Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting at congressional softball practice

+16
WhiteBoyHatcher
Toe
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
SeeRockCity
steveschneider
Rocinante
BleacherSwill
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
DWags
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 3 Empty Re: Shooting at congressional softball practice

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-15, 11:54

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
true.. had a lot of respect for Jim Brady and his wife.

I'm doing some pretty excessive eye-rolling as I read reports of how "emotional" and "shaken" Congress is about this..

try being a first grader and hearing your classmates getting murdered as you hide under a desk.. only to live to see Congress do absolutely nothing to try to ensure that a tragedy such as that never happens again.

oh - and, it's also interesting that it took congress 153 mass shootings this year before, suddenly, they got "emotional" or "shaken".

Rolling Eyes

I was thinking the same thing.  Ok, now's the moment we might need to do some self reflection. It's almost like the NRA sent out a memo like hey if our guys get killed...bad news.
I think our country could benefit in a tremendous way if some Republican decided "enough" and took on the money/power of the NRA - and if there ever was a time to do it (other than when 20 five/six year olds were murdered), now would be the time.

unfortunately, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 3 Empty Re: Shooting at congressional softball practice

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-15, 12:00

Rep Chuck Fleischmann, who was on scene, to CNN: “After today I wonder whether or not I will ever feel safe going to a baseball field.”

now imagine if these were your classmates, friends and teachers.. and you're 6 years old..

Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 3 Article-2344012-1A63B605000005DC-481_634x792

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-29, 13:15

Does trump bullying on social media help or hurt this stuff?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-06-29, 13:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rep Chuck Fleischmann, who was on scene, to CNN: “After today I wonder whether or not I will ever feel safe going to a baseball field.”

now imagine if these were your classmates, friends and teachers.. and you're 6 years old..

Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 3 Article-2344012-1A63B605000005DC-481_634x792

Sorry, just thoughts and prayers. Not shaken yet since they aren't bought and paid by the NRA. Those lives dont matter quite as much as those making the laws.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-29, 13:39

DWags wrote:Does trump bullying on social media help or hurt this stuff?

I thinking that the NRAs latest propaganda film is much much worse than what the lunatic idiot president has to say. Warning- people buy into this shit. Fer real.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1605896562755373&id=665345483483486&_rdr

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-29, 14:54

It's all fake news according to Trump suppoter Alex Jones and don't forget the First Lady's focus is on cyber bullying. We can only hope her quest begins at home.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-29, 16:15

Strangely not a peep about staying on topic as this thread goes off the rails.

More 1 way modding.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-29, 16:25

LooseGoose wrote:Strangely not a peep about staying on topic as this thread goes off the rails.

More 1 way modding.

Goose, I don't know if you noticed the thread that you posted in, but there isn't really a mod around here at the moment. But good job playing victim. You're the pro!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-29, 16:35

LooseGoose wrote:Strangely not a peep about staying on topic as this thread goes off the rails.

More 1 way modding.

Back and playing victim again. Why are all "conservatives" victims?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-29, 18:16

GRR Spartan wrote:It's all fake news according to Trump suppoter Alex Jones and don't forget the First Lady's focus is on cyber bullying. We can only hope her quest begins at home.

Her spokes person says "if Donald gets hit, he hits back ten times harder." I think maybe that's the way we should tell bullying victims how to handle shit. Maybe send them to the NRA to get a gun.

MAKE
AMERICA
GREAT
AGAIN

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-29, 18:25

More 1 way modding.

I'd say the thread went off the rails when you called it "normal violence". It was awhile ago...you probably forgot.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-29, 19:41

Was it abnormal? From the same group that's been rioting for months?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-02, 10:37

Varad Mehta‏ @varadmehta 10m10 minutes ago
More
Media then: violent lefty rhetoric had nothing to do with the Scalise shooting
Media now: Trump's wrestling GIF will get journos killed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-02, 10:54

Its leftists and you are better. We get it.
That's why you and Trump know the difference between facts and Fake News.

"Fascism says nothing’s true. Your daily life is not important. The facts that you think you understand are not important. All that matters is the myth ― the myth of one nation as together the myth of the mystical connection with the leader.

When we think of “Post-truth,” we think it’s something new. We think it’s something at campuses. We think it’s something irrelevant. Actually, what post-truth does is it paves the way for regime change. If we don’t have access to facts, we can’t trust each other. Without trust, there’s no law. Without law, there’s no democracy.

So if you want to rip the heart out of a democracy directly, if you want to go right at it and kill it, what you do is you go after facts. And that is what modern authoritarians do.

Step one: You lie yourself, all the time. Step two: You say it’s your opponents and the journalists who lie. Step three: Everyone looks around and says, “What is truth? There is no truth.”

And then, resistance is impossible, and the game is over. "
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-06, 16:34

McKay Coppins‏Verified account @mckaycoppins 40m40 minutes ago
More
One of the protesters arrested at @JeffFlake's office made this threat, according to an aide: http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/35826246/man-accused-of-making-shooting-threat-at-senators-tucson-office …
Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 3 DEE6XUBUMAAEkk7
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-06, 17:19

LooseGoose wrote:
More
One of the protesters arrested at @JeffFlake's office made this threat, according to an aide: http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/35826246/man-accused-of-making-shooting-threat-at-senators-tucson-office …

Would that statement stop him from buying any type of automatic? If so, would the NRA go crazy if he wasn't allowed?

Last edited by DWags on 2017-07-06, 17:21; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-06, 17:19

Fake Message
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-06, 19:39

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
More

Would that statement stop him from buying any type of automatic? If so, would the NRA go crazy if he wasn't allowed?

Yes since automatics aren't readily for sale. The NRA knows that and accepts it. That's not really a problem though since 1934 there have only been 2 murders committed using automatic weapons.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-06, 19:43

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yes since automatics aren't readily for sale. The NRA knows that and accepts it. That's not really a problem though since 1934 there have only been 2 murders committed using automatic weapons.

So, he can buy one. God bless the second amendment
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-06, 21:35

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It's good to see you on the side of Freedom.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-06, 21:38

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

It's good to see you on the side of Freedom.

Just like those guys getting our info in D.C. Cause we voted.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-06, 22:24

Since semi-automatics kill does that make wanting their to protect those sales more patriotic?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-07, 09:17

GRR Spartan wrote:Since semi-automatics kill does that make wanting their to protect those sales more patriotic?

Please link me to any article featuring a killing by a semi automatic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-07-07, 09:28

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Since semi-automatics kill does that make wanting their to protect those sales more patriotic?

Didn't the shooter in Orlando have a semi automatic rifle?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-08, 09:30

Man arrested for making threats to Senator Ernst

Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 3 Simet-0105-1499445767.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-07-08, 10:42

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Didn't the shooter in Orlando have a semi automatic rifle?

Goose? Do you have an answer for this, or do I need to link an article?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-08, 11:38

The OP has a magic filter to know what news is FAKE and what might be real.

Should we accept the Congressman being shot was real but the students and school staff shot and killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School was Fake?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-08, 14:53

GRR Spartan wrote: but the students and school staff shot and killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School was Fake?

Making things up again. You have never once seen me reference Sandy Hook as anything but real. Can't argue the facts, make things up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-07-08, 15:25

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote: but the students and school staff shot and killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School was Fake?

Making things up again. You have never once seen me reference Sandy Hook as anything but real. Can't argue the facts, make things up.

Did the shooter in Orlando have a semi automatic rifle?

Just the facts please.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-08, 16:25

LooseGoose wrote:

Semi automatic at Sandy Hook

Attorney General Report Goose will have to spin ... again.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-08, 16:29

I for one don't give a shit what kind of gun was used to kill 26 kids or 50 people at a nightclub. The argument that it wasn't automatic or semi automatic doesn't make it any better.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-08, 16:32

In fact, the more I think about it you guys...

"An automatic weapon was used to kill 26 kids at an elementary school"
"It wasn't automatic you stupid dumb idiot"
"Okay, fine, get rid of whatever killed 26 kids."

What is even the argument there?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-08, 16:41

Travis, it's kind of pathetically fun when I'm bored to check gooses right wing publications and check his outright lies on here. I know it doesn't effect him as he then just doesn't answer or ignores or moves on, but it gives me something to do. It's a quick check.

To be sure you are 100% correct regarding this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-08, 16:47

DWags wrote:Travis, it's kind of pathetically fun when I'm bored to check gooses right wing publications and check his outright lies on here. I know it doesn't effect him as he then just doesn't answer or ignores or moves on, but it gives me something to do. It's a quick check.

You know, I don't necessarily think that goose is a stupid person. It's just that most of his posts are just a link to something that he thinks supports his point, which is never even really a point since all he does is copy paste something he saw on twitter. He leans on the thoughts of others. He's a mirage of things that he saw on his conservative twitter. I don't know what Goose himself is. I think he should try to post his own thoughts more rather than rely only on others.

To be clear... if your own thoughts are nothing more than "well 97% of families think that we should have guns that can murder 26 kids in 5 minutes" then I'm gonna want a link for that study. But if your thoughts are "we should have these guns so i can protect myself from phantom bogeymen despite the tragedies that happen as a result of my irrational fears" then that's fine and we can debate that ridiculous point.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-08, 16:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:Travis, it's kind of pathetically fun when I'm bored to check gooses right wing publications and check his outright lies on here. I know it doesn't effect him as he then just doesn't answer or ignores or moves on, but it gives me something to do. It's a quick check.

You know, I don't necessarily think that goose is a stupid person. It's just that most of his posts are just a link to something that he thinks supports his point, which is never even really a point since all he does is copy paste something he saw on twitter. He leans on the thoughts of others. He's a mirage of things that he saw on his conservative twitter. I don't know what Goose himself is. I think he should try to post his own thoughts more rather than rely only on others.

To be clear... if your own thoughts are nothing more than "well 97% of families think that we should have guns that can murder 26 kids in 5 minutes" then I'm gonna want a link for that study. But if your thoughts are "we should have these guns so i can protect myself from phantom bogeymen despite the tragedies that happen as a result of my irrational fears" then that's fine and we can debate that ridiculous point.

I've gone down a worm hole looking at some of the publications and authors he's linked. Creeped myself out a couple times. I say to myself, there are people who believe this stuff and frankly it's scary.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-08, 17:34

Folks love to label things Fake News then act as if they're offended when you mention events (like Sandy Hook Elementary School killings, Seth Rich killing and other tragedies) that some of the same publications they have linked to support their Fake News claims have jumped on board.

The OP of the Fake News thread has already posted that he can tolerate anything else President Trump does so long as he appoints SCOTUS Associate Justices who will reverse Roe v Wade.

I take that to mean it's acceptable for President Trump to lie about things like recording conversations in The White House, lie about numbers of illegal voters, favor being able to sue news organizations for libel and profit from holding meetings with foreign leaders at his private golf clubs.

It all comes down to the OP being a Trump foot soldier claiming anything that doesn't President Trump in a positive light is Fake News.

That constant line of attack has worked in Russia and now Turkey so effectively those citizens have checked out of caring. Trump with Sec of State Tillerson and the OP's help are trying to make it work here. Russian involvement in US elections is in the past and US / Russian relations are too important to dwell on old (they want us to believe) Fake News.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-09, 12:26

Why People Hate The Media, Chapter MDCXIII

“I can’t say for sure if this Hodgkinson guy listened to me, but he probably did,” Romanik said in a recent interview. “If people would be honest about what drove Hodgkinson to the point of violence, you’d probably see a lot of people right on the same page with him all over the country. But around here, for sure.”

That’s it. That’s all they have here. The only connection between the left-wing shooter and this repulsive right-wing lunatic who mouths off on a small radio station is the speculation of the host himself.

The Washington Post built an entire story around this — a story that blames right-wing talk radio for a left-wing crackpot opening fire on a baseball field full of Republicans, because they are Republicans.

Let that sink in: the Washington Post blames right-wing talk radio for a left-winger’s assassination attempt on Republican politicians.

Donald Trump doesn’t have to encourage people to hate the media. The media are doing a good job of that on their own. “Democracy dies in darkness” — what self-regarding horses**t! How does a story like this get published? Was there no one in that newsroom who questioned the premise of the piece? How would the media react if the conservative Washington Times blamed Dylann Roof’s massacre of the black churchgoers in Charleston on Black Lives Matter?

Remember the June 2016 massacre of gay clubgoers in Orlando? Killer Omar Mateen was a radical Muslim who pledged allegiance to ISIS in a call from inside the club, where he was in the process of slaughtering dozens. The New York Times reported this on June 12, in a story that also quoted Mateen’s co-workers as saying that he often talked of killing people, and expressed hatred of blacks, Jews, gays, and women.

Three days later, the the editorial board of The New York Times blamed Republicans:

While the precise motivation for the rampage remains unclear, it is evident that Mr. Mateen was driven by hatred toward gays and lesbians. Hate crimes don’t happen in a vacuum. They occur where bigotry is allowed to fester, where minorities are vilified and where people are scapegoated for political gain. Tragically, this is the state of American politics, driven too often by Republican politicians who see prejudice as something to exploit, not extinguish.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-14, 09:45

Nothing to see here, just another leftist politician threatening to kill the President.

Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 3 APonMaineRepTrumpThreat071217
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-14, 09:52

Were you going to post the article about the Michigan politician that called for a genocide of Muslims or nah? Prolly nah. Funny thing is the dude refuses to even issue a token apology. He just fuckin doubled down. But yeah, wrong side of the fence so goose prolly wasn't gonna post it. Sad.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-14, 09:55

LooseGoose wrote:Nothing to see here, just another leftist politician threatening to kill the President.

Shooting at congressional softball practice  - Page 3 APonMaineRepTrumpThreat071217

I'll see your implied presidential death threat and raise you one Trump supporter who wants to kill all Muslims.

"Sieting said his comments are protected by the First Amendment and that those trying to oust him from office are only doing so because they oppose President Donald Trump."
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/07/12/kalkaska-village-president-facebook/103632858/
Damnit Travis!

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2017-07-14, 09:56; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next