Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where's Dantonio?

+20
The Pantry
CheesySpartan
kingstonlake
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
DWags
MiamiSpartan
tanfan!
Floyd Robertson
The_Dude
Herbie Green
InTenSity
Rocinante
Triple Sparty
NigelUno
Stoops21
Death Roe
duffy munn
Vlad
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where's Dantonio? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's Dantonio?

Post by Herbie Green Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:51

The_Dude wrote:He's laying in the weeds....Where's Dantonio? - Page 2 1f601

I hope this is the case and we are quietly getting the work done. I am fine without all the slogans, hype and rhetoric myself anyway. After last season I don't want to hear about how great we are until I see it on the field in a game.

Still its hard to not notice the contrast and Solari's column was on point, even if it makes blowars hide under their beds for asking difficult questions about the Spartans.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:51

I'd just like to hear about how the other high character kids he's recruited are doing this spring. You know, those one's who haven't allegedly raped a fellow student, or called a teammate the n words, or slept with a teammate's GF.

I mean shit, Frank Clark got more airtime on MSU message boards than MSU's own players are getting! Does that feel right??
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:53

I give Vlad credit, he's trying real hard here. God Bless him. I'd like a Wendy's double with cheese.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 13:54

There he is!

Where's Dantonio? - Page 2 11147424
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:00

Vlad wrote:I'd just like to hear about how the other high character kids he's recruited are doing this spring.

Where's Dantonio? - Page 2 6f24020abd1c3a7116a1ed6665ba2e95
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:03

DWags wrote:I give Vlad credit, he's trying real hard here. God Bless him. I'd like a Wendy's double with cheese.

You also gotta give me credit for waiting this long to rip MD a new one. I mean..does it really take TWO MONTHS (and counting) to determine if there's probable cause for a rape?? Can you image if this were happening at that other school down the road?

And how's Brian Lewerke looking in spring camp? Would love to get some real updates from our once-respected head coach.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:05

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:I give Vlad credit, he's trying real hard here. God Bless him. I'd like a Wendy's double with cheese.

You also gotta give me credit for waiting this long to rip MD a new one. I mean..does it really take TWO MONTHS (and counting) to determine if there's probable cause for a rape?? Can you image if this were happening at that other school down the road?

And now he moves to the absurd. Exactly what role does coachD have in determining criminal charges?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:06

There he is!

Where's Dantonio? - Page 2 August-29-2014-the-duffy-daugherty-football-building-with-spartan-in-picture-id577782194
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:06

LooseGoose wrote:
Vlad wrote:

And now he moves to the absurd.   Exactly what role does coachD have in determining criminal charges?

That's not in reference to MD but to the slow play in general. MD has enough problems to deal with already. But he could provide an update on Lewerke for sure. That wouldn't be "absurd".

It's a bad look.

Last edited by Vlad on Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:10; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:10

The_Dude wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Even if so, why is it so insulting to ask what is probably the #1 question in MSU sports today on a MSU sports message board?

Well, most of the people that attack others for asking these questions happen to also be liberal politically (duffy, wags, nigel, etc).

It's just the tactics they use in their lives to silence people who disagree with them by name calling, building straw men, etc.

Oh, the irony. Seems it's you who sees only Libs and Connies in every part of culture and society, you fucking hypocrite:

The_Dude wrote:Is there any part of culture or society left that Democrats haven't politicized?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:10

LooseGoose wrote:
Vlad wrote:

And now he moves to the absurd. Exactly what role does coachD have in determining criminal charges?
LooseGoose wrote:
Vlad wrote:

cheers cheers

Vlad ripped him a new one. I bet he has the Wendy's double grease dripping down his mouth and he read Vlad's scolding and he could hardly finish his burger.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:41

Vlad wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Because he's obviously there coaching football.   Anyone with more than a pea for a brain knows the silence has been imposed by lawyers.   To pick at Dantonio for following that order/advice is nothing but a cheap shot at a man that can't respond.   Hope both Solari and Vlad feel that their cocks are a bit bigger this morning - do you want to join them in being a faux tough guy?

I have no doubt that he's coaching football, but does the gag order prohibit him from talking on-field things? To outsiders and independent thinkers, it looks like a pussy move to hide from the press.

He's probably torn thinking there is a miserable message board troll that needs some on field news.

So that he can rip and bash every word of it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:48

The_Dude wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Even if so, why is it so insulting to ask what is probably the #1 question in MSU sports today on a MSU sports message board?

Well, most of the people that attack others for asking these questions happen to also be liberal politically (duffy, wags, nigel, etc).

It's just the tactics they use in their lives to silence people who disagree with them by name calling, building straw men, etc.

What makes you think I'm a liberal?

Just because I happen to think Trump is a narcissistic, racist ( probably why you like him ), sexist, dangerous buffoon does not mean I'm a liberal.

Sorry to bin this up. Carry on.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:49

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

LooseGoose wrote:

cheers cheers

Vlad ripped him a new one. I bet he has the Wendy's double grease dripping down his mouth and he read Vlad's scolding and he could hardly finish his burger.

To borrow from Mike Greenberg, I've written a sternly worded letter. I'm waiting to hear back.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:51

duffy munn wrote:
Vlad wrote:

I have no doubt that he's coaching football, but does the gag order prohibit him from talking on-field things? To outsiders and independent thinkers, it looks like a pussy move to hide from the press.

He's probably torn thinking there is a miserable message board troll that needs some on field news.

So that he can rip and bash every word of it.

I'm probably not the only one who'd like to get some on-field news, but maybe you're right. Maybe I'm the only one left on this planet who still cares about MSU football.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:51

Pinning this thread to the top to give the OP the attention he deserves.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 14:53

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

cheers cheers

To borrow from Mike Greenberg, I've written a sternly worded letter. I'm waiting to hear back.

Here's the thing. You readily say shit like "pussy move" about him on a message board. But would never have the guts to right a letter and put your name on it.

And if you ever met him in real life you would sooner shit your pants than speak your mind.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:05

duffy munn wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Here's the thing. You readily say shit like "pussy move" about him on a message board. But would never have the guts to right a letter and put your name on it.

And if you ever met him in real life you would sooner shit your pants than speak your mind.

It was a sternly worded letter. What part of that do you not understand??
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Pinning this thread to the top to give the OP the attention he deserves.

Much appreciated, although it's MSU football and the multiple investigations that deserve the attention. I'm just li'l ol' Vlad.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:08

Vlad wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I'm sure you signed it Vlad.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:26

duffy munn wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Which is the real pussy move.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:38

Herbie Green wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Because he's obviously there coaching football. Anyone with more than a pea for a brain knows the silence has been imposed by lawyers. To pick at Dantonio for following that order/advice is nothing but a cheap shot at a man that can't respond. Hope both Solari and Vlad feel that their cocks are a bit bigger this morning - do you want to join them in being a faux tough guy?

So now we are lumping in the MSU beat writer with message board trolls?

Their point is that he is not even talking about football. Lawyers are not prohibiting him from talking about that. Yesterday was pro day which is usually something you promote. Solari says the Spring game is April 1. This is the first time I have even heard about it and had no idea practice had even started.
Yes, the beat writers are effectively trolls. Though when newspaper reporters do it, it's usually called click bait. Six of one, half dozen of another. When they have no information, they can't write anything, which hurts the clicks even more.

I'm sorry that you don't pay enough attention to know that spring practice starts or that the spring game is April 1. Don't blame MD because you don't pay attention. Do you need a headline or major article in a paper? It was well known when Spring practice started. It has been known for at least a couple of weeks that the Spring game would be April 1. I don't follow anywhere near every thing said/written about MSU football, and I still knew that without really trying. Where do you get your MSU news? The Freep? LSJ? Maybe you should complain to them for not adequately informing you.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:40

Vlad wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Yeah, I don't think you wrote anything to him.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:45

Vlad wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

And now he moves to the absurd.   Exactly what role does coachD have in determining criminal charges?

That's not in reference to MD but to the slow play in general. MD has enough problems to deal with already. But he could provide an update on Lewerke for sure. That wouldn't be "absurd".

It's a bad look.
The fact you think it's bad look only tells me that he's doing everything just right.  

I tend to think it would be a bad look to reveal info about only one position group.  And who cares?  How does an update on Lewerke impact your life as a fan?  Here, let me help you out and give you some info.  "Brian's recovery is on schedule, and we look forward to his continued progress and his contributions on the field."  Now, does that make you feel better?  I don't have any inside info on Lewerke, but since you seem to be upset that there's not a canned, coach-speak response, I thought I'd give you one.  Would you honestly feel any better if Dantonio said the same thing?

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:53; edited 2 times in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:51

Vlad wrote:

And how's Brian Lewerke looking in spring camp? Would love to get some real updates from our once-respected head coach.
You may have a point here, Vlad. I mean, imagine if a UM player were charged with sexual assault. Or, better yet, what if the alleged incident happened in East Lansing. I bet there would be charges the next day. No way that could take 2 months............right?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:54

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

So now we are lumping in the MSU beat writer with message board trolls?

Their point is that he is not even talking about football. Lawyers are not prohibiting him from talking about that. Yesterday was pro day which is usually something you promote. Solari says the Spring game is April 1. This is the first time I have even heard about it and had no idea practice had even started.
Yes, the beat writers are effectively trolls. Though when newspaper reporters do it, it's usually called click bait. Six of one, half dozen of another. When they have no information, they can't write anything, which hurts the clicks even more.

I'm sorry that you don't pay enough attention to know that spring practice starts or that the spring game is April 1. Don't blame MD because you don't pay attention. Do you need a headline or major article in a paper? It was well known when Spring practice started. It has been known for at least a couple of weeks that the Spring game would be April 1. I don't follow anywhere near every thing said/written about MSU football, and I still knew that without really trying. Where do you get your MSU news? The Freep? LSJ? Maybe you should complain to them for not adequately informing you.

Unlike Herbz, I'm well informed! I knew that spring practice has started. I knew that the spring game is on April 1, which is also the beginning of spring break in the area, so they're expecting around 1000 fans (give or take) who will be freezing their 2000 balls off (give or take). Well done Mr. AD and Mr. HC! Keep this mess under wraps!

Oh, and I have carefully examined the still photographs being released from practice. All looks good form what these untrained eyes can tell.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 15:56

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Vlad wrote:

You may have a point here, Vlad. I mean, imagine if a UM player were charged with sexual assault. Or, better yet, what if the alleged incident happened in East Lansing. I bet there would be charges the next day. No way that could take 2 months............right?

Nice try Miami, but I'm referring to the hypocrisy regarding fan reaction.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 16:02

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Vlad wrote:

It's a bad look.
The fact you think it's bad look only tells me that he's doing everything just right.  

I tend to think it would be a bad look to reveal info about only one position group.  And who cares?  How does an update on Lewerke impact your life as a fan?  Here, let me help you out and give you some info.  "Brian's recovery is on schedule, and we look forward to his continued progress and his contributions on the field."  Now, does that make you feel better?  I don't have any inside info on Lewerke, but since you seem to be upset that there's not a canned, coach-speak response, I thought I'd give you one.  Would you honestly feel any better if Dantonio said the same thing?

Yes, yes I would. Because I liked it when he said "It's not over. It'll never be over! It's just getting started." I liked it when he said "I find a lot of things they do amusing". I liked it when he said "We shoved it up their...it got shoved". I liked it when he said "we're recruiting high character kids who want to be at MSU." I liked it when he said "The depth on this team is better than at any point since I've been here."

So I like it when he speaks. It's just not the same when you try to speak for him Miami. You sound weak. MD is not weak, but he sure looks weak in the moment.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 16:21

Vlad wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Nice try Miami, but I'm referring to the hypocrisy regarding fan reaction.
You're firing your trolling shots in so many directions, it's hard to keep up with which one is which.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 16:30

Vlad wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Yes, yes I would. Because I liked it when he said "It's not over. It'll never be over! It's just getting started." I liked it when he said "I find a lot of things they do amusing". I liked it when he said "We shoved it up their...it got shoved". I liked it when he said "we're recruiting high character kids who want to be at MSU." I liked it when he said "The depth on this team is better than at any point since I've been here."

So I like it when he speaks. It's just not the same when you try to speak for him Miami. You sound weak. MD is not weak, but he sure looks weak in the moment.
You say he's not weak, but you don't respect him anymore. Yet you still want him to make a nothing statement about nothing. What good is a nothing statement from someone that you don't respect? Honestly, that surprises me that you would buy into that kind of stuff even if you did respect the person saying it. Those worthless vanilla statements always seem like they're geared for the lowest common denominator (not just in sports, but business, politics, whatever). Maybe it's just the cynic in me.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 16:39

Where's Dantonio? - Page 2 Danton10
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 16:59

Where's Dantonio? - Page 2 Sparty10
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Vlad wrote:

You say he's not weak, but you don't respect him anymore. Yet you still want him to make a nothing statement about nothing. What good is a nothing statement from someone that you don't respect? Honestly, that surprises me that you would buy into that kind of stuff even if you did respect the person saying it. Those worthless vanilla statements always seem like they're geared for the lowest common denominator (not just in sports, but business, politics, whatever). Maybe it's just the cynic in me.

Because he wants to be able to criticize him for giving only vanilla statements.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:16

Where's Dantonio? - Page 2 Campus10
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:20

Where's Dantonio? - Page 2 Bell-t11

Last edited by Nordic on Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:34; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:31

Where's Dantonio? - Page 2 Move-i10
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:36

Nordic wrote:Where's Dantonio? - Page 2 Bell-t10
I'll admit, I didn't know what you were doing until I saw this one and noticed MD clearly. I thought you were just posting pictures of the beautiful campus, Spartans enjoying being Spartans, etc. (though I really didn't get the connection with the first picture).

I'm up to speed now, but maybe my brain is telling me it's time to go home for the day.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:58

Where's Dantonio? - Page 2 1966794946
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 18:40

Ok, he's over there
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 23 Mar 2017 - 19:09

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Vlad wrote:

You're the one who said he makes "nothing statements", don't credit that to me. I think he makes "something" statements.

Anyway, what a fucking dumpster fire huh?? That great win over Iowa feels like it happened a decade ago. Just when we thought we had turned the corner for good.

WTF Dantonio??
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next