Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership

+15
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
CheesySpartan
NigelUno
Cameron
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 3 Empty Re: Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:54 pm

What day did Trump say/tweet he wanted the 2000 stimulus? What day did Nancy tweet that?

I guess I'm being trolled. No way you guys are so pathetic as to seriously play the misogyny card on this, just because you have no argument.

Oh, and still waiting to hear how Nancy got those 44 Republicans on board. Since you know, that's the whole discussion.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 3 Empty Re: Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:58 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
she's a great American.

No matter what she does you can always count on men to undermine her accomplishments. Half the reason why I posted that earlier tweet was because it was refreshing to see a guy say something positive about her work.

The tweet where he simultaneously took a shot at the abilities of 4 other women? That tweet, steve?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:01 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:What day did Trump say/tweet he wanted the 2000 stimulus? What day did Nancy tweet that?

I guess I'm being trolled. No way you guys are so pathetic as to seriously play the misogyny card on this, just because you have no argument.

Oh, and still waiting to hear how Nancy got those 44 Republicans on board. Since you know, that's the whole discussion.
a) you're not a misogynist.

b) I'm not on Twitter so I have no idea.

I'm simply complimenting Nancy for leading the House to pass a more meaningful relief package.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:04 pm

December 23rd: Trump says he is calling on Congress to give a $2,000 stimulus instead of $600.

December 27th: Pelosi tweets that Trump should call on Republicans in Congress to do the $2,000.

December 29th: Steve praises Nancy for pushing Trump to do this. Fucking steve.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:09 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:December 23rd:  Trump says he is calling on Congress to give a $2,000 stimulus instead of $600.

December 27th:  Pelosi tweets that Trump should call on Republicans in Congress to do the $2,000.

December 29th:  Steve praises Nancy for pushing Trump to do this.  Fucking steve.
She's a great American.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:10 pm

I'm really stunned that people are falling for this stunt (people in general, not just board members). You gotta hand it to Republicans. They know how to make the old Dem guard look foolish. I'll eat any hat Wags wants to send me if there's a vote, let alone one that passes, that sends out $2000 stimulus checks. The ONLY thing this swallowed hook did was get Purdue and Loffler a week's worth of campaigning for $2000 Trimp checks that will never come. Even if a vote comes it will only be because Moscow Mitch knows he has to votes to beat it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:14 pm

kingstonlake wrote:I'm really stunned that people are falling for this stunt (people in general, not just board members). You gotta hand it to Republicans. They know how to make the old Dem guard look foolish. I'll eat any hat Wags wants to send me if there's a vote, let alone one that passes, that sends out $2000 stimulus checks. The ONLY thing this swallowed hook did was get Purdue and Loffler a week's worth of campaigning for $2000 Trimp checks that will never come. Even if a vote comes it will only be because Moscow Mitch knows he has to votes to beat it.
nobody was ever gonna get $2,000.

But thanks to Nancy, republicans are on record for not even wanting to vote on it. Probably won't make a difference in Georgia.. but it confirms what those of us who view it objectively have known all along.

Nancy is a great American.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:14 pm

On a side note does Kelly Loffler have giraffe DNA?

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I'm really stunned that people are falling for this stunt (people in general, not just board members). You gotta hand it to Republicans. They know how to make the old Dem guard look foolish. I'll eat any hat Wags wants to send me if there's a vote, let alone one that passes, that sends out $2000 stimulus checks. The ONLY thing this swallowed hook did was get Purdue and Loffler a week's worth of campaigning for $2000 Trimp checks that will never come. Even if a vote comes it will only be because Moscow Mitch knows he has to votes to beat it.
nobody was ever gonna get $2,000.

But thanks to Nancy, republicans are on record for not even wanting to vote on it. Probably won't make a difference in Georgia.. but it confirms what those of us who view it objectively have known all along.

She swallowed the hook, Bob.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Get me some of that Trimp check
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:25 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:December 23rd: Trump says he is calling on Congress to give a $2,000 stimulus instead of $600.

December 27th: Pelosi tweets that Trump should call on Republicans in Congress to do the $2,000.

Hmm, this article is dated 5/9/2020.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/496896-democrats-rally-behind-monthly-2000-relief-checks

"But Democrats said they were pleasantly surprised this week when Pelosi, unprompted, told colleagues she wanted to see a $2,000 monthly payments provision included in the CARES 2 package"

Glad Trump got on board. Better late than never.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:29 pm

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:December 23rd: Trump says he is calling on Congress to give a $2,000 stimulus instead of $600.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/496896-democrats-rally-behind-monthly-2000-relief-checks

"But Democrats said they were pleasantly surprised this week when Pelosi, unprompted, told colleagues she wanted to see a $2,000 monthly payments provision included in the CARES 2 package"

See posts from hours ago addressing when you trying to change the argument at that point. No need to go through the obvious again.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:36 pm

I don't know about that. Perdon't and Loeffler haven't really come out looking good on this when they sat around for a week, too afraid to take a stand on it as they tried to figure out whether to kiss Trump's ass or McConnel's ass.

But I don't think there are many undecideds at this point in GA, where being in favor of something that their opponents were already in favor of, is going to make a difference either way.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:47 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

See posts from hours ago addressing when you trying to change the argument at that point. No need to go through the obvious again.

Trump didn't come up with the $2000 by himself, his party didn't come up with it - he got the idea from somewhere? Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 3 2599972566

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:36 pm

If we're giving tangential credit, I heard a certain somebody float the idea of monthly four figure payments long before anyone yet mentioned in this thread...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:01 pm

Cameron wrote:If we're giving tangential credit, I heard a certain somebody float the idea of monthly four figure payments long before anyone yet mentioned in this thread...

YANG GANG
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:23 pm

Next Mayor of New York City! You are not wrong his idea opened the discussion. No way it happens without him campaigning on the idea.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:29 pm

steveschneider wrote:Next Mayor of New York City! You are not wrong his idea opened the discussion. No way it happens without him campaigning on the idea.

In fact all of the other countries in the world that have been making these payments all along were doing it because of Andrew. Indeed Steven indeed.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:53 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: nobody was ever gonna get $2,000.

She swallowed the hook, Bob.
I have no idea what that means, but ok.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:01 pm

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Trump didn't come up with the $2000 by himself, his party didn't come up with it - he got the idea from somewhere? Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 3 2599972566

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:57 pm

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 3 GlossyRecentGyrfalcon-mobile

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:26 am

$600. This country sucks.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:45 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:$600. This country sucks.

Agree. Not enough for those hurting. But Toomey made a great point. Take me for instance. I haven't missed a day of work. Why should I get a $2000 check?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:01 am

kingstonlake wrote:

Agree. Not enough for those hurting. But Toomey made a great point. Take me for instance. I haven't missed a day of work. Why should I get a $2000 check?
Conversely, in our country, working people are jealous of those getting welfare. (The Rs battle downward) Just think if the stimulus only went to welfare people... Yikes.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:05 am

Also, I looked up the PPP loans... If a local software company who's staff is mostly remote already can get $2 million... My bell starts ringing. Not jealousy, more like fuck them, they get paid why not me....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:07 am

kingstonlake wrote:

I guess it depends on what you do with it. If you spend it on restaurants, that’s a good thing but if you spend it on credit card debt that doesn’t really help anything.

I think the answer is that everyone should get $2000 in Applebee’s gift cards
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:12 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I guess it depends on what you do with it. If you spend it on restaurants, that’s a good thing but if you spend it on credit card debt that doesn’t really help anything.

CC debt in the short term... Long term, if many came out of this in a better financial situation, there will be a quick economic snapback. (I think Krugman is predicting this since middle upper class are doing ok during this mess)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:17 am

Sounds like McConnell is going to go for $2k as long as Section 230 gets repealed.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:46 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:Sounds like McConnell is going to go for $2k as long as Section 230 gets repealed.
Section 230 isn't going to get repealed. Dems will never vote for it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:02 am

InTenSity wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Sounds like McConnell is going to go for $2k as long as Section 230 gets repealed.
Section 230 isn't going to get repealed. Dems will never vote for it.

Total pimp move would be to vote for the $ and repeal 230. Win the Senate and put 230 exemption back into law.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:04 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

That would be sweet. Full disclosure. I've been paying for daycare since early December so the stimulus would offset that. Obviously lots, and I mean lots of people who it's just free money for. I guess spending it is the idea. Let's hope so.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:15 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-day-on-the-golf-course-helped-change-trumps-mind-on-the-stimulus-bill/2020/12/28/e8580ff4-4925-11eb-839a-cf4ba7b7c48c_story.html

Yeah, I don’t buy this counter argument that Trump got congress to switch their votes. He’s been hands off and uninvolved. I would be willing to bet he either got on board with the $2k while on the golf course or on the toilet while tweeting.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:46 am

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:06 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I’m actually all for it. I think just repealing 230 protections without a comprehensive plan would be messy as fuck, but fuck these platforms that allow hatred and propaganda to spew with no accountability. I think the republicans would actually balk if the Dems called the bluff. Big gamble but they would.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:34 am

Rocinante wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I’m actually all for it. I think just repealing 230 protections without a comprehensive plan would be messy as fuck, but fuck these platforms that allow hatred and propaganda to spew with no accountability. I think the republicans would actually balk if the Dems called the bluff. Big gamble but they would.

Best scenario at this point it costs the repubs the Georgia senate race and in a few weeks it gets passed.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:19 am

Two questions.

Where's my $2000?

And how many Trump loyalist has Pelosi and her power play swayed away from dear leader?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:41 am

So "forums" are screwed if 230 went away... I suppose that would fix some stuff though. No more crazy ass right wing crap on facebook. Introduce legal process to everyone being dicks online. Of course it would back fire on the crazy right... Just think if Izzo/MSU could sue TOB after reading a game thread. (Hilarity would ensue)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:10 am

I’m pretty comfortable with conservatives negotiating for things that their fever dreams have convinced them that they want instead of exclusively tax cuts for rich people, frankly. Next we can give them JFK Jr’s location in exchange for Medicare for all
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:17 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m pretty comfortable with conservatives negotiating for things that their fever dreams have convinced them that they want instead of exclusively tax cuts for rich people, frankly. Next we can give them JFK Jr’s location in exchange for Medicare for all

They already know who JFK Jr is. Seriously. It's some weird dude that doesn't even look like him but I guess they are convinced that is him in disguise. You'll have to google it but I saw it on CNN when they were covering a DC protest that was full of Qanon nuts and hate groups.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:42 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So "forums" are screwed if 230 went away... I suppose that would fix some stuff though. No more crazy ass right wing crap on facebook. Introduce legal process to everyone being dicks online. Of course it would back fire on the crazy right... Just think if Izzo/MSU could sue TOB after reading a game thread. (Hilarity would ensue)

I’d miss you guys but not that much.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3