Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

+27
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
MSU addict
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
tTy
goodbar
I.B. Fine
Tim Wakefield
kingstonlake
Rocinante
MattyFresh
AnomanderRake
Robert J Sakimano
Wally Fairway
TheReal_LWS
Nordic
GRR Spartan
FatFingers
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
xsanguine
Turtleneck
31 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 9 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-12, 14:06

Already back up to near where I was. This stuff is fun!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 9 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-12, 14:30

TheReal_LWS wrote:Small correction happening with ETH and LTC. I'm down several hundred from an hour ago. LOL
I sold a little during that time, hoping to hit the correction. Bah. But overall now everything that's in there is house money.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-12, 15:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

lol, not at all. I'm happy for all of you. I'm simply on the bubble train now, I think it's gonna burst.

Once you draw your $$ out and want something to play at next year I'll walk you through making 4X-10X your money every year. Nearly zero downside and all secured by real estate. That's my preferred speculation area. It does take some work so that's unlike just watching the cryptos rocket up.

Holy crap. Are you the richest person on the planet? Can you be my sugar daddy?

Nah, I don't reinvest the profits I piss them away on kids, grandkids and general fun. Sorry to disappoint.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-12, 15:15

InTenSity wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:Small correction happening with ETH and LTC. I'm down several hundred from an hour ago. LOL
I sold a little during that time, hoping to hit the correction. Bah. But overall now everything that's in there is house money.

Why investing with “house money” can make you broke

I groan when I hear so-called investing pundits discuss how to think about the profits from winning trades, or “house money” to borrow a gambling term.

Some behavioral finance experts have studied how investors tend to take greater risks and make mistakes with house money.

That’s one reason I get annoyed when “experts” recommend that when a stock enjoys strong gains, the investor should take the originally invested money off the table — but let the house money (profits) ride.

That way, you can’t lose, right? Wrong!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 19:12

LooseGoose wrote:At this point:
Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 9 Field-of-tulips1

Wrong.

Watch and learn.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 19:16

Litecoin is just getting started. Train is leaving the station though. I told you it was going to go apeshit. It's put in the A and maybe the P, but the ESHIT part is yet to come. It's going to be over 1000 soon, and could press 2 or 3 or more by end of next year. No doubter.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-12, 19:33

tTy wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:At this point:
Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 9 Field-of-tulips1

Wrong.

Watch and learn.

LOL, Hell I hope it goes on forever for you. I've watched all along this and silver though that hasn't been a big topic lately, eh?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-12, 19:36

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 9 276803595
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 19:40

LooseGoose wrote:
tTy wrote:

Wrong.

Watch and learn.

LOL, Hell I hope it goes on forever for you. I've watched all along this and silver though that hasn't been a big topic lately, eh?

These things are doing what gold and silver SHOULD be doing. The thing with the precious metals, though, is that they are naked shorted with paper into oblivion. Also, Cryptos may be making precious metals obsolete, at least in the short term (while the internet continues to exist). If Cryptos can break the fiat banking system, precious metals will do exactly what cryptos are doing, but probably in a much more violent (short term) fashion and maybe even to a greater extent in terms of gains.

Silver and gold are the only true money. People think they are dog shit though. One day they will learn. It may not be in my lifetime, but I think it probably will be.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 19:44

Also, Goose, I'm not trying to be an asshole, so I apologize if I came off that way. I am just a billion times convinced that this is STILL in it's infancy..... Crypto market cap is half a trillion dollars. That sounds like a lot, right? Money supply market cap is something like 200 trillion or more (probably WAY more), and so when something ACTUALLY starts going REALLY wrong and people begin fleeing conventional assets, investments and "normal" stores of value, guess where they are going to flock?

BTC right now, Alt-coins second..... What you are seeing is an awakening. Our monetary system is going down hard, and that money is going to find a way to protect itself at all cost. Cryptos are the answer right now. Once the CME and the CBOE break, precious metals will fucking explode. #Understatement.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 19:49

RE: silver, I just bought $50 face value of silver dimes (ten rolls of dimes) for $600 bucks. I'm that convinced that silver will someday be > 250 per ounce, probably more (should be over 500 easy).
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-12, 19:50

What happens first a zombie apocalypse or ty getting rich when his scenario happens
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-12, 19:52

tTy wrote:RE: silver, I just bought $50 face value of silver dimes (ten rolls of dimes) for $600 bucks. I'm that convinced that silver will someday be > 250 per ounce, probably more (should be over 500 easy).

I occasionally buy some silver coins from that auction I watch in Bay City. I've got them here mostly to give the grandkids at birthdays/christmas etc. Got each of them a nice walking liberty for Christmas. I like that there's very little downside risk and maybe some upside though I'm not as optimistic there as you.

Auction ends evry Tuesday - here's a link to tonight's coins. Coins
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-12, 19:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What happens first a zombie apocalypse or ty getting rich when his scenario happens

If the cryptos keep rocketing it'll be Ty getting rich.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 20:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What happens first a zombie apocalypse or ty getting rich when his scenario happens

LooseGoose wrote:
tTy wrote:RE: silver, I just bought $50 face value of silver dimes (ten rolls of dimes) for $600 bucks. I'm that convinced that silver will someday be > 250 per ounce, probably more (should be over 500 easy).

I occasionally buy some silver coins from that auction I watch in Bay City. I've got them here mostly to give the grandkids at birthdays/christmas etc. Got each of them a nice walking liberty for Christmas. I like that there's very little downside risk and maybe some upside though I'm not as optimistic there as you.

Auction ends evry Tuesday - here's a link to tonight's coins. Coins

I LOVE the Walking Liberty coins. They are incredible.

Also, there is pretty much ZERO downside risk in buying "junk" silver. You can't even hardly mine it for what they pay for spot. It gets gobbled up via industry at a rate almost exceeding global mining production, and that shit will NEVER be recovered. At some point, Silver will = Gold in terms of "Value" simply due to the fact that silver gets depleted via industry while gold gets shoved into vaults and saved. Some day it will cost people 1000 bucks to recover one ounce of silver from a community dump, and people will do it.

Thanks for the link!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-12, 20:07

LooseGoose wrote:

If the cryptos keep rocketing it'll be Ty getting rich.

Love the guys passion for it. Only reason I come into this thread.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 20:08

OTPT, I implore you to buy some litecoin. Even if it is just one, it may buy you a car some day (like in less than 5 years). I will help you.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-12, 20:20

tTy wrote:

OTPT, I implore you to buy some litecoin. Even if it is just one, it may buy you a car some day (like in less than 5 years). I will help you.

Where do i buy one? From that wallet site?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 20:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tTy wrote:

Where do i buy one? From that wallet site?

There are many exchanges. I've only ever used Coinbase.com and it has worked well. I've also taken ALL of my cryptos offline, so there is zero chance of a hack at that point. I can help you with all of that. Don't be afraid to ask a stupid question, these things are fucking strange and MOST people don't have any clue about them. That is why I know we are still in the infancy. That, and the fact that eventually you will be programming your refrigerator to pay it's own electricity bill in ethereum all by itself, or some shit like that....

This shit is internet revolutionary to the 10th power.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 20:30

I am currently exchanging DM's with former MSU punter Craig "The Leg" Jarrett walking him through his first crypto investment. I had actually talked to him way back in the middle of the summer for same, but he didn't do it, now he is "right after punting against Marshall" pissed off at himself.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-12, 20:35

Are you telling him to buy Litecoin? I have a Coinbase account.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-12, 20:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are you telling him to buy Litecoin? I have a Coinbase account.

These motherfuckers want a ton of information from you, eh??
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 20:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are you telling him to buy Litecoin? I have a Coinbase account.

Yes. With authoriTY.

Litecoin is an easy double from here in the next 12 months (if not WAY more). I honestly think it should be at least 1700 right now on a 10:1 BTC ratio if not more.

It very well MAY correct from this run-up, but don't be a pussy. It will be well north of where it is now by July.

If I had any fiat currency to my name, right now, I would buy Litecoin right fucking now.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 20:41

Yes they do, BUT, once you purchase the coin, you can move it onto, literally, a piece of paper. You can take it offilne and go 100% anon.....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-12, 20:45

tTy wrote:

Yes they do, BUT, once you purchase the coin, you can move it onto, literally, a piece of paper. You can take it offilne and go 100% anon......

That’s mind blowing considering it’s called digital currency. Huh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 20:48

tTy wrote:

Yes they do, BUT, once you purchase the coin, you can move it onto, literally, a piece of paper. You can take it offilne and go 100% anon......

It is very tough to grasp, but I get it now. Don't fucking throw all you can afford at it rn.... put a hundred bucks or two into it. Dip your toes.... Learn paper wallets. Learn offline harware wallets. Google Ledger Nano S, and KeepKey..... google Trezor. Google Bix Weir, watch his youtubes. Google Clif_High..... These guys are wackadoodles, but they know cryptos and what they are going to do in terms of price/value.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-12-12, 21:11

tTy wrote:

It is very tough to grasp, but I get it now. Don't fucking throw all you can afford at it rn.... put a hundred bucks or two into it. Dip your toes.... Learn paper wallets. Learn offline harware wallets. Google Ledger Nano S, and KeepKey..... google Trezor. Google Bix Weir, watch his youtubes. Google Clif_High..... These guys are wackadoodles, but they know cryptos and what they are going to do in terms of price/value.

Can confirm. I have 1 Litecoin that I bought for $99 on November 29. Shit crashed to 70 or so that next week .. look at it now. Blindly followed Ty on it and i'm up $200 or so. Idk what's going on but I see my Coinbase balance going up so I guess i'm rich? Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 9 2599972566
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 21:12

FatFingers wrote:I was thinking of putting our families entire nest egg in silver.
Is this a good idea ?
Appreciate your feedback. You have a good rack record the last year
TIA

Where is this smart guy these days???? Asking for a fren....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 21:20

Bix
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-12, 22:11

tTy wrote:I am currently exchanging DM's with former MSU punter Craig "The Leg" Jarrett walking him through his first crypto investment. I had actually talked to him way back in the middle of the summer for same, but he didn't do it, now he is "right after punting against Marshall" pissed off at himself.

Tell that dude I still dream of his hit on that punt returner back in the day. Best personal foul we've ever received!!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-12, 22:15

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tTy wrote:I am currently exchanging DM's with former MSU punter Craig "The Leg" Jarrett walking him through his first crypto investment. I had actually talked to him way back in the middle of the summer for same, but he didn't do it, now he is "right after punting against Marshall" pissed off at himself.

Tell that dude I still dream of his hit on that punt returner back in the day. Best personal foul we've ever received!!

Wait, that's this fucking guy?! LOL!!! I remember watching this clip growing up. That's rich.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-12, 22:18

Most of what I invested is in LTC. A little in Bitcoin. I didn't buy any ETH and am kicking myself a bit. I should have bought it when it fell back to ~$150.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-12-12, 22:37

Yes, that Craig Jarrett. I also have Tyler Oconnors personal phone number (no lie). If i Hated him, I'd post it, but that dude is cool as fuck, so no.

LWS, don't sweat not owning ETH. If I could do it all over again, I'd buy BTC and LTC and zero ETH, but it's all still evolving. At at the point that I don't want to move anything because under any circumstances it'll be a huge tax event and, fuck that noise.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-12, 22:48

tTy wrote:Yes, that Craig Jarrett. I also have Tyler Oconnors personal phone number (no lie). If i Hated him, I'd post it, but that dude is cool as fuck, so no.

LWS, don't sweat not owning ETH. If I could do it all over again, I'd buy BTC and LTC and zero ETH, but it's all still evolving. At at the point that I don't want to move anything because under any circumstances it'll be a huge tax event and, fuck that noise.

Is it? Okay I need to look into tax implications. I thought it only mattered once you crossed the $10k mark. I thought maybe I could siphon off funds as I got closer to that threshold without tax implications. Will that work?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-12-12, 23:18

tTy wrote:Also, Goose, I'm not trying to be an asshole, so I apologize if I came off that way. I am just a billion times convinced that this is STILL in it's infancy..... Crypto market cap is half a trillion dollars. That sounds like a lot, right? Money supply market cap is something like 200 trillion or more (probably WAY more), and so when something ACTUALLY starts going REALLY wrong and people begin fleeing conventional assets, investments and "normal" stores of value, guess where they are going to flock?

BTC right now, Alt-coins second..... What you are seeing is an awakening. Our monetary system is going down hard, and that money is going to find a way to protect itself at all cost. Cryptos are the answer right now. Once the CME and the CBOE break, precious metals will fucking explode. #Understatement.

I'm pretty sure the current crop of cryptos will shit themselves. Adaption is a ways out and right now it is a commodity, not a currency. Something different will come along off this tech (like ETH did) that will tie it all together. And how do I, and every other messageboard investor, cash out when this goes parabolic?

Anyway, I'm along for the ride either way because I believe in the tech behind it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-13, 08:04

Nordic wrote:
tTy wrote:Also, Goose, I'm not trying to be an asshole, so I apologize if I came off that way. I am just a billion times convinced that this is STILL in it's infancy..... Crypto market cap is half a trillion dollars. That sounds like a lot, right? Money supply market cap is something like 200 trillion or more (probably WAY more), and so when something ACTUALLY starts going REALLY wrong and people begin fleeing conventional assets, investments and "normal" stores of value, guess where they are going to flock?

I'm pretty sure the current crop of cryptos will shit themselves. Adaption is a ways out and right now it is a commodity, not a currency. Something different will come along off this tech (like ETH did) that will tie it all together. And how do I, and every other messageboard investor, cash out when this goes parabolic?

Anyway, I'm along for the ride either way because I believe in the tech behind it.

I am not sure what the point of this post is. You think they will crash but you are invested anyway and remaining in?

Anyway, if you use Coinbase you can sell at anytime so when you think we are on the backside of the bell curve thatyou are predicting, just go to Coinbase and hit the Sell button.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-12-13, 08:34

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I'm pretty sure the current crop of cryptos will shit themselves. Adaption is a ways out and right now it is a commodity, not a currency.  Something different will come along off this tech (like ETH did) that will tie it all together. And how do I, and every other messageboard investor, cash out when this goes parabolic?

I am not sure what the point of this post is. You think they will crash but you are invested anyway and remaining in?

Anyway, if you use Coinbase you can sell at anytime so when you think we are on the backside of the bell curve thatyou are predicting, just go to Coinbase and hit the Sell button.

Yep. You ever gamble?

Yes. I could sell my shit on coinbase today and collect a few grand. But what about when we are sitting on the millions of dollars? These sites can't handle the traffic now and many are going to collapse.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-12-13, 10:49

I’ll expand on this LWS.

I fully believe that autonomous vehicles will be the springboard to the next big industrial revolution. Automation will drive our everyday life. In 20 years everything we do will be completely different.  From our jobs, to getting groceries, to money, to everyday life.  I don’t know the exact timing, but I will say that is coming faster and will be a bigger smack in the face than 90% of Americans realize. If you’re in your 20s and 30s and not planning on retiring in the next 20 years, you better be preparing yourself for this professionally.I plan on being retired. I’m getting too old to adapt at the level that will be required. But people will, we always do.

Anyway, cryptos are in line with my opinions on this. The tech behind it is what initially intrigued me. After doing more research, I became particularly drawn to ETH. It is more than just a crypto. ETH is what pushed me over the edge in investing in cyrptos. Though I’m pretty evenly invested in BTC, LTC & ETH. ETH has the potential to change B2B. Automate it. Note, I said potential. There are big risks.

I question whether these early adopters will be the right fit. Are they the ones to spark a revolution in how we do B2B and personal transaction? Or will it be some form of off-shoot that has not come along yet? I have no idea. There are 1000s of these things sprouting up, and there will be 1000xs more. They will not all survive.  When the dust settles, yes, I fully believe will be doing transactions with some form of crypto/blockchain technology.

90% of the investors (not the money) right now are in it for USD profits, not so they can buy milk with bitcoin in 2020. That kind of defeats the whole intent. It’s a commodity (sort of), not a currency right now. Once the allure of not being able to make USD or Euros or Yuan off crypto trading wears off, it will crash. The big question then is, will it rebound or never regain traction before something else comes along. The next 12 months will be interesting.

Cryptos are backed by the same thing paper currency is backed by. Nothing. BTC’s value right now is based what its perceived paper currency value is. USD isn’t backed by gold. BTC is currently basically backed by USD/Euro/Yuan. Insert Alanis Morissette song. Long-term it will need to be valued based on consumer faith that it is a currency and be somewhat stable, like the USD is now.

The decentralization aspect is what has drawn a lot of early “investors”. Fuck the man right?!? Right now this is a fringe group. Can this philosophy attract the masses?  Can we all unite globally? Hell, I hate my neighbors (j/k, they are cool...but hands off my bitcoin). As much as we bitch about the guberment infringing on my rights(!), people generally crave order and some semblance of a stabilizing force and backing (no matter how fake).

tTy’s opinions on cryptos are slightly different than mine. He sees currency chaos. I don’t necessarily agree or at least agree that it is a good thing. If tTy is correct and the value of the USD and other foreign currencies turn to shit, then we are all sitting on millions of $s worth of crypto (the fact that I keep converting back to $s is telling in and of itself). We are rich! But WTF are we going to buy? In order for the cryptos or gold or silver to go parabolic in tTys scenarios requires a colossal collapse of the US/world economy/currencies.  This is like having your buddy shot at you for a million dollars (errr bitcoin). Hopefully he hits you in the leg and not the face.

I fully appreciate tTy’s opinions. Definitely respect his passion about it. He could be right. I’m sure in some capacity he is. The world will be very different in 20 years. But we are coming at this from different directions investment wise. So yeah, I’m invested. Mainly because of the tech, but also maybe a bit of tTy chaos theory. But I also see lots of risks and managed my investments accordingly. I’m in it for the long haul or bust. Though I have been considering day trading it while the Facebook investors (I include myself in this group) are diving in head first.

Last edited by Nordic on 2017-12-13, 11:08; edited 2 times in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-13, 11:03

Nordic wrote:I’ll expand on this LWS.

I fully believe that autonomous vehicles will be the springboard to the next big industrial revolution. Automation will drive our everyday life. In 20 years everything we do will be completely different.  From our jobs, to getting groceries, to money, to everyday life.  I don’t know the exact timing, but I will say that is coming faster and will be a bigger smack in the face than 90% of Americans realize. If you’re in your 20s and 30s and not planning on retiring in the next 20 years, you better be preparing yourself for this professionally.I plan on being retired. I’m getting too old to adapt at the level that will be required. But people will, we always do.

Anyway, cryptos are in line with my opinions on this. The tech behind it is what initially intrigued me. After doing more research, I became particularly drawn to ETH. It is more than just a crypto. ETH is what pushed me over the edge in investing in cyrptos. Though I’m pretty evenly invested in BTC, LTC & ETH. ETH has the potential to change B2B. Automate it. Note, I said potential. There are big risks.

I question whether these early adopters will be the right fit. Are they the ones to spark a revolution in how we do B2B and personal transaction? Or will it be some form of off-shoot that has not come along yet? I have no idea. There are 1000s of these things sprouting up, and there will be 1000xs more. They will not all survive.  When the dust settles, yes, I fully believe will be doing transactions with some form of crypto/blockchain technology.

90% of the investors (not the money) right now are in it for USD profits, not so they can buy milk with bitcoin in 2020. That kind of defeats the whole intent. It’s a commodity (sort of), not a currency right now. Once the allure of not being able to make USD or Euros or Yuan off crypto trading wears off, it will crash. The big question then is, will it rebound or never regain traction before something else comes along. The next 12 months will be interesting.

Cryptos are backed by the same thing paper currency is backed by. Nothing. BTC’s value right now is based what its perceived paper currency value is. USD isn’t backed by gold. BTC is currently basically backed by USD/Euro/Yuan. Insert Alanis Morissette song. Long-term it will need to be valued based on consumer faith that it is a currency, like the USD is now.

The decentralization aspect is what has drawn a lot of early “investors”. Fuck the man right?!? Right now this is a fringe group. Can this philosophy attract the masses?  Can we all unite globally? Hell, I hate my neighbors (j/k, they are cool...but hands off my bitcoin). As much as we bitch about the guberment infringing on my rights(!), people generally crave order and some semblance of a stabilizing force and backing (no matter how fake).

tTy’s opinions on cryptos are slightly different than mine. He sees currency chaos. I don’t necessarily agree or at least agree that it is a good thing. If tTy is correct and the value of the USD and other foreign currencies turn to shit, then we are all sitting on millions of $s worth of crypto (the fact that I keep converting back to $s is telling in and of itself). We are rich! But WTF are we going to buy? In order for the cryptos or gold or silver to go parabolic in tTys scenarios requires a colossal collapse of the US/world economy/currencies.  This is like having your buddy take a gun and shoot at you for a million dollars (errr bitcoin). Hopefully he hits you in the leg and not the face.

I fully appreciate tTy’s opinions. Definitely respect his passion about it. He could be right. I’m sure in some capacity he is. The world will be very different in 20 years. But we are coming at this from different directions investment wise. So yeah, I’m invested. Mainly because of the tech, but also maybe a bit of tTy chaos theory. But I also see lots of risks and managed my investments accordingly. I’m in it for the long haul or bust. Though I have been considering day trading it while the Facebook investors (I include myself in this group) are diving in head first.

This kind of post has no place on the swill.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-13, 11:33

Nordic wrote:I’ll expand on this LWS.

Cryptos are backed by the same thing paper currency is backed by. Nothing. BTC’s value right now is based what its perceived paper currency value is. USD isn’t backed by gold. BTC is currently basically backed by USD/Euro/Yuan. Insert Alanis Morissette song. Long-term it will need to be valued based on consumer faith that it is a currency and be somewhat stable, like the USD is now.

tTy’s opinions on cryptos are slightly different than mine. He sees currency chaos. I don’t necessarily agree or at least agree that it is a good thing. If tTy is correct and the value of the USD and other foreign currencies turn to shit, then we are all sitting on millions of $s worth of crypto (the fact that I keep converting back to $s is telling in and of itself). We are rich! But WTF are we going to buy? In order for the cryptos or gold or silver to go parabolic in tTys scenarios requires a colossal collapse of the US/world economy/currencies.  This is like having your buddy shot at you for a million dollars (errr bitcoin). Hopefully he hits you in the leg and not the face.

Bo-ring!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next