Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup?

+15
AnomanderRake
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
InTenSity
DWags
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
Steve81
Clarett's Folly
MattyFresh
Herbie Green
Da Mayor
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? Empty Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup?

Post by Da Mayor Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:02 pm

It sure looks like Izzo is going to go with all 4 freshmen starting (once Bridges gets back), but I wonder if the PG spot is more unsettled after Nairn's performance last night. Everything seems to run much more smoothly with Winston in there, but I suspect Izzo is going to start Nairn for at least the next few games.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? Empty Re: Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup?

Post by Herbie Green Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:15 pm

If Tum Tum is starting that will be a very bad sign for this team because it mean our freshman sensation got hurt or fell apart
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? Empty Re: Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup?

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:15 pm

Nairn is an NFL prospect, why talk about the basketball team?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:17 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Nairn is an NFL prospect, why talk about the basketball team?

Nairn Island
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:23 pm

MattyFresh wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Nairn is an NFL prospect, why talk about the basketball team?

Nairn Island

Is that when he's at the top of the arc all alone, unguarded, because the defense has no respect for his broken-ass jumper?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve81 Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:27 pm

I would still start Winston. The offense runs so much better with him. He had a bad game last night. It was his first road big ten game. He needs to keep his confidence.
Steve81
Steve81
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:27 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Nairn Island

Is that when he's at the top of the arc all alone, unguarded, because the defense has no respect for his broken-ass jumper?

Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? 1966794946
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:32 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Nairn Island

I think you just made Nairn Island a permanent part of my vernacular
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:44 pm

No  

His value is to come off the bench as a go like hell, catch me if you can player.
Winston can play fast and Nairn is Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? 4198636888 faster
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:47 pm

The Coach seems to like guys that play good defense.  Not sure some of you have noticed.

(I still think Winston starts.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:49 pm

NigelUno wrote:The Coach seems to like guys that play good defense.  Not sure some of you have noticed.

I notice that and it appears Izzo view of Winston is he will tolerate defensive lapses more because Winston also has an offensive upside.

If defense was the only metric Winston wouldn't be seeing the minutes like he got in last night's first half.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:01 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:The Coach seems to like guys that play good defense.  Not sure some of you have noticed.

I notice that and it appears Izzo view of Winston is he will tolerate defensive lapses more because Winston also has an offensive upside.

If defense was the only metric Winston wouldn't be seeing the minutes like he got in last night's first half.

Not the only metric, but...we were down by 13 in the 1st Half.

Getting in foul trouble isn't going to help his playing time.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Trust me. If izzo feels Nairn in the lineup disrupts the flow and efficiency of the opponents PG and ability to run their offense, Nairn will get his minutes.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:23 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Trust me. If izzo feels Nairn in the lineup disrupts the flow and efficiency of the opponents PG and ability to run their offense, Nairn will get his minutes.

Agree. But at what point does our offense efficiency become more important than disrupting the opponent's?
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Tum Tum isn't even that great of a defender.

The ship has already sailed. Someone throw Nigel a line if he is ready to board.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:12 pm

What are these rumors I'm hearing about Tum Tum entering the NFL combine in the spring? Is this true?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:14 pm

Herbie Green wrote:Tum Tum isn't even that great of a defender.

Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? 502811600

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:23 pm

Turtleneck wrote:What are these rumors I'm hearing about Tum Tum entering the NFL combine in the spring? Is this true?

I think he's actually taller than peppers with only one less interceptions in zero games played.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:07 am

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Tum Tum isn't even that great of a defender.

Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? 502811600

Tum is averaging 0.8 steals per 40, 0.6 for his career.

Winston averages 1.7
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:18 am

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Winston averages 1.7
Are comparing a guy who has 40 or 50 games under his belt to someone who has played in 11? C'mon man, that's a bit misleading. Lets see where things shake out by the end of February.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:29 am

InTenSity wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Winston averages 1.7
Are comparing a guy who has 40 or 50 games under his belt to someone who has played in 11? C'mon man, that's a bit misleading. Lets see where things shake out by the end of February.

That's Herbie Logic for ya.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:33 am

InTenSity wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Winston averages 1.7

The next game is tomorrow, not the end of February and Izzo will have to pick a starter for it (ie, the title of this thread)
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:34 am

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Winston averages 1.7

That means Nairn isn't a good defender? Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? 502811600

Winston had 2 steals against Minnesota. Nairn had 0. That means Nairn isn't a good defender? Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? 502811600

How many fouls did Winston have against Minnesota?

Do you even watch the games?

Why do you think Nairn plays? Why did you think Ellis and Langford played a ton against Minnesota? Is it because Izzo values good defense? This isn't a new concept. He's been our coach for awhile now.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:35 am

Death Roe wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Yeah, why would I want to use actual games played from this season as logic. I should use smilies (Nigel logic) or future games that haven't been played (InTenSity logic)
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:38 am

InTenSity wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Winston averages 1.7

And 25% of Winston's steals came in one game against Mississippi Valley State...a team that is currently 0-13.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:38 am

Herbie Green wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Yeah, why would I want to use actual games played from this season as logic. I should use smilies (Nigel logic) or future games that haven't been played (InTenSity logic)
Because the sample size isn't even close to being the same. That's why. That being said, I think Winston should start and Tum should come off the bench. I don't think you can use the first 10-11 games for one player and compare them to a 3rd year player. I do think you could use the stats for a 2nd year player vs a 3rd or 4th year player though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:39 am

InTenSity wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Because the sample size isn't even close to being the same. That's why. That being said, I think Winston should start and Tum should come off the bench. I don't think you can use the first 10-11 games for one player and compare them to a 3rd year player. I do think you could use the stats for a 2nd year player vs a 3rd or 4th year player though.

Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:40 am

Herbie Green wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Actual games...like the Minnesota game?

What logic did you use for that 10 minute "move on" stat you made up? I'm still kind of waiting on the game logs for that...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:48 am

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Winston averages 1.7

That means Nairn isn't a good defender? Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? 502811600

Winston had 2 steals against Minnesota. Nairn had 0. That means Nairn isn't a good defender? Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? 502811600

Why do you think Nairn plays? Why did you think Ellis and Langford played a ton against Minnesota? Is it because Izzo values good defense? This isn't a new concept. He's been our coach for awhile now.

So do you think Izzo will return Tum to the starting lineup?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:51 am

InTenSity wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Well, this is Tum's 3rd year and he is 0.6, 0.6, 0.8. And that is his steals per game not points in case there is confusion.

Do you expect Winston to get worse? Is that why Izzo moved gim into starting lineup?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:54 am

InTenSity wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Yeah, why would I want to use actual games played from this season as logic.  I should use smilies (Nigel logic) or future games that haven't been played (InTenSity logic)

Well, this is Tum's 3rd year and he is 0.6, 0.6, 0.8.  And that is his steals per game not points in case there is confusion.

Do you expect Winston to get worse?  Is that why Izzo moved gim into starting lineup?
NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

What logic did you use for that 10 minute "move on" stat you made up? I'm still kind of waiting on the game logs for that...

Do you think Tum will return to the starting lineup based on this one game? Do you really want me to post Tums stats from other games? I already told you he had zero points in the last two games. I am sure he probably averaged 13 like Minny game if I looked it up though
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:58 am

This thread. Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:00 am

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

No. I think Winston starts the rest of the way. Izzo will live with the freshman mistakes. The kid is going to be special but right now he is still learning and his lack of athleticism does hurt him a bit.

Now if Tum plays like he did Tuesday night it's a huge bonus for this team. He will still be the back-up but his role will be clearly defined.

I like the PG position on this team.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:06 am

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

That means Nairn isn't a good defender?  Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? 502811600

Winston had 2 steals against Minnesota.  Nairn had 0.  That means Nairn isn't a good defender?   Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? 502811600

Why do you think Nairn plays?  Why did you think Ellis and Langford played a ton against Minnesota?  Is it because Izzo values good defense?  This isn't a new concept.  He's been our coach for awhile now.

Uh, Herbie?

I already said (in this thread) that I still think Winston starts.  Seems like your reading comprehension is as bad as your Chicken Little in-game (and other) analysis.

Last edited by NigelUno on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:06 am

duffy munn wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

No. I think Winston starts the rest of the way. Izzo will live with the freshman mistakes. The kid is going to be special but right now he is still learning and his lack of athleticism does hurt him a bit.

Now if Tum plays like he did Tuesday night it's a huge bonus for this team. He will still be the back-up but his role will be clearly defined.

Good post. Can you send Nigel a pm?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:08 am

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Good post. Can you send Nigel a pm?

Again...I already said (in this thread) that I think Winston still starts.

Your logic and analysis need some serious work.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:11 am

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Uh, Herbie?

I already said (in this thread) that I still think Winston starts.  Seems like your reading comprehension is as bad as your Chicken Little in-game (and other) analysis.

So basically you are just talking about nothing. Got it.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:16 am

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Uh, Herbie?

So basically you are just talking about nothing. Got it.

If the entire basis of your flawed analysis/logic was the idea that you thought I said Nairn would start...then, it seems that you've been talking about nothing.

So, again...let me suggest that you work on your reading comprehension and your in-game (and other) analysis.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:17 am

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Lets make this like one of those SAT logic questions. Which 3 numbers are more likely to follow this series: 1,0,0,3,2,0,4,13,0,0,0,1,0,3,0,4,1,0,0,0,13?

A. 17,11,13

B. 0,3,1
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:18 am

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Lets make this like one of those SAT logic questions. Which 3 numbers are more likely to follow this series: 1,0,0,3,2,0,4,13,0,0,0,1,0,3,0,4,1,0,0,0,13?

A. 17,11,13

B. 0,3,1

10 minute Herbie has "moved on". Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next