Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herschel Walker got a higher percentage of votes than a heart surgeon

+11
Motown Spartan
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
Trapper Gus
DWags
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
15 posters

Go down

Herschel Walker got a higher percentage of votes than a heart surgeon  Empty Herschel Walker got a higher percentage of votes than a heart surgeon

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-09, 07:56

America
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Herschel Walker got a higher percentage of votes than a heart surgeon  Empty Re: Herschel Walker got a higher percentage of votes than a heart surgeon

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-11-09, 07:59

It's confounding that an abortionist, who is against abortion, is trailing a Reverend by so little.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Herschel Walker got a higher percentage of votes than a heart surgeon  Empty Re: Herschel Walker got a higher percentage of votes than a heart surgeon

Post by kingstonlake 2022-11-09, 08:00

Trumps gonna fuck the GOP again with Georgia’s dick.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Rocinante likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-09, 09:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:It's confounding that an abortionist, who is against abortion, is trailing a Reverend by so little.

This is where we say 88% of evangelical Christian’s voted for Walker and not for a man who dedicated his life to Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-09, 09:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:It's confounding that an abortionist, who is against abortion, is trailing a Reverend by so little.

The last Senate election was basically the same.

With or without Trump Georgia is a tossup state.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-09, 09:28

Trapper Gus wrote:

Maybe.

But Governor Kemp (without Trump's endorsement) won by 300,000 (so far).
Herschel received about 200,000 less votes.

Trump screwed the Senate for Republicans. Kemp would have beaten Warnock. Even the Lt. Gov. (Duncan) would have beaten Warnock.

Herschel could still win the run off, but I think it's unlikely.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-09, 09:38

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Maybe.

Trump screwed the Senate for Republicans.  Kemp would have beaten Warnock.  Even the Lt. Gov. (Duncan) would have beaten Warnock.

Herschel could still win the runoff, but I think it's unlikely.      

I think you may be using the Transitive property, which doesn't work in sports or politics.

Walker's appeal, other than for the RWNJ's, is that he is African American and a sports hero.  Both of these matters.

Honestly, Warnock as the incumbent should have had a cakewalk.

Give Trump credit for picking Walker.

Stacy will need to crank up her GOTV operation once again in a runoff.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-11-09, 10:22; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-11-09, 09:42

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Maybe.

Trump screwed the Senate for Republicans. Kemp would have beaten Warnock. Even the Lt. Gov. (Duncan) would have beaten Warnock.

I think you may be using the transitory principle, which doesn't work in sports or politics.

Walker's appeal, other than for the RWNJ's, is that he is African American and a sports hero. Both of these matters.

Are you serious? No Democrat is going to have a cakewalk in a statewide race in Georgia, no matter who you put against him.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-09, 09:45

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I think you may be using the transitory principle, which doesn't work in sports or politics.

Walker's appeal, other than for the RWNJ's, is that he is African American and a sports hero. Both of these matters.

Are you serious? No Democrat is going to have a cakewalk in a statewide race in Georgia, no matter who you put against him.

You are probably right. Too many laws passed to suppress Democratic votes.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-09, 09:56

The southern evangelical (republican) cult counts for 45% every election... So they only have to talk 4-5% to join.

D's have to herd the rest of the cats. Never a shoe in down there... hell, 30% of the voters in Mi are in that cult.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-09, 09:56

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Maybe.

A good candidate would have beaten Warnock. That ain't Herschel.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-09, 09:59

AvgMSUJoe wrote:The southern evangelical (republican) cult counts for 45% every election... So they only have to talk 4-5% to join.

D's have to herd the rest of the cats. Never a shoe in down there... hell, 30% of the voters in Mi are in that cult.

Yet Michigan, with a neutral voting and districting system, just flipped to the Democratic Party after 38 years of Republican rule.

Georgia's issues are not so much the evangelism, though it doesn't help.  It is the big fat red thumb on the voting and districting process.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-11-09, 10:15

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Maybe.

Transitive property
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-21, 15:21

super christian Herschel Walker just accused Rev. Warnock of sexually and physically abusing children.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-21, 20:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:super christian Herschel Walker just accused Rev. Warnock of sexually and physically abusing children.

I missed that.

Had a chat with a staunch R voter last night. Said he would probably skip the runoff because it doesn't matter.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-22, 07:52

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:super christian Herschel Walker just accused Rev. Warnock of sexually and physically abusing children.

I missed that.

Had a chat with a staunch R voter last night. Said he would probably skip the runoff because it doesn't matter.

Walker: “This young man said there was sexual abuse and there was physical abuse. I’m like, who did that? It has to be Senator Raphael Warnock because he was responsible for it.”

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-22, 07:58

I almost feel bad for Herschel.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-22, 08:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I missed that.

Walker: “This young man said there was sexual abuse and there was physical abuse. I’m like, who did that? It has to be Senator Raphael Warnock because he was responsible for it.”

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

It used to be that this type of dirty rumor campaigning was done by subagents, under the table.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-22, 08:29

I saw a tweet that nailed it there isn’t a job in America where an employer would hire Herschel over Warnock but here we are. It will be a complete embarrassment for Georgia if Walker wins. Let’s all hope decency prevails.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-11-22, 08:44

steveschneider wrote:I saw a tweet that nailed it there isn’t a job in America where an employer would hire Herschel over Warnock but here we are. It will be a complete embarrassment for Georgia if Walker wins. Let’s all hope decency prevails.

Probably football coach.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-22, 08:47

Motown Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I saw a tweet that nailed it there isn’t a job in America where an employer would hire Herschel over Warnock but here we are. It will be a complete embarrassment for Georgia if Walker wins. Let’s all hope decency prevails.

Probably football coach.

He’s so unhinged and off the rails I don’t think he could even hold a job in football. He needs some serious help.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-22, 09:51

Motown Spartan wrote:

Probably football coach.

Well... running backs coach... and maybe strength and conditioning.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-11-22, 23:51

Walker is talking about erections while sitting between Cruz and Graham. The self-imposed humiliation is really something.

[tw]1595241072971481089?s=20&t=kg7g4ojTJJ3QE2ev7LKjRA[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-23, 00:33

Most demographic groups favor Warnock, but Walker is winning big with old white people. This is a bit unnerving to me, as I will eventually be an old white person.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-23, 08:19

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Most demographic groups favor Warnock, but Walker is winning big with old white people. This is a bit unnerving to me, as I will eventually be an old white person.
Look to Willie Nelson to guide you into the elderlife...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-23, 08:56

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Most demographic groups favor Warnock, but Walker is winning big with old white people. This is a bit unnerving to me, as I will eventually be an old white person.

Honestly, as an old white person I don't see the appeal at all.

The only thing is he has an "R" by his name on the ballot and that is appealing to about 55% or so of the old white people, who have been brainwashed into believing that the sun rises in the west.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-29, 09:49

Herschel took 5 days off the campaign trail.  Probably went home to Texas for Thanksgiving.  

Georgia set an early voting record for ballots cast in a single day yesterday.

Kemp did a TV ad. Trump is nowhere to be seen.

Update Over.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-11-29, 10:07

NigelUno wrote:Herschel took 5 days off the campaign trail.  Probably went home to Texas for Thanksgiving.  

Georgia set an early voting record for ballots cast in a single day yesterday.

Kemp did a TV ad.   Trump is nowhere to be seen.

Update Over.

Trump Plans Limited Role in Georgia Senate Runoff

Nov. 28, 2022

Donald J. Trump will not cross the Florida state line to campaign with Herschel Walker during the final week of the Georgia Senate runoff election, after both camps decided the former president’s appearance carried more political risks than rewards, campaign officials for the two Republicans said on Monday.
Instead of holding one of his signature campaign rallies, Mr. Trump is planning a call with supporters in the state and will continue sending online fund-raising pleas for Mr. Walker, two people with knowledge of the planning said.

The decision to keep Mr. Trump out of the spotlight was a response largely to the former president’s political style and image, which can energize his core supporters but also motivate Democratic voters and turn off significant segments of moderate Republicans.

In Georgia, that political math has become a net deficit for Mr. Trump, who opened his 2024 presidential campaign two weeks ago. In 2020, he was the first Republican presidential candidate to lose the state in 28 years. Earlier this year, his handpicked primary challengers to Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger were both trounced.

I'm sure this cuts both ways. They don't want Trump. Trump can't afford to be campaigning with a loser.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-29, 10:37

This is the first pushback against Trump by the Republican Party since 2016.

The number of Trump candidates who lost this time around gave other Republicans the backbone to push him out of the limelight.

In a way, they are retreating to the "dog whistle" era of Republican campaigning, where Trump is the dog whistle.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-12-04, 13:23

[tw]1599467858408353792?t=ncdwuPTk5aNHI4QcVntZuQ&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-12-04, 13:30

Also doesn't seem to know he's running for Senate

[tw]1599404124029693952?t=X9oAhjryemUtJbyP1W082w&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-12-04, 13:53

Think Warnock will win in a squeaker.

No scientific or statistical evidence.

Based on 3 runoff facts

Trump (as predicted) didn't give any of his $100M campaign cash raised since he left The White House to the Walker Campaign.

Trump has made himself scarce, choosing to dine with anti-semite Fuentes at Mar-A-Laga rather than be anywhere near Walker.

The GOP has called in Taco Ted to campaign with Walker. They did the same 11th hour move when polls showed Trump's handpicked MI 3rd Congressional candidate John Gibbs losing to Hillary Scholten by 10+ points. (Scholten won by 12.9%.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-04, 19:27

The GOP told Trump to stay away.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-05, 08:39

GRR Spartan wrote:Think Warnock will win in a squeaker.

No scientific or statistical evidence.

Based on 3 runoff facts

Trump (as predicted) didn't give any of his $100M campaign cash raised since he left The White House to the Walker Campaign.

Trump has made himself scarce, choosing to dine with anti-semite Fuentes at Mar-A-Laga rather than be anywhere near Walker.

The GOP has called in Taco Ted to campaign with Walker. They did the same 11th hour move when polls showed Trump's handpicked MI 3rd Congressional candidate John Gibbs losing to Hillary Scholten by 10+ points. (Scholten won by 12.9%.

Ted was around 2 or 3 weeks ago. Kemp has been the main ally (after not really helping out much before). I heard Warnock has been outspending Herschel 2-1.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down