Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amb. Stevens' family tells GOP to STFU about and stop blaming Hills for Benghazi

+2
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
6 posters

Go down

Amb. Stevens' family tells GOP to STFU about and stop blaming Hills for Benghazi  Empty Amb. Stevens' family tells GOP to STFU about and stop blaming Hills for Benghazi

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-30, 13:43

BOOM!

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/chris-stevenss-family-dont-blame-hillary-clinton-for-benghazi
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Amb. Stevens' family tells GOP to STFU about and stop blaming Hills for Benghazi  Empty Re: Amb. Stevens' family tells GOP to STFU about and stop blaming Hills for Benghazi

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-30, 13:55

"It is clear, in hindsight, that the facility was not sufficiently protected by the State Department and the Defense Department. But what was the underlying cause? Perhaps if Congress had provided a budget to increase security for all missions around the world, then some of the requests for more security in Libya would have been granted."

"I do not blame Hillary Clinton or Leon Panetta. They were balancing security efforts at embassies and missions around the world. And their staffs were doing their best to provide what they could with the resources they had. The Benghazi Mission was understaffed. We know that now. But, again, Chris knew that. It wasn’t a secret to him. He decided to take the risk to go there. It is not something they did to him. It is something he took on himself."
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Amb. Stevens' family tells GOP to STFU about and stop blaming Hills for Benghazi  Empty Re: Amb. Stevens' family tells GOP to STFU about and stop blaming Hills for Benghazi

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-30, 13:59

Stevens also indicates how unhappy she is about the way the whole affair has been politicized by Republicans.

"Every report I read that mentions him [Ambassador Stevens] specifically has a political bent, an accusatory bent. One point that seems to be brought up again and again is the accusation that the attack was a response to the video. I could understand why that conclusion would be made, because it was right after the attack on the U.S. Embassy in Egypt. But, frankly, it doesn’t matter that that was the thinking, that night, about why the attack occurred. It’s irrelevant to bring that up again and again. It is done purely for political reasons."
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-30, 14:04

Amb. Stevens' family tells GOP to STFU about and stop blaming Hills for Benghazi  Cl40_AZXIAE3m2s
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-30, 14:38

After the 1st investigation this has been nothing more than political theater. A waste of money to get the dummies all riled up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-30, 14:43

Turtleneck wrote:Amb. Stevens' family tells GOP to STFU about and stop blaming Hills for Benghazi  Cl40_AZXIAE3m2s

She looks smart.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-30, 14:47

They got paid.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-30, 14:59

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Amb. Stevens' family tells GOP to STFU about and stop blaming Hills for Benghazi  Cl40_AZXIAE3m2s

She looks smart.

She probably thinks Benghazi is a town in Ohio.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-30, 15:17

Who's the hottie TN?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-30, 15:17

Turtleneck wrote:

She looks smart.

She probably thinks Benghazi is a town in Ohio.

Benghazi State has a surprisingly good hockey program.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-30, 15:23

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:After the 1st investigation this has been nothing more than political theater. A waste of money to get the dummies all riled up.

It's what political Washington does best.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-30, 15:26

LooseGoose wrote:They got paid.

Source? Link?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-30, 15:50

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:They got paid.

Source? Link?

Doherty's family got over $400K - I don't have a link for Stevens but I think it's safe to assume his family got more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-30, 16:05

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Source?  Link?

Doherty's family got over $400K - I don't have a link for Stevens but I think it's safe to assume his family got more.

I'm pretty sure they call that life insurance.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-30, 16:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

The payment was not unique to Doherty's family.

It was part of a CIA insurance payout program for families of employees and contractors killed in the line of duty. It is a fairly new program, but payouts were retro-dated back to the 1983 Beirut bombing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-30, 16:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Duh.  Did I say anywhere it wasn't?   God you boys jump to conclusions here at times.  

And it wasn't the norm at the time he was killed - the government went back and changed things retroactively.

Doherty, a former Navy SEAL, was among the four Americans killed in the Sept. 11, 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya. Doherty had life insurance, but friends and family said he didn’t realize it only covered a spouse and children -- neither of which he had. The family has been pressuring the government to expand Doherty’s benefits, and has gained support from members of Congress, who introduced legislation designed to ensure they receive financial benefits.

CIA to Pay Benghazi Contractor Glen Doherty's Family $400K

I don't begrudge his family or Steven's family one nickel.   But when you're asking the government for favors it's best to take their side in disputes, eh?

THAT was my original point.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-30, 16:21

She looks smart.

Some poor sod is marrying her.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-30, 16:51

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Duh.  Did I say anywhere it wasn't?   God you boys jump to conclusions here at times.  

And it wasn't the norm at the time he was killed - the government went back and changed things retroactively.

Doherty, a former Navy SEAL, was among the four Americans killed in the Sept. 11, 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya. Doherty had life insurance, but friends and family said he didn’t realize it only covered a spouse and children -- neither of which he had. The family has been pressuring the government to expand Doherty’s benefits, and has gained support from members of Congress, who introduced legislation designed to ensure they receive financial benefits.

I don't begrudge his family or Steven's family one nickel.   But when you're asking the government for favors it's best to take their side in disputes, eh?

Maybe try starting with this post next time. "They got paid" leaves a lot up to interpretation, genius.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-30, 18:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Maybe try starting with this post next time. "They got paid" leaves a lot up to interpretation, genius.

TN thinks I'm a genius - my life is complete now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down