Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not reading the stupid ass "board rules" thread at the top, but I do have a question...

+15
Frank Ricard
SeeRockCity
DWags
SBSpartan
That's Good D!
dubie7006
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
tTito
LoneWolfSparty
tGreenWay
tanfan!
WhiteBoyHatcher
Gomer
tTy
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I'm not reading the stupid ass "board rules" thread at the top, but I do have a question... - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm not reading the stupid ass "board rules" thread at the top, but I do have a question...

Post by SBSpartan 2014-05-15, 23:17

SeeRockCity wrote:
Just ask whoever to send me a pm.  no problem

Cool. Bob got a pm.

I am sure it will come back all good. I came on around the time of the pergola arbor thread. It was short but killed me.
SBSpartan
SBSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I'm not reading the stupid ass "board rules" thread at the top, but I do have a question... - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm not reading the stupid ass "board rules" thread at the top, but I do have a question...

Post by DWags 2014-05-15, 23:18

SeeRockCity wrote:
You can monitor the twatter and get all the news that way.  there are twitter clients that will let you monitor the twattersphere for whatever topics.  So periodically checking for tweeted about MSU, Spartan Football, Mark Dantonio, etc. Will spoonfeed you news all day long without going anywhere else.  I did this for a while and posted articles but never many takers on sports-related issues.  Concerned me a little TBH.

O.K. I'll come clean. I don't know how to do the twitter. I have an account and like 4 followers and I've tweeted and such, but I need an tutorial on it. What SRC just described sounds cool as hell as I have my phone constantly in my hand.

Again, as you said, if those stories are posted on this board right now, I think they'll be largely ignored. I really believe as we get closer to September, we'll have more posters on here talking sports. I know for a fact that some guys on here are wicked smart in basketball knowledge and shit. right now though, at the time the board was started, its' just off season stuff.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SBSpartan 2014-05-15, 23:18

Griffs sandwich controversy was a favorite as well.
SBSpartan
SBSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-05-15, 23:19

DWags wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:

Oh, I don't know.  Why don't we link the news that we just offered some kid who is graduating in 2020 who's going to be at least a 4* stud?  The move to 247 moved tRCMB from being an eclectic board about MSU to a full blown, run of the mill recuiting forum took the life blood right out of it.  

This message board should be like being at a tailgate.  The conversation should be 90% bullshit with some sports thrown in.

I think it will be.  I do know there are some pretty good basketball and football minds over here.  I think your 90/10 example will probably get to 70/30 during the season.  

Not much to talk about, but, for example, we really step back and gather up  on back side blocking on any of our jet sweeps or counter treys off of jet sweep action.  I'm always chuckled at how often our back side tackle got away with holding the defensive end.   This seems like no big deal, but adding an 8th official will hurt teams like MSU who use power O's and then after getting defensives to suck up, we hit them with jet sweeps or jet sweep fakes.  I'd like to talk about it here, but how many people really would be interested right now?  
Wont this help us though too?  We seem to rotate a lot of guys on the dLine. Which I always accounted for a lot of no call holding by the opposing tired OLine, especially late in games.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-05-15, 23:22

You dickheads are hijacking my awesome thread.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-05-15, 23:23

DWags wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:
You can monitor the twatter and get all the news that way.  there are twitter clients that will let you monitor the twattersphere for whatever topics.  So periodically checking for tweeted about MSU, Spartan Football, Mark Dantonio, etc. Will spoonfeed you news all day long without going anywhere else.  I did this for a while and posted articles but never many takers on sports-related issues.  Concerned me a little TBH.

O.K. I'll come clean.  I don't know how to do the twitter.  I have an account and like 4 followers and I've tweeted and such, but I need an tutorial on it.  What SRC just described sounds cool as hell as I have my phone constantly in my hand.  

Again, as you said, if those stories are posted on this board right now, I think they'll be largely ignored.  I really believe as we get closer to September, we'll have more posters on here talking sports. I know for a fact that some guys on here are wicked smart in basketball knowledge and shit.  right now though, at the time the board was started, its' just off season stuff.  
Google Sobees
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-15, 23:23

tTy wrote:You dickheads are hijacking my awesome thread.

That's how we roll.  I'm not reading the stupid ass "board rules" thread at the top, but I do have a question... - Page 2 3493939353 

Last edited by InTenSity on 2014-05-15, 23:26; edited 1 time in total
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Alpamayo 2014-05-15, 23:25

Double post

Last edited by Johnny Alpamayo on 2014-05-15, 23:37; edited 1 time in total
Johnny Alpamayo
Johnny Alpamayo
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-05-15, 23:25

DWags wrote:

I think it will be.  I do know there are some pretty good basketball and football minds over here.  I think your 90/10 example will probably get to 70/30 during the season.  

Not much to talk about, but, for example, we really step back and gather up  on back side blocking on any of our jet sweeps or counter treys off of jet sweep action.  I'm always chuckled at how often our back side tackle got away with holding the defensive end.   This seems like no big deal, but adding an 8th official will hurt teams like MSU who use power O's and then after getting defensives to suck up, we hit them with jet sweeps or jet sweep fakes.  I'd like to talk about it here, but how many people really would be interested right now?  

Having more officials to throw more flags will only piss off more of the common fans like me. I can't speak of all the intricacies of the blocking schemes and how it will effect us, but more flags will hurt the game. I played football up thru high school many, many, many years ago and the only thing I remember is our number one play when all else failed was - "I right, 141 on the 1st hit. Ready, BREAK. We went 9-1 and finished 5th in the state.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-15, 23:26

Clearly, he's not speaking to me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-05-15, 23:30

I'm not reading the stupid ass "board rules" thread at the top, but I do have a question... - Page 2 2809484752 
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Alpamayo 2014-05-15, 23:35

Frank Ricard wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what this board will do in this OT season when we get an actual commitment. I don't give a rat's ass for news about who's getting an offer or might be attending some camp. But when someone actually does commit to MSU, I want to know something about the kid. But before that, I don't give a damn and don't want to discuss it. But that's just me.

This this this.

The focus on young teenage boys was too much, and is frankly creepy to me. I care when someone commits to the extent of what they bring to the table, but I otherwise don't care about 16 year old boys.
Johnny Alpamayo
Johnny Alpamayo
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-05-15, 23:41

Johnny Alpamayo wrote:

This this this.

The focus on young teenage boys was too much, and is frankly creepy to me. I care when someone commits to the extent of what they bring to the table, but I otherwise don't care about 16 year old boys.

I was wondering what the fu ck you were trying to say in your first attempt. Just remember - any idiot can get it right the second time. You heard it here first I'm not reading the stupid ass "board rules" thread at the top, but I do have a question... - Page 2 55953254 
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS 2014-05-15, 23:49

DWags wrote:Personalities are better on this board.  As of now, news is still better on the RCMB.  I'm going to assume that stays that way.  

Things like Hollis and alcohol, teams APR's, players that might transfer then choose other schools.  Adding an 8th official to college football. (It's going to effect us severely at MSU on our bCk side blocking schemes but I don't think anyone on here cares).  Things like that.  

As this progresses I think that board will become more and more sterile while this one remains personality driven.  It's going to be like cnn vs tmz.  

So to give tTy's question a serious answer, if you choose to post there three months from now I'm thinking the sterile news driven people won't find hilarity in your posts so you won't be scolded here because these personalities don't give a **** if you do or don't.  And witty posts over there will be either ignored or not understood.

I completely agree...also the group think over there is just way too thick. It's like idiocracy..
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS 2014-05-15, 23:53

SBSpartan wrote:Griffs sandwich controversy was a favorite as well.

Then that one guy came on saying that HE created that sandwich. WTF...that guy was a total doosh!
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-05-15, 23:57

WCS wrote:

Then that one guy came on saying that HE created that sandwich. WTF...that guy was a total doosh!

No, the guy that was a doosh was the guy who posted a picture of himself trying pass himself off as Ladainian Tomlinson.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2