Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

+27
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
MSU addict
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
tTy
goodbar
I.B. Fine
Tim Wakefield
kingstonlake
Rocinante
MattyFresh
AnomanderRake
Robert J Sakimano
Wally Fairway
TheReal_LWS
Nordic
GRR Spartan
FatFingers
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
xsanguine
Turtleneck
31 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 2 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by InTenSity Thu 25 May 2017 - 8:50

Ethereum is now over $200. I think I'll sell mine when they hit $1k as well. These are just growing way too fast. Especially the BTC. But if/when it collapses I'll buy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 2 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by tTy Wed 31 May 2017 - 4:32

Ethereum is just getting started InTen. I have bought and held all of my cryptos since I first got into this just before the ramp. This is just getting started my man.

I'm going to go buy 20 ounces of silver now and hold onto that as well...... Decentralization of money is taking place right before your eyes, take advantage of it and buy what will increase in "value". This and the phyzz is it. It is RIGHT BEFORE YOU!E
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun 4 Jun 2017 - 0:34

As soon as BTC gets back to all time highs, it will gap higher, peak, sell off and re-consolidate again before starting another cycle. This is not going to stop any time soon. ETH is going to follow at, roughly a 10:1 ratio. ETH is going to hit $280 about the time BTC breaks out.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun 4 Jun 2017 - 0:38

How to lose 8K in crytpo currency in 15 minutes.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 23:41

tTy wrote:As soon as BTC gets back to all time highs, it will gap higher, peak, sell off and re-consolidate again before starting another cycle. This is not going to stop any time soon. ETH is going to follow at, roughly a 10:1 ratio. ETH is going to hit $280 about the time BTC breaks out.

&, 3..... 2...... 1..........
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 23:44

Also, if you want to learn more about the cryptos, I found this tasty little Youtube follow.... Her instagram doesn't really tell you shit about the cryptos, but it has a lot of nice content as well though.

Crypto Tips
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 7:49

What if the bitcoin bubble bursts? Is the latest frenzy like tulipmania, a gold rush or the dotcom boom?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 8:47

BTC could crack $3k this week. I'm holding on to what little ETH I have. If the market starts to crash, I can sell it and still come out pretty far ahead. Kicking myself for not buying more at $40.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 10:14

LooseGoose wrote:What if the bitcoin bubble bursts? Is the latest frenzy like tulipmania, a gold rush or the dotcom boom?

Cryptocurrencies (all of them) total market cap is $100B. Today when you are out and about, ask the first 100 random people who you come across if they have 1) ever heard of Bitcoin, 2) ever heard of Ethereum, and 3) do they own either...

Your results will be 1)~1-2%, 2)~0% & 3)~0% positive responses.

This is nowhere near a bubble yet.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 10:23

I typically don't run into 100 people a day unless I'm shopping or something.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 10:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I typically don't run into 100 people a day unless I'm shopping or something.

Go shopping!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 11:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I typically don't run into 100 people a day unless I'm shopping or something.

Meet me at the Hostetler dinner tonight and you can meet over 100 people. And have some Gravys. And baked goods. And rhubarb dessert.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 11:09

LooseGoose wrote:

Meet me at the Hostetler dinner tonight and you can meet over 100 people. And have some Gravys. And baked goods. And rhubarb dessert.

What kind of dessert? Are we talking pie, crisp, cheesecake? Or are we going old school and just dipping a stalk in sugar?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 11:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

What kind of dessert? Are we talking pie, crisp, cheesecake? Or are we going old school and just dipping a stalk in sugar?

I'm not sure - it'll be a great adventure. If you go, I'm buying.

Goodbar is already going to be there slathering himself in Gravys.
Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 2 AMwLt68
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 11:30

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I'm not sure - it'll be a great adventure. If you go, I'm buying.

Goodbar is already going to be there slathering himself in Gravys.
Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 2 AMwLt68

I'll ride up with Bob.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu 8 Jun 2017 - 1:39

InTenSity wrote:BTC could crack $3k this week. I'm holding on to what little ETH I have. If the market starts to crash, I can sell it and still come out pretty far ahead. Kicking myself for not buying more at $40.

InTen, I still think you have a chance to get in on the ground floor. I wouldn't be afraid to add to my position little by little if I were you. Personally, I am not going to trade this stuff, the short and medium term is going to be up. Period.

Shit is going to get more and more and more chaotic, this is a safe haven. Money is going to flood into cryptos and precious metals soon and the sky will be the limit.

You have dipped your toes in it. Put another couple hundy on it and let it ride.... Next month, do the same.... Cryptos are here to stay, in our lifetime. Pick the GOOG, AMZN or AAPL and ride it. BTC and ETH are my bets, they are already the giants. Is it possible that I've bought the "Netscape" and "AOL" of the cryptos? Sure... but at least I have a horse in the race, and if I lose ALL OF IT, I've made worse bets in my life (literally). I have a total of 6G invested in the cryptos now. It's worth almost 30G's..... All since March.

I still contend that hardly anyone on the planet is even aware of cryptos, but eventually, everyone that wants to use "money" on the planet in 10 years will HAVE to use cryptos for certain transactions. This is a decentralized way of transferring value. I have taken all of my cryptos "offline", and I could move to any country in the world right now and cash them in, into any fiat currency I wish. I could avoid taxation with them 100% by doing so..... This shit is a game changer, and it is NOT going away.

I'm actually willing to bet that I have acquired enough in cryptos to retire on in another 15 years. Maybe less if the shit hits the fan before then and fiat currencies crash under the pressure of global debt.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 19:31

tTy wrote:
tTy wrote:As soon as BTC gets back to all time highs, it will gap higher, peak, sell off and re-consolidate again before starting another cycle. This is not going to stop any time soon. ETH is going to follow at, roughly a 10:1 ratio. ETH is going to hit $280 about the time BTC breaks out.

&, 3..... 2...... 1..........

So easy...

Oh, also, the best indicator that this is nowhere near a bubble is that this thread probably annoys the fuck out of everyone NOT posting in it. They don't own any. They don't want to hear about it. They don't give a fuck. They have not even an inclination to learn about it yet....

This is no where near a bubble. If it were, this would be a sticky and everyone on the swill would be posting in it.

This is a mole hill. It is going to be a mountain.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 20:32

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 2 Easy10

#10:1 ratio...... bing...............................................................

tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 20:11

BTC testing 3000..........................
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 20:54

Etherium is around 350...
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 21:24

#StillNotABubble
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 9:52

ETH = $400
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 14:26

Coinbase is down. I hope this isn't a repeat of Mt. Gox from a few years ago.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 9:14

And the crash is starting. Ethereum down under $300 right now. BTC will probably drop under $2k again. Another buying opportunity coming up in about a week or so.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 20:49

Fucking missed out on ETH at 208 today and it bounced hard.  BTC = resilient, very impressed with how it held up today in a sea of crypto red.... I bet BTC will be over 10K inside of a year.  ETH, no idea, probably close to 1500-ish, maybe more..... There is talk of another coin out there surpassing ETH as #2 cahoonah out there, but it is even harder to purchase (you need to first own ETH, then set up a MyEtherWallet or some shit, and purchase it through that avenue).  I started looking into it yesterday, but gave up because it is a pain in the ass to buy after you have taken all your shit offline and don't have any online wallets any longer.  Veritaseum is supposed to kick ETH's crypto-ass eventually, supposably.  VERI.

I should probably try to pick up a couple for the hell of it.

Physical silver is still the buy of the century at these prices.  I keep buying that shit every month, little by little.

EDIT: 66 posts by, what, 4 posters, 5???  And almost 1200 views.  Not by everyone who posts in this thread.  I wonder why people don't care enough to post.  You are reading this and, what, shake your head?  I don't understand why people don't contribute to this thread or my silver thread.  The end of the great Keynsian experiment is upon us.  Jump in and begin protecting your family's financial future..... Anyone watching what is going on in Illinois?  Cali is not far behind, I'm actually surprised Illinois is the first to begin the death throws.... higher and more untenable taxes or slashed pensions, or a combination of both.  It can't last, and in neither case will people be happy...... New York is toast as well.... The dominoes are already set, not only nationally, but globally.  There is no way out of this except for an enormous reset and it is going to fuck up everyone's life in unimaginable ways.  Look at our debt, do the math.  Open your eyes.  Shit is gonna hit the fan.  We have had it so easy for so long, and now everyone lives in a fantasy land.

HI
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 10:38

You missed the real opportunity to get rich when it crashed to $0.10 last week. Some lucky fuck(s) were able to get in before it corrected.  A lot lost their ass on margin calls last week though.  Coinbase/GDAX is supposed to reimburse those customers. Which I think is a bullshit.  People are playing the game hoping to get rich. They took the risk. Coinbase/GDAX is being flooded with 1000s of new customers trying to get in that have no idea what they are getting in on.  Buying a highly volatile cryptocurrency on margin seems like just about the dumbest thing you could do. That's a life lesson, fuck them.  Coinbase has been taking a lot of heat for downtime, as their system isn't built to handle the amount of new customers/volume of orders so they are kowtowing to customers. Can't do that.

No need to get sensi over people not posting. People are reading. I generally have nothing to add so I'm not going to post just to post, but that doesn't mean I'm not reading.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 11:26

Whatever you do, don't throw away that hard driver tTy...

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/05/i-threw-away-4-8-million-in-bitcoin/

Interesting overall read on lost bitcoin...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11362827/The-625m-lost-forever-the-phenomenon-of-disappearing-Bitcoins.html
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 11:34

Is buying this currency investing or is it gambling? Not sure I feel comfortable putting my money into this stuff.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 12:05

Right now I would consider it gambling. tTy will obviously disagree.

Your betting on crypto-currencies to take off. I'm intrigued the most by ETH as it is contract based and I'm a big believer in Industry 4.0 which in the simplest terms is the automation of everything. And it appears to have the backing of some heavy hitters:

https://entethalliance.org/

This is a big reason for the recent ETH run up. That and just the herd mentality of wanting to get on the ground floor and get rich. People are jumping in which has caused the prices to inflate.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/05/27/coinbase-ceo-claims-company-saw-40000-user-registrations-one-day/

Will it continue? tTy will say yes of course. It is a high risk/high reward investment...unless you got in on the ground floor. But any investment is a gamble.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 12:26

Nordic wrote:Right now I would consider it gambling. tTy will obviously disagree.

Your betting on crypto-currencies to take off. I'm intrigued the most by ETH as it is contract based and I'm a big believer in Industry 4.0 which in the simplest terms is the automation of everything. And it appears to have the backing of some heavy hitters:

This is a big reason for the recent ETH run up. That and just the herd mentality of wanting to get on the ground floor and get rich. People are jumping in which has caused the prices to inflate.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/05/27/coinbase-ceo-claims-company-saw-40000-user-registrations-one-day/

Will it continue? tTy will say yes of course. It is a high risk/high reward investment...unless you got in on the ground floor. But any investment is a gamble.

I don't think it's for me but I hope everyone invested in it gets a good return.

I guess my only other question, is how will this stock react during the next correction/recession or global crash? I feel like it's full of skittish investors and I could see it going way down.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 12:33

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:Right now I would consider it gambling. tTy will obviously disagree.

I don't think it's for me but I hope everyone invested in it gets a good return.

I guess my only other question, is how will this stock react during the next correction/recession or global crash? I feel like it's full of skittish investors and I could see it going way down.

Actually they almost work in the opposite way. When Venezuela was having issues, BTC got stronger, because more people in VZ started to use it. The crypto currencies are also somewhat bigger in Asian countries, I think. At least they seem to be a bit more open to them.
I have a couple of ETH, because I bought when it was $40 and then again at $90. I wouldn't put anything in that I wasn't expecting to lose though. I've been watching BTC for a few years though. It will be stable for about 18 months and then suddenly take off, then correct itself, then be stable again. This time it looks like the climb could stay over $2k though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 13:05

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:Right now I would consider it gambling.  tTy will obviously disagree.

It's not a stock. It is a currency. And it is a decentralized currency, meaning it is not controlled by a the US or any other government.  So in a way it is like investing in gold or silver.  On the other hand it has been highly volatile with 1000s of new investors daily (many that have no idea wtf they are buying). How will those investors react to a market or crypto crash?

Warning: I am not an expert at crypto-currency. I'm only regurgitating what I've tried to learn/read. My comments could be completely wrong. I highly recommend reading up on it yourself.  It takes a few reads to wrap your head around it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 13:13

InTenSity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Actually they almost work in the opposite way. When Venezuela was having issues, BTC got stronger, because more people in VZ started to use it. The crypto currencies are also somewhat bigger in Asian countries, I think. At least they seem to be a bit more open to them.
I have a couple of ETH, because I bought when it was $40 and then again at $90. I wouldn't put anything in that I wasn't expecting to lose though. I've been watching BTC for a few years though. It will be stable for about 18 months and then suddenly take off, then correct itself, then be stable again. This time it looks like the climb could stay over $2k though.

Good on ya mate.

I believe Asia and in particular Japan has recognized BTC as a legit currency, giving it the ability to be used in retail outlets (again, take what I say with a grain of salt).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 14:20

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It's not a stock. It is a currency. And it is a decentralized currency, meaning it is not controlled by a the US or any other government.  So in a way it is like investing in gold or silver.  On the other hand it has been highly volatile with 1000s of new investors daily (many that have no idea wtf they are buying). How will those investors react to a market or crypto crash?

Warning: I am not an expert at crypto-currency. I'm only regurgitating what I've tried to learn/read. My comments could be completely wrong. I highly recommend reading up on it yourself.  It takes a few reads to wrap your head around it.

My bad. And your question is the same one I have. Gold is a classic flight to safety during a market crash. I'm guessing crypto is a good place for people people to hide cash? Organized crime, drug trade, etc? I guess there will always be a need for that which could be a good thing for the currency.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 14:30

My bad. And your question is the same one I have. Gold is a classic flight to safety during a market crash. I'm guessing crypto is a good place for people people to hide cash? Organized crime, drug trade, etc? I guess there will always be a need for that which could be a good thing for the currency.
BTC helped out the Silk Road on the Dark Net or whatever its called. It was hard to trace, or untraceable at one point. Its been a while since I've read about it though. There is a story in the Really long reads/interests thread about it. The real basis behind it, from what I understand is that the processing fee's are supposed to be cheaper than a credit card fee. That should be enticing to small business to accept it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 21:41

Nordic wrote:You missed the real opportunity to get rich when it crashed to $0.10 last week. Some lucky fuck(s) were able to get in before it corrected.  A lot lost their ass on margin calls last week though.  Coinbase/GDAX is supposed to reimburse those customers. Which I think is a bullshit.  People are playing the game hoping to get rich. They took the risk. Coinbase/GDAX is being flooded with 1000s of new customers trying to get in that have no idea what they are getting in on.  Buying a highly volatile cryptocurrency on margin seems like just about the dumbest thing you could do. That's a life lesson, fuck them.  Coinbase has been taking a lot of heat for downtime, as their system isn't built to handle the amount of new customers/volume of orders so they are kowtowing to customers. Can't do that.

No need to get sensi over people not posting. People are reading. I generally have nothing to add so I'm not going to post just to post, but that doesn't mean I'm not reading.

Atta boy, Nordy..... good post.

Yeah, buying anything on margin is stupid as fuck.  I can't imagine being the motherfucker that dropped the 30M market sell.  Why?  How???  I don't understand how that could have happened.  As I understand it, though, that flash crash couldn't have taken more than a minute or two to reverse itself.

Also, I don't even know how to put in stop loss orders or limit buys on Coinbase, is that a thing?

Have you heard about this guy?  10,000 BTC's for two pizza pies?  Yeah, that sounds like a good deal....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 21:46

I'm not going to argue that this isn't a gambol. It is totally a gambol. I think cryptos are here to stay, but there are hundreds of them right meow, and there will eventually be thousand(s) of them. Most, I think, will fail, some will serve certain niches and never really increase in value, some will do well, and others will explode and return millions of percents to a buyer/holder.

My strategy is to find some of the early big boys, and hope I end up with VHScoin, Chromecoin and NewEnglandPatriotscoin instead of Betacoin, Netscapecoin and Lionscoin.

tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 21:49

If you are into the cryptos at all, check out Clif High. He is a wing nut, but he does some kind of data mining on the innernets and has called a lot of what has taken place recently almost to the fucking dollar. He's been really amazing.

Also, check out a youtube channel called Crypto Tips. Trust me on this one..... DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 21:52

This site is pretty cool too....

Did I mention that you should all check out Crypto Tips feed on Youtubes?  You should... and also be sure to check out Crypto Tips instigram for moar insight......#NoStalker
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 21:58

Nordic wrote:Whatever you do, don't throw away that hard driver tTy...

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/05/i-threw-away-4-8-million-in-bitcoin/

Interesting overall read on lost bitcoin...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11362827/The-625m-lost-forever-the-phenomenon-of-disappearing-Bitcoins.html

I will read this, haven't yet... but I was thinking about this the other day.... If BTC is REALLY only limited to 21,000,000 coins, people are going to lose, or already have, lost the fuck out of these things already... Never to be recovered again. So, really, the actual max float, if you will, will never reach 21M coins. And that number, whatever it is right now, can ONLY go down = making them moar rare. So, IF, BTC becomes one of the stalwarts and survives the test of time, and gets adopted by millions and millions more people, it can ONLY go up in value. And to an extreme extent. EXTREME..... If 10% of the worlds population wanted to buy ONE bitcoin, it would be worth a million bucks right now. Supply, demand.... The USD is going to die soon guys, time to decentralize. Time to take your wealth OFFFFFF THE GRID!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next