Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll give Trump credit for two things

+10
Blanch32
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
NigelUno
xsanguine
Cameron
GRR Spartan
DWags
Nordic
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'll give Trump credit for two things Empty I'll give Trump credit for two things

Post by Nordic 2017-01-30, 16:35

Unlike most other presidents we've had, it looks like...

1) He intends to do everything he said he would do in his campaign.

2) He's wasting no time doing it.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I'll give Trump credit for two things Empty Re: I'll give Trump credit for two things

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 19:07

Don't you dare to give him credit for anything in here or you'll be swarmed as supporting every rotten thing on earth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

I'll give Trump credit for two things Empty Re: I'll give Trump credit for two things

Post by DWags 2017-01-30, 19:42

LooseGoose wrote:Don't you dare to give him credit for anything in here or you'll be swarmed as supporting every rotten thing on earth.

To be sure, the Italians loved Mussolini because the trains ran on time. That was all the way up till they drug him and his mistress out to the town square and beat the shit out of him with stones. Google those pictures. Musholini

But the trains ran on time.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 20:46

LOL.....Mussolini - Hitler - Nazi - Facist - Stalin.

When those names come out it's proof positive the argument has been lost on the merits/facts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-30, 20:56

LOL Goose.

I put you in the same category as citizens who worked for Krupp who quietly supported whatever happened in Berlin because it was good for business.
Going after Jews? What Jews? They all left!
Trains? What Trains? Camps? What camps?

It was amazing what a significant portion of the German population was able to ignore or justify because it didn't affect them or helped their financial lot.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-30, 20:58

GRR Spartan wrote:LOL Goose.

I put you in the same category as citizens who worked for Krupp who quietly supported whatever happened in Berlin because it was good for business.

It was amazing what a significant portion of the German population was able to ignore or justify because it didn't affect them or helped their financial lot.

I'll give Trump credit for two things 4113017228 You aren't doing a very good job of controverting his point.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 21:00

Trump or Hills wouldn't financially affect me a bit. My income is completely independent of them so your argument has no basis.

As I pointed out in another thread this immigration stoppage is another variation on something every President since Carter with the exception of GHWBush has done. The difference is the Press being able to whip it's lemmings into a frenzy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 21:16

Going after Jews?  What Jews? They all left!
Trains?  What Trains?  Camps?  What camps?

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 21:18

Libs have lost their mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-30, 21:48

LooseGoose wrote:LOL.....Mussolini - Hitler - Nazi - Facist - Stalin.

When those names come out it's proof positive the argument has been lost on the merits/facts.

Speaking of facts...Can you show me the part in that video where Clinton said he was going to build a wall?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-30, 21:50

NigelUno wrote:

Speaking of facts...Can you show me the part in that video where Clinton said he was going to build a wall?

Mods please merge.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 21:53

NigelUno wrote:

lol, you asked that earlier today in another thread and I answered it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-30, 21:57

I'm trying to understand not supporting Trump but defending everything he does. Celebrating how the left loses their minds over him then claiming not to support him, then defending the actions, is basically Bob level trolling.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 22:05

kingstonlake wrote:I'm trying to understand not supporting Trump but defending everything he does. Celebrating how the left loses their minds over him then claiming not to support him, then defending the actions, is basically Bob level trolling.

So far he's done many things a conservative President would have done. Where is the dichotomy in that?

I would have preferred many others ahead of him, that doesn't mean I can't be happy that so far he's acting as a Conservative.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-30, 22:08

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I'm trying to understand not supporting Trump but defending everything he does.  Celebrating how the left loses their minds over him then claiming not to support him, then defending the actions, is basically Bob level trolling.  

So far he's done many things a conservative President would have done.   Where is the dichotomy in that?

I would have preferred many others ahead of him, that doesn't mean I can't be happy that so far he's acting as a Conservative.

He's not acting like a conservative. Far from it. He's creating a power vacuum that stands against everything this nation was founded upon. So let's celebrate because it pissed off Democrats. Rolling Eyes
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-30, 22:08

kingstonlake wrote:I'm trying to understand not supporting Trump but defending everything he does. Celebrating how the left loses their minds over him then claiming not to support him, then defending the actions, is basically Bob level trolling.

The sooner you realize the shtick is no different, the better. Not worth it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 22:10

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So far he's done many things a conservative President would have done.   Where is the dichotomy in that?

He's not acting like a conservative. Far from it. He's creating a power vacuum that stands against everything this nation was founded upon. So let's celebrate because it pissed off Democrats. Rolling Eyes

Explain how he's creating a power vacuum? Most of the others here that are scared are claiming he's accumulating power to stage a coup.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-30, 22:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-30, 22:19

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

My bad.  Just found it.  I think I asked you a bunch of times.  Just figured you wouldn't answer because Clinton actually didn't say it in the video.  So, is that fake news?  Or are you comfortable with your rationalization?

As such...are you in support of the 20% tariff idea to build the wall?  Would you have been under Clinton?  

Thanks in advance for answering.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-30, 22:20

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Explain how he's creating a power vacuum? Most of the others here that are scared are claiming he's accumulating power to stage a coup.

You weren't paying attention during the campaign. He said he knows more than the generals. Basically booting intelligence community minds with his political nut huggers. I'd Hillary did this shit you'd lose your mind and scream how unconstitutional it was. Sending surrogates to briefings. But it pissed off the left. So let's dance.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-30, 22:21

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Goose has been a schtick for a long time on this board. Got old a while ago.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-30, 22:21

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

And it seems he's not being honest about keeping Congress and even some members of his own administration in the loop about what he's doing.

Not a great start.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-30, 22:22

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Guess I haven't been around long enough to realize
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-30, 22:25

kingstonlake wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Yeah, he's just like Bob, only he's more serious about it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 22:26

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Wow, it's like I believe what I'm saying. Not just wasting my workday fucking with people.

BTW - You need to check a definition of a "schtick".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 22:30

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

My bad.  Just found it.  I think I asked you a bunch of times.  Just figured you wouldn't answer because Clinton actually didn't say it in the video.  So, is that fake news?  Or are you comfortable with your rationalization?

As such...are you in support of the 20% tariff idea to build the wall?  Would you have been under Clinton?  

He absolutely said he wanted to secure the border. On our southern border that has entailed building a wall - have you spent much time there? I've driven I 8 SD to Tuc and I 10 East of El PAso many times and been detained by the border patrol for hours at a time so I've had plenty of time to view those parts of the wall that are built. Did you know money has been allocated but not spent for wall building? I'd be happy with anyone shutting down ILLEGAL immigration. I'm all for LEGAL immigration.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-30, 22:32

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Wow, it's like I believe what I'm saying. Not just wasting my workday fucking with people.

BTW - You need to check a definition of a "schtick".

You have zero self awareness.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 22:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I'm only a "schtick" in your mind because I don't march with the lemmings.  All of you are in lockstep with Bob even as you denigrate him in this thread.   Dispute that?   Show me or link me to one thread where you have publicly argued with him or disagreed with him?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-30, 22:34

You know you're a schtick when you compare yourself to bob. People know not to argue with bob because he isn't going to change. Slowly, people are going to do the same with you. Slowly but surely.

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-01-30, 22:35; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-30, 22:35

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

He absolutely said he wanted to secure the border. On our southern border that has entailed building a wall - have you spent much time there? I've driven I 8 SD to Tuc and I 10 East of El PAso many times and been detained by the border patrol for hours at a time so I've had plenty of time to view those parts of the wall that are built. Did you know money has been allocated but not spent for wall building? I'd be happy with anyone shutting down ILLEGAL immigration. I'm all for LEGAL immigration.

He did not say he wanted to build a wall...in the video you linked.

Is that a correct statement?

Yes or No.

Just bold one of those when you reply. No words needed.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-30, 22:35

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I'm only a "schtick" in your mind because I don't march with the lemmings.  All of you are in lockstep with Bob even as you denigrate him in this thread.   Dispute that?   Show me or link me to one thread where you have publicly argued with him or disagreed with him?

Go eat a Snickers.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-30, 22:37

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Actually...you are marching with the lemmings that support anything that Trump does.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 22:38

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Yes or No.

Unfortunately reality is a little more nuanced than the attempt at a soundbyte. Even if he answers correctly that the quote isn't in the video but the reference is there and the intent behind that reference is contained elsewhere... for some reason you'll mark it as some kind of "win", despite the contradictory intent never taken into account for your "victory".
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 22:47

xsanguine wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yes or No.

Unfortunately reality is a little more nuanced than the attempt at a soundbyte. Even if he answers correctly that the quote isn't in the video but the reference is there and the intent behind that reference is contained elsewhere... for some reason you'll mark it as some kind of "win", despite the contradictory intent never taken into account for your "victory".

And they've all studiously ignored the fact that 20 years ago the Dems were giving Clinton a Standing ovation for the same policy that they ALL hate Trump for today.

It must be that like the supposed Southern Strategy all the Dems and Reps changed places again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 22:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You know you're a schtick when you compare yourself to bob. People know not to argue with bob because he isn't going to change. Slowly, people are going to do the same with you. Slowly but surely.

Fine - I'm not here to get my mind changed. I might hear something that could alter some belief, but people jumping up and down because the R's do something that's been done many times in the past isn't going to change my mind. Just because the Press acts as if it's all new doesn't mean it is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 22:50

It's as if Democrats and Republicans play hot potato with an issue and chastise each other for having it after they just handed it off.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-30, 22:50

LooseGoose wrote:

Trump or Hills wouldn't financially affect me a bit. My income is completely independent of them so your argument has no basis.

As I pointed out in another thread this immigration stoppage is another variation on something every President since Carter with the exception of GHWBush has done. The difference is the Press being able to whip it's lemmings into a frenzy.

So be it. Lets concede that. Now, we know the right has blamed the press in America for the chaos we see on t.v. O.K., lets concede those leftist news papers have stirred this pot up. Point again for the pubs. Damn college leftist profs and presidents, they're so far left, they came out with statements they didn't need to conceded that to the pubs to. Just hysteria. Another point.

but I just can't figure out why when Clinton and Bush and Carter and Obama did it, Parliment wasn't debating whether to keep those guys out. Why massive crowds in Europe weren't marching and protesting those guys too. Don't get it. Are they also being lead around by the short hairs? All those countries? Is there something different happening this time? Is it just my imagination? It's been 10 days in. I guess we can all say it's the same damn thing happening all around the world that happened before, but It just seems a bit different to me. Now, we're seeing him firing the acting attorney general like Nixon. I hope Sessions takes note. Interpret the law like they want because he won't have much rope.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-30, 22:51

This is the result of people not having the ability to think outside of their brainwashed left vs right spectrum. It's really sad to see what can happen over time. Your team vs my team. Nothing is viewed individually. Sad.

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-01-30, 22:51; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-30, 22:51

xsanguine wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yes or No.

Appreciate your thoughts.

I wasn't aware that Clinton ran on a Build the Wall platform and was going to impose a 20% tariff to pay for it...just like Trump. Thanks for explaining reality.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-30, 22:52

LooseGoose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

And they've all studiously ignored the fact that 20 years ago the Dems were giving Clinton a Standing ovation for the same policy that they ALL hate Trump for today.

It must be that like the supposed Southern Strategy all the Dems and Reps changed places again.

How was that perceived in Europe and Mexico back then? Were they bitching as much about Clinton as they are about Trump? Or is it just a bunch of snowflakes over there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next