Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves.

+7
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
tTy
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
xsanguine
Rocinante
11 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves. - Page 5 Empty Re: The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves.

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-03, 10:07

"red guys"? Isn't that kind of racist?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves. - Page 5 Empty Re: The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves.

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-03, 12:12

Depends on the race of the person saying it.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-11-03, 12:54

So Goose, as I said, I don't really agree with the protesters, I am just appalled at the treatment they are getting. That said your uschamber.com or whatever link is completely wrong. The Federal government has jurisdiction over where the pipeline goes because 1). it's carrying oil that belongs to the people if the united states -- the right to extract it is leased to the oil companies, but it's still a public resource. and 2). yes the fact that some of the line is on public lands also creates a federal nexus. It doesn't matter the percentage, although many agencies will not be involved beyond routing on public lands if the mineral rights are private. So that's a really dumb article. Please use actual news sources.

I see they were quoting a "blogger" named Rob Port. Rob Port is an idiot.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-11-03, 13:00

xsanguine wrote:I say stop taking other people's money to fund corporations and see what the market (the people, the public... US) decides what is best.

THE MARKET THE MARKET THE INFALLIBLE MARKET [cums]
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-03, 14:56

Antineoplastons wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Why are we still using oil? Lame!

You mean we don't need molten dinosaurs to run our cars????  Uh-oh, better hope the Rockefeller's don't find out!

Most people don't know the first electric car was built in 1884 and electric cars represented almost 30% of the market in the early 1900's...in light of this discovery, does anyone question why that technology is still considered to be in its infancy stage?

I like the smell of gasoline. So there's that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-11-03, 15:29

DWags wrote:
Antineoplastons wrote:

You mean we don't need molten dinosaurs to run our cars????  Uh-oh, better hope the Rockefeller's don't find out!

Most people don't know the first electric car was built in 1884 and electric cars represented almost 30% of the market in the early 1900's...in light of this discovery, does anyone question why that technology is still considered to be in its infancy stage?

I like the smell of gasoline. So there's that.

The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves. - Page 5 Hqdefault
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-11-03, 15:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Why are we still using oil? Lame!

CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-04, 07:50

Rocinante wrote:So Goose, as I said, I don't really agree with the protesters, I am just appalled at the treatment they are getting. That said your uschamber.com or whatever link is completely wrong. The Federal government has jurisdiction over where the pipeline goes because 1). it's carrying oil that belongs to the people if the united states -- the right to extract it is leased to the oil companies, but it's still a public resource. and 2). yes the fact that some of the line is on public lands also creates a federal nexus. It doesn't matter the percentage, although many agencies will not be involved beyond routing on public lands if the mineral rights are private. So that's a really dumb article. Please use actual news sources.

You are appalled at the treatment the "red guys" are getting?

So, appalled that you used a racist term to describe them?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-11-04, 10:31

NigelUno wrote:
Rocinante wrote:So Goose, as I said, I don't really agree with the protesters, I am just appalled at the treatment they are getting. That said your uschamber.com or whatever link is completely wrong. The Federal government has jurisdiction over where the pipeline goes because 1). it's carrying oil that belongs to the people if the united states -- the right to extract it is leased to the oil companies, but it's still a public resource. and 2). yes the fact that some of the line is on public lands also creates a federal nexus. It doesn't matter the percentage, although many agencies will not be involved beyond routing on public lands if the mineral rights are private. So that's a really dumb article. Please use actual news sources.

The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves. - Page 5 1f622
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-04, 11:12

Rocinante wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves. - Page 5 1f622

Someone get Roc a tissue.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-04, 14:16

Rocinante wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

This is always my response but because im not a certified lefty i dont benefit from being able to call whiners crybabies. Nigel has a good point
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-11-04, 17:06

The moment you think Nigel has a good point, ever, you're beyond help.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-04, 17:07

Rocinante wrote:....Nigel....
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-04, 17:59

Rocinante wrote:The moment you think Nigel has a good point, ever, you're beyond help.

The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves. - Page 5 Johnny-depp
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-22, 13:22

Even the Standing Rock tribe is sick of the Dakota pipeline protesters

Things may finally be calming down out at the Dakota Access Pipeline protest camps. Well… maybe. Despite winning a temporary victory from former President Obama (it’s hard to say that without smiling) on his way out, many of the protesters have steadfastly refused to leave. But since they are supposedly there in support of the Sioux tribes who would be directly affected, it’s going to be tough to justify sticking around now that the natives have voted to ask them to leave. (Fortune)

A Sioux tribal council on Saturday formally asked hundreds of protesters to clear out of three camps near its North Dakota reservation used to stage months of sometimes violent protests against the proposed Dakota Access Pipeline.

The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe on Friday unanimously passed a resolution calling for the camps to be dismantled, it said on its Facebook page on Saturday. The tribe has been encouraging protesters to go home since the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers agreed to an environmental review of the $3.8 billion project in December.

Despite earlier discussions about alternative sites, the resolution made no provision for relocating the estimated 600 protesters, which include non-native environmental activists and Native Americans from outside the tribe.

This actually isn’t a new position for the tribe. The chief of the Standing Rock tribe unofficially asked the protesters to leave back in the beginning of December, as John Sexton discussed at the time. This was partly to move the debate into courtrooms and mediation, but also to try to save some of these idiots from freezing to death. Still, though their numbers have been decreasing, quite a few of them simply couldn’t take a hint. Now, with a formal request from the actual property owners who they are supposedly “defending” perhaps they will pack up their torches, spray paint and explosives and move on to the next cause they’re being paid to support in a grassroots fashion.

If so, it will come as a welcome relief to most of the people concerned. Thus far the local, state and federal governments have had to cough up more than $22M just to cover the law enforcement expenses involved in managing these protests. As far as the actual owners of the pipeline project go, they’ve likely blown through their insurance caps in some instances, with literally millions of dollars of construction equipment having been destroyed by the peaceful protesters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-23, 07:00

Goose is delving into hs own set of alternative facts. Its acceptable.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-23, 09:31

GRR Spartan wrote:Goose is delving into hs own set of alternative facts. Its acceptable.

So the Tribe didn't vote to get them out of there?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-23, 10:05

Trump's own spokesperson said his press secretary was offering up "alternative facts". That dove tails into the "conservative" contention that thete is fake news by NY Times, Chicago Trib, Boston Globe, Washington Post, LA Tmes and other long time respected news gathering media outlets.

You got what you hoped for and now we are heading to what Putin has created in Russia. There are no facts any longer. You've helped create the environment of constant doubt and are quick to ffer up alternatives. Why should I believe any post when I can grab onto a modicum of doubt using an alternative fact.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-23, 10:44

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump's own spokesperson said his press secretary was offering up "alternative facts". That dove tails into the "conservative" contention that thete is fake news by NY Times, Chicago Trib, Boston Globe, Washington Post, LA Tmes and other long time respected news gathering media outlets.

You got what you hoped for and now we are heading to what Putin has created in Russia. There are no facts any longer. You've helped create the environment of constant doubt and are quick to ffer up alternatives. Why should I believe any post when I can grab onto a modicum of doubt using an alternative fact.

ALL White House Press Secretaries and others offer up "alternative facts". You know, like a YouTube video caused the attack in Benghazi? Or maybe Obama on his last day in the briefing room when he told the massive whopper that we're the only nation in the world with voter ID laws. That's a complete lie. Did you see the press playing that up? Nope. Because they helped propagate their lies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-23, 10:58

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I say stop taking other people's money to fund corporations and see what the market (the people, the public... US) decides what is best.

An organic exchange of goods and services is surely pure evil.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-01-23, 12:02

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Lol.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-23, 12:37

Goose will support Trump regardless of what happens. You will support Trump and his minions after they admit the are dealing in "alternative facts".

Then bring up Benghazi that was investigated for years without any charges coming out of the committee. That's not alternative facts. That's alternative facts proven to be false because there was a lack of evidence.

Trump is bitching about crowd counts and his group of alternative facts givers got proven wrong by real facts. Trump's is taking a page right out of Putin's playbook by immediately calling anything that doesn't meet his idea as correct as "fake news".

You bought into it when told about the 3059 counties that voted for Trump. Trump's National Security advisor bought into fake news when he passed on the D.C. pizza child trafficking story giving it to others.

We have fact contradicting what Trump said on the campaign trail that he'd release his tax returns after the audit was complete. Now we learn he'll never release them because he won the election. An alternative fact. Maybe you find that clever leadership. I see it as just another lie Trump has used throughout his business career.

I just have to accept that the Trump administration will use alternative facts everyday marginalizing fact and truth. We now live in Putin's America. Some here think that's fine. I don't.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-23, 17:45

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Lol.

lmaorofl
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5