Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Sadler has died. RIP.

+33
MSU addict
Mentalstate
Wally Fairway
SawGreen
Heat Miser
CheesySpartan
Death Roe
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
By-Tor
The_Dude
WCSparty
SeeRockCity
tTy
SpartanInNH
tanfan!
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
Motown Spartan
Blanch32
kingstonlake
Clarett's Folly
Cameron
Nordic
InTenSity
GRR Spartan
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
37 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mike Sadler has died. RIP.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Mike Sadler has died. RIP.

Post by DWags 2016-07-26, 22:45

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:I'm still having issues with this. Fuck. Live my kids. They're way better than me. I can't imagine getting that call. I couldn't function.

This is pretty much just like when Lacey passed for me. I actually cried both times. Actually, a lot, for some reason. Both times.

Lacey made me sad because she was just a baby. Sadler makes me sad because that kid was a fucking hilarious genius, and he was, also, just a baby.

True that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-07-27, 00:00

DWags wrote:I'm still having issues with this. Fuck. Live my kids. They're way better than me.  I can't imagine getting that call.  I couldn't function.
Got a call on the way to work early on a Saturday morning a couple years ago.  My vehicle is old school with none of the new-fangled voice communication technology.  Never pick up a call while driving.

Got to work and saw a voicemail from my sister in North Carolina.  Very strange for her to call that early in the morning.  Listened to her voicemail which only said to call her ASAP.  She sounded upset.  First thing that went through my head was something happened to her husband...great guy and in better shape than 99% of people I know over 60.

Called her back immediately to discover my niece had been killed when some drunk dumbass from Alabama crossed the median on I-10 in Florida.  Crash happened in broad daylight just before noon the previous day.

Different circumstances, but Sadler's death reminds me of hers.  She had everything going for her.  Hard-working and smart, two months away from graduating from Duke with a double major in mathematics and computer science.  Had interned with Google the previous two summers and had a job lined up with them.  Nice to everyone she met and everyone loved her.  

Been over two years now.  Drunk asshat is in prison for at least another 10 years.  His mom and sister argued that he wouldn't be around for the holidays at his sentencing hearing.  Fucking dumbass Alabama hillbillies.  Had no clue my sis, her husband, her sister, me, and hundreds of other family and friends will never enjoy her company again.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-07-27, 00:03

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:I'm still having issues with this. Fuck. Live my kids. They're way better than me.  I can't imagine getting that call.  I couldn't function.
Got a call on the way to work early on a Saturday morning a couple years ago.  My vehicle is old school with none of the new-fangled voice communication technology.  Never pick up a call while driving.

Got to work and saw a voicemail from my sister in North Carolina.  Very strange for her to call that early in the morning.  Listened to her voicemail which only said to call her ASAP.  She sounded upset.  First thing that went through my head was something happened to her husband...great guy and in better shape than 99% of people I know over 60.

Called her back immediately to discover my niece had been killed when some drunk dumbass from Alabama crossed the median on I-10 in Florida.  Crash happened in broad daylight just before noon the previous day.

Different circumstances, but Sadler's death reminds me of hers.  She had everything going for her.  Hard-working and smart, two months away from graduating from Duke with a double major in mathematics and computer science.  Had interned with Google the previous two summers and had a job lined up with them.  Nice to everyone she met and everyone loved her.  

Been over two years now.  Drunk asshat is in prison for at least another 10 years.  His mom and sister argued that he wouldn't be around for the holidays at his sentencing hearing.  Fucking dumbass Alabama hillbillies.  Had no clue my sis, her husband, her sister, me, and hundreds of other family and friends will never enjoy her company again.

Damn. So sorry man.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-27, 00:03

The Pantry wrote:

Jesus, I'm so sorry Pantry. I can't imagine that horror. I pray I never have to go through that with any of my kids, nieces or nephews. It's really he one wish I have. I hope I die before anyof my kids or my sisters or brothers kids. So sorry for this. Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-07-27, 00:42

Thanks, DWags. It's a parent's worst nightmare. My sis is kind of stoic but still struggles getting past. Hell, I'm not over it either.

Prayers for the families of Sadler and Foltz
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-07-27, 01:05

The Pantry wrote:

Sorry to hear Pantry. That is devastating. Just listening to Dantonio talk about Sadler in the BIG media days and one comment stood out, "life hangs by a thread". You never know when death will come, but it will. Don't live with (too many) regrets. Not just for you, but FOR those that might not be there tomorrow.

Personally, I'm prepared and I've prepared my kids to live with or without their old man. If my thread is snapped tomorrow, I'm ready, my kids are ready.

But man... I'm not sure I'm prepared for that phone call.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-27, 07:35

Thanks to exchanges with Fake Bo Pelini, Nebraskans got to know the real Mike Sadler 

It all started randomly, like everything Faux Pelini does.

Two days before Christmas 2013, one of college football’s great characters (and caricatures) tweeted at Michigan State’s All-America punter, Mike Sadler.

“hey I noticed you only had 81 punting yards against Youngstown State what happened were you sick”

This is standard Twitter-speak for Faux, maestro of the brilliant Bo Pelini parody account, characterized by a Three Stooges blend of clumsy grammar, sardonic one-liners and one-way conversations with public figures.

What happened next, though, wasn’t standard at all.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-27, 15:51

Mark Dantonio ‏@DantonioMark 15m15 minutes ago
Part One: Current and former Spartan Football players wishing to pay respect at Mike Sadler's tribute service please plan...

Mark Dantonio ‏@DantonioMark 16m16 minutes ago
Part Two:...to meet at the Engagement Center by 2:15pm this Sunday
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-07-28, 12:56

Sadler wants a fly over, per his family, per RJ Shelton's mom. Anyone know any fighter pilots? Can the Swill help get Sadler a flyover on Sunday?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-07-28, 13:07

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Sadler wants a fly over, per his family, per RJ Shelton's mom. Anyone know any fighter pilots? Can the Swill help get Sadler a flyover on Sunday?
Hollis or Dantonio might know someone. I don't.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-07-28, 15:37

Packer Peter Mortell copes...

Good article
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-07-28, 21:54

Floyd Robertson wrote: Thanks to exchanges with Fake Bo Pelini, Nebraskans got to know the real Mike Sadler 

It all started randomly, like everything Faux Pelini does.

Two days before Christmas 2013, one of college football’s great characters (and caricatures) tweeted at Michigan State’s All-America punter, Mike Sadler.

“hey I noticed you only had 81 punting yards against Youngstown State what happened were you sick”

This is standard Twitter-speak for Faux, maestro of the brilliant Bo Pelini parody account, characterized by a Three Stooges blend of clumsy grammar, sardonic one-liners and one-way conversations with public figures.

What happened next, though, wasn’t standard at all.

Faux stopped looking at what others were saying and clicked on the accounts of Sadler and Foltz.

“It’s almost spooky,” he said, “but it’s interesting to go back through someone’s timeline after they’ve passed away and see not just the big tweets, like a charity event or graduation or other things that are cool to see. But it’s interesting to see just their day-to-day interactions with their friends.

“It’s the same old life lesson. You don’t know when your last week is gonna be. You don’t know when your last drive to work is gonna be. These guys thought they had a lot of stuff to do. That’s just over.”

Sadler, 24 years old, was headed to Stanford law school. Foltz, 22, was primed for a big senior season at Nebraska. How do you possibly encapsulate that loss in 140 characters? Faux Pelini didn’t try.

He linked a few news articles. He retweeted a few tributes. He waited for a funnier day.

For six years, Faux Pelini has crafted thousands of jokes, straddling the line between what’s real and what’s fake. His only tweet about the deaths of Mike Sadler and Sam Foltz came Sunday afternoon at 12:45, right after he saw the news. He finally broke character.

“no.”

Mike Sadler has died. RIP.  - Page 4 4177874726
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-28, 23:11

rip
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-29, 18:52

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around this one. There was just so much promise in Sadler's future. He was going to be a star regardless of his career choice. And now, nothing.

I think my favorite tweets from Sadler were those he directed toward Nardawg when he was still on staff. 'Duz was so patient with him. Mike Sadler has died. RIP.  - Page 4 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-29, 18:57

tGreenWay wrote:I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around this one. There was just so much promise in Sadler's future. He was going to be a star regardless of his career choice. And now, nothing.

I think my favorite tweets from Sadler were those he directed toward Nardawg when he was still on staff. 'Duz was so patient with him. Mike Sadler has died. RIP.  - Page 4 502811600

Seriously. I know why the last couple of days I've talked my daughters into just going to the store with me and having dinner with me. Just talking to them. Making them keep their boyfriends at our house and eating here. I just want to be around them more. It's really fucked me up more than I think. Fuck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-29, 19:30

I am like some of the rest of you.
Sadler was a larger than life character and he was a freakin' punter.

I think the thing that bothers me most was Mike Sadler didn't have to be a Spartan.

With his ACT/SAT scores, having completed every AP class the Forest Hills district offered and nailed the AP tests for college credits, Sadler could have chosen any highly selective school like MIT, Havard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Vanderbilt, Cal Tech, Cal-Berkley or Stanford and skipped football altogether. Any of those schools would have been thrilled if had also played football. But he chose to be a Spartan.

I really thought Sadler would fly thru Stanford Law tweeting about the Spartans every week and by the time he was 50 be a Federal judge, possibly be nominated to the Supreme Court or be a US Senator.

For an instant last Saturday night Mike Sadler made a rare mistake and it cost his life and the life of his front seat passenger. If he had dodged that mistake it wouldn't have suprised me to see Sadler making some humorous tweets about trashing his car and having to hitch hike to Palo Alto.

He was a person who comes along once every 30-40 years and he left too soon.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-30, 08:19

Seth Newman ‏@Spartan_Radio 17h17 hours ago
We will be broadcasting Mike Sadler's Life Celebration live from 3PM-4PM on SSN 24/7 and at http://www.spartansportsnetwork.com if you can't attend.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-30, 10:07

My #SadlerStory
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-30, 11:16

LooseGoose wrote:Seth Newman ‏@Spartan_Radio 17h17 hours ago
We will be broadcasting Mike Sadler's Life Celebration live from 3PM-4PM on SSN 24/7 and at http://www.spartansportsnetwork.com if you can't attend.

Doesn't do much good for non-subscribers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-07-30, 13:31

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Seth Newman ‏@Spartan_Radio 17h17 hours ago

Doesn't do much good for non-subscribers.

I use SSN a lot, and am not a subscriber. I'm going to give it a go. Mike Sadler has died. RIP.  - Page 4 2599972566
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-30, 19:51

Couch: Mike Sadler's mother grieving, but grateful and 'so proud'

Mike Sadler has died. RIP.  - Page 4 Copo4tcXgAAOThP
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-07-30, 19:56

LooseGoose wrote:Couch: Mike Sadler's mother grieving, but grateful and 'so proud'

God, that killed me. Mike Sadler has died. RIP.  - Page 4 4177874726
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-31, 09:55

LooseGoose wrote:Couch: Mike Sadler's mother grieving, but grateful and 'so proud'

Wow. Tears this morning. Props to RJ's mom.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-31, 09:57

Mike Sadler has died. RIP.  - Page 4 Cosm5_YWAAAxrDB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-07-31, 09:57

Yup.... BLAT.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-07-31, 10:06

LooseGoose wrote:Mike Sadler has died. RIP.  - Page 4 Cosm5_YWAAAxrDB

Very cool.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-07-31, 12:06

Very emotional read...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-31, 14:55

I'm lead to believe it will also be live streamed here http://wlns.com/live/
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-31, 14:59

Every player is wearing #3 jersey
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-07-31, 15:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:I'm lead to believe it will also be live streamed here http://wlns.com/live/

And the whole thing will be posted, once it's over, on msuspartans.com.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-31, 16:36

OK, I just heard Dantonio's voice crack and maybe cry a little. That maybe more of a tribute to MS than anything else
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-07-31, 16:45

DWags wrote:OK, I just heard Dantonio's voice crack and maybe cry a little. That maybe more of a tribute to MS than anything else

Yeah, he was struggling.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-31, 16:49

DWags wrote:OK, I just heard Dantonio's voice crack and maybe cry a little. That maybe more of a tribute to MS than anything else

I hope I get to see the rest of his speech because my feed died probably 1/2 way through his remarks.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-31, 16:55

OK, the video is too much.,.....god I can't imagine the loss.

pale

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-07-31, 17:07

Very nice tribute to a great Spartan
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-31, 17:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I hope I get to see the rest of his speech because my feed died probably 1/2 way through his remarks.

I didn't get to hear his mom but I'm told she just nailed it. Classy articulate poised. Apples trees I guess.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-07-31, 17:25

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I didn't get to hear his mom but I'm told she just nailed it. Classy articulate poised. Apples trees I guess.
Both his mom and sis were incredibly composed.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-07-31, 17:38

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

Both his mom and sis were incredibly composed.

Was blown away by both of them and how flawless they handled that situation.

Anyone else go?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-31, 17:41

The only part I saw that was awkward came when Cook said "I love you to death" when referring to Sadler's mom and sister. His heart was in the right place, but it was a weird choice of words for the setting.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-07-31, 17:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:The only part I saw that was awkward came when Cook said "I love you to death" when referring to Sadler's mom and sister. His heart was in the right place, but it was a weird choice of words for the setting.
Yeah, that was awkward
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next