Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the record - I'm a Broncos fan now

+7
tanfan!
NigelUno
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
11 posters

Go down

For the record - I'm a Broncos fan now Empty For the record - I'm a Broncos fan now

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-07, 12:23

Nfm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

For the record - I'm a Broncos fan now Empty Re: For the record - I'm a Broncos fan now

Post by Guest 2016-08-07, 12:24

Band Wagon Jumper
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

For the record - I'm a Broncos fan now Empty Re: For the record - I'm a Broncos fan now

Front runner
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Fair Weather Fan
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-08-07, 12:28

I mean, who doesn't adopt a pro team after spending six months in their hometown?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-07, 12:28

Plus, who cares, this is a Falcons board.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-07, 12:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Plus, who cares, this is a Falcons board.

This.

You realize you just pulled a Nigel otpt? Think about that for a minute. In fact. I want you to go to your room and reflect on this. You just pulled a fucking Nigel otpt. Seriously. Take some time to think and come back to us and let us know where you're at in your life.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-07, 12:38

Been living in Detroit now for 25 years. Almost half my life. Still a Packers fan. Won't change. Still a bucks fan, won't change. Redwings ad Tigers are cool, mostly because the brewers were never really the team when I was a kid. The braves left and this new team had little traction I think. Most western u.p. people were Packers, Bucks, Tigers fans.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-07, 12:49

kingstonlake wrote:I mean, who doesn't adopt a pro team after spending six months in their hometown?

Exactly!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-07, 13:00

DWags wrote:Been living in Detroit now for 25 years.  Almost half my life.  Still a Packers fan.   Won't change.  Still a bucks fan, won't change.  Redwings ad Tigers are cool, mostly because the brewers were never really the team when I was a kid.  The braves left and this new team had little traction I think.   Most western u.p. people were Packers, Bucks, Tigers fans.

You grew up a yooper?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-07, 13:02

Why would you not root for the Broncos?

Go Sanchez!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-07, 13:10

NigelUno wrote:Why would you not root for the Broncos?

Go Sanchez!

YOU SEE OTPT? YOU SEE NOW?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-07, 13:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:Been living in Detroit now for 25 years.  Almost half my life.  Still a Packers fan.   Won't change.  Still a bucks fan, won't change.  Redwings ad Tigers are cool, mostly because the brewers were never really the team when I was a kid.  The braves left and this new team had little traction I think.   Most western u.p. people were Packers, Bucks, Tigers fans.

You grew up a yooper?

Only member of my family not born in Iron River. We moved to Milwaukee a year before I was born. Kicked around there, then back to the UP then down to the west side of the state of Michigan. Funny, but in the late 60j's and 70's without cable, you got the Green Bay and Milwaukee channels on T.V. just fine. Then split the TC t.v. and GR t.v. stuff. Could watch both the lions and packers if you were lucky that sunday. Cable changed everything . But my radio broadcast at night as a kid was all Milwaukee Bucks with the Big O and Lew Alcindor, Jonny Mac. Great teams.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-07, 13:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Why would you not root for the Broncos?

Go Sanchez!

You should save this award winning humor for those PMs between you and Roc.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-08-07, 13:33

So if the video game playing mellinial moves to Ann Arbor will he come a harbaugh fan?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-07, 13:38

I encourage everyone to pick another team over the kitties. Denver is a great team to follow.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-07, 13:40

NigelUno wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

You should save this award winning humor for those PMs between you and Roc.

Oh you. For the record - I'm a Broncos fan now 1f609
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-07, 14:04

Tanfan! wrote:So if the video game playing mellinial moves to Ann Arbor will he come a harbaugh fan?

Yo tan fan - not sure if it's just part of your schtick but I don't own a video game system. :)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-08-07, 16:04

DWags wrote:

You grew up a yooper?

Only member of my family not born in Iron River. We moved to Milwaukee a year before I was born. Kicked around there, then back to the UP then down to the west side of the state of Michigan. Funny, but in the late 60j's and 70's without cable, you got the Green Bay and Milwaukee channels on T.V. just fine. Then split the TC t.v. and GR t.v. stuff. Could watch both the lions and packers if you were lucky that sunday. Cable changed everything . But my radio broadcast at night as a kid was all Milwaukee Bucks with the Big O and Lew Alcindor, Jonny Mac. Great teams.

Went through Iron River yesterday.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-07, 16:11

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:

Went through Iron River yesterday.

When you went into it on US2, and you just got to town and the first house on the left by the gas station before downtown, that's the house most of my family grew up in. . Also, you passed Riverside Pizza. Voted the best pizza in Michigan, and if you had stopped in, you'd see guys from Jerry Glanville to Izzo and Mooch who stopped and have eaten there. When I go up there, I get six half baked and take them home with me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-07, 17:19

DWags wrote:

You grew up a yooper?

Remember the TV station up in the Keweenaw broadcasting Packer games instead of Lion games on fall Sundays as a kid.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-07, 17:54

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

Remember the TV station up in the Keweenaw broadcasting Packer games instead of Lion games on fall Sundays as a kid.

Right after that polka show.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-07, 18:16

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Remember the TV station up in the Keweenaw broadcasting Packer games instead of Lion games on fall Sundays as a kid.

IIRC polka shows were 50% of the programming back then. Weird because the Keweenaw was mostly Finns that didn't dance.

Haven't been up there since '97 for my mom's funeral. Seriously considering a mid-Sept trip to see the fall colors and whatever has changed...which might not be much. Going up there always seemed like stepping back in time.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-07, 19:11

Tell the truth, you just want pasties and poop milk.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-07, 20:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Tell the truth, you just want pasties and poop milk.
Have a big-time pasty craving and really want to get some from Toni's Country Kitchen in Laurium. So desperate I'll probably get some from Lehto's on US2 after crossing the bridge.

Sadly, no longer have poop milk connections Up North. Will try to find coffee cheese...no coffee in it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-07, 20:25

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

IIRC polka shows were 50% of the programming back then.  Weird because the Keweenaw was mostly Finns that didn't dance.

Haven't been up there since '97 for my mom's funeral.  Seriously considering a mid-Sept trip to see the fall colors and whatever has changed...which might not be much.  Going up there always seemed like stepping back in time.

Still does. Hour hand slows down also. By the way, do you remember the wrasssssling show? Chief wahoo mcDaniels. Dirty Dust Roads. Guy with the 22 inch pythons. Good stuff. 11:30 Friday's. My grandma lived it. She'd get so pissed at the villains.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-07, 20:48

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
IIRC polka shows were 50% of the programming back then.  Weird because the Keweenaw was mostly Finns that didn't dance.

Haven't been up there since '97 for my mom's funeral.  Seriously considering a mid-Sept trip to see the fall colors and whatever has changed...which might not be much.  Going up there always seemed like stepping back in time.

Still does. Hour hand slows down also. By the way, do you remember the wrasssssling show? Chief wahoo mcDaniels. Dirty Dust Roads. Guy with the 22 inch pythons. Good stuff. 11:30 Friday's. My grandma lived it. She'd get so pissed at the villains.
Don't recall the wrassling show. Remember still seeing light on the West horizon after 11pm early July
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-07, 22:29

My current favorite teams are the Broncos, Royals, Cavs and whoever won the Stanley Cup.

Also a huge Alabama football fan and Villanova basketball fan.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-07, 22:45

I have a Broncos hat already. What's next? Probably a sweatshirt. Will have to rock it at some games this year.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-07, 22:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I have a Broncos hat already. What's next? Probably a sweatshirt. Will have to rock it at some games this year.

Whats the hat look like? Asking for a friend
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-07, 22:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I have a Broncos hat already. What's next? Probably a sweatshirt. Will have to rock it at some games this year.

Broncos thong?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-07, 22:54

For the record - I'm a Broncos fan now Shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6Qn89nk9UfezdPob2O40PbT5-K4Siperz0aJyc44YNB3YFhc5avM6w0E4OeEi5RiS2Q5W39C1&usqp=CAE
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-07, 22:57

DWags wrote:

Whats the hat look like?  Asking for a friend

Flex fit. Grey. Blue brim. Primary logo. Sexy. As. Fuck.

Got it as a gift.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down