Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gotta love the Ryder Cup crowds cheering bad shots by the Euros

+6
CheesySpartan
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
P Rob
NigelUno
10 posters

Go down

Gotta love the Ryder Cup crowds cheering bad shots by the Euros Empty Gotta love the Ryder Cup crowds cheering bad shots by the Euros

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-30, 10:29

USA USA USA !!!

Gotta love the Ryder Cup crowds cheering bad shots by the Euros 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Gotta love the Ryder Cup crowds cheering bad shots by the Euros Empty Re: Gotta love the Ryder Cup crowds cheering bad shots by the Euros

Post by P Rob 2016-09-30, 10:31

Don't be racist.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Gotta love the Ryder Cup crowds cheering bad shots by the Euros Empty Re: Gotta love the Ryder Cup crowds cheering bad shots by the Euros

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-09-30, 10:32

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-30, 10:46

Do euro golfers hate America or something where is this shit coming from? The letter the fan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-09-30, 10:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Do euro golfers hate America or something where is this shit coming from? The letter the fan

Come again, Blanch?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-09-30, 10:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Do euro golfers hate America or something where is this shit coming from? The letter the fan

It's how it goes at the ryder cup when you have home course advantage. Been like this for the 25+ years I've been watching. Fun stuff IMO.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-09-30, 10:50

Are we into repeats all ready? The fall season just started.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t13018-murrica-fan-heckles-europe-ryder-cup-team#343068
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-09-30, 11:06

CheesySpartan wrote:

It's how it goes at the ryder cup when you have home course advantage. Been like this for the 25+ years I've been watching. Fun stuff IMO.
Yeah, the Ryder Cup is fun to watch. It's good to actually have some passion and tribalism like you see in other sports. Just wish the fans could scream and yell when they're hitting.

But it loses it's luster when it's not competitive, which unfortunately seems like is the case most years. Maybe I'm just a Ryder Cup bandwagoner. That US win in 99 (or was it 98?) always sticks out to me. Just incredibly dramatic stuff.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-30, 11:07

kingstonlake wrote:

Come again, Blanch?

The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-30, 11:10

Why can't you cheer and boo at Golf? for fucks sake
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-30, 11:22

DWags wrote:Why can't you cheer and boo at Golf? for fucks sake

I like it. And the golfers that are getting a little snarky.

I just get up and hit it when I play. Talking never bothered me.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-09-30, 12:45

Because professional golfers are pussies.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-30, 12:53

Because being loud and rowdy is for poor people.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-09-30, 13:39

Because it's a game of honor, a gentlemen's game.

The only game where contestants call penalties on themselves.

Booing or cheering for a bad shot is simply bad form.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-30, 13:44

duffy munn wrote:

I've called penalties on myself in pick up basketball.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-30, 13:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Great, I'm poor.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-30, 13:45

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Winner
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-30, 13:46

DWags wrote:

Great, I'm poor.

Me too.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-30, 13:49

DWags wrote:

Great, I'm poor.

Me too.

Lets go boooooooooooo those fuckers
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-09-30, 13:52

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Winner

Professional golfers are every bit as mentally tough as world class athletes . As physically gifted, no. But there is reason guys like Michael Jordan try to get great at golf and fail badly.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-30, 14:00

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Winner

Professional golfers are every bit as mentally tough as world class athletes . As physically gifted, no. But there is reason guys like Michael Jordan try to get great at golf and fail badly.

I agree every professional athlete is mentally tough. It's why it puzzles me they get so upset at cameras clicking or people talking during their backswing.

I don't want to start this debate, but I really think golf is more of a skill than a sport, like surgery or doing dry wall in your house. Some guys just are better at it than others and the fast twitch muscle or power of concentration isn't as important as just this feel and touch certain people have and others will never develop no matter how many swings they take.

I understand the tradition and politeness of the game and respect that, but I stand by my belief that they are mentally tough enough to deal with crowd noise. I think the way the Europeans handled the heckler was great, and I'd never heckle or make noise at a tunrament, but I just feel that quiet rule/tradition is hogwash.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-09-30, 14:10

USA won all 4 morning matches which was huge.  If they can at least split the afternoon we will be in great shape.  Only concern is 4 years ago, in Chicago, the United States dominated, similarly, until Saturday afternoon and then just flat out choked on Sunday.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-30, 14:14

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I've called penalties on myself in pick up basketball.

2 minutes for tripping?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-09-30, 14:50

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I agree every professional athlete is mentally tough. It's why it puzzles me they get so upset at cameras clicking or people talking during their backswing.

I don't want to start this debate, but I really think golf is more of a skill than a sport, like surgery or doing dry wall in your house. Some guys just are better at it than others and the fast twitch muscle or power of concentration isn't as important as just this feel and touch certain people have and others will never develop no matter how many swings they take.

I understand the tradition and politeness of the game and respect that, but I stand by my belief that they are mentally tough enough to deal with crowd noise. I think the way the Europeans handled the heckler was great, and I'd never heckle or make noise at a tunrament, but I just feel that quiet rule/tradition is hogwash.
I've always said golf is more game than sport. The greatest game. As for the heckling, it would take a generation of players to adapt to it if it was deemed ok right now. Golf has always been a quiet game. One of the reasons it's perfect for sunday afternoon naps while watching on TV.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-09-30, 15:08

DWags wrote:

Me too.

Lets go boooooooooooo those fuckers

Gotta love the Ryder Cup crowds cheering bad shots by the Euros 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down