Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dallas...

+24
Jake from State Farm
CheesySpartan
Dr. Strangelove
DWags
Rocinante
AnomanderRake
tGreenWay
duffy munn
BleacherSwill
Blanch32
Clarett's Folly
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
SpartanInNH
GRR Spartan
Heat Miser
The_Dude
Gomer
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
28 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Dallas... - Page 6 Empty Re: Dallas...

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:11 am

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Scott Pelley is certainly the definitive source on guns and ammo.   Strange no one else has mentioned that tidbit.

The paragraph I highlighted of yours is 100% wrong, I can't believe you even typed it.

I hate to upset you but - military ammunition IS less lethal than hunting ammunition ON PURPOSE.  By International law and the Geneva Convention?  Ever heard of that?  Hunting ammunition IS Hollow Point which is designed to kill quickly and painlessly.

Myths of military full metal jacket ammunition.

Then we should only sell the ammunition that kills animals, be it painful or not, rather than having any ammo that might pierce a cops vest.
that's not what our forefathers wanted and in no way will do anything to combat government tyranny.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Chief Brown.........truly a Great American.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:29 pm

Toe wrote:Chief Brown.........truly a Great American.

President is knocking it out of the park.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:32 pm

GW swaying like he's got parkinsons or something.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Toe wrote:Chief Brown.........truly a Great American.

Yeah, not being divisive at all......."easier to buy a gun than a computer or a book".....who really believes that bullshit?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:16 am

Obama is presidential here. A needed statesman, and somebody who the ass clowns who are running could never be as presidential.

He spoke well here
http://time.com/4403543/president-obama-dallas-shooting-memorial-service-speech-transcript/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:39 am

President Obama is truly a great American.. maybe the greatest.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:48 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Yeah, not being divisive at all......."easier to buy a gun than a computer or a book".....who really believes that bullshit?

Sometimes I think you think the definition of divisive is "anything that doesn't 100% line up with my way of thinking." I mean, that goes for all republicans, not just you, so don't feel bad.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:59 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Sometimes I think you think the definition of divisive is "anything that doesn't 100% line up with my way of thinking." I mean, that goes for all republicans, not just you, so don't feel bad.
if Obama stated public support for oxygen, republicans would have a problem with it and probably call for a congressional hearing.

but they're not racist. Nope. In no way are they racist.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:41 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

if Obama stated public support for oxygen, republicans would have a problem with it and probably call for a congressional hearing.

I don't think it's a racist thing to be honest. I just think it's that their politics are built off of hating the other side more than standing up for theirs. It's why the only think they can get behind together is a low methodical chant of "I hate Hillary" and why on their own side they ended up saying "yolo we got nothing else let's roll with trump"
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:28 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if Obama stated public support for oxygen, republicans would have a problem with it and probably call for a congressional hearing.

I don't think it's a racist thing to be honest. I just think it's that their politics are built off of hating the other side more than standing up for theirs. It's why the only think they can get behind together is a low methodical chant of "I hate Hillary" and why on their own side they ended up saying "yolo we got nothing else let's roll with trump"

Which I think is a symptom of the GOP getting more fractured over the abortion issue and same sex marriage, more republicans advocating pro choice and more republicans not giving a crap about the gender of your spouse, yet the far right of the party is clinging to their ideals. So the only thing they have in common is hating democrats.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:36 am

LooseGoose wrote:

But not the Democrats? Blinders on much? So my feeling differently about abortion is not considered "divisive" by Dems? Silly statement by you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:41 am

LooseGoose wrote:

But not the Democrats? Blinders on much? So my feeling differently about abortion is not considered "divisive" by Dems? Silly statement by you.

No, your opinion on abortion by itself is not divisive. I truly don't think you know what the word divisive means now. For sure.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:38 am

LooseGoose wrote:

No, your opinion on abortion by itself is not divisive. I truly don't think you know what the word divisive means now. For sure.

Oh? Have you ever told a "progressive" you're pro-life? I think the usual response to that fits this definition to a T.

di·vi·sive dəˈvīsiv/ adjective
tending to cause disagreement or hostility between people.

Most progressives get very hostile when you tell them you don't support killing defenseless babies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:53 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Most progressives get very hostile when you tell them you don't support killing defenseless babies.

What about when you tell them you don't support 1st trimester abortions?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:18 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Oh? Have you ever told a "progressive" you're pro-life? I think the usual response to that fits this definition to a T.

Sure have. And I think you are probably exaggerating their reaction.

But I'm not going to get into a conversation about what some guy on some street said to you years ago cause frankly I don't care. We were discussing the Dallas police chief. Not some random hippy you met once.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:31 am

LooseGoose wrote:

most republicans aren't "pro-life".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:34 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if Obama stated public support for oxygen, republicans would have a problem with it and probably call for a congressional hearing.

it's racism.. and a hatred of America.. that fuels their hate for Obama.

they're an angry bunch.. you can even just look here at tSwill to see how angry they are.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:12 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

it's racism.. and a hatred of America.. that fuels their hate for Obama.

they're an angry bunch.. you can even just look here at tSwill to see how angry they are.

They hate any democrat, not just based on their skin. They are definitely more firmly entrenched in the "it's my way or the highway" mentality than the other side (despite that one guy that goose met once talking about one of the most entrenched issues.) that's not to say that democrats don't do that to some extent as well, they most certainly do. But I feel like the republicans, particularly the tea party variety, are much much much more firmly in the camp of not compromising unless they get literally every single thing they want done their way. And since I want to be abundantly clear, both sides do the same thing. Just one group seems to be way worse about it on a very consistent basis than the rest of them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:05 pm

There has been a racial aspect of the anger toward Obama. To say it has nothing to do with it, is naive, I think. Maybe not from the whole right, but the racist hatred has filtered through the whole conservative movement and infected it with just a general hatred of anything the president does. Anyone who has a serious complaint about what the president said in Dallas needs to look really hard at themselves.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:20 pm

Rocinante wrote:There has been a racial aspect of the anger toward Obama. To say it has nothing to do with it, is naive, I think. Maybe not from the whole right, but the racist hatred has filtered through the whole conservative movement and infected it with just a general hatred of anything the president does. Anyone who has a serious complaint about what the president said in Dallas needs to look really hard at themselves.

So since I hate Harry Reid more am I anti-white too?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:21 pm

Rocinante wrote:There has been a racial aspect of the anger toward Obama. To say it has nothing to do with it, is naive, I think. Maybe not from the whole right, but the racist hatred has filtered through the whole conservative movement and infected it with just a general hatred of anything the president does. Anyone who has a serious complaint about what the president said in Dallas needs to look really hard at themselves.

And that Hillary Clinton, I really can't stand her so your dime store psychology tells you that means I hate all women?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:22 pm

I think my cousin has a couple of brats for kids so obviously I hate all children.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Reading comprehension fail Goose.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:21 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

And that Hillary Clinton, I really can't stand her so your dime store psychology tells you that means I hate all women?
I think that's been very well established here.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:51 pm

Goose getting exposed. Per the usual.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Pffft.....exposing the silliness of the race/gender card being played every day in every circumstance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:10 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Pffft.....exposing the silliness of the race/gender card being played every day in every circumstance.

Yeah. If only every minority could see things from a white males perspective.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:29 am

Heat Miser wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Of course it's more dangerous...you want to talk truths...blacks men are dying at the hands of other black men 90+% of the time in record numbers and huge statistical disparities.  That is not the cops fault.

Rolling Eyes "Get them to stop killing each other first, then we'll talk about getting the cops to stop killing them."

That would make a MUCH bigger impact in their livelihood. If you achieved even a fraction of improvement of black on black crime compared to police on black shootings you'd have achieved something historical with a much larger impact.

I don't see how the statement you made is crazy.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:12 am

Sorry Goose, you have a lot more resources.  I was sharing an opinion on ammunition that I have heard from about a half dozen friends who are county patrolmen and a couple of MSP officers I know.  Those opinions about ammo came up when I was questioning why their departments were spending their budgets on armored personnel vehicles and large amounts of full combat armor.

To a man the answer was they needed that stuff because of the sophisticated ammo being used in assault type weapons.

Still go back to why people fear registering guns like the do their cars, trucks and boats.  Why do people fight limiting the number of rounds to 12 or less?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:19 am

GRR Spartan wrote:

Still go back to why people fear registering guns like the do their cars, trucks and boats.  Why do people fight limiting the number of rounds to 12 or less?

Same reason I fear and make a fuss registering my car, truck, and boat.

What superiority do you feel you maintain, as another human being, over me to figure I owe you concessions based on your personal feelings?

Why do you feel superior to me in such a way that you can determine aspects of my life?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:25 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Pffft.....exposing the silliness of the race/gender card being played every day in every circumstance.

Yeah. If only every minority could see things from a white males perspective.

Still trying to figure it out but so far the statistics don't seem to jive other than.... they're going to get arrested more because they... well... live in neighborhoods that have a lot more crime than others.

I would suggest not fitting the stereotype that is pushed through media specifically designed to indicate to others what kind of individual you intend on giving the persona of, first of all. Not commit any crimes is the obvious.

The others would be learning how to read statistics. That might change you from viewing things from a built in racial "everyone is out to get me" to....."maybe I shouldn't live in and associates with such shitty people in a shitty, violent area."

It's not too complicated. Moving out is tough, but that's the first step. Get out of the area that is putting you at risk but also maintains a higher police force people of the higher crime risk,.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:29 am

xsanguine wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

What superiority do you feel you maintain, as another human being, over me to figure I owe you concessions based on your personal feelings?

Why do you feel superior to me in such a way that you can determine aspects of my life?

I also don't understand why you have had so many posts after the recent deaths of both your parents.  I guess we all react to opinions and events differently.

Where did they meet their end? My neighbor's son died about the same time and I saw no reports of a double fatality event reported.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:35 am

GRR Spartan wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I also don't understand why you have had so many posts after the recent deaths of both your parents.  I guess we all react to opinions and events differently.

Where did they meet their end? My neighbor's son died about the same time and I saw no reports of a double fatality event reported.

Is my view on political freedom suppose to change?

I feel the same. I feel scared and all the other things. But I'm not special. The people who've shown me kindness I'm trying to make a conscious effort to stay as factual and nice as possible. I have no interested in insulting anyone.....
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:13 pm

I really enjoy the big trucks with the "Don't Tread on Me" stickers.. as they tread across roads and bridges built by the government.. Dallas... - Page 6 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I really enjoy the big trucks with the "Don't Tread on Me" stickers.. as they tread across roads and bridges built by the government.. Dallas... - Page 6 502811600

Turtleneck and I had a great conversation about this. He proved me wrong. We don't have any choice.

We don't get a choice to privatize roads... and we have to travel to get from point a to point b.... the only way to do so is to use the roads you were forced to pay a private company who overbid on the project to build it.

We could also laugh at libertarians for paying taxes. "Haha... why don't you just become a federal inmate martyr! Ya hypocrite".

We have to live in the system that is forced on us, Bob. There's people working to change that (for a myriad of reason... the force/violence is one... but also the corruption that comes from government road bid contracts where we end up with inferior roads with our government system).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:22 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I really enjoy the big trucks with the "Don't Tread on Me" stickers.. as they tread across roads and bridges built by the government.. Dallas... - Page 6 502811600

Turtleneck and I had a great conversation about this. He proved me wrong. We don't have any choice.

We don't get a choice to privatize roads... and we have to travel to get from point a to point b.... the only way to do so is to use the roads you were forced to pay a private company who overbid on the project to build it.

We could also laugh at libertarians for paying taxes. "Haha... why don't you just become a federal inmate martyr! Ya hypocrite".

We have to live in the system that is forced on us, Bob. There's people working to change that (for a myriad of reason... the force/violence is one... but also the corruption that comes from government road bid contracts where we end up with inferior roads with our government system).
meh.. if the life I enjoy here in America is a "system that is forced" on me, I don't have much to complain about.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

meh.. if the life I enjoy here in America is a "system that is forced" on me, I don't have much to complain about.

And that's good. But what about others? I know you're pretty isolationist. But you seem to care about black people enough to make comments about their problems. What about the larger problems that affect more than just a specific race?

I'm pretty happy but that's because I did really well for a decent period of time... now I'm just screwing around. But I could do a lot more with the 30%+ that's used to maintain chaos in the middle east as well as subsidize all of the leaders of the world so they can drive maseratis around the desert and build palacies.

I also like that money being used to drag black people out of their homes at 5am in front of their kids because they're growing plants one group of human beings things another group shouldn't be able to bid. They also get to kick in doors and use those really evil looking guns that we don't to get rid of. That money is then used to imprison these people and turn them into angry, violent individiauls so that when they get out they're even meaner than when they went in.

Being part of a tax farm is an awesome system of oppression. I'm just glad these rich guys that take our money are using it for the right things.

But at least you get to enjoy a beer in lily white East Lansing while tax dollars are used to spy on us and kill black people, right?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:31 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh.. if the life I enjoy here in America is a "system that is forced" on me, I don't have much to complain about.

And that's good. But what about others? I know you're pretty isolationist. But you seem to care about black people enough to make comments about their problems. What about the larger problems that affect more than just a specific race?

I'm pretty happy but that's because I did really well for a decent period of time... now I'm just screwing around. But I could do a lot more with the 30%+ that's used to maintain chaos in the middle east as well as subsidize all of the leaders of the world so they can drive maseratis around the desert and build palacies.

I also like that money being used to drag black people out of their homes at 5am in front of their kids because they're growing plants one group of human beings things another group shouldn't be able to bid. They also get to kick in doors and use those really evil looking guns that we don't to get rid of. That money is then used to imprison these people and turn them into angry, violent individiauls so that when they get out they're even meaner than when they went in.

Being part of a tax farm is an awesome system of oppression. I'm just glad these rich guys that take our money are using it for the right things.

But at least you get to enjoy a beer in lily white East Lansing while tax dollars are used to spy on us and kill black people, right?
hey man.. I don't appreciate what you're insinuating..

my wife worked hard so we could live in a nice house in a nice East Lansing neighborhood.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:45 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

hey man.. I don't appreciate what you're insinuating..

my wife worked hard so we could live in a nice house in a nice East Lansing neighborhood.

I'm with you. I'm working my ass off and so is my wife so that we can hopefully stay living in Rockford.

You worked for what you have and you deserve it.

Here's what I always mean. Sometimes you seem to call people out as being scared of blacks and don't want to be around them because of this unfounded fear.... yet... if you look at your situation.... EL Is far way from Reo or Otto. I moved in with a friend when I was 16 until I was like 21 on Linval/Baker..... I understand the importance of living in a neighborhood that you're comfortable in.

But what I'm insinuating is that it's unfair to imply people are racist because they point to black crime rates but then you disagree yet live in an affluent white neighborhood.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next