Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

+29
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
I.B. Fine
Da Mayor
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
SawGreen
Rocinante
keanro
Turtleneck
SeeRockCity
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
Nordic
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
Triple Sparty
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
CORNER BLITZ
CheesySpartan
MSU addict
MattyFresh
tGreenWay
Death Roe
33 posters

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 16 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by Guest 2018-05-04, 20:17

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Cut into the extra pie tonight, the SiL and I both liked it.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 16 Img_2012
You've obviously got the pies down pat.  But, you're kinda pissing me off with lack of pasty experimentation.  Pies are fucking everywhere...Traverse City, Achatz...even Nino's aren't bad.

Just a reminder...the LP needs good pasty.  You can DO IT!

A week from today I'll be munching a pasty, that may inspire me to make them again.   Depending on what time the SiL gets out of work we're leaving for a quick UP jaunt either Thursday night or Friday morning.   Tahquamenon Falls, The Shipwreck museum and home, over 3-4 days.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 16 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-05-04, 20:40

Soooo, the SiL, eh?
NTTAWWT
Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-04, 22:15

I.B. Fine wrote:Soooo, the SiL, eh?
NTTAWWT
Wink

Lol. Daughter and the kids are going too. Just depends if he gets any of that sweet time and a half on Thursday. I'm not pulling out of here at 8 or later.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-04, 22:21

Grilled our first ribeyes of the year tonight. America!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-04, 22:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Grilled our first ribeyes of the year tonight. America!

Pics so we can judge you. ;-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-05-05, 08:30

LooseGoose wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:Soooo, the SiL, eh?
NTTAWWT
Wink

Lol. Daughter and the kids are going too. Just depends if he gets any of that sweet time and a half on Thursday. I'm not pulling out of here at 8 or later.
OK, I thought the S was for sister, not son. I must have been thinking of another poster. Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-05, 08:32

I.B. Fine wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

OK, I thought the S was for sister, not son. I must have been thinking of another poster. Wink

I think that was Pantry and his former sister in law.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-08, 06:48

I'm not a big sushi guy. I should try it again, it's been a while. Thought of getting my sushi fix on Wednesday's from Meijer makes me giggle though.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 16 Meijer10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-05-11, 14:16

Hey Hatcher, here's an idea for solving those issues with your neighbor on your giant grill.
Pic of neighbor -> The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 16 1896033241
Woman who injected husband with lethal dose of heroin may have killed 9 others, served lover's remains at BBQ
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-05-12, 20:26

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 16 Mvimg_12
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-13, 10:30

How do you prepare them aualum?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-05-13, 10:41

DWags wrote:How do you prepare them aualum?

Fried these in butter and flour with some seasoning salt. Pretty good stuff. Next batch I think I'll go without the flour.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-13, 11:40

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Grilled our first ribeyes of the year tonight. America!

Pics so we can judge you. ;-)

Rare as can be. Always. Anything else is wrong.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-13, 12:33

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:How do you prepare them aualum?

Fried these in butter and flour with some seasoning salt. Pretty good stuff. Next batch I think I'll go without the flour.
Yeah, don't need the flour. I usually chop them into 3/4" size pieces and sautee in butter and olive oil until the edges start to get a little gold in color. Sea salt and pepper. Maybe sautee some onions or shallots too. Perfect with a ribeye.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-05-18, 22:32

I have been doing a lot of experimenting preparing for this big school picnic cook I'm doing in a couple of weeks. I had to run these royal oak briquettes on the offset to make sure they were up to snuff (they were on sale so I bought 21 bags). I did a hastily stuffed pork tenderloin and a rack of spares. The tenderloin was very good. The spares are off and resting now....they were damn fine looking. I have a feeling they're going to be something special. Will report back.

Those briqs are just fine btw. Had the big pit up to 350 within an hour of lighting up a bag and 1/4. This was around 6:30. I'm currently at 240 and holding steady after I choked the air intake around 7 pm. 6-7 hours is pretty good and what I get with Stubbs on the big smoker. If it holds for another hour or two I think I'm going to be a convert.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-18, 22:58

Royal Oak lump is good. Pretty sure it's the same stuff GFS sells in their packaging. Might be the same with the briquettes.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-05-18, 23:04

Fading fast now. 224. I didn't fill the basket, I'll have to do an experiment to see how long it will go with a full basket and if I choke it down earlier.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-05-19, 11:51

Threw together a sort of carbonara pasta just now and it was fantastic

Half and half mixed with an egg yolk, bacon (with grease) dumped into the cooked pasta with sauce mixture, season with pepper salt and thyme/rosemary and half a bottle of Parmesan cheese. Turned out awesome
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-05-22, 20:22

Thinking I'm going to build a barbecue pit and thinking it shouldn't be much harder than getting some cement blocks and throwing a layer of sand in the bottom.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-28, 21:13

On BBQ Pitmasters they’re doing a whole pig with Lang smokers. Winner gets 50K
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-05-28, 21:17

Lang makes a good pit.

Wags FYI Game 7 of the NBA WCF is on, so is NHL SCF Game 1.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-28, 21:19

Doing all three WBH.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-28, 21:20

Lots of prep for a whole hog. Wow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-05-28, 21:33

What did they do to it?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-28, 21:34

DWags wrote:Lots of prep for a whole hog. Wow.
Not really that much if you go old school. Hardest part is making sure the chicken wire is secure for the entire roast.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-03, 19:18

Fuck I cannot cook sishkabob I can’t spell it an I suck at it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-06-03, 19:35

DWags wrote:Fuck I cannot cook sishkabob I can’t spell it an I suck at it.
Lamb?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-03, 20:08

Chicken and beef.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-06-03, 20:18

DWags wrote:Chicken and beef.
Beside not using lamb, what's wrong with it?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-03, 20:23

Can’t turn it. Chicken under cooked. Veggies always over done. I guess I need to go separate skewers veggies and meat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-03, 20:25

Do you have an instant read thermometer? Just get the chicken to 160 and call it good.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-03, 20:27

WBH the veggies screw me up. How often do you turn it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-03, 20:32

Honestly I'm no expert. My mom does them a lot. The few times I have done them I buy them pre-skewered at the Krogers and like I said I get the chicken to 160 and pull it. I probably rotate it 5-6 times. At least 4 to get every side but then typically another turn or two to make sure it gets to temp. They've been really tasty. That's a great lunch, I might do that tomorrow if I can get to the gym.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-06-03, 20:33

DWags wrote:Can’t turn it. Chicken under cooked. Veggies always over done. I guess I need to go separate skewers veggies and meat.
Sounds like you've already figured it out. Chicken was not meant to be on skewers with vegetables.

Lamb turns out a perfect medium rare when the veg is done.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-03, 20:35

Pantry, I’m going to try the lamb and beef next time. Chicken is very frustrating
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-06-03, 20:41

DWags wrote:Pantry, I’m going to try the lamb and beef next time.  Chicken is very frustrating
Chicken shish kabob never appealed to me. Lamb is where it's at. Beef is only when you can't find lamb.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-05, 22:28

Time to add to the fleet. I just bought a Primo Round ceramic cooker from a buddy on for his cost who found a great deal. He decided he needed an XL and found a better deal so...why not. Sometimes you just can't pass up a great deal.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-14, 14:33

Wags I got some kabobs from Kroger for lunch. Just grilled them up. Two chicken and one beef. They were glorious, I need to do that more often. Note to Kroger, stop putting a fucking baby tomato on the end of your kabobs. That little dude is never going to make it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-06-14, 14:55

Did they have any lamb kabobs?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-14, 14:59

Did you use the new ceramic?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next