Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

+27
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
MSU addict
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
tTy
goodbar
I.B. Fine
Tim Wakefield
kingstonlake
Rocinante
MattyFresh
AnomanderRake
Robert J Sakimano
Wally Fairway
TheReal_LWS
Nordic
GRR Spartan
FatFingers
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
xsanguine
Turtleneck
31 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 13 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by InTenSity Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Markets seem to be correcting. Btc down to $13k.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 13 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by Nordic Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:31 pm

InTenSity wrote:Markets seem to be correcting. Btc down to $13k.

It's Christmas time. Eveybodys uptight.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:55 am

lmfao, settle the fuck down yall.... BTC wasn't even supposed to be in the 13K range until Feb. This is a good thing. Once consolidation takes place, it will all blast off again.

I'm getting ready to make another purchase.

Nordy, the way to cash this stuff out isn't via coinbase..... It is via = purchase something of value directly with your cryptos. I = plean to put it directly into precious metals, ship them to my hizzle. When I want fiat, I will haul the PM's to the coin store and cash it in for Benjamin's.... = nothing to report.

I think I'm finna get me some more LTC.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:46 am

LTC down to 246...
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:03 am

Good thing I got completely out yesterday. Good luck to the rest of you guys.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:22 am

I don’t know the long term future of this stuff but I read a few articles about this and the bubble is about to burst and some people are going to lose a lot of money.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:32 am

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 13 FIs5Bn

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:53 am

This is good for noobies like me not in yet.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:06 am

tTy wrote:lmfao, settle the fuck down yall.... BTC wasn't even supposed to be in the 13K range until Feb.  This is a good thing.  Once consolidation takes place, it will all blast off again.

Nordy, the way to cash this stuff out isn't via coinbase..... It is via = purchase something of value directly with your cryptos.  I = plean to put it directly into precious metals, ship them to my hizzle.  When I want fiat, I will haul the PM's to the coin store and cash it in for Benjamin's.....= nothing to report.

Lmfao Who needs to settle down? I don't even check this shit.

As far as buying shit with it...

A) Right now you really can't
B) That is not why a lot of people are buying it
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:17 am

Nordic wrote:
tTy wrote:lmfao, settle the fuck down yall.... BTC wasn't even supposed to be in the 13K range until Feb.  This is a good thing.  Once consolidation takes place, it will all blast off again.

Nordy, the way to cash this stuff out isn't via coinbase..... It is via = purchase something of value directly with your cryptos.  I = plean to put it directly into precious metals, ship them to my hizzle.  When I want fiat, I will haul the PM's to the coin store and cash it in for Benjamin's.....= nothing to report.

Exactly. Crypto currencies will never become a day-to-day form of transactions or purchases. Nobody wants to stand in line for an hour for a gallon of milk waiting for their Bitcoin transaction to complete.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:26 am

BTC down to $11.5k
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:42 am

Here comes the rise.  Last hour:

BTC  +8.46% $12,900
ETH +16.6% $640
LTC  +19.27% $236
XRP +30% .98
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:26 am

kingstonlake wrote:Here comes the rise.  Last hour:

BTC  +8.46% $12,900
ETH +16.6% $640
LTC  +19.27% $236
XRP +30% .98

I don't trust anything yet. That one week trend line is looking bad.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:59 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Here comes the rise.  Last hour:

BTC  +8.46% $12,900
ETH +16.6% $640
LTC  +19.27% $236
XRP +30% .98

I don't trust anything yet. That one week trend line is looking bad.

and.....back down again.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:50 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Exactly. Crypto currencies will never become a day-to-day form of transactions or purchases. Nobody wants to stand in line for an hour for a gallon of milk waiting for their Bitcoin transaction to complete.

I don't buy that long term. Short term yeah. No idea how to define short/long term.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Bought a LTC at 250
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bought a LTC at 250

bounce
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:30 am

Nordic wrote:

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 13 Untitl14

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 13 Untitl15
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:35 am

You guys are still not getting it. Research Hashgraph.

I'm old enough to remember when "e-mail" was just starting out and it made zero sense to me. Like, nobody would ever use that shit......
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:36 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bought a LTC at 250

Put it on a paper wallet. It's free. And it will secure it forever, longer than you can live.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:31 am

Millennial money. Can hardly wait til all this crypto cash implodes and crushes the hearts of all the dorks.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:32 am

The Pantry wrote:Millennial money. Can hardly wait til all this crypto cash implodes and crushes the hearts of all the dorks.

Good luck with that. Tis the future..... adopt it or get run the fuck over.........
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:10 am

tTy wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Millennial money. Can hardly wait til all this crypto cash implodes and crushes the hearts of all the dorks.

Good luck with that. Tis the future..... adopt it or get run the fuck over.........
Problem is, there's nothing to adopt. Zero tangible value. All of it is a giant pyramid scheme that is already starting to collapse. LTC creator sold all his shit a couple days ago.

Sorta reminds me of the scenes in Bruce Almighty where he gets all the prayers to win the lottery and then makes it happen out of frustration.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:17 am

The Pantry wrote:
tTy wrote:

Problem is, there's nothing to adopt. Zero tangible value. All of it is a giant pyramid scheme that is already starting to collapse. LTC creator sold all his shit a couple days ago.

Sorta reminds me of the scenes in Bruce Almighty where he gets all the prayers to win the lottery and then makes it happen out of frustration.

Yeah, It's not going away. It's proven to work. It's a safe bet that Bitcoin won't be the accepted cryptocurrency down the road. This whole movement needs to evolve but the premise of decentralized currency does seem to work, even if it currently is wildly volatile.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:45 am

I have a question. i've been all over the net lately browsing forums, reddit, etc. A common theme seems to be delayed transcations and trades with CB and other exchanges. Peoples money being frozen or sitting there unable to access it for trades. This is a highly unregulated industry with very little customer support, so......

what's to stop someone like coinbase in a highly volatile market, literally by the hour volatility ever day, from massive manipulation of the market. they could literally buy and sell on lows and highs for days with your assets until your trade is confirmed or money accessible? Seems like anytime the market goes crazy there's a "technical" issue. Hell they even admit in their status page.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:09 am

tTy wrote:You guys are still not getting it. Research Hashgraph.

I'm old enough to remember when "e-mail" was just starting out and it made zero sense to me. Like, nobody would ever use that shit.......

Lol... settle down
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:10 am

kingstonlake wrote:I have a question. i've been all over the net lately browsing forums, reddit, etc. A common theme seems to be delayed transcations and trades with CB and other exchanges. Peoples money being frozen or sitting there unable to access it for trades. This is a highly unregulated industry with very little customer support, so......

what's to stop someone like coinbase in a highly volatile market, literally by the hour volatility ever day, from massive manipulation of the market. they could literally buy and sell on lows and highs for days with your assets until your trade is confirmed or money accessible? Seems like anytime the market goes crazy there's a "technical" issue. Hell they even admit in their status page.

This is exactly why I stay away from dealing directly with crypto. I do all of my speculation in OTC stocks. Never had an issue with my orders getting filled within a minute. Downside is that I can't trade during off hours, but that's a risk I can deal with.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:11 am

tTy wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 13 Untitl14

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 13 Untitl15

Not sure what this post is supposed to mean. My two points still stand.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:13 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I have a question. i've been all over the net lately browsing forums, reddit, etc. A common theme seems to be delayed transcations and trades with CB and other exchanges. Peoples money being frozen or sitting there unable to access it for trades. This is a highly unregulated industry with very little customer support, so......

This is exactly why I stay away from dealing directly with crypto. I do all of my speculation in OTC stocks. Never had an issue with my orders getting filled within a minute. Downside is that I can't trade during off hours, but that's a risk I can deal with.

At least you know what those hours are going in. It's not random.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:15 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Yeah, It's not going away. It's proven to work. It's a safe bet that Bitcoin won't be the accepted cryptocurrency down the road. This whole movement needs to evolve but the premise of decentralized currency does seem to work, even if it currently is wildly volatile.

This.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Nordic wrote:
tTy wrote:

it was a post saying you can buy PMs with bitcoin
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:37 pm

I think you can deposit BTC on 5dimes. I wonder if you can bet with it.  I wanna make a 15g bet.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Nordic wrote:I think you can deposit BTC on 5dimes. I wonder if you can bet with it.  I wanna make a 15g bet.

I've used BTC to deposit and wager at Sportsbook.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:32 am

The Pantry wrote:
tTy wrote:

Central banks can not control cryptos, but Charlie Lee selling all his shit will topple it all.... lol

This post will not age well.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:35 am

Nordic wrote:
tTy wrote:

Your "points" are literally:

1) You can't buy anything with BTC

and

2) Nobody wants to buy PM's with cryptos....

I screenshotted you a pic of me almost buying 700 ounces of silver with BTC.

ie: 1) I literally CAN buy "stuff" with BTC, and 2) I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one wanting to do this since multiple PM sellers are making this available to people. I'm sure it's not due to extreme underwhelming lack of demand. I can't be the only one.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:41 am

tTy wrote:
Nordic wrote:

and

ie: 1) I literally CAN buy "stuff" with BTC, and 2) I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one wanting to do this since multiple PM sellers are making this available to people. I'm sure it's not due to extreme underwhelming lack of demand. I can't be the only one.

Chalk it up to not to us talking about two different things/me not reading fully. I was referring to buying bread, milk, GI w/Kung Fu Grip, paying your mortgage, etc. Not PMs. The reach (and speed) is currently limited.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:22 am

Nordic wrote:
tTy wrote:

and

Chalk it up to not to us talking about two different things/me not reading fully. I was referring to buying bread, milk, GI w/Kung Fu Grip, paying your mortgage, etc. Not PMs. The reach (and speed) is currently limited.

See the future, Nordy. Beeeee, the future.

Eventually people are going to LOL at your "dollars".
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:55 am

tTy wrote:
Nordic wrote:

See the future, Nordy. Beeeee, the future.

Eventually people are going to LOL at your "dollars".
I think it far more likely people are going realize crypto is valueless and pull out in a catastrophic crash. The money is already gone. Will just take the last few hanging on until it disappears completely.

Been through this before playing penny stocks. Cryptocash is just another pump-and-dump. And, you're just another dick trying to pump it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:43 am

I finally watched a doc on Bitcoin to learn more about the big idea of this new currency and to get a sense of where it is all headed.

I'm more cynical than ever.

1) The entire thing is driven by greed

2) Transaction fees are out of control, and there's exchange rates

3) Does china recognize Bitcoin? I don't think they do. I don't buy it that cyber currencies will be the one true currency for the entire planet.

4) Sooner or later it is going to get regulated - the people that think it is going to undermine the fed, and banking system are naive.

5) The currency is way too volatile

6) Some of the transactions take 15 minutes to complete and in that time who knows what the value of this currency will be at

7) Bitcoin is linked to money laundering, drug dealing and potentially terrorism. The bitcoin pioneers scoff at this, but they stand behind the founder of Silkroad and Charlie Schrem knowingly funneled cash to facilitate criminal activity. I don't trust a lot of the people involved with lifting this currency up and they are just as corrupt or more corrupt than our government.

8) The entire thing is a huge bubble

I sincerely hope everyone makes money on this but in my view sooner or later the house of cards is going to come tumbling down.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:59 am

steveschneider wrote:I finally watched a doc on Bitcoin to learn more about the big idea of this new currency and to get a sense of where it is all headed.

I'm more cynical than ever.

1) The entire thing is driven by greed

2) Transaction fees are out of control, and there's exchange rates

3) Does china recognize Bitcoin? I don't think they do. I don't buy it that cyber currencies will be the one true currency for the entire planet.

4) Sooner or later it is going to get regulated - the people that think it is going to undermine the fed, and banking system are naive.

5) The currency is way too volatile

6) Some of the transactions take 15 minutes to complete and in that time who knows what the value of this currency will be at

7) Bitcoin is linked to money laundering, drug dealing and potentially terrorism. The bitcoin pioneers scoff at this, but they stand behind the founder of Silkroad and Charlie Schrem knowingly funneled cash to facilitate criminal activity. I don't trust a lot of the people involved with lifting this currency up and they are just as corrupt or more corrupt than our government.

8) The entire thing is a huge bubble

I sincerely hope everyone makes money on this but in my view sooner or later the house of cards is going to come tumbling down.

Pretty much all of this is accurate. My exposure is pretty limited right now. I took my money and ran.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next