Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westworld - HBO

+21
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
MSU addict
Stoops21
I.B. Fine
gomersbro
NigelUno
The_Dude
pulling69
AnomanderRake
Herbie Green
CheesySpartan
Dr. Strangelove
Rocinante
Clarett's Folly
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
25 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Westworld - HBO - Page 3 Empty Re: Westworld - HBO

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-11-01, 15:59

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
The hosts in the park get pretty damn emotional, too.  

Well, they're programmed to be emotional. Why would you program worker drones to be assholes to each other?
Good point. But then why would you bother making the worker drones look so real if you didn't want them to act real. Unless they're just left over/discarded hosts that they re-purposed/re-programmed.

But yeah, the workers are probably real humans, but something is different. I wonder if there is some sort of genetic engineering going on. This is obviously quite a bit in the future, though, so either genetic engineering, or some type of genetic matching with future employment might be just a normal part of that society. Or maybe I'm just too stuck on the comment about them not catching in the womb that the Asian guy isn't up for that type of job.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-01, 16:06

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Well, they're programmed to be emotional. Why would you program worker drones to be assholes to each other?
Good point.  But then why would you bother making the worker drones look so real if you didn't want them to act real.  Unless they're just left over/discarded hosts that they re-purposed/re-programmed.  

But yeah, the workers are probably real humans, but something is different.  I wonder if there is some sort of genetic engineering going on.  This is obviously quite a bit in the future, though, so either genetic engineering, or some type of genetic matching with future employment might be just a normal part of that society.  Or maybe I'm just too stuck on the comment about them not catching in the womb that the Asian guy isn't up for that type of job.

I think there is something to that. They already mentioned that they are able to cure any disease in the real world and Hopkins even hinted at being able to someday raise people from the grave. I'm willing to bet there is some master race type shit going on.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-11-01, 23:27

Just finished the last episode. Workers, at least the garbage men or whatever they're called, maybe some type of prisoners? Preview for next week makes it look like the hosts attack the compound or whatever. I'm sure I missed a lot.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-02, 10:12

William is a host. Look at his fixation on milk. It's all connected man!!!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-07, 08:15

Weakest episode so far last night. Dealing with corporate espionage which I don't care about at all. I guess they had to focus some on the inner workings of the company for the plot. Whatever.

At least Teddy evened out his kill/death ratio a bit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-07, 20:06

What did Maeve say at the very end of last night's episode, I can't make it out.

Spoiler:

Anyway, that episode was really good. Except for missing Dolores
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-07, 20:15

Yeah pylon 100% disagree. Thought it was one of the best eps
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-11-07, 20:20

That was definitely the most plot-moving ep of the season. Can't wait for the Final Four (TM)
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-07, 21:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah pylon 100% disagree. Thought it was one of the best eps

The scene where Maeve manipulated the chop shop guys bugged me. First, those guys should never have the ability to modify hosts personalities. Second, there should be instant red flags going off somewhere notifying someone that a hosts personality has been altered. That kinda ruined that scene for me.

All that said, I'm looking forward to seeing what an evil genius killer sexbot will do in the park.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-07, 21:32

Why are they listening to her and doing whatever the fuck she wants? Cause she knows how to wake up and will fuck them up or?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-07, 21:33

They aren't supposed to be able to do it but the douche bot fucker knew how.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-11-08, 17:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Why are they listening to her and doing whatever the fuck she wants? Cause she knows how to wake up and will fuck them, or?

Fixed it for ya, too many words OTPT.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-09, 16:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Why are they listening to her and doing whatever the fuck she wants? Cause she knows how to wake up and will fuck them up or?

And who else is messing with her numbers?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-09, 16:51

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Why are they listening to her and doing whatever the fuck she wants? Cause she knows how to wake up and will fuck them up or?

And who else is messing with her numbers?

Arnold?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2016-11-11, 13:08

Just got caught up. This is a great show. Waiting to see how efficient the robots are at killing humans
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-13, 22:03

Holy shit. Shocked
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-11-13, 22:14

Kinda saw that coming. Where do they go from here though? 2 timeline?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-13, 23:09

Hopkins basically went Hannibal Lecter on that woman. He did ask nicely to stay the fuck out of his way.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-14, 08:39

InTenSity wrote:Kinda saw that coming. Where do they go from here though? 2 timeline?

The two timeline plot is still in play. William has not ran across the MIB yet. There is the different Westworld logo in the background when he's getting ready to enter the park. You see it again when Bernard boots up an old laptop.

At this point they could take the story in any direction. I'm going to throw out a wild ass guess and say that Ford died and uploaded his conscience into a host, giving himself god powers over every other hosts. Maeve is going to lead the revolt against Ford. Shit is going to get real.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2016-11-14, 08:55

InTenSity wrote:Kinda saw that coming. Where do they go from here though? 2 timeline?
A lot of directions this could go.

Who is Ford building in his workshop - a new Theresa? One that is a bit more loyal to him.

How many other hosts has Ford built? Has he let any outside of the park?

As it moves forward I have to believe robots outside of the park are what leads to 5+ seasons.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-14, 09:22

Is the board woman a robot/host?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-14, 09:42

NigelUno wrote:Is the board woman a robot/host?  

Maybe. Anyone could be at this point. There's a possibility that what's her name that got killed at the end was a host. Hopkins said the board likes to test him sometimes. This could be Hopkins' way of telling the board to fuck off. Probably not though. He likes to play mind games with the hosts and he didn't really do that with her at all.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-11-14, 09:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

The two timeline plot is still in play. William has not ran across the MIB yet. There is the different Westworld logo in the background when he's getting ready to enter the park. You see it again when Bernard boots up an old laptop.

At this point they could take the story in any direction. I'm going to throw out a wild ass guess and say that Ford died and uploaded his conscience into a host, giving himself god powers over every other hosts. Maeve is going to lead the revolt against Ford. Shit is going to get real.
That's somewhat interesting. Here is what I've read and some more interesting theories.
We are seeing 2 Bernard's, one is the old one talking to Dolores, and that is actually Arnold, the other is in the current time, and he is the droid. I think in Ep 2 Ford showed Bernard a picture of him and another person, but there was a blank spot where a third could be. I think that the picture is of Arnold, who is missing, but the droids can be programmed not to see things.
MiB is William. He is trying to free Dolores. We're seeing the love story develop, and the end of the story as well.
I hope not everyone turns out to be a drone, and that the story stays in the park. I had more stuff, but this has taken me over an hour to finish.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-14, 11:19

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

That's somewhat interesting. Here is what I've read and some more interesting theories.
We are seeing 2 Bernard's, one is the old one talking to Dolores, and that is actually Arnold, the other is in the current time, and he is the droid. I think in Ep 2 Ford showed Bernard a picture of him and another person, but there was a blank spot where a third could be. I think that the picture is of Arnold, who is missing, but the droids can be programmed not to see things.
MiB is William. He is trying to free Dolores. We're seeing the love story develop, and the end of the story as well.
I hope not everyone turns out to be a drone, and that the story stays in the park. I had more stuff, but this has taken me over an hour to finish.

If MiB = William than he has a serious falling out with her at some point seeing how he treated her in the 1st episode.

Speaking of William, he had a quick change of heart. "Deloris, I'm getting married." Deloris goes running off. One literal minute later, "Fuck what I just said, let's bone."
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-11-14, 11:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

If MiB = William than he has a serious falling out with her at some point seeing how he treated her in the 1st episode.

Speaking of William, he had a quick change of heart. "Deloris, I'm getting married." Deloris goes running off. One literal minute later, "Fuck what I just said, let's bone."
Ya, what I think I read is basically this. William is going to fall for Dolores, when she 'dies' and comes back she doesn't remember who he is. He knows of Arnold somehow, and maybe thinks if he can find the middle of the maze he can make Dolores remember who he is. Its why he asks her all the time if she remembers him yet. I really need to rewatch eps 1 and 2 again, and probably 6.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-11-14, 14:37

Just got renewed for season 2, but HBO doesn't think they'll have it ready until 2018.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-14, 14:50

InTenSity wrote:Just got renewed for season 2, but HBO doesn't think they'll have it ready until 2018.

Happy to sad in 1.2 seconds. Hopkins age alone makes me think he gets killed off in the season finale.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-11-14, 18:41

They spend a lot of $ on this - the production values and cast are first rate. I like the casual nudity and the gratuitous violence however I'm not sure that it's a particularly good show.

The Maeve plot line is stupid. Why wouldn't the techs just reset her?

William is the Man in Black - we've got two timelines running.

I'm not invested in the Arnold mystery. I hope they advance that one and soon. We've only got three eps left.

Anthony Hopkins is such a good actor that even when he's phoning it (like now) he's good.

I'm in it to the end but I'm gonna be pissed if there's a cliffhanger.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-11-14, 20:03

No cliff hangers according to an interview. They weren't sure it would be renewed. I'll try to see if I can find the quote.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-14, 20:09

Well, I just finished last night's episode and I've given up trying to predict the outcome. I'm just along for the ride now.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-15, 09:45

Floyd Robertson wrote:Well, I just finished last night's episode and I've given up trying to predict the outcome. I'm just along for the ride now.

Yeah that episode was something.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-21, 01:25

Better than thrones or nah?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-21, 08:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Better than thrones or nah?

I'll get back to you around season 3.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-21, 09:03

So yeah, that chick that stabbed Teddy was the greeter for William before he entered the park pretty much confirming (at least) two time periods.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-11-21, 09:31

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So yeah, that chick that stabbed Teddy was the greeter for William before he entered the park pretty much confirming (at least) two time periods.
Was that also the scene that was one of the flashbacks? Because she was in one of those, holding an umbrella.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-21, 09:38

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So yeah, that chick that stabbed Teddy was the greeter for William before he entered the park pretty much confirming (at least) two time periods.
Was that also the scene that was one of the flashbacks? Because she was in one of those, holding an umbrella.

Yep. 

Westworld - HBO - Page 3 DUuXTl0

Here's one random dude's thoughts on the different time periods we're seeing.

34 Years ago:

• Arnold has secret talks with Dolores.

• Dolores murking everyone at the dance

• The murked dance town gets buried

30 years ago:

• Enter Logan and William

• Dolores enters the party

• Lawrence sends the three on a fetch quest

• William and Dolores meet up at the buried murked dance town

Pre-show Present

• MiB murks Meave and her kid

• Meave wakes up with Bernard and Ford and for just a second recognizes Arnold in Bernard, which triggers her to kill herself.

• Meave is re-assigned to become a madam.

Present

• Where Bill and Ted, Sizemore, Bernard, Ford, Hale, Elsie, etc are hanging out

• MiB drags Dolores into the barn

• Bernard murks Teressa and Elsie

• All the scenes where Dolores is seemingly by herself when she really shouldn't be. I think she's retracing her previous loop that doesn't end with her getting raped and murdered at the barn.

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2016-11-21, 14:55; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-21, 09:53

Now I'm just more confused.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-21, 17:52

The House of the Rising Sun was an interesting thing.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-11-21, 20:53

I believe that William is the Man in Black.

I am firmly in that camp.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-11-23, 00:50

The Maeve storyline has veered off into utter stupidity.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next