Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when these numbers move

+23
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
msugolfguy
Heat Miser
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Dendrobates
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Frank Ricard
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Cameron
CheesySpartan
AnomanderRake
Floyd Robertson
27 posters

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bump when these numbers move - Page 6 Empty Re: Bump when these numbers move

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-10, 11:43

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Oil prices are at a three year high right now. The last time crude oil was this expensive was at the end of 2014, so suggesting that increased production in the U.S. is dropping prices globally is factually wrong at this point.

Bump when these numbers move - Page 6 Screen40

Not surprised that you completely ignore where prices would be without the increased US supply.   Basic Economics are not your strong point.

Wrong.

Let's assume the U.S. and Canada did manage to drill enough oil that we could tell Saudi Arabia to take it's light sweet crude and shove it. What then? Well, we'd still be exposed to all the ugliness of the global oil market. American and Candadian crude would be priced just like everywhere else -- based on what the world's highest bidders are willing to pay for it. Americans would continue to feel pain at the pump every time a war broke out in the Middle East or African militants blew up a pipeline.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-12, 09:30

More bad news hits while the media is busy being outraged over shithole countries being called shitholes.

Fiat Chrysler to invest more than $1 billion in Michigan plant and give $2,000 bonuses in response to tax reform

Fiat Chrysler announced Thursday that it will up its investment in the United States and pay some of its employees special bonuses after the recent tax code overhaul.

CEO Sergio Marchionne said in a statement that these announcements reflect the company's ongoing commitment to manufacturing in the U.S. He also cited the recently signed tax bill as an opportunity to share the savings with Fiat Chrysler employees.

The automaker said it will invest more than $1 billion in a Michigan plant and relocate production of its Ram Heavy Duty truck in 2020. That model is currently being produced in Saltillo, Mexico.

Fiat Chrysler said this decision would create about 2,500 jobs in addition to the ones that have been previously announced.

The company said it will also pay 60,000 of its U.S. employees bonuses of $2,000 each. Fiat Chrysler said these bonuses would not include senior leadership.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-12, 09:53

LooseGoose wrote:More bad news hits while the media is busy being outraged over shithole countries being called shitholes.

Fiat Chrysler to invest more than $1 billion in Michigan plant and give $2,000 bonuses in response to tax reform

Fiat Chrysler announced Thursday that it will up its investment in the United States and pay some of its employees special bonuses after the recent tax code overhaul.

CEO Sergio Marchionne said in a statement that these announcements reflect the company's ongoing commitment to manufacturing in the U.S. He also cited the recently signed tax bill as an opportunity to share the savings with Fiat Chrysler employees.

The automaker said it will invest more than $1 billion in a Michigan plant and relocate production of its Ram Heavy Duty truck in 2020. That model is currently being produced in Saltillo, Mexico.

Fiat Chrysler said this decision would create about 2,500 jobs in addition to the ones that have been previously announced.

The company said it will also pay 60,000 of its U.S. employees bonuses of $2,000 each. Fiat Chrysler said these bonuses would not include senior leadership.

I dunno, sounds like good news to me Goose.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2018-01-12, 09:57

This quid pro quo dog and pony show of one time raises/bonuses in exchange for a massive cut to the corporate tax rate is hilarious.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-12, 10:09

LooseGoose wrote:More bad news hits while the media is busy being outraged over shithole countries being called shitholes.  

So Goose, let me ask you something, and I know a VP from Chriysler, (oooohhhh Wags, blah blah blah)  Do you think this Billion dollar planned move and development into Detroit, came about since last November?  Or, do you think, this might have been a move considered and planned for at least three years or more?   

Raises are great, Lets see where we're at in 2020.   As AR just said, this could be a dog and pony show.  We'll find out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-12, 10:22

If walmart can offer maternity and paternity leave to it's lowest paid full timers, there's no job in this country that shouldn't.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-12, 13:14

Strongest holiday sales since Great Recession, up 5.5%, topping industry's forecast

Holiday sales jumped 5.5 percent compared to last year, marking the largest jump seen since the end of the Great Recession, the National Retail Federation said on Friday.

Total sales for November and December were $691.9 billion, exceeding the industry trade group's forecast of between $678.75 billion and $682 billion, which would have been an increase of between 3.6 and 4 percent.

"We knew going in that retailers were going to have a good holiday season but the results are even better than anything we could have hoped for," NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay said.

Economists and advisors had expected robust spending across the board due to strong employment and consumer confidence. However, many questioned exactly where that increased spending would go.

Over the holidays, the strongest performers were building material and supply stores (8.1 percent growth ), furniture (7.5 percent growth) and electronics (6.7 percent growth). Clothing/accessories and health/personal care clocked in weaker growth, up 2.7 percent and 2.2 percent, respectively.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-12, 13:15

Tax cut for the rich.....

90% Of Workers Likely To See More Money In Paycheck Next Month

(CNN Money) — The U.S. Treasury and the IRS on Thursday put out new guidance and withholding tables for employers that incorporate changes from the new tax law.

Under those new tables, the Treasury estimates that 90% of people who get a paycheck are likely to see more in take-home pay, as soon as February. Employers will have until Feb. 15 to incorporate the changes in their payroll systems.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-12, 13:17

DWags wrote:

So Goose, let me ask you something, and I know a VP from Chriysler, (oooohhhh Wags, blah blah blah)  Do you think this Billion dollar planned move and development into Detroit, came about since last November?  Or, do you think, this might have been a move considered and planned for at least three years or more?   

Raises are great, Lets see where we're at in 2020.   As AR just said, this could be a dog and pony show.  We'll find out.

I'm sure it's something they've talked about for years. I'm also pretty certain that the tax cuts made the decision easier. The CEO says as much, but then again wtf do I know? This is all really Jimmy Carter's economy and we're just living in it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-12, 13:19

We're in the middle of Goose's version of a Trump Twitter storm.  Bump when these numbers move - Page 6 502811600

Mitch Lyons is a good guy! Give him a chance! I'm gonna melt because you guys are so mean!!!!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-12, 13:19

AnomanderRake wrote:This quid pro quo dog and pony show of one time raises/bonuses in exchange for a massive cut to the corporate tax rate is hilarious.

Yeah, I'm sure those people getting a check and a bump up in their wages think it's hilariously stupid.

I find it hilarious that people are so blindly partisan they refuse to allow any credit to the other "tribe".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-12, 13:22

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:We're in the middle of Goose's version of a Trump Twitter storm.  Bump when these numbers move - Page 6 502811600

Mitch Lyons is a good guy! Give him a chance! I'm gonna melt because you guys are so mean!!!!

Please quote me saying he was a "good guy"?

Once again you're manufacturing quotes in your fevered mind then attributing them to me.

I'm saying let the facts come, then judge. It's amazing that you and others seem to see that as some sort of radical, out of the mainstream stance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-12, 13:30

LooseGoose wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:This quid pro quo dog and pony show of one time raises/bonuses in exchange for a massive cut to the corporate tax rate is hilarious.

Yeah, I'm sure those people getting a check and a bump up in their wages think it's hilariously stupid.  

I find it hilarious that people are so blindly partisan they refuse to allow any credit to the other "tribe".  
As someone who got a check goose, it’s a hilariously stupid dog and pony show. It’s also damaging to various things that I’m sure you wouldn’t care to understand. I personally would have been much better off had they not given out a piddling, almost insulting, bonus. Again, I realize you won’t believe me and would prefer to live in your bubble, but the bonus fucked me out of a hell of a lot more money. So thx.

You wouldn’t see any of that on redstate or hotair.holyshit.icantbelieve.hekeepslinkingthisshit.blogspot 
though because those article stop at “oh they gave out bonuses isn’t that so great!”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-12, 13:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

As someone who got a check goose, it’s a hilariously stupid dog and pony show. It’s also damaging to various things that I’m sure you wouldn’t care to understand. I personally would have been much better off had they not given out a piddling, almost insulting, bonus. Again, I realize you won’t believe me and would prefer to live in your bubble, but the bonus fucked me out of a hell of a lot more money. So thx.

You wouldn’t see any of that on redstate or hotair.holyshit.icantbelieve.hekeepslinkingthisshit.blogspot 
though because those article stop at “oh they gave out bonuses isn’t that so great!”

For someone making less $$ than you it would be significant. Sorry it offends you that the poors got some of your money and it upsets you so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-12, 13:41

LooseGoose wrote:

Hey I've said from the beginning, if they can really deliver on the numbers in economic growth they are talking about, and it trickles down to me, I will happily eat crow. But unless their growth numbers vastly out perform the estimates of 99% of economists (left and right). NO MOTHER FUCKING REPUBLICAN BETTER EVER BITCH ABOUT THE NATIONAL DEBT AGAIN.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-12, 13:42

Still waiting for LittlePY to quote me re: Lyons.

No quote would show that he did make it up, what a shocker.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-12, 13:47

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

For someone making less $$ than you it would be significant.   Sorry it offends you that the poors got some of your money and it upsets you so.
Lol no, not really goose. Look man, I’m sorry but you’re out of your league on this one.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2018-01-12, 13:59

LooseGoose wrote:

I said hilarious, not hilariously stupid. Also, it's a classic short term PR stunt Goose. They get a big tax cut, hand out one time bonuses/raises to make the party giving the tax cut look good, then absolutely nothing changes.

Corporate profits will continue to sky rocket, real wages will continue to stagnate against the cost of living and the status quo lives on. This isn't me being tribal or partisan, Democrats put on dog and pony shows too all the time. Sorry I don't get suckered by the bullshit they're feeding us Goose.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-12, 14:13

LooseGoose wrote:Still waiting for LittlePY to quote me re: Lyons.

Please quote me saying you said he was a good guy? We can play this stupid game all day Goose. Let's get it on!!!! Also, you lost your response request privileges a loooooong time ago.

Hint: You need quotation marks for something to be considered a quote. A little grammar lesson for you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-13, 08:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Still waiting for LittlePY to quote me re: Lyons.

Please quote me saying you said he was a good guy? We can play this stupid game all day Goose. Let's get it on!!!! Also, you lost your response request privileges a loooooong time ago.

Hint: You need quotation marks for something to be considered a quote. A little grammar lesson for you.

So typical for you to swerve away. Ya got nothing on Lyons so change the subject. As I said very clearly if he hit a referee in/at a game then throw the book at him and he should be off the BoT. I feel no need to apologize for an aversion to hanging someone on a rumor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-13, 08:11

....and the beat goes on.

Economic growth under Trump has been strongest in 13 years

In the year since President Donald Trump has been in office, the economy has done something it has been unable to do since 2005: maintain 3 percent growth for three quarters in a row.

While the final numbers aren't in, economists Friday were ratcheting up growth to 3 percent or better for the fourth quarter, after December's strong retail sales and revisions to prior months.

"It could even grow at 3 percent for the year. The numbers are very strong," said Joseph LaVorgna, chief economist Americas at Natixis. He forecasts an above consensus growth pace of over 4 percent for the fourth quarter.

Economists in CNBC's/Moody's Anlaytics Survey upped their median fourth quarter GDP forecast Friday by a median 0.4 to 3 percent. NatWest Markets raised fourth quarter GDP to 3.5 percent from 2.7 percent, based on a stronger view of the consumer, and the Atlanta Fed GDPNow shows fourth quarter growth now at a pace of 3.3 percent, from 2.8 percent earlier in the week.

When the White House said it expected 3 percent growth, economists were skeptical and many growth forecasts held to growth in the 2 percent range.

Economists say the White House can take some credit for consumer confidence, but in reality, the consumer was already spending before Trump and the GOP took control a year ago, and the labor market was already strong. However, the improvement in business attitudes and spending is a direct result of the changing of the guard in Washington and may be contributing to a more consistent growth pattern.

"I think the policies matter. In particular, business investment which was lagging badly through much of the expansion and really started to pickup in the last year, I think that does have a lot to do with the attitude about regulation," said Stephen Stanley, chief economist at Amherst Pierpont.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-13, 08:13

AnomanderRake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I said hilarious, not hilariously stupid. Also, it's a classic short term PR stunt Goose. They get a big tax cut, hand out one time bonuses/raises to make the party giving the tax cut look good, then absolutely nothing changes.

Corporate profits will continue to sky rocket, real wages will continue to stagnate against the cost of living and the status quo lives on. This isn't me being tribal or partisan, Democrats put on dog and pony shows too all the time. Sorry I don't get suckered by the bullshit they're feeding us Goose.

Yeah I wish I wasn't so young and easily suckered.

Jeezus, you people act like this is my 1st rodeo. I was riding business cycles when many of you were sperm cells. Christ I was selling houses when Mtg rates were in double digits, try that someday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-13, 08:22

dude, while whining about the media, you just posted article written by the media.

Oh, and the racist, bigoted sexual predator is doing horrible things to this country, no matter how the mainstream media wants the deplorables to believe otherwise.

bump.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-13, 09:52

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

So typical for you to swerve away. Ya got nothing on Lyons so change the subject. As I said very clearly if he hit a referee in/at a game then throw the book at him and he should be off the BoT. I feel no need to apologize for an aversion to hanging someone on a rumor.

But you do it to the bad team all of the time. Simmer down hypocrite.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-13, 13:22

Number of porn stars the racist, bigoted 'christian' sexual predator paid hush money to:

One

Bump.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2018-01-16, 10:21

LooseGoose wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Jeezus, you people act like this is my 1st rodeo. I was riding business cycles when many of you were sperm cells. Christ I was selling houses when Mtg rates were in double digits, try that someday.

Then why don't you act like you've been around the block before?

You post articles and excerpts, with little to no commentary. I make a post reading between the lines, then you call me out/accuse me of tribalism for not giving credit to Republicans for...what exactly?
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-16, 10:27

AnomanderRake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Jeezus, you people act like this is my 1st rodeo.  I was riding business cycles when many of you were sperm cells.   Christ I was selling houses when Mtg rates were in double digits, try that someday.

Then why don't you act like you've been around the block before?

You post articles and excerpts, with little to no commentary. I make a post reading between the lines, then you call me out/accuse me of tribalism for not giving credit to Republicans for...what exactly?

Goose can't help himself. He will defend any attack or perceived slight to his team with a voracity unknown to mankind.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-01-16, 11:44

Small government authoritarians like the market.

Stock market is up. Where else are investors to go? The bond market has been shit since The Great Recession.

The plan to have Mexico pay for The Wall might be in jeopardy. The combination of new US tax law and the demise of NAFTA has the possibilitydoing significant damage to the Mexican economy. No money means no money for The Wall.

If the Mexican economy goes south its very likely we will see a greater number of people crossing the boarder. Leagally and otherwise.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/opinion/mexico-tax-nafta-lopez-obrador.html?_r=0
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-16, 11:53

Dow 26,000: The stock market is a runaway freight train

Seven trading days. That's how long it took the Dow to rocket from 25,000 to 26,000.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-01-16, 12:46

Mussolini and Hitler were great for investors too.

Just sayin' since both were purveyors of Fake News and both attacked on independent jounalism

But don't forget about Trump making China Great Again and Wall Street doesn't give a shit about US jobs.  We've seen that since at least 1990.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/01/08/making-china-great-again
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-16, 13:46

great news.. 3.2 million fewer Americans without healthcare at the end of 2017 vs 2016.

Keep praying.. Maybe they'll die soon!

Oh, bump.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-17, 08:57

The racist, bigoted sexual predator is 6'3", weighs 239 lbs, is obese, a stable genius and the healthiest person on the planet.

Bump.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-17, 09:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The racist, bigoted sexual predator is 6'3", weighs 239 lbs, is obese, a stable genius and the healthiest person on the planet.

Bump.
He is not 239.  260+
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-17, 10:49

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:The racist, bigoted sexual predator is 6'3", weighs 239 lbs, is obese, a stable genius and the healthiest person on the planet.

Bump.
He is not 239.  260+
I know - but it's funny that the esteemed physician he met with said such glowing things about the racist, bigoted sexual predator.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-17, 10:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:great news.. 3.2 million fewer Americans without healthcare at the end of 2017 vs 2016.

Keep praying.. Maybe they'll die soon!

Oh, bump.

By their own choice. No longer compelled by the government to buy it. Normally you wouldn't support the government forcing you to do stuff.....strangely you do in this case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-17, 10:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:
He is not 239.  260+
I know - but it's funny that the esteemed physician he met with said such glowing things about the racist, bigoted sexual predator.

Same Dr for Bush/Obama.....so in your eyes that should make him esteemed, he pretty much gave Obama a pass on his smoking. Where were your complaints then?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-17, 10:54

U.S. Manufacturing Output Rose in December for Fourth Month

U.S. factory production rose for a fourth straight month in December, capping the strongest quarter since 2010 and underscoring a resurgence in manufacturing that’s primed for further advances, Federal Reserve data showed Wednesday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-17, 10:56

Stock market optimism from pros reaches highest level in nearly 32 years

Bullishness among professional investors is now at 66.7 percent in the latest Investors Intelligence survey, the highest reading since April 1986.
Bulls last reached this level a year before the infamous Black Monday crash that sent the Dow Jones industrials down nearly 22 percent in a single day.
Sentiment surveys can be contrarian indicators when at extremes, which is why the current rush into stocks has triggered some concern.

If the inevitable recession holds off until after November it'll be interesting to see if voters follow history and vote their pocketbooks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-17, 11:41

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I know - but it's funny that the esteemed physician he met with said such glowing things about the racist, bigoted sexual predator.

Same Dr for Bush/Obama.....so in your eyes that should make him esteemed, he pretty much gave Obama a pass on his smoking. Where were your complaints then?
Obama is a colored boy from Kenya. Should've never been president anyway.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-17, 11:43

Number of mainstream media links extolling the virtue of the racist, bigoted sexual predator that Goose has provided today: 2

Bump.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next