Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership

+15
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
CheesySpartan
NigelUno
Cameron
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-29, 09:52

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Ummm, Trump maybe? You know, since he is the one pushing the $2000?

Horrible tweet to try to credit Pelosi for that.

Bullshit, Dems proposed $2000 per month a long time ago. Trumps party negotiated down, stalled and last minute trump calls for $2000. If he was serious he could have done this months ago.

Dear me, did you even read the tweet that you posted? It isn't about who proposed $2000, the tweet is about the Rs signing on.

It says that Pelosi got 44 Rs to go along with it. No she didn't. Trump got 44 Rs to go along with it. How many of those Rs were supporting it when the Dems proposed it?

If you're not going to stay off twitter, at least pay attention to the tweets that you post.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership

Post by kingstonlake 2020-12-29, 10:01

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Steve. The house negotiated and passed a bill that gave Americans a $600 stimulus check. They did not negotiate a $2000 stimulus check. It's really that simple. She's gonna champion $2000 checks. Trump's gonna champion it and nobodies gonna get it. Yet idiots are gonna argue who gets credit for a something that never happened. I'm pretty much to the point that she's just as big a political idiot as Trump is.

I understand but Dems pitched out $2000 back in May/April. This $2000 idea didn't just come from Trump.

Pelosi's quote "At last, the president has agreed to $2,000 — Democrats are ready to bring this to the floor this week by unanimous consent. Let's do it!"

So yes, Trump deserves credit for coming around to it but this idea has been there well before. All eyes on the Senate Republicans now do they go against Trump or not?

That's great. They pitched it. But they passed $600. Now you want Dem leadership to get credit for what exactly?

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-12-29, 10:34

Didn’t the house approve 2k kingston
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-12-29, 10:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Didn’t the house approve 2k kingston

I'm not positive. I know it was proposed back in May. Ultimately they negotiated $600 if I'm correct.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-12-29, 11:07

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Didn’t the house approve 2k kingston

I'm not positive. I know it was proposed back in May. Ultimately they negotiated $600 if I'm correct.

I meant like right now they did
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-12-29, 11:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Yes they did.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-12-29, 11:23

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Yes they did.

i'm with you - probably not going to happen, but as it's been stated.. it further exposes that the republicans' concern around common folk is at the bottom of their list of priorities. not like that will influence the cult, but thank you trump?
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider, Jake from State Farm and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-12-29, 11:56

The HEROES act was passed by the House in May and ignored by Mitch in the Senate. It had another round of $1200 checks in it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-29, 12:13

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Bullshit, Dems proposed $2000 per month a long time ago. Trumps party negotiated down, stalled and last minute trump calls for $2000. If he was serious he could have done this months ago.

Dear me, did you even read the tweet that you posted? It isn't about who proposed $2000, the tweet is about the Rs signing on.

It says that Pelosi got 44 Rs to go along with it. No she didn't. Trump got 44 Rs to go along with it. How many of those Rs were supporting it when the Dems proposed it?

If you're not going to stay off twitter, at least pay attention to the tweets that you post.

We have two different opinions. You are giving credit to him for having his party scared shitless that they'll go along with anything he says including sedition and locking women in cages. I'm giving credit to the one that put pressure on the republican party. Random thought bubble I wonder if he came around to the idea of $2000 whilst on his gold toilet tweeting or out on the golf course?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-12-29, 12:26

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Dear me, did you even read the tweet that you posted?  It isn't about who proposed $2000, the tweet is about the Rs signing on.

It says that Pelosi got 44 Rs to go along with it.  No she didn't.  Trump got 44 Rs to go along with it.  How many of those Rs were supporting it when the Dems proposed it?  

We have two different opinions. You are giving credit to him for having his party scared shitless that they'll go along with anything he says including sedition and locking women in cages.  I'm giving credit to the one that put pressure on the republican party. Random thought bubble I wonder if he came around to the idea of $2000 whilst on his gold toilet tweeting or out on the golf course?
What pressure did Pelosi put on the Republican party, steve?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-29, 12:27

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

We have two different opinions. You are giving credit to him for having his party scared shitless that they'll go along with anything he says including sedition and locking women in cages. I'm giving credit to the one that put pressure on the republican party. Random thought bubble I wonder if he came around to the idea of $2000 whilst on his gold toilet tweeting or out on the golf course?

No, you just change the conversation because you won't admit that the tweet you posted was nonsense, or offer any argument as to why Nancy deserves credit for the R votes.

Yes, I give Trump credit for those votes. Not because of him, but because those 44 Rs are pathetic ass lickers that never would have voted for it if he didn't say that he wanted it (however disingenuous his wanting it may be, they are slaves to his whims).

There's no logical way to give Nancy credit. You just want to as part of your weird little war on the progressive wing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-29, 12:33

Nancy making the republicans buckle.. Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 2 502811600

Love it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-29, 12:34

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

No, you just change the conversation because you won't admit that the tweet you posted was nonsense, or offer any argument as to why Nancy deserves credit for the R votes.

Yes, I give Trump credit for those votes. Not because of him, but because those 44 Rs are pathetic ass lickers that never would have voted for it if he didn't say that he wanted it (however disingenuous his wanting it may be, they are slaves to his whims).

There's no logical way to give Nancy credit. You just want to as part of your weird little war on the progressive wing.

It's very weird.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Other Teams Pursuing That like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-12-29, 12:38

- complete inability to criticize chosen leader even when they’re obviously wrong
- gives the leader credit for things they don’t deserve credit for
- twists reality to fit the rosiest possible image of dear leader

Am I describing:

A) these people

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 2 ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2F87%2Fc2%2F5268df2742f592460419ac9b5aaa%2F200130-trump-rally-mahaskey-773

B) Matt Gaetz

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 2 Z

C) steve
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Other Teams Pursuing That like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-29, 12:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Nancy making the republicans buckle.. Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 2 502811600

Love it.

And a bunch of men quick to run and give Trump all the credit. Gotta love it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-12-29, 12:48

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Nancy making the republicans buckle.. Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 2 502811600

Love it.

Congratulations on being on Bob's level, intellectually. I'm not sure which of you should be more embarrassed by that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-29, 12:51

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Congratulations on being on Bob's level, intellectually. I'm not sure which of you should be more embarrassed by that.

Oh no...gosh darn it I did it again.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-29, 12:55

steveschneider wrote:

Love it.

America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-29, 13:00

steveschneider wrote:

Love it.

Please, please, please, steve or Bob, one of you explain how on earth you give Nancy credit for getting the Rs on board when they weren't on board previously.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-29, 13:18

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Please, please, please, steve or Bob, one of you explain how on earth you give Nancy credit for getting the Rs on board when they weren't on board previously.
because arguing on message boards have a long, storied history of success as it relates to the evolution of opinions and ideas.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-12-29, 13:18

Trump only wants the $2000 COVID Relief Check round #2 because he didn’t win in November.  

He’s jumped on the bandwagon late because he’s using it to squeeze those he deems disloyal and to use it in 2023 when he begins his 2024 campaign.

It’s wise to remember always about Donald J Trump.  No one else and nothing else.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-12-29, 13:23

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump only wants the $2000 COVID Relief Check round #2 because he didn’t win in November.  

He’s jumped on the bandwagon late because he’s using it to squeeze those he deems disloyal and to use it in 2023 when he begins his 2024 campaign.

It’s wise to remember always about Donald J Trump.  No one else and nothing else.

Nailed it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-29, 13:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

because arguing on message boards have a long, storied history of success as it relates to the evolution of opinions and ideas.

Just trying to understand where you guys are coming from.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-29, 13:33

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump only wants the $2000 COVID Relief Check round #2 because he didn’t win in November.  

Yup. He gets to show the party how much sway he still had and piss off Mitch and others that he's been having a go at for not going as far with their sedition as he would like.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-29, 13:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: because arguing on message boards have a long, storied history of success as it relates to the evolution of opinions and ideas.

not that it will matter..

But Nancy making the knuckle-draggers in Georgia have to come out in support of caring about American families knowing that McConnell will never allow a vote puts the knuckle-draggers in Georgia in the position of having to align themselves with Senate leadership whereas Warnock and Ossoff can now say "maybe it's time to change leadership"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-29, 13:35

By the way, does Nancy deserve blame for not being able to get all of the House Dems on board with the $2000?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-29, 13:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

not that it will matter..

But Nancy making the knuckle-draggers in Georgia have to come out in support of caring about American families knowing that McConnell will never allow a vote puts the knuckle-draggers in Georgia in the position of having to align themselves with Senate leadership whereas Warnock and Ossoff can now say "maybe it's time to change leadership"..

The discussion was about the 44 Rs that voted in support of the $2000, and some nonsense tweet that gave Nancy credit for that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-29, 13:55

You guys remind me of UofM fans, players and coaches after a Spartan victory. Complete inability to ever give credit when it's deserved.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2020-12-29, 13:58; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-29, 13:58

As Bob Woodward noted, there never is a plan. He described him as a felled wire spraying out voltage it just gives out energy but it doesn't lead anywhere. If Trump doesn't care about women locked in cages he doesn't care if people get their check or not. I'm not willing to give him the same credit as some of the other posters here.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-29, 14:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I've said that the entire party deserves credit for the $2000 stimulus check. They've all worked together on the same page and moving in the same direction.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-12-29, 14:17

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Yes, I give Trump credit for those votes.  Not because of him, but because those 44 Rs are pathetic ass lickers that never would have voted for it if he didn't say that he wanted it (however disingenuous his wanting it may be, they are slaves to his whims).  

There's no logical way to give Nancy credit.  You just want to as part of your weird little war on the progressive wing.

I've said that the entire party deserves credit for the $2000 stimulus check. They've all worked together on the same page and moving in the same direction.
Yet you posted a tweet that called out several other Democrats. Hmmmm.

Fucking steve...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-12-29, 14:19

steveschneider wrote:You guys remind me of UofM fans, players and coaches after a Spartan victory. Complete inability to ever give credit when it's deserved.
Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  - Page 2 Tenor
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-29, 14:44

steveschneider wrote:You guys remind me of UofM fans, players and coaches after a Spartan victory. Complete inability to ever give credit when it's deserved.

Uhh, in that scenario, UM has lost. I haven't lost. I don't think Cameron or Travis or Kingston, or the others that think you're off your rocker, have lost. I don't get the analogy.

But if you want analogies, you remind me of Trump and his supporters, completely disregarding the obvious, and just stating that something else is the case, without even attempting to offer an argument in support of your position, let alone any evidence.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-29, 14:49

steveschneider wrote:

As Bob Woodward noted, there never is a plan. He described him as a felled wire spraying out voltage it just gives out energy but it doesn't lead anywhere. If Trump doesn't care about women locked in cages he doesn't care if people get their check or not. I'm not willing to give him the same credit as some of the other posters here.

Still waiting on any evidence, or even a batshit crazy rationale, as to how Pelosi is responsible for the 44 Republican House members suddenly changing their tune from the past 6 months?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-29, 14:51

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yet you posted a tweet that called out several other Democrats. Hmmmm.

Fucking steve...

I'm pretty much like Switzerland in the Cameron-Steve Wars, and am not changing that, but on days like this, steve makes a very compelling case for Team Cameron.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-29, 14:54

[tw]1343383833975136256?s=21[/tw]

cheers
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-29, 15:03

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: not that it will matter..

The discussion was about the 44 Rs that voted in support of the $2000, and some nonsense tweet that gave Nancy credit for that.
I told you that it wouldn't matter.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-29, 15:05

steveschneider wrote:[tw]1343383833975136256?s=21[/tw]

cheers
she's a great American.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-29, 15:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:[tw]1343383833975136256?s=21[/tw]

cheers
she's a great American.

No matter what she does you can always count on men to undermine her accomplishments. Half the reason why I posted that earlier tweet was because it was refreshing to see a guy say something positive about her work.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-29, 15:41

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
she's a great American.

No matter what she does you can always count on men to undermine her accomplishments. Half the reason why I posted that earlier tweet was because it was refreshing to see a guy say something positive about her work.
yep - I said something similar the other day. Misogyny isn't exclusive to the GOP.

(they're just more proud of it).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next