Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Record heat!

4 posters

Go down

Record heat! Empty Record heat!

Post by The Pantry Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:22 pm

The Guinness World Record for "hottest chili pepper" has been awarded to Pepper X, which clocks in 2,693,000 Scoville Heat Units (SHU), the publication announced in a press release on Monday, October 16.

Pepper X is a specially crossbred pepper created by Ed Currie, the owner of Puckerbutt Pepper Company in South Carolina. His Carolina Reaper pepper previously held the world record for hottest chili pepper.

The Carolina Reaper came in at "only" an average 1,640,000 million SHU. As the Scoville scale is logarithmic, that means that Pepper X is about three times as spicy as the Carolina Reaper.

Comparatively, a poblano pepper is about 1,000 SHU, while a jalapeƱo pepper averages 5,000 SHU.

A habanero pepper, one of the spiciest non-hybrid peppers, is about 100,000 SHU.

New Guinness World Record spiciest pepper, 'Pepper X,' is three times as spicy as Carolina Reaper
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Record heat! Empty Re: Record heat!

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:27 pm

That’s gonna be a no from me, dog. I’ll take flavor over heat every time. No offense, Heat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:05 pm

Which one of you gardeners helped create the monster?

Pepper X is a crossbreed of the Carolina Reaper and a "pepper that a friend of mine sent me from Michigan that was brutally hot," Currie told the Associated Press.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:02 pm

Some dumb ass will attempt to chew and swallow one. I won’t watch the film cause he’s a dumb ass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:17 pm

I like hot and I like habanero, but agree with Greenway, I prefer the taste. Good lord that pepper will kill something.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:01 am

InTenSity wrote:I like hot and I like habanero, but agree with Greenway, I prefer the taste. Good lord that pepper will kill something.

It’s odd to me how so many people conflate spices (flavor) with heat. Heat isn’t a flavor. If someone wants to know if a food is going to set their tongue and stomach on fire, they should ask how hot it is, not how spicey it is. I’m good cooking with jalapeƱos and poblanos, but anything hotter than that isn’t enjoyable for me. That’s what I get for having a mom who cooked bland meals all the time when I was a kid. lol
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down