Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"...

+6
xsanguine
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
AnomanderRake
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
10 posters

Go down

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... Empty Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"...

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-07, 08:32

"There were other immigrants who came in the bottom of slave ships, who worked even longer, even harder, for less.." said Carson..

"And do you know of all the nations in the world, this one, the United States of America, is the only one big enough and great enough to allow all those people to realize their dream. And this is our opportunity to enhance that dream," he added.

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... 502811600 Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... 502811600  Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... 502811600  Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... Empty Re: Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"...

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-07, 08:34

oh.. and no Ben "Don't You Dare Call Him Uncle Tom" Carson reference is complete without this..

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... Carson-and-jesus

afro
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... Empty Re: Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"...

Post by DWags 2017-03-07, 08:35

But Abortion and the Wall!!!

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-07, 08:36

DWags wrote:But Abortion and the Wall!!!

#Emailghazi

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-07, 08:38

Exclusive picture of immigrants coming to America to make a better life for them and their family..

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... African_slave_ship_diagram

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-07, 09:22

Wow. That is legitimately one of the single most stupid statements I have ever seen in my life. How someone could be an accomplished surgeon and still be this stupid is beyond me. Perhaps he should see a neurologist or something...
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-07, 09:26

I was relieved to hear Dr. Carson refer to African American slaves as immigrants.

Now we can put that affimative action and crazy reparation talk to bed.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-07, 12:31

I'll never forgive Ben Carson for what he did to me and my family..
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-07, 12:52

Well then I guess Harriet Tubman ran a damn successful Travel Agency. Who knew?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-07, 13:26

oh, and for Goosechev.. Obama.

(and Hillary).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-07, 13:27

another exclusive picture of immigrants working to create a better world and more opportunities for their families..

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... Vo-1445-p26-27.3%20in%20chains

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-03-07, 18:38

I don't get it. They were immigrants... unwilling ones, of course. But immigrants, nonetheless. Am I reading the quote wrong or is there a broader context?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-07, 18:49

DWags wrote:Well then I guess Harriet Tubman ran a damn successful Travel Agency. Who knew?

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... 1966794946 Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... 1966794946

Sorry.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-07, 19:39

xsanguine wrote:I don't get it. They were immigrants... unwilling ones, of course. But immigrants, nonetheless. Am I reading the quote wrong or is there a broader context?

Lol
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-03-07, 19:40

"It wasn't always easy for new immigrants. Certainly, it wasn't easy for those of African heritage who had not come here voluntarily and yet in their own way were immigrants themselves," Obama said.
I guess great minds think alike.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ben-carsons-immigrantslave-speech-is-remarkably-similar-to-an-address-obama-gave-last-year/article/2616712
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-07, 19:53

I.B. Fine wrote:
"It wasn't always easy for new immigrants. Certainly, it wasn't easy for those of African heritage who had not come here voluntarily and yet in their own way were immigrants themselves," Obama said.
I guess great minds think alike.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ben-carsons-immigrantslave-speech-is-remarkably-similar-to-an-address-obama-gave-last-year/article/2616712

Actually 11 times....but it wasn't a panic in the Press then.

Sean Davis‏Verified account @seanmdav 4h4 hours ago
The blue checkmarks freaking out over Ben Carson didn't say a word when Obama compared slaves to immigrants.

11 Times Barack Obama Compared Slaves To Immigrants

This week, liberals savagely mocked Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson for allegedly comparing slaves to immigrants. It looks like they’ve completely forgotten about all the times Barack Obama did the exact same thing.

Next time progressives decide to skewer a Republican for saying something, it would behoove them see if President Obama has said the exact same thing. Or, at least, stop pretending not to know what Ben Carson is talking about.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-07, 19:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh, and for Goosechev.. Obama.

(and Hillary).

Yep I must have missed your 11 other threads.....selective outrage....it's so cute.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-07, 20:31

^ Fair point Goose but the context seems quite a bit different. The only quote in that link where Obama specifically compares them to Immigrants (the first quote); is one where he specifies that slaves brought here involuntarily were immigrants in their own way.

The other quotes he's more or less just making a general statement about the origins of our ancestors and doesn't mention immigration.

Now I realize that is semantic bullshit regarding the first quote, but the issue is derived from delivery and context. Obama softened the message a bit so I think people more or less just glossed over it. Carson stated it a bit more directly, even make a direct comparison to their enslavement and current immigrant work ethic/hours, the slave's dreams etc. Even though I think he was trying to make the same point as Obama, he worded it poorly and thus finds himself under fire from a hypersensitive media/social media frenzy.

I'll admit when I read it, the statement sounded much worse than it ended up being in the actual video. Bob's quotes were stringed together out of place for maximum offensiveness.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-03-08, 00:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I don't get it. They were immigrants... unwilling ones, of course. But immigrants, nonetheless. Am I reading the quote wrong or is there a broader context?

Lol

African slaves were immigrants to America.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-08, 00:26

xsanguine wrote:

Lol

African expatriates.

It covers the left, the right, the ignorant.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-08, 00:41

xsanguine wrote:

Lol

Ok
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-08, 09:28

There might be reasons Dr. Carson gave up practicing medicine and the OR when he was just 61.

This isn't the first statement that he's had to walk back.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-03-08, 09:35

GRR Spartan wrote:There might be reasons Dr. Carson gave up practicing medicine and the OR when he was just 61.

Slander much?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-08, 09:41

it took Goosechev - our resident supporter of the anti-American sexual predator - a while but.. as predicted.. he eventually got around to "Obama".

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-08, 10:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:it took Goosechev - our resident supporter of the anti-American sexual predator - a while but.. as predicted.. he eventually got around to "Obama".

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... 502811600

I was busy most of the day yesterday, sorry to disappoint.

Just so you know I'll be gone for a while today too. Dr's appointment at 10:30 and then taking my daughter and grandkids out to lunch.

The bright side is that I'll have some up to date vitals for you.

Did notice that no on wants to touch that jobs report....lol....good news is now not a trending topic here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-08, 10:29

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it took Goosechev - our resident supporter of the anti-American sexual predator - a while but.. as predicted.. he eventually got around to "Obama".

Just so you know I'll be gone for a while today too. Dr's appointment at 10:30 and then taking my daughter and grandkids out to lunch.

Did notice that no on wants to touch that jobs report....lol....good news is now not a trending topic here.

The jobs report looks good, exceeded expectations. Thanks Obama!
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-08, 10:35

I.B. Fine wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:There might be reasons Dr. Carson gave up practicing medicine and the OR when he was just 61.

Slander much?

Coming from you that is rich.

Its a legitimate to question why he left the OR and medicine at the age of 61 in light of some of his statements in the last 24 months.

When did IB become such a candy ass?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-08, 13:03

AnomanderRake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

lol, hell yes. Anything good is Obama, anything bad is Trump. Pointing that out is tribal and partisan.

This place is generally an echo chamber of paranoia and delusion. Good thing there are a few of us that aren't paniced like schoolgirls.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-08, 13:06

BTW - just for Bob.

97.7 Temp
112/72 BP
72 resting pulse - I think that was a little high because the nurse was cute.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-08, 13:34

LooseGoose wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

lol, hell yes.   Anything good is Obama, anything bad is Trump.   Pointing that out is tribal and partisan.

This place is generally an echo chamber of paranoia and delusion.   Good thing there are a few of us that aren't paniced like schoolgirls.

I can't agree with this statement at all Goosie. It's pretty balanced on this board. Might be a slight left lean with some of the louder posters, but there's pretty equal representation from all political leanings on this board. The fact that you tend to focus on people that disagree with you is probably where you're getting tripped up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-03-08, 13:34

GRR Spartan wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Slander much?

Coming from you that is rich.

Its a legitimate to question why he left the OR and medicine at the age of 61 in light of some of his statements in the last 24 months.

When did IB become such a candy ass?

You have no concept of what sort of surgeries he performed and how grueling they could be, he was financially secure and wanted to do something different, sort of like your second career as a greeter at Walmart, except you need the money.

Just kidding, I know you'd never be a greeter at Walmart, you're too grumpy Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-08, 13:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

lol, hell yes.   Anything good is Obama, anything bad is Trump.   Pointing that out is tribal and partisan.

This place is generally an echo chamber of paranoia and delusion.   Good thing there are a few of us that aren't paniced like schoolgirls.

I can't agree with this statement at all Goosie. It's pretty balanced on this board. Might be a slight left lean with some of the louder posters, but there's pretty equal representation from all political leanings on this board. The fact that you tend to focus on people that disagree with you is probably where you're getting tripped up.

Balanced?    LOL....ok.

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... NIH%20balanced%20scale
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-08, 14:36

poor guy the whole world against him. Bring my job back Mr trump
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-08, 14:42

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Balanced?    LOL....ok.

Genuis, Brain Surgeon, and Patriotic Lover of Jesus Ben Carson Calls Slaves.. "Immigrants"... NIH%20balanced%20scale

I'm sorry you can't ever see reason. Ever. Ever ever ever...

What are those mice sitting on? Enlarged micro-organisms? Weird.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-08, 15:04

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Balanced?    LOL....ok.

I'm sorry you can't ever see reason. Ever. Ever ever ever...

What are those mice sitting on? Enlarged micro-organisms? Weird.

Yeah from all the global warming.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-08, 15:19

Goose I would be happy to give Trump credit for the jobs report if you could point me to the legislation or executive orders he signed that had an immediate positive impact on the economy and job growth.

AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-03-08, 15:43

AnomanderRake wrote:Goose I would be happy to give Trump credit for the jobs report if you could point me to the legislation or executive orders he signed that had an immediate positive impact on the economy and job growth.

Disingenuous, and I suppose the Stock Market Rally has nothing to do with Trump, either? Obama was a wet blanket on the economy.
Rightly or wrongly, the markets see Trump removing that blanket, businesses hire, stocks climb.
If all the expectation turns out to be like the current ACA fraud, it will be over before the end of the summer.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-03-08, 16:25

xsanguine wrote:

Ok

lol
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-08, 16:40

I.B. Fine wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:Goose I would be happy to give Trump credit for the jobs report if you could point me to the legislation or executive orders he signed that had an immediate positive impact on the economy and job growth.

Disingenuous, and I suppose the Stock Market Rally has nothing to do with Trump, either? Obama was a wet blanket on the economy.
Rightly or wrongly, the markets see Trump removing that blanket, businesses hire, stocks climb.
If all the expectation turns out to be like the current ACA fraud, it will be over before the end of the summer.

If you think that businesses are going out and hiring people because of something Trump said on the campaign trail, you don't understand how businesses operate.

The stock market is a bit different because of how much speculation is built into the present/future value of businesses.

In any case I was making a joke because Republicans shit on every single Obama jobs report for 8 years, ignored the surging stock market and and now want to give Trump credit for continuity of economic trends that began during Obama's presidency.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down