Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo to the Lakers

+20
Herbie Green
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Clarett's Folly
InTenSity
DWags
I.B. Fine
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
NigelUno
steveschneider
Blanch32
tanfan!
Robert J Sakimano
Dr. Strangelove
WhiteBoyHatcher
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 Empty Re: Izzo to the Lakers

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:40 am

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Uh, people have been tweeting pics of him in Sault Ste. Marie all morning.

Scouting freighters for when we play a game on one.

Hollis did mention something about an underwater November game at the site of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:41 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Take it any way you want. The list of failed NBA Assistant/Player coaches failing as head coaches is as long or longer. Coaches fail all the time and most times it has very little to do with where they came from and much more to do with the players they have.

Give me Larry Bird, Keven McHale, Robert Parrish, Danny Ainge & Dennis Johnson and give Bob Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Ac Green, Cooper, Scott and we'll both make the finals. Give us the '86 Clippers roster and we'll still finish last.

You know what is definitely longer than the 4 college coaches that did well? The number of NBA assistants that did well. We can both play that game.

Going by NBA titles only Auerbach & Jackson did better. Riley did as well. But perhaps we're not counting Auerbach? Peach baskets and all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:43 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:don't forget John Kundla.. a basketball innovator who Lebron James, Steph Curry and Jahlil Okafor all cite as an influential mentor in their development..

So I'll know how to argue would you kindly let me know when your NBA history begins? 1980? 1990? 2000?

Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 Movinggoalpost
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:45 am

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Hollis did mention something about an underwater November game at the site of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

I still want a game on top of one of the Brooklyn Bridge towers, despite the area being too small for a court. I'm willing to risk a few players lives for the photo op.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:45 am

LooseGoose wrote:

You know what is definitely longer than the 4 college coaches that did well? The number of NBA assistants that did well. We can both play that game.

Going by NBA titles only Auerbach & Jackson did better. Riley did as well. But perhaps we're not counting Auerbach? Peach baskets and all.

I'm not talking about number of championships by coach, I'm talking coaches with championships. You have 4. I have, what, 40?

Regardless, you were just arguing with Bob for the sake of arguing with Bob and you don't actually believe what you're saying. So I'm done now.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:47 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Going by NBA titles only Auerbach & Jackson did better.   Riley did as well.   But perhaps we're not counting Auerbach?  Peach baskets and all.

I'm not talking about number of championships by coach, I'm talking coaches with championships. You have 4. I have, what, 40?

Regardless, you were just arguing with Bob for the sake of arguing with Bob and you don't actually believe what you're saying. So I'm done now.
at least he's arguing he merits of John Kundla and the profound impact he had on the modern game instead of having his little cupcake-feelings hurt and moving to have me banned.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:47 am

LooseGoose wrote:

40? LOL.....31 coaches have won an NBA title. I didn't check the resumes of each but I'm sure that more than 4 started out coaching in college. Bet me and I'll invest the time to check each one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:49 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

at least he's arguing he merits of John Kundla and the profound impact he had on the modern game instead of having his little cupcake-feelings hurt and moving to have me banned.

Continue to mock Kundla, after all he was only voted one of the top 10 coaches in NBA history. I'm sure you have accomplishments in your life to top that.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:49 am

LooseGoose wrote:

40? LOL.....31 coaches have won an NBA title. I didn't check the resumes of each but I'm sure that more than 4 started out coaching in college. Bet me and I'll invest the time to check each one.

I just guessed buddy. Thanks for pointing out that I was off by 10 or so. I don't care enough to even google. Your internet fight is with Bob though. Please keep this argument up with him. I'll carry on elsewhere.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:55 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Continue to mock Kundla, after all he was only voted one of the top 10 coaches in NBA history. I'm sure you have accomplishments in your life to top that.

Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 Nba-lockout-2011-old-school

(L-R: Steph Curry, Lebron James, James Harden, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Demarcus Cousins. Seated, Head Coach John Kundla)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:56 am

What's the source of this rumor?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:58 am

LooseGoose wrote:

I just guessed buddy. Thanks for pointing out that I was off by 10 or so. I don't care enough to even google. Your internet fight is with Bob though. Please keep this argument up with him. I'll carry on elsewhere.

Popovich, Kundla, Jones, Daly, Add - Larry Brown, Bill Fitch, Buddy Jeannette, Dick Motta, Jack Ramsey & Paul Westhead. So that's at least 10 NBA title winning coaches with 20+ titles among them that I can quickly confirm started coaching in college.

And the internet fight thing is bullshit - it's your opinion I'm not allowed to respond or argue with any post of Bob's? Please let me know who else I'm barred from arguing with?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:01 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

(L-R: Steph Curry, Lebron James, James Harden, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Demarcus Cousins. Seated, Head Coach John Kundla)

Still waiting for when you define NBA history as starting?

Of course you're also ignoring that he won his NBA titles with George Mikan which reinforces my players not coaches argument.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:02 am

steveschneider wrote:What's the source of this rumor?

WBH made it up and it's started a good thread. I'm hoping that my responding to you is acceptable to Travis, he seems to want to monitor who I respond to. That seems to outweigh his normal belief in free speech and all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:05 am

LooseGoose wrote:

WBH made it up and it's started a good thread. I'm hoping that my responding to you is acceptable to Travis, he seems to want to monitor who I respond to. That seems to outweigh his normal belief in free speech and all.
you could move to have him banned..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:10 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

you could move to have him banned..

I could. But you wouldn't want your poor pitiful self persona watered down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:13 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Ignore Travis. His mod badge went straight to his head.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:14 am

LooseGoose wrote:

You are such a massive douche bag.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:17 am

LooseGoose wrote:

1. Goose is old
2. Goose is lonely
3. Goose is angry
4. Goose is envious that I have been named the sideline reporter after my performance at the spring game Saturday
5. Pray for Goose

Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 200
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:19 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 Michael-jordan-crying-meme-1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:43 am

This thread. No one change. Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:45 am

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:See what you started WBH?

P.S. Izzo's not going to the Lakers.

Uh, people have been tweeting pics of him in Sault Ste. Marie all morning.

Because nigel didn't read it on the internet, it must not be true.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:49 am

Blanch32 wrote:...nigel...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:08 pm

I hope he does go. The game has passed him by.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:09 pm

...grand valley...
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:13 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This thread. No one change. Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 502811600
let's nail a couple of peach baskets to a barn and shoot some hoops.. maybe share a big glass of Metamucil while discussing John Kundla.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:19 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This thread. No one change. Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 502811600
let's nail a couple of peach baskets to a barn and shoot some hoops.. maybe share a big glass of Metamucil while discussing John Kundla.

Grandfather of a great Spartan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

And a little history for peach baskets....

George Mikan: The First Icon
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:46 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:let's nail a couple of peach baskets to a barn and shoot some hoops.. maybe share a big glass of Metamucil while discussing John Kundla.

wow. Ya know, I think you're right. The game has changed very little since the 1940's.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:07 pm

OK WBH is wired into the Lakers.

Byron Scott out after Lakers-worst 17-65 season

time stamped at 11:17am.

The Lakers are compiling a long of coaching candidates they'd like to consider in their search. Among the candidates the Lakers will look at are Luke Walton, Kevin Ollie, Jay Wright, Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, John Calipari, Ettore Messina, Jeff Van Gundy and David Blatt, sources told Shelburne. According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, Jeff Hornacek is also expected to be on the Lakers' list.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:09 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

wow. Ya know, I think you're right. The game has changed very little since the 1940's.

Most of his career in the NBA was in the 50's but 10 years isn't important to a peach basket. You did notice how the glass backboards in that clip resembled them more than today's equipment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I thought that game was made for Whitefish Bay.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:35 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:wow. Ya know, I think you're right. The game has changed very little since the 1940's.

Most of his career in the NBA was in the 50's but 10 years isn't important to a peach basket.   You did notice how the glass backboards in that clip resembled them more than today's equipment.
I did. I was very impressed by the athleticism and explosiveness those players demonstrated.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:52 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:does this mean I get to run down to the basement and resurrect my "Don't Leave Me" yard sign like an insecure, emotionally abused middle-school girl??

That was a key incident in my flameout as a RCMB mod. Mel was a ringleader of that effort and even planted those fucking signs from Izzo's house to the office.

I was a bit more critical and thought it extremely creepy.

If somebody leaves you thank them for all they've done, shake their hand and wish them luck.

Kind of like dating you don't put the pussy on a pedestal.

That really happened? Holy shit.  Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:55 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

That was a key incident in my flameout as a RCMB mod. Mel was a ringleader of that effort and even planted those fucking signs from Izzo's house to the office.

I was a bit more critical and thought it extremely creepy.

If somebody leaves you thank them for all they've done, shake their hand and wish them luck.

Kind of like dating you don't put the pussy on a pedestal.

Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 502811600

it did - I remember all of what Strangelove was referring to. That is/was one bizarre place with some very strange people running it. They clearly got tired of me mocking them because of their weirdness..  Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:58 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

it did - I remember all of what Strangelove was referring to. That is/was one bizarre place with some very strange people running it. They clearly got tired of me mocking them because of their weirdness..  Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 502811600

Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 57188819

Did the signs look like this?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:00 pm

We <3 izzo
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:13 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 57188819

Did the signs look like this?
they looked like this:

Izzo to the Lakers - Page 2 IMG_0200

that came from some website called "The Enlightened Spartan" - which seems to be a very optimistic claim..

the text on the website says:

Check out the website and support the cause, anything we can do to keep our beloved coach from making a decision that speaks to his and our hearts - Izzo BELONGS at Michigan State.
that doesn't even make sense..

Suspect
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:59 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

It's okay, buddy. I'm here. Daddy's got ya.

Want to take a late lunch with Doogie and myself?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:49 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Goddamn right Holy shit.

They even made signs from his house to his kid's schools.

Good thing Tom and Lupe didn't have a pet rabbit.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next