't even get the chance. When that happens I'll be all like "heh. Eat shit greenway."

And then I'll take a bite out of you and I'll have eaten shit, just like you told me to. Get it? Because you're shit.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down