Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The political hodge podge thread

+18
The_Dude
CheesySpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Blanch32
InTenSity
DWags
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
AnomanderRake
MattyFresh
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
xsanguine
Herbie Green
Cameron
22 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:43 pm

The Dutch want to stay friendly with the Trump White House

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:35 pm

xsanguine wrote:The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 IMG_4692

Like cold gravy...

Speaking of this.....
Sky Juliett Samuel, 18, was released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after posting $5,000 bond. CPD issued a warrant for Samuel's arrest Friday.

She was working at the restaurant on Jan. 7, when she allegedly smeared menstrual fluid and saliva on a cheeseburger she served to a drive-thru customer between 10 and 10:30 p.m. The victim, who has only been identified as a woman from Tupelo, later came forward to Columbus police.

Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:42 pm

Nasty woman!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Hey X?   Did you see all the outrage today about Bannon calling the Press their opponents?   The press going wild about how terrible that was......like it had never happened before.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 C3IapHSXUAQ_KGn
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:06 pm

More fake news that the lemmings swallow and follow ^^^^^................
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:07 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Hey X?   Did you see all the outrage today about Bannon calling the Press their opponents?   The press going wild about how terrible that was......like it had never happened before.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 C3IapHSXUAQ_KGn

I like it. Most of the press had a nice loooong vacation, it's time to get back to work.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:31 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 IMG_4692

Like cold gravy...

Speaking of this.....
Sky Juliett Samuel, 18, was released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after posting $5,000 bond. CPD issued a warrant for Samuel's arrest Friday.

She was working at the restaurant on Jan. 7, when she allegedly smeared menstrual fluid and saliva on a cheeseburger she served to a drive-thru customer between 10 and 10:30 p.m. The victim, who has only been identified as a woman from Tupelo, later came forward to Columbus police.

Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 502811600

Shit happens all the time. Minimum wage jobs. Adults don't want them so kids take them. You've all eaten spit. Guaranteed.

Not a political statement by that girl.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:49 pm

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:53 pm

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:55 pm

If you've eaten at a fast food restaurant 25% chance you've eaten shit. Not political statement. Just dumb ass kids who know minimum wage jobs are easy to find.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:30 am

President Trump, Jared Kushner and their business buddies

Trump's infrastructure bill is going to be huge for his friends. Believe me, huge.
From the link:

"Days after Trump announced he was stepping down from his corporate functions, he met with Steve Roth, the head of Vornado Realty Trust, a company with deep financial ties to both the Trump and Kushner companies. Roth had been on an economic advisory council for Trump’s campaign. When the candidate raised funds for veterans, Roth contributed $50,000. And when Trump won the New York Republican primary, Roth was at the victory party.

President Trump asked him to join a committee that will oversee the doling out of more than $100 billion in tax breaks to encourage $1 trillion in infrastructure spending—just the kind of public works spending that could bring vast benefits to real estate developers.

Vornado has bailed both family firms out of tough situations. In 2007, when Trump was in an unhappy partnership involving two buildings, Vornado bought his Chinese partners out; today, Trump’s stake in the two buildings is his most valuable asset.

Four years later, when Kushner’s investment in 666 Fifth Avenue was teetering near insolvency, Vornado salvaged the deal for him and now owns nearly half of the building’s office space. Jared Kushner has met with executives from state-controlled Chinese financial powerhouse Anbang Insurance Group Co. to discuss a possible redevelopment of the tower, the New York Times reported earlier this month."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-01-27/jared-kushner-s-felon-father-brought-two-fellow-inmates-into-company
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:06 am

GRR Spartan wrote:President Trump, Jared Kushner and their business buddies

Trump's infrastructure bill is going to be huge for his friends.  Believe me, huge.
From the link:

"Days after Trump announced he was stepping down from his corporate functions, he met with Steve Roth, the head of Vornado Realty Trust, a company with deep financial ties to both the Trump and Kushner companies. Roth had been on an economic advisory council for Trump’s campaign. When the candidate raised funds for veterans, Roth contributed $50,000. And when Trump won the New York Republican primary, Roth was at the victory party.

President Trump asked him to join a committee that will oversee the doling out of more than $100 billion in tax breaks to encourage $1 trillion in infrastructure spending—just the kind of public works spending that could bring vast benefits to real estate developers.

Vornado has bailed both family firms out of tough situations. In 2007, when Trump was in an unhappy partnership involving two buildings, Vornado bought his Chinese partners out; today, Trump’s stake in the two buildings is his most valuable asset.

Four years later, when Kushner’s investment in 666 Fifth Avenue was teetering near insolvency, Vornado salvaged the deal for him and now owns nearly half of the building’s office space. Jared Kushner has met with executives from state-controlled Chinese financial powerhouse Anbang Insurance Group Co. to discuss a possible redevelopment of the tower, the New York Times reported earlier this month."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-01-27/jared-kushner-s-felon-father-brought-two-fellow-inmates-into-company

So Trump wants to spend $100 billion in tax breaks to get private investment of $1 trillion, sounds like a 10 to 1 return to me. Of course details of what the private money goes for makes a difference.
I just remember when Obama and Congress spent a trillion on infrastructure to get a maybe a couple hundred billion in improvements, but they made a lot of their backers wealthy with frivolous handouts, so I'll wait for the details before condemning Trump.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:11 pm

SIAP, doesn't warrant it's own thread, so I'll stick it here.

Trump’s Still Using His Old Android Phone. That’s Very, Very Risky

Even if you’re not a security expert, some potential dangers of keeping an insecure device in the White House probably come to mind right away. There’s a reason President Obama had to make do with a heavily modified BlackBerry for most of his time in office, and why security officials reportedly issued Trump a locked-down device when he took office. One that he apparently doesn’t always use. If Trump does use his old Android smartphone in his spare time—which recent @realDonaldTrump tweets sent from Android seems to support—he’s leaving himself exposed to all manner of unsavory outcomes.

Above the law.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 pm

More fake news and the reporter isn't a bit sorry she did it.

Freakout of the day: Trump Photoshopped his hand in White House photo

But even though she no longer stands behind the tweet (and has deleted the original) she still hopes it ruined Trump’s day:

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 Trump-hands-tweet-2-e1485550331575
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:53 pm

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 Tillerson-v-Kerry
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:01 pm

LooseGoose wrote:The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 Tillerson-v-Kerry

Is there a world wide need for tomatoes now??

The fuck?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Goose has this inate need to be the protector of Trump's crony capitalism.

Trump to Kushner to Duetche Bank to Vornado Reality ?

Nothing to see except the cricle of billionaires getting tighter.

But But But John Kerry married a billionaire.
Look it up Goose, did the now deceased widow Heinz play the political lobby game the way Sec of Commerce nominee Wilbur Ross has played it?

No unless you think Bloombrg is fake news.

From the link:

"A week after Ross announced the LTV deal, President George W. Bush said he’d protect U.S. steel by putting tariffs as high as 30 percent on imports, breaking with some members of his own economic advisory team who said it would hurt consumers. Ross went on a buying spree, assembling the second-biggest steelmaker in the U.S. Without the tariffs, he told a trade commission in 2003, “none of this would have been possible.”

At the time, Ross spoke unequivocally against free trade. “America’s standard of living is being systematically destroyed by our international trading partners,” he said in a public appearance, “and the people must be made aware of this economic disaster.” In late 2003, the World Trade Organization ruled the Bush steel tariffs were illegal. But they did their job for Ross: In the period after the tariffs were announced, steel prices soared. Within months, he and his backers announced they were selling their steel company to an Indian billionaire for $4.5 billion, reaping more than an eightfold profit."

So I'll type slowly. Ross bought LTV (and its government backed pensions) and fought for tariffs. When he got them he bought more steel companies.

That was all well and good until he started investing in textiles when he became a fan of free trade. From the link again:

"By then, Ross had also bought the bankrupt textile companies Burlington Industries and Cone Mills, the largest denim maker in the world. Burlington had operations in Mexico and India, and Ross wanted to expand worldwide. At the end of 2003 he invited dozens of industry executives to a conference room in downtown Washington, where he persuaded them to sign a statement backing a trade agreement that would allow Mexican textiles to be sewn in Central America and imported duty-free into the U.S. The next day he gave a speech in North Carolina, telling textile makers that protectionism was “the way to extinction.”

Now loudly for free trade, Ross began embracing countries he’d recently accused of systematically destroying America. His textile company announced that it was building a plant in China, a complex in Vietnam, and an 850-worker facility in Nicaragua that drew the country’s president to the opening ceremony. In September 2008, Ross’s private equity firm announced a joint venture with a subsidiary of China’s largest state-owned power producer. Ross called it “living proof of the financial and intellectual interconnectedness of two of the world’s great powers.” Three years later, he and the sovereign fund China Investment Corp. invested in a shipping deal together. “I think that it’s total political nonsense, all the China bashing,” Ross said at the time. “The trade deficit we have with the rest of the world is almost equal to the trade deficit we have with China, so what’s the big deal about China?”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-01-26/wilbur-ross-and-the-cabinet-of-billionaires

Its crony capitalism. Survival of the fittest and it doesn't seem to matter to true believing Trump fans and those who seek to make excuses for Trump at every turn.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:47 pm

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 C3ivEefUEAACSUK
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Serious question Goose, do you think Trump has made any mistakes or holds any positions you disagree with?
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:09 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:The Dutch want to stay friendly with the Trump White House

I love watching the world mock the sexual predator..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:10 pm

AnomanderRake wrote:Serious question Goose, do you think Trump has made any mistakes or holds any positions you disagree with?
umm not sure where you've been.. but Goose doesn't like, support nor did he vote for Trump.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:57 pm

AnomanderRake wrote:Serious question Goose, do you think Trump has made any mistakes or holds any positions you disagree with?

Since he took office?    

I think getting into the whole crowd size issue was an unforced error.

I think nominating 2 people to run the Treasury that maxed out their contributions in THIS election cycle to Hillary & the Dems is a dumb move.

The message control and roll out on the travel issue was amateurish.

I think it was a mistake to not have more representation from Blacks and Hispanics in his cabinet.

That's since he was elected, I've given him a fresh slate from there - I'm not typing up a litany of everything he's done that I disagree with over the last 30 years.

*Edit - that's off the top of my head. I don't keep a list next to my computer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:59 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Since he took office?

I think nominating 2 people to run the Treasury that maxed out their contributions in THIS election cycle to Hillary & the Dems is a dumb move.

I think it was a mistake to not have more representation from Blacks and Hispanics in his cabinet.

That's since he was elected, I've given him a fresh slate from there - I'm not typing up a litany of everything he's done that I disagree with over the last 30 years.

I think we should just give the racist, bigoted, misogynist, xenophobic sexual predator a chance..

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:03 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Since he took office?

I think we should just give the racist, bigoted, misogynist, xenophobic sexual predator a chance..

Someday you'll tire of typing that shit.....until then it's been worth reading it 5000 times just to have Gorsuch on the Supreme Court and not that flaming liberal Garland. Now let's have Ginsberg & Breyer retire so the court can really change direction.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:04 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think we should just give the racist, bigoted, misogynist, xenophobic sexual predator a chance..

Someday you'll tire of typing that shit......
it's gonna be a long 4 years for you, snowflake.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Someday you'll tire of typing that shit......
it's gonna be a long 4 years for you, snowflake.

Nope, not if I see Willett, Sykes or Pryor on the Court. I'll be dancing a jig in the street.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:07 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Since he took office?    

Thank you for the sincere reply. I agree with all of your criticisms and have many more of my own.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:13 pm

AnomanderRake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Since he took office?    

Thank you for the sincere reply. I agree with all of your criticisms and have many more of my own.

I'm certain I could come up with more if I wanted to get more nit picky or fine with my critiques. I've tried to give him some benefit of the doubt since he's a non politician.

I know those are more operational errors than "hold position" disagreements but I don't know that he's really staked out any new policy positions since the election.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:15 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

I'm certain I could come up with more if I wanted to get more nit picky or fine with my critiques.   I've tried to give him some benefit of the doubt since he's a non politician.

I know those are more operational errors than "hold position" disagreements but I don't know that he's really staked out any new policy positions since the election.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 4113017228 He's a politician now. That title kinda comes with the job.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm certain I could come up with more if I wanted to get more nit picky or fine with my critiques.   I've tried to give him some benefit of the doubt since he's a non politician.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 4113017228 He's a politician now. That title kinda comes with the job.

Agreed. But then again you know what I meant. Thanks for clarifying that though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:28 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it's gonna be a long 4 years for you, snowflake.

Nope, not if I see Willett, Sykes or Pryor on the Court. I'll be dancing a jig in the street.
it's more healthy than whining when I say something mean about your sexual predator.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:36 pm

Is this a hate crime if a Lib did it?

ABC13 Houston ‏@abc13houston 3m3 minutes ago
JUST IN: Swastikas spray painted in Richmond neighborhood
http://abc13.co/2jEkn3y

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 C3nCpqXUkAAx2lJ
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Why does this bother you Goose?

You were never bothered when the early Tea Party groups organized and shut down public meetings when congressmen tried to explain the affordable care act?

Did you have an issue with anti-abortion demonstrators blocking drives and defacing edifices of legally operated women's clinics where they did more than abortion services

I get it.  There is free speech and acts of civil disobedience you approve of so long as you approve of the end goal.  

Maybe these folks won't sit back, smoke some dope and relax.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:15 pm

More #FakeNews

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 C3rz989WcAApNf3

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 C3rz-7_WMAAHnjN
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:26 pm

LooseGoose wrote:More #FakeNews

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 C3rz989WcAApNf3

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 C3rz-7_WMAAHnjN

Whew! I mean, think about Freddy Douglas, a great man, did huge things. Ben Carson, his people, took me around to them, met them, they loved me. Good people. Amorosa great person, does great things. Martin Luther King, huge, many black friends.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:53 pm

It hurts to have it pointed out how your side is littered with ignorant suckers, eh?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:54 pm

LooseGoose wrote:It hurts to have it pointed out how your side is littered with ignorant suckers, eh?

I'm assuming so yes. But fuck, your side won, what can we do?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:04 pm

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:It hurts to have it pointed out how your side is littered with ignorant suckers, eh?

Work together to make the best of things, it's the American way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:11 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

But your side has a bunch of ignorant fucks. How do we approach that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:54 pm

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

But your side has a bunch of ignorant fucks. How do we approach that?

Neither side has a monopoly on ignorant fucks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next