Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+35
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
Cameron
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
SawGreen
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
The Pantry
Space Lord
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Free Plax
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Stymie2000
CheesySpartan
DWags
Herbie Green
xsanguine
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
39 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-20, 14:12

DWags wrote:Started the unabomber thing last night. I’d recommend. Wife fell asleep during third episode I hit up six of them. Fascinating

The one that just aired a few months ago? Yeah, that was interesting.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-21, 09:51

The Shape of Water was a really well done movie. Weird, really weird, but what do you expect from a Guillermo del Toro film, honestly.

I'd expect acting nominations across the board, for Sally Hawkins (actress), Octavia Spencer (supporting actress), Michael Shannon and Richard Jenkins (supporting actors).
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-21, 15:44

We saw I, Tonya earlier today.

Margot Robbie nails it as Tonya Harding. I remember when all of this happened, I was 7 but still remember it all. Insane stuff.

She had a fucking ROUGH upbringing. Her mom, from how the movie portrays her (and I think Allison Janney is a lock to win Best Supporting Actress for playing her), is a completely devilish person.

A lot better than I thought it would be.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-21, 19:53

Death Roe wrote:The Shape of Water was a really well done movie. Weird, really weird, but what do you expect from a Guillermo del Toro film, honestly.

I'd expect acting nominations across the board, for Sally Hawkins (actress), Octavia Spencer (supporting actress), Michael Shannon and Richard Jenkins (supporting actors).

Sounds more like a film.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-23, 08:57

Watched the Black Museum episode of Black Mirror last night. Holy shit. This show is so fucked up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-23, 09:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Watched the Black Museum episode of Black Mirror last night. Holy shit. This show is so fucked up.

I haven't seen that yet, but I watched the season 2 criminal park a couple of nights ago. That was fucked up.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-23, 09:12

Oscar predictions:

Shape of Water wins a decent amount, including Best Picture.

Dunkirk wins a lot of the technical awards, Nolan upsets del Toro for Best Director.

Gary Oldman is a LOCK for Best Actor.

Frances McDormand probably wins for Three Billboards.

Allison Janney is a LOCK for Best Supporting Actress.

Sam Rockwell is a LOCK for Best Supporting Actor.

James Franco got absolutely ROBBED of a Best Actor nomination for The Disaster Artist. Fuck off, Denzel! (I love Denzel but come on)

MORE CAPS LOCK coming.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-23, 09:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Watched the Black Museum episode of Black Mirror last night. Holy shit. This show is so fucked up.

I haven't seen that yet, but I watched the season 2 criminal park a couple of nights ago. That was fucked up.

There are a couple of actually happy episodes. But for the most part they leave you with a feeling like you got punched in the gut. It's a very well done show if you're into creeping dread of what might happen to us in the near future.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-01-23, 09:59

Watched the Black Museum episode of Black Mirror last night. Holy shit. This show is so fucked up.
Which season is that?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-23, 10:00

InTenSity wrote:
Which season is that?

Last episode of the latest season. Four I think?

I wouldn't watch this one without watching all of the others first. I'll leave it at that.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-23, 20:32

Waldo episode was a waste. Ha, wait it wasn't over yet...yep still dumb.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-23, 20:43

Death Roe wrote:Oscar predictions:

Shape of Water wins a decent amount, including Best Picture.

Dunkirk wins a lot of the technical awards, Nolan upsets del Toro for Best Director.

Gary Oldman is a LOCK for Best Actor.

Frances McDormand probably wins for Three Billboards.

Allison Janney is a LOCK for Best Supporting Actress.

Sam Rockwell is a LOCK for Best Supporting Actor.

James Franco got absolutely ROBBED of a Best Actor nomination for The Disaster Artist. Fuck off, Denzel! (I love Denzel but come on)

MORE CAPS LOCK coming.

Not sure why, but I couldn’t possibly care less about awards. Don’t watch any of them, never have.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-01-27, 23:06

Watched a few movies this weekend.

Get Out: Good horror flick. Definitely some thought put into the movie. Not your run of the mill horror flick

Only the Brave: didn't expect much but damn I really liked it. Pretty emotional biography on the Yarnell Hill fire that killed 19 hot shots in Arizona.

Three billboards: God I loved this movie. A couple holes in it but very enjoyable. Quirky. Fuck Meryl Streep. Francis McDermott is the best actress in America. My only complaint with her role in the movie was just like Fargo... She was the only person with a brain in a town of idiots. So it was kind of a redux in that manner.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-31, 02:11

Has anyone seen Hell House LLC? Low budget horror. Freaky as fuck.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-08, 22:32

Shocked

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-02-08, 22:36

I'm not gonna wade through 14 pages of bullshit, so this might have already come up.

I caught S11E3 of The Big Bang Theory earlier tonight. The quality of the first 2-3 seasons is, of course, a matter of opinion. But it is indisputable that whatever baseline quality the show established in those first couple seasons, it has declined greatly, and holy fuck is it an abomination now. I was really trying to like the episode, and I don't think I even smirked a single time, much less laughed. Holy balls was that shit terrible...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-08, 23:08

I have never and will never watch a single episode of that. Has always annoyed the shit out of me, just the characters and general premise.

I watched Bright the other night. It was not "quality" but it was a decent entertaining watch.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-02-08, 23:16

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have never and will never watch a single episode of that. Has always annoyed the shit out of me, just the characters and general premise.

I watched Bright the other night. It was not "quality" but it was a decent entertaining watch.

RE: The Big Bang Theory, you're not missing much. I enjoy the theme song.

Reviews I've seen of Bright have not been good. The one person I know in real life who has actually watched it enjoyed it, though.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-08, 23:20

I mean it's not going to get good reviews. It follows a very predictable script. But as I've stated before I'm not down with that sort of shit defining whether I can find a movie entertaining/good or not. A movie can be very entertaining (and yes, thus good) if it follows the typical good guy/bad guy script. To me a movie does not need to make me contemplate the meaning of life or be shot perfectly from a cinematic standpoint with a phenomenal score in order for me to consider it good. I feel like a lot of movie reviewers these days are way too up their own assholes.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-08, 23:21

never been a fan of pg network tv shows, I gave it a listen and what not... not my cup of tea
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-08, 23:36

Cameron I’ve kinda lost some respect for you after you gave Big bang theory a shot
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-02-09, 06:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote: Cameron I’ve kinda lost some respect for you after you gave Big bang theory a shot

I used to love That 70s Show and How I Met Your Mother, too. Shows like that are kind of like McDonalds. I know when I'm eating McDonalds that I can get a better burger pretty much anywhere, but I still enjoy the McDonalds for what it is. But I would never call McDonalds burgers good, per se.

I have a friend with terrible taste in everything, and he used to say that The Big Bang Theory was the best show on TV, and this was back during peak Parks and Rec and Community.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-02-09, 19:44

Love the Justice League chirp

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-09, 22:36

anyone got a good flick
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-09, 22:40

Bone Tomahawk obviously
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-09, 23:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bone Tomahawk obviously

Sounds neat, thanks.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-11, 23:09

Black Mirror ep 1. Intriguing
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-12, 00:04

BONE FUCKIN TOMAHAWK GODDAMMIT
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-12, 07:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Black Mirror ep 1. Intriguing

Best one of the entire thing. I know people rave about the whole series but I think I'm caught up and, well, meh basically sums it up.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-02-12, 08:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Best one of the entire thing. I know people rave about the whole series but I think I'm caught up and, well, meh basically sums it up.
I'm not going to say I liked all the episodes, but quite a few of them were good. I've been watching Electric Dreams, or whatever its called on Amazon too.
I'm on the last episode of season 4 now. Should finish that up this week sometime.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-12, 08:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Funny, I thought the 1st episode was the worst of the whole series. Different tastes and all. I guess you're not much into near future sci-fi? (I don't know what else to call it)
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-12, 08:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Funny, I thought the 1st episode was the worst of the whole series. Different tastes and all. I guess you're not much into near future sci-fi? (I don't know what else to call it)

I guess I'm not into into it as much as I thought I would be. I mean, I loved Twilight Zone, but this just didn't do it for me. I understand what they're going for though and that vision of the future is pretty scary.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-12, 08:24

Did I mention Altered Carbon yet? I wasn't able to follow everything. A lot of crazy shit was going on. Think Blade Runner for TV. Anyway, if you like smoking hot naked chicks, this is the show for you.

The chick that plays Ortega. You don't think she's rocking that hot of a body and then BAM! tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 14 3434560931
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-12, 09:48

Anyone seen Happy! on SyFy? Christopher Meloni chewing up scene after scene. Not going to see it on the Emmys, but I thought it was a good diversion.
Sidenote, character named "Smoothy" reminds me of Travis, at least his internet persona (if there's a difference).
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-02-12, 10:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Did I mention Altered Carbon yet? I wasn't able to follow everything. A lot of crazy shit was going on. Think Blade Runner for TV. Anyway, if you like smoking hot naked chicks, this is the show for you.

The chick that plays Ortega. You don't think she's rocking that hot of a body and then BAM! tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 14 3434560931

looks like this is up next
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-02-12, 11:15

We saw "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" last night. What a movie. Really solid, funny at certain parts, and just so well done overall.

I wish they could give Sam Rockwell AND Woody Harrelson Oscars, it's a shame that both are in the same category. They nailed it.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-12, 11:20

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Did I mention Altered Carbon yet? I wasn't able to follow everything. A lot of crazy shit was going on. Think Blade Runner for TV. Anyway, if you like smoking hot naked chicks, this is the show for you.

Be warned, there are some gratuitous dong shots too.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-12, 11:28

I.B. Fine wrote:Anyone seen Happy! on SyFy? Christopher Meloni chewing up scene after scene. Not going to see it on the Emmys, but I thought it was a good diversion.
Sidenote, character named "Smoothy" reminds me of Travis, at least his internet persona (if there's a difference).

So, Smoothy is an asshat?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-12, 12:19

tGreenWay wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:Anyone seen Happy! on SyFy? Christopher Meloni chewing up scene after scene. Not going to see it on the Emmys, but I thought it was a good diversion.

So, Smoothy is an asshat?
Let's just say, he, too, is a big fan of ball gags, but the 2nd to last episode is where it is all explained.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-12, 12:29

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Be warned, there are some gratuitous dong shots too.

Are they real dongs or prosthetics like in GoT? Asking for a friend.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next