Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+35
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
Cameron
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
SawGreen
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
The Pantry
Space Lord
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Free Plax
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Stymie2000
CheesySpartan
DWags
Herbie Green
xsanguine
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
39 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by steveschneider Fri 27 Jul 2018 - 22:49

Watching the og oceans 11. So good. Dean Martin is inspiring me to be a better drunk. No shame in that right?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 27 Jul 2018 - 22:52

Jesus Steve. You thought that was good? I tried to watch it a few years ago. Huge Sinatra guy here. I mean the robbery sequence was basically the Rice offense.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 27 Jul 2018 - 23:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Jesus Steve. You thought that was good? I tried to watch it a few years ago. Huge Sinatra guy here. I mean the robbery sequence was basically the Rice offense.

Yeah, I’m a sucker for the classics and old Hollywood. I love the aesthetic of real film and Italian films. From the bicycle thief to 8 1/2 all the way up to good fellas.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 28 Jul 2018 - 2:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Jesus Steve. You thought that was good? I tried to watch it a few years ago. Huge Sinatra guy here. I mean the robbery sequence was basically the Rice offense.

I doubt you’re really that fat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 28 Jul 2018 - 2:09

steveschneider wrote:

Yeah, I’m a sucker for the classics and old Hollywood. I love the aesthetic of real film and Italian films. From the bicycle thief to 8 1/2 all the way up to good fellas.

In before Pylon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sat 28 Jul 2018 - 13:31

WBH we just met Tim and Crissy. They are showing a new episode that doesn't air for another week or two.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 28 Jul 2018 - 13:45

Is Tim as socially graceful irl as he is on the show?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 28 Jul 2018 - 14:47

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

In before Pylon.  

When was this movie made? The 50's? It's probably trash then.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 5:57

Watched 21 last night. The theme has been gambling films this weekend. Obviously a fictionalization and hard to believe at points. Card counting is fascinating and got me interested to read further into the MIT Blackjack Club.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 9:08

Rear Window is from the 50’s. Love that film.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 10:40

Money Monster was pretty good. Of course, Mrs. GW loved it because Clooney.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 10:46

tGreenWay wrote:Money Monster was pretty good. Of course, Mrs. GW loved it because Clooney.

I’ll check it out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 15:17

tGreenWay wrote:Money Monster was pretty good. Of course, Mrs. GW loved it because Clooney.
Rosemary?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 23:10

I just watched Gone Girl. What in the motherfucker?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 23:23

I.B. Fine wrote:
Rosemary?

Yes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 23:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I just watched Gone Girl. What in the motherfucker?

Yeah Ben Afflecks butt was cute :)
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 23:25

Yeah, but Rosamund Pike...
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 0:04

Great movie
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 0:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Great movie

It was OK
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 8:59

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 22:06

Saw Jurassic World 2 tonight. I was surprised at the end, not at the ending, but at the sudden abrupt end of the fight. Entertaining and good to see in the big screen.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 15:49

Rocinante wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Great movie

It was OK

Manchester by the Sea was better. But Casey is just a better actor than Ben.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 22:02

New episode of Detroiters in 28 minutes on Comedy Central.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 22:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:New episode of Detroiters in 28 minutes on Comedy Central.

Is this the 2nd or 3rd season? I watched the 1st few episodes a long time ago and kinda gave up on it.....the continued enthusiasm is close to inspiring me to go back and try again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 22:05

Season 2.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 22:58

Just watched Detroit by Kathryn Bigelow. Pretty damn heavy.

Last film I saw by her was Hurt Locker in the theater. Really Director if you ask me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 23:02

steveschneider wrote:Just watched Detroit by Kathryn Bigelow. Pretty damn heavy.

Last film I saw by her was Hurt Locker in the theater. Really Director if you ask me.

My wife lived it. Fathers funeral home burnt, he was protecting her. As an undergrad history guy, I was amazed by it. Can’t imagine my little 4 year old wife, scared shitless.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 23:09

Idk what either of you are saying
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 23:12

Lol CB.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 23:30

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Just watched Detroit by Kathryn Bigelow. Pretty damn heavy.

My wife lived it. Fathers funeral home burnt, he was protecting her. As an undergrad history guy, I was amazed by it. Can’t imagine my little 4 year old wife, scared shitless.

That’s intense. Yeah, watching it I couldn’t even imagine what that would have been like. I agree with you I was drawn in to the film. All of her stuff is so visual and the acting is always top knotch.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 23:32

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Idk what either of you are saying

2017 film about the Detroit Riots but it focuses on an event at the Algiers Hotel and the trial.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 10:16

Did some reading on Kathryn Bigelows work - Point Break is an obvious one and always entertaining. Didn’t realize she made Near Dark and Blue Steel as well. I remember seeing Blue Steel back in the day on HBO and remember it having me on the edge of my seat. Really enjoyed Near Dark and Lost Boys. 80s Vampire films were the best.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 11:17

Watched Black Mass last night. Not as good as The Departed, but the common theme is correct: Whitey Bulger is a psycho.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 11:47

tGreenWay wrote:Watched Black Mass last night. Not as good as The Departed, but the common theme is correct: Whitey Bulger is a psycho.

I have a friend who’s cousin was a hitman for Bulger. He never made it to retirement.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 16:01

tGreenWay wrote:Watched Black Mass last night. Not as good as The Departed, but the common theme is correct: Whitey Bulger is a psycho.

Johnny Depp was amazing in that movie. Should've won the Oscar.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 23:22

The greatest showman. Wow. Watch it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 0:56

Death Roe wrote:

Johnny Depp was amazing in that movie. Should've won the Oscar.

Damn creepy in that old man makeup. You could barely tell it was Depp.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 0:57

steveschneider wrote:

I have a friend who’s cousin was a hitman for Bulger. He never made it to retirement.

Sounds like you’re saying he got involuntary retirement, instead.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 2:10

DWags wrote:The greatest showman. Wow. Watch it.

Weird. We just watched this with the 8yo today. I was not impressed. I mean, great songs, but they seemed like they were written for a different musical.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 21:38

S4 premiere Better Call Saul on right now
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next