Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting at congressional softball practice

+16
WhiteBoyHatcher
Toe
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
SeeRockCity
steveschneider
Rocinante
BleacherSwill
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
DWags
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at congressional softball practice

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-14, 11:28

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:“The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover. "

Jesus.  And what's the only reason you needed cover?  Here we go again.

House hearing on gun legislation canceled after shooting
Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting at congressional softball practice

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-14, 11:30

SeeRockCity wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

It's gonna get there.

Just an FYI for all yall. The general rule is that I leave it here while it's active news. So, in this case, I'll probably move it in a couple of hours. If it were on the level of Orlando last year, maybe a couple of days. It doesn't even really matter to me how "binny" it's getting. Once it's no longer active news, I move it. If you're posting something that isn't active news, (or if it's active political news, like say a testimony in congress) then it gets moved right away.

Reasonable approach.
I agree completely.

+1
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-14, 11:34

From his hometown newspaper....

Congressional shooter is 66-year-old Belleville man

The shooter who fired at congressmen and aides during practice for a baseball game Wednesday morning is from Belleville.

The shooter is James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, who belongs to a number of anti-Republican groups, including one called .

Hodgkinson, 66, owns a home-inspection business. Hodgkinson was a licensed home inspector from 1994 to 1997, when his license expired, according records from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. He also held a license from 2003 to 2016, but it was not renewed.

Two days ago, Hodgkinson posted an angry tweet about President Donald Trump on Facebook.

“I Want to Say Mr. President, for being an ass hole you are Truly the Biggest Ass Hole We Have Ever Had in the Oval Office,” he wrote on Facebook.

He is a member of a number of anti-Republican groups on Facebook, including one called “Terminate the Republican Party.”

▪ “The Road to Hell is Paved with Republicans”

▪ “Donald Trump is not my President”

▪ “President Bernie Sanders”

▪ “Illinois Berners United to Resist Trump”

▪ “Boycott the Republican Party”

▪ “Expose Republican Fraud”

▪ “Terminate the Republican Party”

Hodgkinson took a Democratic ballot in the primary election in 2016.

In 2012, Hodgkinson took part in a protest outside the downtown Belleville post office. He said he was part of a “99%” team drawing attention to the amount of money and political power the top 1 percent of Americans acquired.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-06-14, 11:40

Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 2 Giphy
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-14, 11:45

LooseGoose wrote:From his hometown newspaper....

Congressional shooter is 66-year-old Belleville man

The shooter who fired at congressmen and aides during practice for a baseball game Wednesday morning is from Belleville.

The shooter is James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, who belongs to a number of anti-Republican groups, including one called .

Hodgkinson, 66, owns a home-inspection business. Hodgkinson was a licensed home inspector from 1994 to 1997, when his license expired, according records from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. He also held a license from 2003 to 2016, but it was not renewed.

Two days ago, Hodgkinson posted an angry tweet about President Donald Trump on Facebook.

“I Want to Say Mr. President, for being an ass hole you are Truly the Biggest Ass Hole We Have Ever Had in the Oval Office,” he wrote on Facebook.

He is a member of a number of anti-Republican groups on Facebook, including one called “Terminate the Republican Party.”

▪ “The Road to Hell is Paved with Republicans”

▪ “Donald Trump is not my President”

▪ “President Bernie Sanders”

▪ “Illinois Berners United to Resist Trump”

▪ “Boycott the Republican Party”

▪ “Expose Republican Fraud”

▪ “Terminate the Republican Party”

Hodgkinson took a Democratic ballot in the primary election in 2016.

In 2012, Hodgkinson took part in a protest outside the downtown Belleville post office. He said he was part of a “99%” team drawing attention to the amount of money and political power the top 1 percent of Americans acquired.

he seems like a smart guy who just made a bad decision.

thoughts and prayers should do the trick.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-14, 13:11

Great, coast-to-coast shootings today.

Good Morning America‏Verified account @GMA 5m5 minutes ago
WATCH: Police responding to shooting at UPS facility in San Francisco: http://abcn.ws/2sb6CiW  LIVE: http://ABCNews.com/LIVE
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-14, 13:19

People with guns who aren't law enforcement or on duty military never makes me feel more safe.

Violent lunacy is non-partisan
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-14, 13:28

Floyd Robertson wrote:Great, coast-to-coast shootings today.

WATCH: Police responding to shooting at UPS facility in San Francisco: http://abcn.ws/2sb6CiW  LIVE: http://ABCNews.com/LIVE
you'd almost thing that thoughts and prayers aren't working.. Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-14, 13:44

Were officially at that point where the 24/7 cable media needs to stop talking since there isn't anything new to say. But they won't. They'll just rile people up some more since everyone seems to think that this event justifies how right their side has been all along.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-14, 13:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Were officially at that point where the 24/7 cable media needs to stop talking since there isn't anything new to say. But they won't. They'll just rile people up some more since everyone seems to think that this event justifies how right their side has been all along.
yep - the mainstream media will do what it does best - host scream-fests with pre-determined agendas and laugh all the way to the bank as the American public suffers.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-14, 14:02

Very angry and deranged person bought a semi-automatic rifle, dozens of rounds of ammunition and drove over 12 hours/1300 miles in an attempt to kill people with whom he had political differences.

We will hear a lot about kumbaya and bi-partisanship and we n 2 weeks or less we'll see it all go back to business as usual.

Angry people with guns aren't limited to Islamic terrorists.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-06-14, 14:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Were officially at that point where the 24/7 cable media needs to stop talking since there isn't anything new to say. But they won't. They'll just rile people up some more since everyone seems to think that this event justifies how right their side has been all along.
yep - the mainstream media will do what it does best - host scream-fests with pre-determined agendas and laugh all the way to the bank as the American public suffers.

Thank god we have Alex Jones who will report that this is all fake and do his best to enrage the families of the victims.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-06-14, 14:18

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: yep - the mainstream media will do what it does best - host scream-fests with pre-determined agendas and laugh all the way to the bank as the American public suffers.

Thank god we have Alex Jones who will report that this is all fake and do his best to enrage the families of the victims.

You think Alex Jones will claim this one was a hoax? I doubt it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-14, 14:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

No, he claimed that CNN endorsed it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-06-14, 14:42

Floyd Robertson wrote:Great, coast-to-coast shootings today.

Three dead, plus the shooter.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-14, 15:28

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/40250389/are-they-republicans-or-democrats-suspected-gunman-asked
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-06-14, 15:29

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/av/40250389/are-they-republicans-or-democrats-suspected-gunman-asked

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-14, 15:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/av/40250389/are-they-republicans-or-democrats-suspected-gunman-asked

I guess it definitely qualifies as a hate crime.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-14, 15:42

GOP rep. received threatening email with subject line 'One down, 216 to go...' after lawmaker shooting

Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 2 Emailthreat

This country. Damn.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-14, 15:50

I hope Trump's security team is on high alert. Seriously.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-14, 15:50

if only we had leadership that could model a calming sense of civility, dignity and respect.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-14, 15:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I hope Trump's security team is on high alert. Seriously.
I hope so, too.

oh - and here is video of him suggesting that the "second amendment people" do something about Hillary..

when this is the leadership of the country, it's easy to see how we got to where we are.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-14, 16:17

Wasn't that long ago the SarahPac (Palin) website's with photos of sitting members of Congress up for re-election with crosshairs that SarahPac was "targeting"

It's awful and I would like to see the nonsense stop but we just went through a very vitriolic election cycle and less than 2 weeks ago we saw a Congressional candidate in Montana knock down and choke a reporter because he didn't like the questions he was being asked.

I'm of the opinion we have seen a major breakdown in civil political discourse beginning with Gingrich's pledge that was a defecto proclamation that the other side of the aisle were enemies rather than colleagues.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-06-14, 16:23

Alright I think it's time to take this to the Bin.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-14, 16:29

Death Roe wrote:Alright I think it's time to take this to the Bin.

Neat!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-06-14, 16:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Alright I think it's time to take this to the Bin.

Neat!

Rolling Eyes
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-14, 16:51

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5471292591001/?#sp=show-clips
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-06-14, 16:57

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:http://video.foxnews.com/v/5471292591001/?#sp=show-clips
A news show claimed there were 66 shots heard in that vid. Amazing no one but the gunman died.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-06-14, 20:23

I never would have guessed a 66 year old would do this. Seems strange to snap at that age and not sooner
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-06-14, 20:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Alex Jones. Please.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-06-14, 20:41

CORNER BLITZ wrote:I never would have guessed a 66 year old would do this. Seems strange to snap at that age and not sooner

Based on Facebook posts that've been shared here and elsewhere, he seemed to have lost it before age 66. OTOH, I do wonder what finally drove him to the breaking point.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-06-14, 21:07

tGreenWay wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:I never would have guessed a 66 year old would do this. Seems strange to snap at that age and not sooner

Based on Facebook posts that've been shared here and elsewhere, he seemed to have lost it before age 66. OTOH, I do wonder what finally drove him to the breaking point.
Pretty clear he was a Trump hater. Leftwing lunatic fringe
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-15, 07:56

pretty ironic that the very legislative wing that gleefully advocates that people with a violent past be given unfettered access to guns and ammo have it used against them.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-15, 08:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:pretty ironic that the very legislative wing that gleefully advocates that people with a violent past be given unfettered access to guns and ammo have it used against them.

I don't know how much time needs to pass for something like this to be said, but I recall James Brady's family doing an about face on some of that stuff.

I've always spoke freely about archaism weed laws at family and social gatherings. Then you find weed in your house that wasn't yours or your wife's. Ooops. Time to shut up about how the man be oppressing us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-15, 08:45

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:pretty ironic that the very legislative wing that gleefully advocates that people with a violent past be given unfettered access to guns and ammo have it used against them.

I don't know how much time needs to pass for something like this to be said, but I recall James Brady's family doing an about face on some of that stuff.

I've always spoke freely about archaism weed laws at family and social gatherings.  Then you find weed in your house that wasn't yours or your wife's.   Ooops.  Time to shut up about how the man be oppressing us.
true.. had a lot of respect for Jim Brady and his wife.

I'm doing some pretty excessive eye-rolling as I read reports of how "emotional" and "shaken" Congress is about this..

try being a first grader and hearing your classmates getting murdered as you hide under a desk.. only to live to see Congress do absolutely nothing to try to ensure that a tragedy such as that never happens again.

oh - and, it's also interesting that it took congress 153 mass shootings this year before, suddenly, they got "emotional" or "shaken".

Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-15, 08:55

Congress this morning- "we have to tone down the rhetoric, soften the message, etc etc etc"

President this morning- "this is a WITCH HUNT led by some very bad and conflicted people"
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-06-15, 09:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Congress this morning- "we have to tone down the rhetoric, soften the message, etc etc etc"

President this morning- "this is a WITCH HUNT led by some very bad and conflicted people"
Didn't one of the sons claim that democrats, or liberal aren't real people?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-15, 09:17

Eric Trump- "democrats are not even people."

But that was before yesterday. Trump this morning is most certainly after but he probably doesn't really care about any of that
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-15, 10:31

difficult to advocate for civility when the leader of the country is a racist bigot who brags about sexually assaulting women and promotes violence at his rallies.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-06-15, 11:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I've always spoke freely about archaism weed laws at family and social gatherings.  Then you find weed in your house that wasn't yours or your wife's.   Ooops.  Time to shut up about how the man be oppressing us.
true.. had a lot of respect for Jim Brady and his wife.

I'm doing some pretty excessive eye-rolling as I read reports of how "emotional" and "shaken" Congress is about this..

try being a first grader and hearing your classmates getting murdered as you hide under a desk.. only to live to see Congress do absolutely nothing to try to ensure that a tragedy such as that never happens again.

oh - and, it's also interesting that it took congress 153 mass shootings this year before, suddenly, they got "emotional" or "shaken".

Rolling Eyes

I was thinking the same thing. Ok, now's the moment we might need to do some self reflection. It's almost like the NRA sent out a memo like hey if our guys get killed...bad news.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next