Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+35
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
Cameron
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
SawGreen
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
The Pantry
Space Lord
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Free Plax
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Stymie2000
CheesySpartan
DWags
Herbie Green
xsanguine
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
39 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by InTenSity 2018-01-03, 14:38

AnomanderRake wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Have none of you seen The Raid:Redemption, or whatever its called? You wanted all action and nothing to think about.

The Raid movies are excellent, some of the best fight choreography I've ever seen. Koreans are filming some of the best action and martial arts films out there right now. I highly recommend "The Man From Nowhere".
Oldboy was pretty good. I'm pretty sure I've seen The Man From Nowhere. Netflix has/had a good selection of foreign films.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-04, 00:09

They spatchcocked him.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-04, 00:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They spatchcocked him.

Yep.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-04, 00:13

I love this Cowboy/husband. He can't stop/won't stop. Probably will stop at some point.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-04, 00:18

Chicory is my favorite character.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-05, 00:08

How bad does this “12 strong” movie look?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-05, 04:57

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:How bad does this “12 strong” movie look?

Verrry turrible.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-05, 08:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:How bad does this “12 strong” movie look?

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 R68g0
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-05, 08:39

When a movie releases in January/February, it usually sucks.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-06, 01:29

I started watching Raiders of the Lost Ark earlier. Believe it or not I've never seen it. It was ok. Wife came home and I knew she would want to gab so I had to turn it off. Now I'm ready to watch some more stuff and I couldn't get motivated to turn it back on. Instead I started Godless.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-01-06, 10:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I started watching Raiders of the Lost Ark earlier. Believe it or not I've never seen it. It was ok. Wife came home and I knew she would want to gab so I had to turn it off. Now I'm ready to watch some more stuff and I couldn't get motivated to turn it back on. Instead I started Godless.
I don't know which is worse, that you hadn't ever seen it or that you felt that it was merely "ok". Did OTPT hack your account?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-06, 11:38

Well it was made in '82 so it's cheesy as hell. If you rewatch it with an objective eye and try to take nostalgia out of it, it's not exactly mesmerizing. I mean I want to finish it but it's not like I couldn't put it down.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-06, 11:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Well it was made in '82 so it's cheesy as hell. If you rewatch it with an objective eye and try to take nostalgia out of it, it's not exactly mesmerizing. I mean I want to finish it but it's not like I couldn't put it down.

Remember, these people think Star Wars are quality films.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-06, 11:51

I watched Antonioni’s The Passenger last night. Beautifully shot film, amazing editing and the end is incredible. The pace is pretty slow but captivating. Maria Schneider really lights up the screen with her performance and Jack Nicholson as at the top of his game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-06, 11:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Well it was made in '82 so it's cheesy as hell. If you rewatch it with an objective eye and try to take nostalgia out of it, it's not exactly mesmerizing. I mean I want to finish it but it's not like I couldn't put it down.

The best Spielberg film is Jaws.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-06, 12:05

I watched Brawl In Cell Block 99 last night. Not as good as I’d hoped. Some silly gore. And Vince Vaughn’s southern accent was just dumb.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-01-06, 12:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 Dd1-310x310

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-06, 12:30

Turtleneck wrote:

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 Dd1-310x310

I do not like Dakich.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-01-06, 12:43

That is good news, OTPT.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-01-06, 13:46

Which is why I'm leaning toward it being worse that you hadn't seen it.

I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm sure that if I were to watch it for the first time, I wouldn't love it as much, but it's no fun to look at favorite movies from my childhood objectively.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-01-06, 13:49

That's because they're movies, not films.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Lord 2018-01-06, 14:47

steveschneider wrote:I watched Antonioni’s The Passenger last night. Beautifully shot film, amazing editing and the end is incredible. The pace is pretty slow but captivating. Maria Schneider really lights up the screen with her performance and Jack Nicholson as at the top of his game.
I loved Blow Up and (retrospectively) Zabriskie Point. How does this compare and what kind of a role does Miss Schneider play - I identify her totally with Last Tango.
Space Lord
Space Lord
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-01-06, 14:47

Am I correct in assuming you have not see any of the other Indiana Jones flicks?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-07, 20:52

I've been catching up on USA's Damnation this weekend, and damn if it isn't pretty good.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-07, 21:51

This aggression, will not stand, man.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-09, 19:27

Watching a few Nolan flicks tonight.

Just got done with Dunkirk in 4K - holy fuck that movie looks incredible if you have a 4K TV with HDR.

Watching Inception right now. Going to try to watch Interstellar on Thursday.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-09, 19:35

Death Roe wrote:Watching a few Nolan flicks tonight.

Just got done with Dunkirk in 4K - holy fuck that movie looks incredible if you have a 4K TV with HDR.

Am told there are some who consider Nolan the GOAT.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-09, 19:36

tGreenWay wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Watching a few Nolan flicks tonight.

He's no Tommy Wiseau, but he will do.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-09, 19:52

Death Roe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

He's no Tommy Wiseau, but he will do.

Goes without saying.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-17, 09:54

I finished Godless on Netflix. It was good, I would recommend it if you dig Western stuff. It's only 7 episodes so not a huge investment. A couple of the episodes in the middle drag a bit but the payoff in the last couple of episodes is pretty good.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/godless/s01/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-17, 13:43

I started watching The End Of The Fucking World. It's about a teenage kid who thinks he's a psychopath. He runs away from home with a girl he is planning on murdering. It's not nearly as dark as it sounds. Interesting plot, looking forward to where this goes.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-17, 13:47

I finally started watching Black Mirror. That very first episode (pig) was straight-up the figment of a very disturbed mind. Doesn't mean I didn't find it interesting.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-17, 14:17

Floyd Robertson wrote:I finally started watching Black Mirror. That very first episode (pig) was straight-up the figment of a very disturbed mind. Doesn't mean I didn't find it interesting.

That episode still messes with me. It's kind of a standalone too. Pretty much every other plot line in the series deals with "near-future" technology. It's a great series but deals with some heavy shit most of the time. I can only do one episode per sitting.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-17, 14:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:I finally started watching Black Mirror. That very first episode (pig) was straight-up the figment of a very disturbed mind. Doesn't mean I didn't find it interesting.

Going to start this soon. Sounds right up my alley.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-18, 16:52

Watched Bright on Netflix recently. Pretty decent. Kind of hard to explain. It's a mix of Training Day and Lord of the Rings.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-19, 08:08

Went to see "The Post" last night. It was okay. Tom Hanks is great as usual, but I cannot stand Meryl Streep.

Great Breaking Bad shoutouts - Saul, Todd, and Gale were all in the movie.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-19, 10:10

You can’t stand Meryl Streep? What the hell?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-20, 07:05

How many of you bros are gonna binge watch the new season of Grace and Frankie this weekend?
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-20, 11:42

Rocinante wrote:You can’t stand Meryl Streep? What the hell?

You ever hear Stugotz's rant on Meryl Streep? He conveys my thoughts so well in that rant.

She's overrated, and only stars in Oscar bait.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-20, 14:06

Started the unabomber thing last night. I’d recommend. Wife fell asleep during third episode I hit up six of them. Fascinating
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next