Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo to the Lakers

+20
Herbie Green
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Clarett's Folly
InTenSity
DWags
I.B. Fine
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
NigelUno
steveschneider
Blanch32
tanfan!
Robert J Sakimano
Dr. Strangelove
WhiteBoyHatcher
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Izzo to the Lakers - Page 4 Empty Re: Izzo to the Lakers

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-27, 11:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Don't leave me yard signs are so 2010. I want to see 'We Love You Izzo' mowed into 70 acres of corn and photographed from above with drone technology.
maybe I could arrange for a drone to drop a picture of my daughter (sorry For bin) onto the front lawn of the Berkowitz Center - her name is "Thomasina Izzo Sakimano" - and the picture includes our dog, Timbo, wearing a green Spartan bandanna around his neck.. kissing the floor of our basement designed as an identical replica of the Breslin Center floor. This would illustrate, I hope, our commitment to MSU in hopes that Tom would reciprocate with his commitment to Spartan athletics.

think that would make him stay?

That's pretty good!

I think a couple of breathy voice mails from a public pay phone begging him not to leave will do the trick.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-27, 11:50

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
maybe I could arrange for a drone to drop a picture of my daughter (sorry For bin) onto the front lawn of the Berkowitz Center - her name is "Thomasina Izzo Sakimano" - and the picture includes our dog, Timbo, wearing a green Spartan bandanna around his neck.. kissing the floor of our basement designed as an identical replica of the Breslin Center floor. This would illustrate, I hope, our commitment to MSU in hopes that Tom would reciprocate with his commitment to Spartan athletics.

think that would make him stay?

That's pretty good!

I think a couple of breathy voice mails from a public pay phone begging him not to leave will do the trick.
I think until I get some definitive word, I'll stay curled up under a tapestry of "Don't Leave Me Tom" yard signs from the last time he considered taking another girl to the 8th grade sock hop.

I think I'll put on some oversized, frumpy sweats, light some candles, put on my favorite Taylor Swift record and eat a tub of ice cream.. waiting.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-27, 11:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

That's pretty good!

I think until I get some definitive word, I'll stay curled up under a tapestry of "Don't Leave Me Tom" yard signs from the last time he considered taking another girl to the 8th grade sock hop.

I think I'll put on some oversized, frumpy sweats, light some candles, put on my favorite Taylor Swift record and eat a tub of ice cream.. waiting.

For my analysis sessions I'm going to put my mommy issues on hold while I work through a few of my college sports problems.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-27, 11:59

I also think I need a stronger dose of meds to deal with the Tigers depressing batting lineup. Note to self, add that to the list.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-27, 12:51

I'm about 98% sure he won't ever leave MSU. That said, if I was him, I'd take the gig if offered. Why not? I thnk the hours are less, the pay will be way more, you don't have an 18 year old kids mom making a decision that will affect you positively or negatively because she's either half crazy or hasn't like MSU since birth. It's got to be insane. We feel bummed out because some kid who has never been at MSU, who has never come to MSU, and will never score a bucket for us chooses another school. However it doesn't affect us. It directly affects his life. At least in the NBA he gets to pick out the food and cook it. It's his decision. I think for the last 5 years of life as a coach, that would be a great gig. Besides, no way are the lakers worse next year than they are this year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-27, 12:54

DWags wrote:I'm about 98% sure he won't ever leave MSU. That said, if I was him, I'd take the gig if offered. Why not? I thnk the hours are less, the pay will be way more, you don't have an 18 year old kids mom making a decision that will affect you positively or negatively because she's either half crazy or hasn't like MSU since birth. It's got to be insane. We feel bummed out because some kid who has never been at MSU, who has never come to MSU, and will never score a bucket for us chooses another school. However it doesn't affect us. It directly affects his life. At least in the NBA he gets to pick out the food and cook it. It's his decision. I think for the last 5 years of life as a coach, that would be a great gig. Besides, no way are the lakers worse next year than they are this year.
speak for yourself.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-27, 12:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:I'm about 98% sure he won't ever leave MSU. That said, if I was him, I'd take the gig if offered. Why not? I thnk the hours are less, the pay will be way more, you don't have an 18 year old kids mom making a decision that will affect you positively or negatively because she's either half crazy or hasn't like MSU since birth. It's got to be insane. We feel bummed out because some kid who has never been at MSU, who has never come to MSU, and will never score a bucket for us chooses another school. However it doesn't affect us. It directly affects his life. At least in the NBA he gets to pick out the food and cook it. It's his decision. I think for the last 5 years of life as a coach, that would be a great gig. Besides, no way are the lakers worse next year than they are this year.
speak for yourself.

That's the queens we Bob.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-27, 13:01

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:speak for yourself.

I'll just have you know that such scenarios keep me up at night.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-27, 13:02

He could double their win total from last year and still lose 48 games.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-27, 13:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'll just have you know that such scenarios keep me up at night.

Really? You should jump around in other threads and say that too. Honestly, I wonder if anybody on this board knows that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-04-27, 13:03

NBA is much more travel during the season, though. And I'd be curious on how the hours compare.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-27, 13:04

NigelUno wrote:

He could double their win total from last year and still lose 48 games.

Two things: 1. the next Lakers coach has it made. 2. Following Izzo at MSU would suck.

I'd definitely want to be the man that followed the man that followed Izzo.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-04-27, 13:05

Dwags are you back on wagon? Seem more irritable lately, no offense.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-27, 13:07

Triple Sparty wrote:Dwags are you back on wagon? Seem more irritable lately, no offense.

Why? I just think I'd take that job if I was Izzo. Don't think it would be a bad thing for him. I'm looking at it from what I'd like at that age. Life gets harder as you get in your 50's and beyond, you just can't do what you could do in your 40's.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-27, 13:30

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-27, 13:38

DWags wrote:
Triple Sparty wrote:Dwags are you back on wagon? Seem more irritable lately, no offense.

Why? I just think I'd take that job if I was Izzo. Don't think it would be a bad thing for him. I'm looking at it from what I'd like at that age. Life gets harder as you get in your 50's and beyond, you just can't do what you could do in your 40's.

I think he would have taken the Cleveland job if Lebron stayed. I don't think he would handle losing 40+ games very well.

That being said, I don't think he's a top candidate anyway.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-27, 13:40

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'll just have you know that such scenarios keep me up at night.

Really? You should jump around in other threads and say that too. Honestly, I wonder if anybody on this board knows that?
I will in a few minutes.

as the new sideline reporter, I'm kinda busy with some paperwork.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-27, 13:56

DWags wrote:

I agree.

It's been something he's always wanted, and he's gotta be into the last 3-4 years of his career wouldn't you think?

If offered I think he takes it. Would I hate to see him go? Yes, but not a bad ending to his run as an MSU coach.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-27, 13:58

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

I agree.

It's been something he's always wanted, and he's gotta be into the last 3-4 years of his career wouldn't you think?

If offered I think he takes it. Would I hate to see him go? Yes, but not a bad ending to his run as an MSU coach.
as much as I'd hate to see him flirt with the NBA, the yard sign industry in East Lansing would probably really enjoy the spike in sells.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-01, 12:23

Izzo to the Lakers - Page 4 Nyk
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-05-01, 12:26

Oh please let it be true Turtleneck.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-01, 12:32

Izzo wants to coach Carmelo.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-05-01, 12:35

Turtleneck wrote:Izzo wants to coach Carmelo.

That sounds hideous.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-01, 12:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Izzo wants to coach Carmelo.

That sounds hideous.

According to this article, it is a done deal.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/29560/20140425/ny-knicks-rumors-steve-kerr-billy-donovan-tom-izzo-jeff-van-gundy-head-coach-options-for-phil-jackson-to-hire.htm
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-05-01, 12:53

Turtleneck wrote:

That sounds hideous.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/29560/20140425/ny-knicks-rumors-steve-kerr-billy-donovan-tom-izzo-jeff-van-gundy-head-coach-options-for-phil-jackson-to-hire.htm

#MakeSpartanHoopsGreatAgain
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-01, 12:59

Turtleneck wrote:

#MakeSpartanHoopsGreatAgain

At this point, you should start a thread asking who should replace Izzo.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-05-01, 13:25

Does Izzo know the triangle?

Seriously, do you think is a coincidence that Izzo's name is out there?

Izzo wants his name out there just like when he told Gus Johnson off the record that he "didn't feel appreciated" and whamo he was flirting with the Cavs.

No question that he built msu into a great program but the fact is he never validated the 2000 championship.

If he wants to go let him go and turn the reins over to Fife.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-15, 18:20

Former College coach Dwane Casey wins his 2nd game 7 of this playoff season.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-15, 18:25

LooseGoose wrote:Former College coach Dwane Casey wins his 2nd game 7 of this playoff season.

Never a head coach. Don't bump threads purely for the purpose of being disingenuous goose. Give all the details up front.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-15, 18:49

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Former College coach Dwane Casey wins his 2nd game 7 of this playoff season.

Never a head coach. Don't bump threads purely for the purpose of being disingenuous goose. Give all the details up front.

Go back to Put IN Bay.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-15, 19:39

LooseGoose wrote:

Go back to Put IN Bay.
I really really really don't want to do that right now.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-05-15, 19:46

Hi Travis. I didn't post much this weekend because I missed hanging out with you.

Isn't Turtleneck dumb?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-05-15, 19:47

Oh, Put In Bay sucks regardless of the time of year.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-15, 20:00

Death Roe wrote:Oh, Put In Bay sucks regardless of the time of year.

It really isn't that great. But, whatever. There was drinking and lots of it. Probably too much.

Turtleneck is weird and creepy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-15, 20:06

Death Roe wrote:Oh, Put In Bay sucks regardless of the time of year.

It really isn't that great. But, whatever. There was drinking and lots of it. Probably too much.

Turtleneck is weird and creepy

Travis, please punch yourself in the face until you pass out. Thank you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-15, 20:07

I feel like I already did turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-15, 20:12

Then do it again. Your level of commitment is pathetic.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-15, 20:13

You're a mean person
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-15, 20:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You're a mean person

Nice people finish last, Travis. That is pretty much established fact.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4