Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+35
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
Cameron
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
SawGreen
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
The Pantry
Space Lord
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Free Plax
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Stymie2000
CheesySpartan
DWags
Herbie Green
xsanguine
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
39 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by NigelUno 2018-08-14, 21:33

They remade...

Suspect
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-08-14, 21:37

No Meg reviews from tSwill?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-14, 21:56

Did anyone give the hbo series sharp objects a try yet
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-15, 08:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:No Meg reviews from tSwill?

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-08-15, 08:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:No Meg reviews from tSwill?

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 24 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-08-15, 08:26

BTW, we should have an epic rant on CBS remaking Magnum, right? TBF, I didn't watch it all that much, but it seems like remaking it is the sign of desperation.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-15, 08:31

Finally got around to watching Three Billboards the other night.. quite excellent.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-15, 09:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:BTW, we should have an epic rant on CBS remaking Magnum, right? TBF, I didn't watch it all that much, but it seems like remaking it is the sign of desperation.

I've never seen an episode - but if you think of movies and TV about 40% of it seems to be remakes. They need to start looking for creative types again, it's pretty sad to be continually recycling crap from 30-40 years ago.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-08-15, 10:07

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:BTW, we should have an epic rant on CBS remaking Magnum, right? TBF, I didn't watch it all that much, but it seems like remaking it is the sign of desperation.

I've never seen an episode - but if you think of movies and TV about 40% of it seems to be remakes. They need to start looking for creative types again, it's pretty sad to be continually recycling crap from 30-40 years ago.

They cancel the good stuff because no one watches, NBC cancer timeless after two seasons and that was good tv. HBO and Showtime just dominating the television market and for good reason they put out quality stuff.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-15, 10:21

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

They cancel the good stuff because no one watches, NBC cancer timeless after two seasons and that was good tv. HBO and Showtime just dominating the television market and for good reason they put out quality stuff.

I met a writer for the upcoming Murphy Brown show a few weeks back. Told me how frustrating it is to be a tv writer these days, any of her new fresh ideas never make it past development because everyone wants re-makes.

Compared to when I was a kid we have 100's of channels vs the 20 or so channels we had on the cable box and all we are seeing is remakes of the shows that used to occupy those 20 channels.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-15, 10:30

steveschneider wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I met a writer for the upcoming Murphy Brown show a few weeks back. Told me how frustrating it is to be a tv writer these days, any of her new fresh ideas never make it past development because everyone wants re-makes.

Compared to when I was a kid we have 100's of channels vs the 20 or so channels we had on the cable box and all we are seeing is remakes of the shows that used to occupy those 20 channels.

They're remaking Murphy Brown? tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 24 1401550746
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-15, 10:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

They're remaking Murphy Brown? tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 24 1401550746

Yep. Let’s not forget they remade a three Stooges movie. There’s no bottom with these folks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-08-15, 10:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Not it's a not a remake. It's new episodes with Candace Bergen herself.

I mean, what's next? Brand new episodes of Moonlighting with Bruce Wills or ER with George Clooney?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-15, 13:05

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Just finished Westworld Season 2....

Who the what the f is... huh?

Yeah pretty much. I think the writers got pissed that everyone figured out what was going on in the first season and said, "Oh yeah? Figure this shit out."
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-15, 13:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Just finished Westworld Season 2....

Who the what the f is... huh?

Yeah pretty much. I think the writers got pissed that everyone figured out what was going on in the first season and said, "Oh yeah? Figure this shit out."

Way too many dongs too. I have esteem issues. Don't need to see all those dongs.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-16, 08:02

Possible heartbreak for WBH:

'Detroiters' wraps strong second season, but will it survive?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-16, 22:37

Detroiters finale right now on Comedy Central. Need viewers. Tune in.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-08-17, 22:57

I don't think it's coming back my dude. :(
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-18, 00:23

I'm thinking you're probably 75% right on. But I'm holding out hope.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-08-18, 06:52

Better Call Saul viewership is down. But, what surprises me is the ratings chart at the bottom. 'merica...

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-august-13-2018/
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-08-18, 08:18

SawGreen wrote:Better Call Saul viewership is down. But, what surprises me is the ratings chart at the bottom. 'merica...

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-august-13-2018/
TBF, it is summer, there isn't a lot of new scripted programming on.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-08-18, 11:02

SawGreen wrote:Better Call Saul viewership is down. But, what surprises me is the ratings chart at the bottom. 'merica...

A notriously slow show takes over a year off and then comes out of the gate with a really slow episode. I'm not shocked. Though to be fair the second ep moved better and it was more enjoyable
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tek Jansen 2018-08-20, 13:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Did anyone give the hbo series sharp objects a try yet

I've been following it - for those not familiar, Sharp Objects is an 8 episode mini-series starring Amy Adams as an alcoholic journalist who moves back to her home town in Missouri to cover a murder investigation of young girls. The show is based on the a book by Gillian Flynn, the author of Gone Girl.

The show is a little slow moving but picks up intrigue as it gets deeper into the story. Amy Adams' performance has been great and Patricia Clarkson plays such a great asshole mother (playing a character similar to Tammy I from Parks & Rec). Early on in the show a lot of Led Zeppelin and a lot of trippy intercuts and flashbacks.
Tek Jansen
Tek Jansen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-20, 14:19

I love Amy Adams and she's actually the same age as me, so that's ok.  

Also, her birthday is today which I just found out when I was googling and ogling her.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-20, 14:56

Tek Jansen wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Did anyone give the hbo series sharp objects a try yet

I've been following it - for those not familiar, Sharp Objects is an 8 episode mini-series starring Amy Adams as an alcoholic journalist who moves back to her home town in Missouri to cover a murder investigation of young girls. The show is based on the a book by Gillian Flynn, the author of Gone Girl.

The show is a little slow moving but picks up intrigue as it gets deeper into the story. Amy Adams' performance has been great and Patricia Clarkson plays such a great asshole mother (playing a character similar to Tammy I from Parks & Rec). Early on in the show a lot of Led Zeppelin and a lot of trippy intercuts and flashbacks
Thanks Tek!   

Post more.  People would really appreciate having something to read other than my drivel.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-20, 15:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Tek Jansen wrote:

The show is a little slow moving but picks up intrigue as it gets deeper into the story. Amy Adams' performance has been great and Patricia Clarkson plays such a great asshole mother (playing a character similar to Tammy I from Parks & Rec). Early on in the show a lot of Led Zeppelin and a lot of trippy intercuts and flashbacks
Thanks Tek!   

Post more.  People would really appreciate having something to read other than my drivel.

Word. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 24 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-08-22, 09:01

Episode 33 of BB had Jesse gunning down Gale. Ep 33 of BCS has Gale singing the periodic table.

The nacho stuff was good but knowing Gus's fate really doesn't give me much urgency to that plotline.

Having Mike MIA most of ep hurt
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-22, 09:14

I don't know exactly when but DISH has added MeTV.....it's like my childhood all over again. both the 1st run and the repeats that were on then.

Shows

Sitcoms
ALF
The Andy Griffith Show †
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Brady Bunch
Diff'rent Strokes
The Facts of Life
Gilligan's Island
Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.
Green Acres (beginning September 8, 2018)
Hogan's Heroes
The Jeffersons
Leave It to Beaver
The Love Boat
Mama's Family
M*A*S*H
The Odd Couple (leaving September 2, 2018)
My Three Sons
Petticoat Junction
WKRP In Cincinnati
(†) - In markets where another station is airing The Andy Griffith Show, MeTV airs Hogan's Heroes in its place.[1]

Drama
77 Sunset Strip
Cannon
Charlie's Angels
Diagnosis: Murder
The Fugitive
In the Heat of the Night (beginning September 3, 2018)
Mannix
Matlock
Perry Mason
Peter Gunn
Touched by an Angel
The Untouchables

Sci-Fi/Superhero
Batman (leaving September 1, 2018)
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (beginning September 8, 2018)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Land of the Giants
Lost in Space
Star Trek (leaving September 1, 2018)
Swamp Thing:The Series
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Wonder Woman

Westerns
The Big Valley
Bonanza
Gunsmoke
Have Gun, Will Travel
Maverick
Rawhide
The Rifleman
Trackdown
Wagon Train
Wanted: Dead or Alive
The Wild Wild West

Anthology
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Night Gallery
The Twilight Zone
Variety
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-22, 23:34

Sharp objects is really fucking good
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-08-23, 06:33

LooseGoose wrote:I don't know exactly when but DISH has added MeTV.....it's like my childhood all over again. both the 1st run and the repeats that were on then.

Shows

Sitcoms
ALF
The Andy Griffith Show †
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Brady Bunch
Diff'rent Strokes
The Facts of Life
Gilligan's Island
Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.
Green Acres (beginning September 8, 2018)
Hogan's Heroes
The Jeffersons
Leave It to Beaver
The Love Boat
Mama's Family
M*A*S*H
The Odd Couple (leaving September 2, 2018)
My Three Sons
Petticoat Junction
WKRP In Cincinnati
(†) - In markets where another station is airing The Andy Griffith Show, MeTV airs Hogan's Heroes in its place.[1]

Drama
77 Sunset Strip
Cannon
Charlie's Angels
Diagnosis: Murder
The Fugitive
In the Heat of the Night (beginning September 3, 2018)
Mannix
Matlock
Perry Mason
Peter Gunn
Touched by an Angel
The Untouchables

Sci-Fi/Superhero
Batman (leaving September 1, 2018)
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (beginning September 8, 2018)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Land of the Giants
Lost in Space
Star Trek (leaving September 1, 2018)
Swamp Thing:The Series
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Wonder Woman

Westerns
The Big Valley
Bonanza
Gunsmoke
Have Gun, Will Travel
Maverick
Rawhide
The Rifleman
Trackdown
Wagon Train
Wanted: Dead or Alive
The Wild Wild West

Anthology
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Night Gallery
The Twilight Zone
Variety
Yeah, it is good for some classics when in the mood. Antenna is another similar network, though not as strong as MeTV. It is pretty cool to see my daughter enjoy some of my favorite old shows.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-08-23, 07:31

Heroes and Icons is the all Star Trek channel plus they have classic westerns like Have Gun Will Travel and Maverick
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-23, 07:35

Ever since I watched Detroit I’ve been revisiting Kathryn Bigelows catalog. Watched Point Break this weekend. That’s an incredibly entertaining action film and rip Patrick Swayze.

Watching Strange Days last night. James Cameron wrote the script. There’s some pretty bad parts in the film where it really drags but it’s starting to pick up in the end. Seems like the film is referencing the LA Riots.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-08-23, 08:20

steveschneider wrote:Ever since I watched Detroit I’ve been revisiting Kathryn Bigelows catalog. Watched Point Break this weekend. That’s an incredibly entertaining action film and rip Patrick Swayze.

Watching Strange Days last night. James Cameron wrote the script. There’s some pretty bad parts in the film where it really drags but it’s starting to pick up in the end. Seems like the film is referencing the LA Riots.

I'm down with 2K
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-23, 23:37

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Ever since I watched Detroit I’ve been revisiting Kathryn Bigelows catalog. Watched Point Break this weekend. That’s an incredibly entertaining action film and rip Patrick Swayze.

I'm down with 2K

Just finished the film. I gotta say it was really good overall. First half was slow but it established the mood and atmosphere, in the middle is the most disgusting crime and then the last part is Nero and Mason trying to solve the murders and save faith and get justice for that rapper.

Like all of Bigelows films it’s visually stunning. I saw the trailer for her film on elephants. Looks like a complete tear jerker. Can’t believe rich fucks still want ivory. Stopping the poaching of elephants seems like a complete win win you stop funding terrorism and you save elephants.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-24, 08:22

FTR, The book was good. That lady can write some fiction. Interested on reviews of this too.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-24, 10:09

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

FTR, The book was good. That lady can write some fiction. Interested on reviews of this too.

Should have read the book first. I fucked that one up.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-24, 13:13

Has anyone watch The Dark Tower movie? The one with Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughay. I've read all the books and I just refused to watch what they did to get seven books into one movie. I heard they cut out a ton of characters (understandable). I also heard it was pretty much just a shoot em up movie with some shitty CGI magic thrown in.

I really wish they could have sold this to HBO as a series. Oh well.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-24, 13:35

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Has anyone watch The Dark Tower movie? The one with Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughay. I've read all the books and I just refused to watch what they did to get seven books into one movie. I heard they cut out a ton of characters (understandable). I also heard it was pretty much just a shoot em up movie with some shitty CGI magic thrown in.

With such a ringing endorsement, I’m sure the rest of us are eager to watch it now.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 24 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-24, 14:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Has anyone watch The Dark Tower movie? The one with Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughay. I've read all the books and I just refused to watch what they did to get seven books into one movie. I heard they cut out a ton of characters (understandable). I also heard it was pretty much just a shoot em up movie with some shitty CGI magic thrown in.

Shit, now a days they don't even need HBO for that sort of thing. There are a million outlets.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-08-24, 21:34

You guys are probably way ahead of me on this, but Black Sails is pretty good. Just finished season 1.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next