Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you guys think of Bill Schuette?

+2
DWags
Cameron
6 posters

Go down

What do you guys think of Bill Schuette? Empty What do you guys think of Bill Schuette?

Post by Cameron 2016-12-23, 02:57

Just curious.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of Bill Schuette? Empty Re: What do you guys think of Bill Schuette?

Post by DWags 2016-12-23, 07:25

Ask me when he indicts Snyder. Snyder has now upped his legal defense fund to 3.5 million. If he had spent that on the flint water by not diverting it and using river water to save a couple thousand a month there wouldn't be these problems.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of Bill Schuette? Empty Re: What do you guys think of Bill Schuette?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-12-23, 07:38

My impression of him has changed over the last several months.  I think he's become an opportunist and more concerned with time in front of the camera than anything else.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-23, 08:17

Bill Schutte's father was in line to be Dow's CEO when he died unexpectedly. He's been politically active n the GOP since he was a young guy and was GOP convention delegate as a teenager. Has always been politically ambitious.

Became a Congressman from the district that includes Midland. Won 2 or 3 times, made the tactical error of running against Carl Levin for US Senate and was soundly defeated.

Circled the wagons and took an appointment to work in the Engler administration in some Agriculture job. Tried to get the GOP nomination for governor twice to run against Granholm coming up short both times.

As AG he's gone aganst the Federal government several times and lost. Been angling to be the 2018 GOP candidate for governor since being elected AG. One of the first MI GOP elected officials to endorse Trump.

He's agressively investigating and prosecuting people involved in the Flint water mess. Cynics think a major reason is to distance himself from the Snyder administration to help win in the Nov '18 general election for governor.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-12-23, 08:40

Well he fought against Medical Cannabis and same-sex marriage in Michigan so I don't really like the guy much. With that said I do appreciate that he's finally going after some of the crooks involved in the Flint water crisis.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-23, 09:13

Cameron wrote:Just curious.

An absolute puke. I got in on the hate early back when he was a US House member in the mid 80s.

A political opportunist with no true convictions or principles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-23, 13:06

I think I helped campaign for him when I was in high school. I think I did it for extra credit in a class. Please forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-12-24, 20:14

AnomanderRake wrote:Well he fought against Medical Cannabis and same-sex marriage in Michigan so I don't really like the guy much. With that said I do appreciate that he's finally going after some of the crooks involved in the Flint water crisis.
That's basically where I'm at.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-28, 10:54

Oh Oh
Looks like Schutte's office signed off on some of the same stuff Schutte's trying to use as the Flint mess leverage to become a "Man of The People"

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/flint-water-crisis/2016/12/27/schuettes-office-okd-flint-order-alleged-tainted-water-crimes/95867220/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-28, 11:26

Snyder is the biggest fucking pussy in the world. He should be impeached. If it was my kid who was poisoned I'd go to jail getting justice.

"In a Dec. 21 interview with the Free Press, Gov. Rick Snyder said he wouldn't speculate on what effect the recent criminal charges could have on the future of the KWA project. But he said the state extensively reviewed the pros and cons of the KWA with Mayor Karen Weaver and other Flint officials after the state acknowledged the lead contamination of Flint's drinking water, around Oct. 1, 2015, and "the city itself made the determination that they want to move forward with the KWA."
Asked whether he had any role in approving the administrative consent order, Snyder said: "I have no recollection of that, at all."

Let me clear it up:

Snyder appoints an emergency manager who forces the cities elected officials to do things, then when shit hits the fan he says "well the city agreed to it".
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down