Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..

+16
GRR Spartan
CheesySpartan
kingstonlake
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
SomeFanName
TheReal_LWS
Snake Plissken
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Clarett's Folly
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 12:07

NigelUno wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:
Just because the company owner is religious and anti-gay marriage that doesn't mean he hates gays. I've been through this issue a lot of my Mormon friends and many of them oppose homosexuality but love all people, including gays, and really take no issue with it, they just don't believe in it. What's wrong with that? Some people just happen to be more vocal and use their platform to express their views. You can be against gay marriage and not hate gays.

I'm not sure you're really up to speed on Chick fil A.

Bob?  Can you help him out?
I'm not all that up to speed, either.. 'cause I refuse to eat that sort of stuff.

I just know that they're rooted in right wing jesus freak politics.. racism, etc - and they're closed on Sundays to give cardiologists a bit of a break, I guess.. oh, and to worship jesus.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-14, 12:14

I've never had chick fil a. Looks like any other shitty fast food place.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-14, 12:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I'm not sure you're really up to speed on Chick fil A.

Bob?  Can you help him out?
I'm not all that up to speed, either.. 'cause I refuse to eat that sort of stuff.

I just know that they're rooted in right wing jesus freak politics.. racism, etc - and they're closed on Sundays to give cardiologists a bit of a break, I guess.. oh, and to worship jesus.

The Cult of Chick-fil-A
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-14, 12:15

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:You can't "oppose" homosexuality. It's not a viewpoint. It;s a reality. It exists. Acknowledge people's right to exist, or you deny their basic human rights. Denying basic human rights to people based on how they were born = hate.

Simple question, preferably with a simple answer. What basic human right is Chick-Fil-A denying to homosexuals?

They're really not anymore. They have backed off their ways. But denying the legitimacy of someone's identity. Demonizing someone for simply being what they are, is hate. I think acknowledgement of existence is a human right.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 12:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I've never had chick fil a. Looks like any other shitty fast food place.
the only difference is that they're closed on Sundays.. to honor jesus.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-14, 12:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I've never had chick fil a. Looks like any other shitty fast food place.

It's fine otpt. Probably better than those other place. I guess. Whatever. It's a sandwich.

A lot of people freak out about it though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 12:17

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Simple question, preferably with a simple answer. What basic human right is Chick-Fil-A denying to homosexuals?

They're really not anymore. They have backed off their ways. But denying the legitimacy of someone's identity. Demonizing someone for simply being what they are, is hate. I think acknowledgement of existence is a human right.

So they're not doing anything hateful but they still hate? What specifically did they used to do that was hateful before they "backed off"?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-14, 12:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
the only difference is that they're closed on Sundays.. to honor jesus.

That is true, and frankly it interferes with my basic human right to get those little fried chicken nuggets on Sundays.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-14, 12:18

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-09-14, 12:19

Is this anywhere near LCC?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-14, 12:19

I could just move it... But it's a thread about a fuckin fast food place. I didn't think that should be necessary.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-14, 12:19

kingstonlake wrote:Is this anywhere near LCC?

Across from Lansing Mall.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-14, 12:20

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

So they're not doing anything hateful but they still hate? What specifically did they used to do that was hateful before they "backed off"?

Can you not read? Go to Wikipedia. It's well documented. And it's another case where rhetoric by someone in a position of authority has led to more extreme behavior down the pike.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-14, 12:24

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the only difference is that they're closed on Sundays.. to honor jesus.

It's funny that you rip on them for closing on Sundays but you do realize that for low wage earners that's a huge deal, right?

Suspect
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 12:25

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the only difference is that they're closed on Sundays.. to honor jesus.

That is true, and frankly it interferes with my basic human right to get those little fried chicken nuggets on Sundays.
Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..  - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 12:26

gHost Spartan wrote:

It's funny that you rip on them for closing on Sundays but you do realize that for low wage earners that's a huge deal, right?
I'm no economist.. but if they were allowed to work on Sundays, their wages would be higher.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-14, 12:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:
I'm no economist.. but if they were allowed to work on Sundays, their wages would be higher.

But their spiritual enlightenment would be lower. What is more important?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 12:28

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I know that I enjoy their company every Sunday at church.. Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..  - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-14, 12:28

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

What the fuck is that? Like an acid trip?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-14, 12:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What the fuck is that? Like an acid trip?

Your kind of humor will not go over well. Sorry, your application is denied.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-09-14, 12:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Only if that employee has exceeded 40 hours for the week up to that point...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 12:39

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Only if that employee has exceeded 40 hours for the week up to that point...
my suspicion is that they don't have too many full-time employees.. jesus would frown on that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 12:40

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Can you not read? Go to Wikipedia. It's well documented. And it's another case where rhetoric by someone in a position of authority has led to more extreme behavior down the pike.

I was asking why you thought they were hateful. I'll know to consult Wikipedia next time I want your opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 12:40

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Low wage earners are the most exploited people in the workforce. Knowing that you'll never have to work at Chick Fil A on a Sunday is a huge deal.
I would suspect it is for some people. I would also suspect that other people would enjoy an extra day's pay.

of course, nobody is forcing them to work there..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-14, 12:40

Don't shop at Target, they let dudes into the ladies room.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-14, 12:44

I tried.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-14, 12:45

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Low wage earners are the most exploited people in the workforce. Knowing that you'll never have to work at Chick Fil A on a Sunday is a huge deal.

I'm guessing some of those low wage earners would like to work on Sundays and make more money.

I'm also guessing some of the new franchise owners would love to be open on Sundays, but toe the company line so they get a franchise.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-14, 12:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I tried.

You tried what?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 12:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I tried.
you tried, chicken fried.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-14, 12:52

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I was asking why you thought they were hateful. I'll know to consult Wikipedia next time I want your opinion.

No you were looking for a gotcha. Here:
...denying the legitimacy of someone's identity. Demonizing someone for simply being what they are, is hate. I think acknowledgement of existence is a human right.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 12:54

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

...denying the legitimacy of someone's identity. Demonizing someone for simply being what they are, is hate. I think acknowledgement of existence is a human right.
you're talking to LooseGoose.. which means you're trying to have a logical conversation with someone who is the first generation in his family to walk upright.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-09-14, 13:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

you're talking to LooseGoose.. which means you're trying to have a logical conversation with someone who is the first generation in his family to walk upright.

You sound angry.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 13:18

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Nope. It was a remains a legitimate question. What did they do that was hateful? No one here has answered that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 13:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Wow....what a sick burn Bobby.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-14, 13:30

Here's a few links. Do some reading.

The Cult of Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn’t What You Think

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 13:30

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you're talking to LooseGoose.. which means you're trying to have a logical conversation with someone who is the first generation in his family to walk upright.

You sound angry.
this gluten-free, fat-free, taste-free Amy's burrito I ate for lunch didn't really do the trick.. so now I'm chomping on some blueberries..

otherwise, I'm happy as usual.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 13:32

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Nope. It was a remains a legitimate question. What did they do that was hateful? No one here has answered that.
besides being religious kooks and peddling early death to knuckle-draggin' customers, they hate gay people.

of course, you're going to argue with this and likely move to have me banned.. so I wish you luck in your quest to have your "legitimate question" answered.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-14, 13:35

Can't wait to get a chicken sandwich before a Spartan game! GO CHICKFILA! GO GREEN!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-09-14, 14:42

If you don't like a menu filled with fried food or don't like chicken you don't give a shit about a company's policies.

If you like that kind of food you don't care if they're only open 6 days a week and closed Sundays.  You get your grease/chicken fix elsewhere on Sundays.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next