Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup?

+15
AnomanderRake
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
InTenSity
DWags
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
Steve81
Clarett's Folly
MattyFresh
Herbie Green
Da Mayor
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup?

Post by DWags 2017-01-12, 22:06

Herbie Green wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Why do you have to play 20 questions to drag out every one of your assinine arguments?  If you are talking about Tum Tum's big 13 point night I already went over that the last time he scored 13 points.  And then what happened?
He has now scored 13 points in three games this season. But he has scored 5 or less in the other 15.  All told that puts him at a career high 4.3 points a game this season.  Is there some kind of Kaplan course you can take about basketball so you can follow along?
I am afraid I don't have any more patience to wait for you to catch up from a month ago as I moved on to passing a week ago.  Watching Tum Tum push the ball and never dish for an easy hoop is driving me nuts.  For a player of his size and speed it should be one of his biggest weapons to be a D1 point guard.  Then I look it up and he had 1 assist.  He had 2 in the PSU game you have been wanting so bad to talk about.  He hasn't had 5 assists in a game since 12/10.  Winston is averaging 5.9/game and leads the Big Ten.  That's in just 20 minutes a game which is unbelievable.
Now in Tum's defense one possible explanation for his lack of assists on the break is that he is so fast maybe no one else is able to keep up and fill the lanes to be in position.  I don't know.

I think this is certainly what is going on Dwags  But as Cash has the higher ceiling that is the one we want performing at his highest level, especially because his play is contagious.  But that hasn't been happening the last few games.  Fortunately Tum Tum has actually elevated his play.

I only want the hot guy. I get how good Winston could become. I absolutely get it. I've been at four games now and have watched him fuck up too. I don't want Izzo playing for the future. I want this team to play the hot guy irregardless of the future or loyalty. I hope Izzo understands we are on the brink of not making the tournament. Every game is important and we'll have to upset one of the better teams now to get in. No more practice time or thoughts of next year. Win now, do it with whoever the fuck you have to do it with.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup?

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-15, 16:59

Herbie Green wrote:How the hell does Tum Tum get only 1 assist last night?

Everytime he pushes the ball down the court it is a fastbreak to nowhere besides the rare few times he goes all the way himself and doesn't get it packed.

Suspect
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-15, 17:01

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:I noticed he wasn't afraid to get in Bridges face last night. I think being a team leader is more than stats.  

Yeah but being a good passer is also an important attribute for a point guard, especially so for one that doesn't shoot.  

Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? - Page 3 38-20e3

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-15, 17:16

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:How the hell does Tum Tum get only 1 assist last night?

Everytime he pushes the ball down the court it is a fastbreak to nowhere besides the rare few times he goes all the way himself and doesn't get it packed.

Suspect

Should I bump all your scoring celebrations from the Penn State game now that he followed it up with 3 and 4?

Tum Tum was actually a disaster in this game even with his 8 assists. Most of them were the result of players making long jump shots. He did have one nice dime on a drive and dish. Unfortunately the guy he was guarding had 22 and 6, he had some bad turnovers, and spent half the game on offense dribbling out the first 20 seconds of the shot clock only to give it to someone else at the 3 point line and say "here you take it".
But congrats on this little twig you found in the forest
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-15, 17:17

Herbie, you need to find new metaphors to use.

Have a good night. :)
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-15, 17:17

Lol, you are really actually celebrating this?!

Good lord
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-23, 12:46

Couch: Cassius Winston's casual 'D' lessening his value
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-01-23, 12:50

NigelUno wrote:Couch: Cassius Winston's casual 'D' lessening his value

You and Duffy are shills for the athletic department.

(Tanny, I saved you a post. You're welcome.)
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-23, 14:39

Lol, Nigel is desperate.

The thing I have always wondered, and correct me if I am wrong, is why Nigel and his band seem to think supporting guys like Tum Tum and Maxwell and assistant football coaches is defending MSU's honor. It seems they have to celebrate the failures of certain MSU players to maintain what they see as this pro-MSU stance.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-01-23, 14:57

Herbie Green wrote:Lol, Nigel is desperate.

The thing I have always wondered, and correct me if I am wrong, is why Nigel and his band seem to think supporting guys like Tum Tum and Maxwell and assistant football coaches is defending MSU's honor. It seems they have to celebrate the failures of certain MSU players to maintain what they see as this pro-MSU stance.
I'll explain some of my thoughts. Although I don't really defend players that much anymore, neither do I disparage them.
The players chose to come to MSU, they were selected by the coaches as being good enough to be able to play, whether or not that comes to fruition is hard to tell when they're 16-18 years old. Win or lose, those players also have another set of rules that they have to follow. For better or worse, for 4 years, probably 95% of the players who sign a scholarship are going to be at the school. This isn't the pro's where they can become free agents, and for the most part I don't like that other schools find ways to break their promises to young men and women, to make room for the next supposedly best thing, if that person doesn't pan out.
Is a player above criticism, not really, although I'm not going to criticize too much, since I just don't have that expertise. I'd like to think that once one of our coaches gives his 'word', that his word means something, especially for something as important as possibly leaving with a degree once they finish their time at the school.

Coaches can be a different matter, they are paid with real money, they can leave whenever they want, so I think they're more fair game. I also think some coaches should have more string than others.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-23, 15:07

Right Intensity, but when peeps defend coaches after losing it often boils down to "it isn't the coaches fault the players suck". Or in the case of Maxwell, TOC or Tum they will perceive them to be the coaches favorites so they support those players over others because they think they are supporting the coaches and therefore MSU.
So I think what you are saying is that these guys kind of have it all backwords by defending coaches over players since they are the ones making the big salaries.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-01-23, 15:12

I was just hopping in with my philosophy. I know other people think differently. I think 90% of the time the coaches go with the best option they have, and sometimes that option isn't very good. Is it the fault of the player? I'm not sure, is it the fault of the coach, that they couldn't forecast 2-4 years in the future to see what kind of player a HS kid would be? Were there injuries involved?
One of my criticisms of Dantonio is that since he doesn't like to run up the score, I don't think our backup QB's get enough trash time before their ready to take over, then when they're thrown to the fire, glaring issues come out. I don't really voice that opinion, mainly because I don't feel I know enough about football to know what decisions are made based on other factors.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-23, 15:34

Tum tum is da shit, yo!!
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-23, 15:35

dude, he and muffy are shills.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-01-23, 16:40

tanfan! wrote:

dude, he and muffy are shills.

Goddammit Tanny. I saved you from having to make that post.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-23, 17:23

Herbie Green wrote:...It seems they have to celebrate the failures of certain MSU players...

Well...that seems like an odd statement coming from you.

But...you love Tum Tum right? I mean...you said you did...we should just ignore all your posts that suggest otherwise.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-23, 17:25

Herbie Green wrote:...but when peeps defend coaches after losing...

And there you have it...Herbie is a message board genius when MSU loses.

Does Nairn's performance against Minny change your thoughts about the starting lineup? - Page 3 502811600

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2017-01-23, 19:29

I missed the latest swing in the frantic insecurity of the fan mob. Am I supposed to want Tum starting today or not?
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-23, 19:55

For the record I do not love tum tum or think he is a good basketball player. I'm surprised we couldn't find a better plan D. Where the hell else did he has offers from cruitnicks?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-23, 19:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:For the record I do not love tum tum or think he is a good basketball player. I'm surprised we couldn't find a better plan D. Where the hell else did he has offers from cruitnicks?

Minnesota
Oklahoma
Indiana
Arkansas
Creighton
Kansas
Iowa
Memphis
..............and many more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-23, 20:13

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:For the record I do not love tum tum or think he is a good basketball player. I'm surprised we couldn't find a better plan D. Where the hell else did he has offers from cruitnicks?

Minnesota
Oklahoma
Indiana
Arkansas
Creighton
Kansas
Iowa
Memphis

Further proof that recruiting is a complete crap shoot. Wow! (Not buying the IU and Kansas offers though)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-23, 20:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Minnesota
Oklahoma
Indiana
Arkansas
Creighton
Kansas
Iowa
Memphis

Further proof that recruiting is a complete crap shoot. Wow! (Not buying the IU and Kansas offers though)

OTPT? I wouldn't lie to you....and if I recall correctly this came down to a heated battle between Crean and Izzo. I'm old and could be wrong though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-23, 20:33

LooseGoose wrote:

Minnesota
Oklahoma
Indiana
Arkansas
Creighton
Kansas
Iowa
Memphis

so is it safe to say, Izzo ruined him?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-23, 20:36

Google is so wonderful at times....

Lourawls “Tum Tum” Nairn, a point guard from Wichita (Kan.) Sunrise Christian, has narrowed his college choices to three with Indiana on the list.

Minnesota and Oklahoma are the other two teams on his list. Per that Scout.com report, Nairn will visit Indiana on the weekend of Sept 20-21.

Indiana among final three for Lourawls “Tum Tum” Nairn

I will be announcing my college decision this Thursday 10 am at my
high school..
#Minnesota
#MichiganState
#Indiana
#Blessed
Nairn made his final official visit this past weekend to Indiana. That
followed trips to Minnesota, Oklahoma and Michigan State, his other
finalists.

Thursday is the day for Nairn
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-23, 20:38

I love that article by Couch "although MSU actually outscored IU when Winston was in the game and IU guards scored at will on Tum Tum...."

I mean he is actually right that Cash's defense stinks but why even put it in the context of Tum Tum? I guess we are screwed either way
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-23, 20:41

Alright the Kansas "offer" was bullshit.

I just hope Izzo learned his lesson recruiting a player with zero offensive ability.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-23, 20:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Alright the Kansas "offer" was bullshit.

I'd lean to agreeing with you on this one. If Self wanted a kid from KS, he would get him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-01-23, 20:48

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Alright the Kansas "offer" was bullshit.

I'd lean to agreeing with you on this one. If Self wanted a kid from KS, he would get him.
None of you read about his charter school, huh?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-23, 21:19

InTenSity wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I did not, but I am not the charter school type.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-23, 22:09

Herbie Green wrote:I love that article by Couch "although MSU actually outscored IU when Winston was in the game and IU guards scored at will on Tum Tum...."

I mean he is actually right that Cash's defense stinks but why even put it in the context of Tum Tum? I guess we are screwed either way

Hey, Herbie?

You kind of lose credibility when you make up quotes.

It makes you look...desperate.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-24, 00:02

Lol Nigel dig for that acorn man.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-24, 00:16

Here are Nairn's stats for his first three years
19.4 minutes, 2.4 assists, 2.2 points
18.7 minutes, 3.3 assists, 2.8 points
24.4 minutes, 3.8 assists, 4.2 points

I mean it is just going to be tough to win games with that kind of production especially when the opposing point guard is scoring 30 but what do I know
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-24, 03:26

Herbie Green wrote:Here are Nairn's stats for his first three years

I mean it is just going to be tough to win games with that kind of production especially when the opposing point guard is scoring 30 but what do I know
Don't you dare go after an msu player!!!!
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve81 2017-01-24, 07:04

Herbie Green wrote:Here are Nairn's stats for his first three years

He isn't getting better
Steve81
Steve81
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-24, 07:56

Herbie Green wrote:Lol Nigel dig for that acorn man.

Hey "Herbie"?

Why did you make up that quote?

You lose credibility when you just flat out make stuff up. This is also known as...lying.

And also..."Herbie"?

It doesn't seem like you're ignoring me anymore.

If you're just going to make up quotes (i.e., lie), maybe you should go back to ignoring me.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-24, 08:08

Is this a three page thread on just Tum Tum? Jesus.

Oh, Nigel is fighting with someone. Now it makes sense.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-01-24, 08:20

InTenSity wrote:

Basically he was 'recruited' in the Bahama's to play for a school. That school was run out of a strip mall and I think he had to share a house or a room with most the other kids in the school. There was a story a year or 2 ago about it. He might have played in Kansas, but it wasn't like the school was some prevalent prep school or even a HS.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-24, 08:54

Herbie?

Do you prefer "Lying Herbie" or "Lyin' Herbie"?

I'll go with the latter for now.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-24, 09:48

InTenSity wrote:

Basically he was 'recruited' in the Bahama's to play for a school. That school was run out of a strip mall and I think he had to share a house or a room with most the other kids in the school. There was a story a year or 2 ago about it. He might have played in Kansas, but it wasn't like the school was some prevalent prep school or even a HS.

So the sap story got him offers or what? Not trying to be a dick just missing your point here
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-01-24, 10:23

InTenSity wrote:

So the sap story got him offers or what? Not trying to be a dick just missing your point here
You said if he was any good and played in Kansas, that Self would get him. The Kansas team he played for, I don't think really played in Kansas. Oh, fuck it, he sucks, never should have left the Bahama's and the team that ended up recruiting him really fucked up with plans A-D went to other schools. Burn him at the stake.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next