Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: So it has begun. Strike against North Korea approved by our leader.

+13
NigelUno
msugolfguy
I.B. Fine
kingstonlake
DWags
Cameron
Herbie Green
tGreenWay
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: So it has begun. Strike against North Korea approved by our leader.  Empty BREAKING NEWS: So it has begun. Strike against North Korea approved by our leader.

Post by Turtleneck Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:44 am

‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un,’ evangelical adviser says
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/08/08/god-has-given-trump-authority-to-take-out-kim-jong-un-evangelical-adviser-says/?utm_term=.48bd59da5626

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: So it has begun. Strike against North Korea approved by our leader.  Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: So it has begun. Strike against North Korea approved by our leader.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:46 am

Alternatively

God Angrily Clarifies 'Don't Kill' Rule
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: So it has begun. Strike against North Korea approved by our leader.  Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: So it has begun. Strike against North Korea approved by our leader.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:55 am

we need to investigate where this religious extremist was radicalized..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:58 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:we need to investigate where this religious extremist was radicalized..

Bob, a pro-lifer believes in actions that could result in a nuclear event. You might want to point that out.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:37 am

While dear leader is threatening a ballistic missile attack it wouldn't surprise me to see the North Koreans use a dirty bomb at an international proprty with Trump's name on it.

After seeing the ham handed assasination of the step brother in an airport, anything is possible
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:41 am

That guy sounds like a real piece of shit
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:44 am

GRR Spartan wrote:While dear leader is threatening a ballistic missile attack it wouldn't surprise me to see the North Koreans use a dirty bomb at an international proprty with Trump's name on it.

After seeing the ham handed assasination of the step brother in an airport, anything is possible

It wouldn't surprise you? That would surprise me. That's a dark world you live in if that wouldn't surprise you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:01 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:we need to investigate where this religious extremist was radicalized..

Bob, a pro-lifer believes in actions that could result in a nuclear event. You might want to point that out.
like most right wing religious zealots, I suspect he's selectively "pro-life".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:04 am

We're not in Kansas anymore Toto.

North Korea is a rogue nation with nuclear material and a warhead requires more and higher quality nuclear material than a dirty bomb.

Given the regime's attitude towards its own citizens, its not a reach to see them set off a dirty bomb that would have as chilling an effect as a bomb delivered by an intercontinental ballistic missile at a fraction of the cost.

Trump's propensity to have his name on properties makes them easily identifiable targets and Trump is making this sound personal.

PS
Did anyone else notice Trump's defensive body language when he delivered the threat. He was hugging himself like he was frightened. No Nick Saban out front hand gestures. Trump was hiding his hands.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:08 am

GRR Spartan wrote:We're not in Kansas anymore Toto.

North Korea is a rogue nation with nuclear material and a warhead requires more and higher quality nuclear material than a dirty bomb.

Given the regime's attitude towards its own citizens, its not a reach to see them set off a dirty bomb that would have as chilling an effect as a bomb delivered by an intercontinental ballistic missile at a fraction of the cost.

Trump's propensity to have his name on properties makes them easily identifiable targets and Trump is making this sound personal.

PS
Did anyone else notice Trump's defensive body language when he delivered the threat. He was hugging himself like he was frightened. No Nick Saban out front hand gestures. Trump was hiding his hands.

That is like the very definition of a reach.

Interestingly today I was reading that South Koreans are a hell of a lot less concerned about our presidents bluster than Americans are. But we're an easily frightened nation who don't always think rationally.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:13 am

Rational national leaders don't order familial assasinations of shore.

Listen to Lindsay Graham about protecting "The Homeland" and Trump's rhetoric. The South Korean populace has never had to depend on the actions of a US President like Trump.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:14 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Interestingly today I was reading that South Koreans are a hell of a lot less concerned about our presidents bluster than Americans are. But we're an easily frightened nation who don't always think rationally.

I don't like relativism. If this president has proven one thing it's that all the things we think he can't do, he can do. It's a far off unlikely thing until it's not.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:16 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Rational national leaders don't order familial assasinations of shore.

Listen to Lindsay Graham about protecting "The Homeland" and Trump's rhetoric. The South Korean populace has never had to depend on the actions of a US President like Trump.

Grr I'm going to let you know with 100% certainty that North Korea is not sending a dirty bomb to a trump property. You want to panic over them launching a nuke, go for it. But I wouldn't stress about dirty bombs. I hope this assurance helps you sleep at night.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:17 am

Rocinante wrote:

I don't like relativism. If this president has proven one thing it's that all the things we think he can't do, he can do. It's a far off unlikely thing until it's not.

Actually if he's proven anything it's that he talks a looooooot and never actually does anything.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:21 am

Rocinante wrote:

Actually if he's proven anything it's that he talks a looooooot and never actually does anything.

He couldn't win, he won. He couldn't get away with not releasing his taxes, he has. He couldn't get away with using the presidency to profit, he has. He's already used his bombs, the only thing different here is the target. Why do we think he can't attack North Korea? Who's actually going to step up and stop him?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:26 am

Rocinante wrote:

He couldn't win, he won. He couldn't get away with not releasing his taxes, he has. He couldn't get away with using the presidency to profit, he has. He's already used his bombs, the only thing different here is the target. Why do we think he can't attack North Korea? Who's actually going to step up and stop him?

Dog you gotta eliminate the pre inauguration stuff. We gonna talk about a real estate deal he did? Those aren't the same thing.

Look, I just think everyone is panicking a little bit too much based off of the word of an idiot who apparently didn't even talk to his nsc before saying that. So in answer to your question of who is going to stop him- all those generals he insists on having around.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:07 pm

Travis I'm not panicking.

I'm pointing out a method of mayhem that would cause as much of a disruption at a much lower cost.

Until Trump shot his mouth off (while stuffing both hands under his armpits) North Korea was doing what its done since it acquired nuclear technology and started producing its own fission material.

Trump upped the ante. The most dangerous thing about Trump is he thinks he has all the answers. If you don't hink this isn't playing to his voter base I think you are kidding yourself. We as a nation can tolerate his loose cannon style about a border wall, his propensity to lie etc.

Threatening a nulclear power is a whole new ballgame.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:12 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Travis I'm not panicking.

I'm pointing out a method of mayhem that would cause as much of a disruption at a much lower cost.

Until Trump shot his mouth off (while stuffing both hands under his armpits) North Korea was doing what its done since it acquired nuclear technology and started producing its own fission material.

Trump upped the ante. The most dangerous thing about Trump is he thinks he has all the answers. If you don't hink this isn't playing to his voter base I think you are kidding yourself. We as a nation can tolerate his loose cannon style about a border wall, his propensity to lie etc.

Threatening a nulclear power is a whole new ballgame.

Method of mayhem implies that you think this guy is a terrorist. He's not a terrorist. He could have cause mayhem at any point for many years if he wanted to.

Ultimately he's probably not going to start anything because he is smart enough to know that the end result of any serious action is that he doesn't get to stay in control of his pet country where he gets to play God anymore. Will we start something? I tend to think probably not but who the hell knows. But he's not a terrorist that's going to go running out with a dirty bomb to some hotel. Like I said, thats at best a reach. More likely- completely inconceivable given any amount of logic.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:09 pm

And now Mattis has taken up the rhetoric. I know it's "just talk" but fuck this shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:13 pm

Rocinante wrote:

As I've said for months, he wants to use nukes. It's a byproduct of his mental sickness.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:16 pm

Rocinante wrote:

Dog you gotta eliminate the pre inauguration stuff. We gonna talk about a real estate deal he did? Those aren't the same thing.

Look, I just think everyone is panicking a little bit too much based off of the word of an idiot who apparently didn't even talk to his nsc before saying that. So in answer to your question of who is going to stop him- all those generals he insists on having around.

No panic. No panic.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:58 pm

Rocinante wrote:

You have really been liking that word lately.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

You must hate having to look it up every time that word is used.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:34 pm

The one thing Trump can do acting without consultation is launch a nuclear attack.  

Something they took away from Nixon in his last few weeks as President when he was drinking heavily.  Sec of State and Head of the Joint Chiefs had to be consulted if Nixon had given the order with codes.

If we were to go to a coventional war and folks like Travis were of draft age I don't think we'd see the calm its a big show attitude.

Trump is a loose cannon  and responding to a poor nation that dedicates a lot of its GDP into defense and nuclear weaponry does nothing but give North Korea more standing.  

I wonder how many of the Nuke'em till they glow folks are the same pious Evangelicals who justified the voting for Trump because of his pro-life stance.  Killing thousands of Koreans must not count as being as important as the unborn on this side of the pond.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:41 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I didn't even use it right there. I mean something more like "the belief that the next thing can't happen because it hasn't happened before".

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:45 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:The one thing Trump can do acting without consultation is launch a nuclear attack.  

Something they took away from Nixon in his last few weeks as President when he was drinking heavily.  Sec of State and Head of the Joint Chiefs had to be consulted if Nixon had given the order with codes.

If we were to go to a coventional war and folks like Travis were of draft age I don't think we'd see the calm its a big show attitude.

Trump is a loose cannon  and responding to a poor nation that dedicates a lot of its GDP into defense and nuclear weaponry does nothing but give North Korea more standing.  

I wonder how many of the Nuke'em till they glow folks are the same pious Evangelicals who justified the voting for Trump because of his pro-life stance.  Killing thousands of Koreans must not count as being as important as the unborn on this side of the pond.

You're simply over reacting a little bit man. Settle. Go have some Metamucil or whatever does it for you. You gotta recognize that the only reason I'm arguing with you is because you said some super stupid shit about dirty bombs. Concede that then you can have whatever panic attack you want and I'll leave you alone.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:47 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Alternatively

God Angrily Clarifies 'Don't Kill' Rule

+1
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:15 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:The one thing Trump can do acting without consultation is launch a nuclear attack.  

You're simply over reacting a little bit man. Settle. Go have some Metamucil or whatever does it for you. You gotta recognize that the only reason I'm arguing with you is because you said some super stupid shit about dirty bombs. Concede that then you can have whatever panic attack you want and I'll leave you alone.

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, and there's a decent chance I'll say it again: GRR needs a joint and a hug.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:27 pm

Cameron wrote:

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, and there's a decent chance I'll say it again: GRR needs a joint and a hug.

Honestly, I usually just ignore the guy. But talking about setting off dirty bombs as if North Korea is the same thing as some crazy terrorist state was sort of a line. I had to call that out for being lunacy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:49 pm

Meh, I'm not convinced there isn't a fail safe plan regards Trump and American Nukes. I might be overthinking this, but I have to believe it's been brought up among the joint chiefs and some key congressmen. Probably always is for every prez. Who knows. The guy seems nuts to me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:07 am

Little insomnia tonight after some inlaw issues

Sorry to say an insulting personna like Travis is better prepared to be President than the guy the Electoral College put in office under existing rules.

I know Travis has never been in a shooting war and wonder if he was alive for Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre but don't down play the game this administration is playing.  Threatening a pre-emptive strike to show "We mean business" just pushes the North Koreans to tweak Trump's nose more to infuriate him.

When do Trump's advisors tell him to shut the fuck up or does he have a non-nuclear raid on N. Korea as a "pre-emptive" strike which by all accounts will cause N. Korea to realease a 1000+ missiles towards Seoul and probably ar bases that house the 25000 to 30000 US troops, their families and US support personnel along with over 100,000 S. Koreans

Does he go after the N. Korean nuclear facilities?  If that happens the damage will cause nuclear debris to pollute N. Korea, S. Korea, Japan, China and Russia with Chernobyl levels of radiation.

We have never had a mouth first, maybe think later President.  

Travis go shoot some heroin and relax.  

Nothing to worry about with a President, Sec of State, Sec of Defense and a ranking US Senator talking about pre-emptive strikes to end up backing this President into a position where he thinks responsible leadership is some kind of attack of N. Korea.

Right now the only thing that may stop this President it is China threatening to revoke Ivanka's Trump Corp patents.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:58 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Little insomnia tonight after some inlaw issues

Sorry to say an insulting personna like Travis is better prepared to be President than the guy the Electoral College put in office under existing rules.

I know Travis has never been in a shooting war and wonder if he was alive for Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre but don't down play the game this administration is playing.  Threatening a pre-emptive strike to show "We mean business" just pushes the North Koreans to tweak Trump's nose more to infuriate him.

When do Trump's advisors tell him to shut the fuck up or does he have a non-nuclear raid on N. Korea as a "pre-emptive" strike which by all accounts will cause N. Korea to realease a 1000+ missiles towards Seoul and probably ar bases that house the 25000 to 30000 US troops, their families and US support personnel along with over 100,000 S. Koreans

Does he go after the N. Korean nuclear facilities?  If that happens the damage will cause nuclear debris to pollute N. Korea, S. Korea, Japan, China and Russia with Chernobyl levels of radiation.

We have never had a mouth first, maybe think later President.  

Travis go shoot some heroin and relax.  

Nothing to worry about with a President, Sec of State, Sec of Defense and a ranking US Senator talking about pre-emptive strikes to end up backing this President into a position where he thinks responsible leadership is some kind of attack of N. Korea.

Right now the only thing that may stop this President it is China threatening to revoke Ivanka's Trump Corp patents.

You guys I think our resident smarty pants thinks that this was an actual massacre since otherwise it makes absolutely no sense to bring this up within the context of the rest of the post.

Look guy, you're just wrong. Accept it and move on. You are wrong a lot. Usually not as wrong as this time.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:42 am

I was in the USN at the time of The Saturday Night Massacre. A busy time for base commanders and above because they were called in and were waiting on what Nixon might do next.

It appears Travis thinks we need to sit back knowing the North Korean regime isn't as crazy as the arrogant President.

I'm impressed that Travis knows more about N.Korea tha former US Ambassador Bill Richardson who thinks President Trump's rhetoric along with back up from Sec of State and Sec of Defense and Sen. Graham has pushed long time N. Korean diplomats Richardson has dealt with for years, to a harder, more specific hard line that he's ever experienced.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:48 am

GRR Spartan wrote:I was in the USN at the time of The Saturday Night Massacre. A busy time for base commanders and above because they were called in and were waiting on what Nixon might do next.

It appears Travis thinks we need to sit back knowing the North Korean regime isn't as crazy as the arrogant President.

I'm impressed that Travis knows more about N.Korea tha former US Ambassador Bill Richardson who thinks President Trump's rhetoric along with back up from Sec of State and Sec of Defense and Sen. Graham has pushed long time N. Korean diplomats Richardson has dealt with for years, to a harder, more specific hard line that he's ever experienced.

So... that relates to the rest of the post... how? Just because once again the only way you can consider anything is within the context of your own military experience?

Whatever, who cares. It doesn't matter.

I can't believe I need to reiterate this to you, but you're pretty thick. I didn't say that I think that nothing is going to happen. I said that the idea that nk sending a dirty bomb to a trump property is not a reach is patently ludicrous. Which it is. Because it's silly. It's explained to you several posts above in pretty simple language that I think even you can understand. I also said that people are overreacting a little bit to the idea of everyone's imminent doom. Which they are. Again, just so we're clear here, that doesn't mean that I think nothing is going to happen.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:01 am

When were you in the military or government service when a US President's behavior became so out of the norm the Joint Chiefs got involved?

In Oct '73 people were only concerned about chain of command because no one knew if Nixon's firings were going to start a domino effect and threaten the chain of command.

The they'll never do that attitude has nailed this country before and a 3rd generation N.Korean leader who has killed relatives to eliminate threats from within isn't someone who should be threatened openly.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:10 am

GRR Spartan wrote:I was in the USN at the time of The Saturday Night Massacre. A busy time for base commanders and above because they were called in and were waiting on what Nixon might do next.

So... that relates to the rest of the post... how? Just because once again the only way you can consider anything is within the context of your own military experience?

Whatever, who cares. It doesn't matter.

I can't believe I need to reiterate this to you, but you're pretty thick. I didn't say that I think that nothing is going to happen. I said that the idea that nk sending a dirty bomb to a trump property is not a reach is patently ludicrous. Which it is. Because it's silly. It's explained to you several posts above in pretty simple language that I think even you can understand. I also said that people are overreacting a little bit to the idea of everyone's imminent doom. Which they are. Again, just so we're clear here, that doesn't mean that I think nothing is going to happen.

Got it. Thx.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:31 am

I give this one to GRR in a blowout.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:33 am

BREAKING NEWS: So it has begun. Strike against North Korea approved by our leader.  502811600
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:55 am

Bump for more.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:58 am

Herbie Green wrote:I give this one to GRR in a blowout.

BREAKING NEWS: So it has begun. Strike against North Korea approved by our leader.  502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next