Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo to the Lakers

+20
Herbie Green
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Clarett's Folly
InTenSity
DWags
I.B. Fine
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
NigelUno
steveschneider
Blanch32
tanfan!
Robert J Sakimano
Dr. Strangelove
WhiteBoyHatcher
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Izzo to the Lakers Empty Izzo to the Lakers

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:48 am

You heard it here first.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Izzo to the Lakers Empty Re: Izzo to the Lakers

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:50 am

Fine with me but think they'll go with Walton
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:55 am

does this mean I get to run down to the basement and resurrect my "Don't Leave Me" yard sign like an insecure, emotionally abused middle-school girl??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:09 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:does this mean I get to run down to the basement and resurrect my "Don't Leave Me" yard sign like an insecure, emotionally abused middle-school girl??

Bwaaaa haaaaa. Fuck the fanboys
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:10 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:does this mean I get to run down to the basement and resurrect my "Don't Leave Me" yard sign like an insecure, emotionally abused middle-school girl??

That was a key incident in my flameout as a RCMB mod. Mel was a ringleader of that effort and even planted those fucking signs from Izzo's house to the office.

I was a bit more critical and thought it extremely creepy.

If somebody leaves you thank them for all they've done, shake their hand and wish them luck.

Kind of like dating you don't put the pussy on a pedestal.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:30 am

Fuck. Fuck
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:36 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

That was a key incident in my flameout as a RCMB mod. Mel was a ringleader of that effort and even planted those fucking signs from Izzo's house to the office.

I was a bit more critical and thought it extremely creepy.

If somebody leaves you thank them for all they've done, shake their hand and wish them luck.

Kind of like dating you don't put the pussy on a pedestal.
glad we're on the same page about that.

It was just a bizarre thing to do. Seemed like battered wife syndrome.. "don't leeeave.. please.. you're all I have, I'll change"....Rolling Eyes

JFC - if the person in question decides that it's best for him and his family to leave, thank him, wish him luck and move on. It's f**king basketball.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:38 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Fine with me but think they'll go with Walton

This.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:40 am

Also is it just me or does anyone else think Izzo in the NBA would be a disaster?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:46 am

Grand Valley?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:49 am

steveschneider wrote:Also is it just me or does anyone else think Izzo in the NBA would be a disaster?

If he ever does bolt, he would get a job with a bad team.

The losing would kill him.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:50 am

steveschneider wrote:Also is it just me or does anyone else think Izzo in the NBA would be a disaster?
not too many success stories from college coaches to the professional level. Brad Stevens, to my surprise, has shown a moderate level of success but he's the only one in recent memory that stands out.

I understand the temptation - serious cash, you don't have to babysit, it's not a year 'round job in the way the college game is, no recruiting kids from the time they're a zygote until they're 17 years old only to have a rouge coach with a suitcase full of cash to show up and swoop him away.

Managing the egos would be the real nightmare.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:58 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
not too many success stories from college coaches to the professional level. Brad Stevens, to my surprise, has shown a moderate level of success but he's the only one in recent memory that stands out.

I understand the temptation - serious cash, you don't have to babysit, it's not a year 'round job in the way the college game is, no recruiting kids from the time they're a zygote until they're 17 years old only to have a rouge coach with a suitcase full of cash to show up and swoop him away.

Spot on Bob.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:02 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

John Kundla, Greg Popovich, KC Jones & Chuck Daly hear you talking over their 14 NBA titles....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:03 am

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:not too many success stories from college coaches to the professional level. Brad Stevens, to my surprise, has shown a moderate level of success but he's the only one in recent memory that stands out.

Spot on Bob.
thanks.. oh, and Vote here to ban bob sak
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:07 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:not too many success stories from college coaches to the professional level. Brad Stevens, to my surprise, has shown a moderate level of success but he's the only one in recent memory that stands out.

I understand the temptation - serious cash, you don't have to babysit, it's not a year 'round job in the way the college game is,  no recruiting kids from the time they're a zygote until they're 17 years old only to have a rouge coach with a suitcase full of cash to show up and swoop him away.

John Kundla, Greg Popovich, KC Jones & Chuck Daly hear you talking over their 14 NBA titles....
well, two of those four guys are dead, one being born in 1916.. the young, spry whipper-snapper of your esteemed group is 67 years old.. the other one that has managed not to die yet is 83 years old.

anyone wanna nail a couple of peach baskets up to the side of the barn and have a rousing game of basketball on a dirt driveway.. maybe we could enjoy a big glass of Ovaltine afterwards.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:09 am

players aspiring to play for John Kundla..

Izzo to the Lakers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3QIrS2AwUKkkksZuD9bBg3tEv6ZtOVi-LsnzIedmXTHwgJKm-yw
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:10 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

well, two of those four guys are dead, one being born in 1916.. the young, spry whipper-snapper of your esteemed group is 67 years old.. the other one that has managed not to die yet is 83 years old.

anyone wanna nail a couple of peach baskets up to the side of the barn and have a rousing game of basketball on a dirt driveway.. maybe we could enjoy a big glass of Ovaltine afterwards.

OK - I wasn't aware that history didn't count. I wish even one of them was still relevant and acclaimed as the best coach in the league.....oh - wait.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:12 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:players aspiring to play for John Kundla..

Izzo to the Lakers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3QIrS2AwUKkkksZuD9bBg3tEv6ZtOVi-LsnzIedmXTHwgJKm-yw

Teams that wish they had John Kundla's 5 NBA Titles:

EVERY team except the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls & Spurs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:13 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

OK - I wasn't aware that history didn't count. I wish even one of them was still relevant and acclaimed as the best coach in the league.....oh - wait.....
Hey Goose.. here's a picture from last year's NBA developmental league championship final..

Izzo to the Lakers 60176-050-018d3eca

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:15 am

Coach Kundla: "Hey, Lebron.. where are you going? We're right in the middle of running give-and-go drills"..

Lebron James: "I'll be right back, coach.. I gotta run to the "coloreds only" drinking fountain to fill up my water bottle"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:17 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

OK - I wasn't aware that history didn't count.    I wish even one of them was still relevant and acclaimed as the best coach in the league.....oh - wait.....
Goose, I get that it's Bob and you just had to fight with him, but there are a metric ton of examples of college coaches not working out. Just because 4 college coaches did work out doesn't mean that the odds aren't overwhelmingly against a college coach working out, because they are. It's not an indictment on them, it's just a rejection of the assumption that coaching = coaching. It doesn't. The two jobs are way way different.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:21 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Lon Kruger (Illinois to Atlanta Hawks): 69-122 from 2000-03, no playoffs
Rick Pitino (Kentucky to Boston Celtics) 102-146 from 1997-2001, no playoffs
John Calipari (UMass to New Jersey Nets): 72-112 from 1996-99, 0-3 in playoffs
Tim Floyd (Iowa State to Chicago Bulls): 49-190 from 1998-2002, no playoffs
Mike Montgomery (Stanford to Golden State Warriors): 68-96 from 2004-06, no playoffs
P.J. Carlesimo (Seton Hall to Portland Trail Blazers): 136-109 from 1994-97, 3-9 in playoffs
Reggie Theus (New Mexico State to Sacramento Kings): 44-62 from 2007-09, no playoffs
Leonard Hamilton (Miami Hurricanes to Washington Wizards): 19-63 in 2000-01, no playoffs
Brad Stevens (Butler Bulldogs to Boston Celtics): 113-133 from 2013-present, 2-6 in playoffs
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:39 am

duffy munn wrote:

If he ever does bolt, he would get a job with a bad team.

I think the Lakers would qualify as a very bad team.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:54 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Damn bob. Whoa!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:56 am

No wonder he didn't give a shit about Jackson not coming or Davis leaving.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:58 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Mike Montgomery (Stanford to Golden State Warriors): 68-96 from 2004-06, no playoffs
P.J. Carlesimo (Seton Hall to Portland Trail Blazers): 136-109 from 1994-97, 3-9 in playoffs
Reggie Theus (New Mexico State to Sacramento Kings): 44-62 from 2007-09, no playoffs
Leonard Hamilton (Miami Hurricanes to Washington Wizards): 19-63 in 2000-01, no playoffs
Brad Stevens (Butler Bulldogs to Boston Celtics): 113-133 from 2013-present, 2-6 in playoffs

Billy D is another meh.

With that said, I never did buy Izzo's "Spartan for life" comment. Dude is still young enough with energy. Honestly, I wish he'd give usa bball a shot first since that's the best of the best, and neither K or boehmem have made that jump despite their success
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:58 am

DWags wrote:No wonder he didn't give a shit about Jackson not coming or Davis leaving.

Or the middle Tennessee game.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:04 am

So every college coach has been named as the next HC for the Lakers?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:08 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You heard it here first.

Real question; if that actually happened, and you're Hollis, who is your first phone call to replace Izzo?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:11 am

NigelUno wrote:Grand Valley?

LSSU hockey.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:11 am

InTenSity wrote:So every college coach has been named as the next HC for the Lakers?

Did

Izzo to the Lakers Bee_1569213c
Izzo to the Lakers Line-02

get named?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:23 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Golly that's quite the list.....I wonder how long the list would be of failed NBA head coaches that started as NBA assistants?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:28 am

Why would you want to coach in the NBA?

Signed,

Izzo to the Lakers 5359ba376c54fafd5b655b9f8385dc59_crop_north

and

Izzo to the Lakers Hi-res-258de87b6bfeab1883945f604d367bf1_crop_north
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:29 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Goose, I get that it's Bob and you just had to fight with him, but there are a metric ton of examples of college coaches not working out. Just because 4 college coaches did work out doesn't mean that the odds aren't overwhelmingly against a college coach working out, because they are. It's not an indictment on them, it's just a rejection of the assumption that coaching = coaching. It doesn't. The two jobs are way way different.

Take it any way you want. The list of failed NBA Assistant/Player coaches failing as head coaches is as long or longer. Coaches fail all the time and most times it has very little to do with where they came from and much more to do with the players they have.

Give me Larry Bird, Keven McHale, Robert Parrish, Danny Ainge & Dennis Johnson and give Bob Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Ac Green, Cooper, Scott and we'll both make the finals. Give us the '86 Clippers roster and we'll still finish last.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:30 am

See what you started WBH?

P.S. Izzo's not going to the Lakers.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:32 am

NigelUno wrote:See what you started WBH?

Uh, people have been tweeting pics of him in Sault Ste. Marie all morning.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:34 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Goose, I get that it's Bob and you just had to fight with him, but there are a metric ton of examples of college coaches not working out. Just because 4 college coaches did work out doesn't mean that the odds aren't overwhelmingly against a college coach working out, because they are. It's not an indictment on them, it's just a rejection of the assumption that coaching = coaching. It doesn't. The two jobs are way way different.

Take it any way you want. The list of failed NBA Assistant/Player coaches failing as head coaches is as long or longer. Coaches fail all the time and most times it has very little to do with where they came from and much more to do with the players they have.

Give me Larry Bird, Keven McHale, Robert Parrish, Danny Ainge & Dennis Johnson and give Bob Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Ac Green, Cooper, Scott and we'll both make the finals. Give us the '86 Clippers roster and we'll still finish last.

You know what is definitely longer than the 4 college coaches that did well? The number of NBA assistants that did well. We can both play that game.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:38 am

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:See what you started WBH?

Uh, people have been tweeting pics of him in Sault Ste. Marie all morning.

Scouting freighters for when we play a game on one.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:38 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You know what is definitely longer than the 4 college coaches that did well? The number of NBA assistants that did well. We can both play that game.
don't forget John Kundla.. a basketball innovator who Lebron James, Steph Curry and Jahlil Okafor all cite as an influential mentor in their development..

Izzo to the Lakers 20110510181234-e8fb4c73

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next