Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Michigan State win the East this year?

+17
Turtleneck
TheReal_LWS
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
Death Roe
SawGreen
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cameron
kingstonlake
Clarett's Folly
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Could we?

Could Michigan State win the East this year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Could Michigan State win the East this year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 9 ]
Could Michigan State win the East this year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap55%Could Michigan State win the East this year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 18 ]
Could Michigan State win the East this year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Could Michigan State win the East this year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 33

Could Michigan State win the East this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could Michigan State win the East this year?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-30, 21:44

At this point I'm actually begging OSU to figure it's shit out and win it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Could Michigan State win the East this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could Michigan State win the East this year?

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-07, 23:33

Bump
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-10-07, 23:37

FTR, I voted yes. But then I'm an unabashed sunshine optimist.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-07, 23:39

I still say no. OSU and PSU are the clear leaders. I think UM goes 0-3 against MSU, PSU, and OSU.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-07, 23:40

Bumped
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-07, 23:48

Bump Herbie style
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-07, 23:51

Winner of PSU/OSU takes it. We will hang with both teams and maybe even beat OSU but I think PSU probably beats us by 7-10.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-08, 00:20

I can see 9-1 plus the results of tOSU & PSU.....so 9-3 to 11-1 a damned Dantonio miracle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-11-05, 00:14

Someone should bump this thread. All of our goals are in front of us.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-05, 00:17

I’m sorry wbh you were right.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-11-05, 00:20

You don't know how I voted OTPT
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-05, 00:33

Ridiculous wbh you should be embarrassed of this thread
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-11-05, 00:35

bring me a pretzel travis I'm real hungry.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-11-05, 00:37

lol @ these talking heads. I could give a fuck less if the b1g makes the playoffs. If we win the East it would be fucking orgasmic. Win the title game and it would be Wags jerking off kingston level orgasmic
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-05, 00:38

What kind of dip do you want? Maybe some mustard maybe some cheese maybe some honey mustard if you’re feeling saucy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-05, 00:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:lol @ these talking heads. I could give a fuck less if the b1g makes the playoffs. If we win the East it would be fucking orgasmic. Win the title game and it would be Wags jerking off kingston level orgasmic

This though fuck the playoff
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-05, 00:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:lol @ these talking heads. I could give a fuck less if the b1g makes the playoffs. If we win the East it would be fucking orgasmic. Win the title game and it would be Wags jerking off kingston level orgasmic

You say that now... and then we win out and we want anyone but bama.

With that being said - every fucking year this shit gets talked about and talked about, chaos usually does ensue and it works itself out pretty nicely. So many games to be played. Who fucking knows it’s college kids out there
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-11-05, 00:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

With that being said - every fucking year this shit gets talked about and talked about, chaos usually does ensue and it works itself out pretty nicely. So many games to be played. Who fucking knows it’s college kids out there

Nah, I think it's because I understand where we are. We would have no shot against Bama. Hell I don't even want us to make the playoff. I just want the hardware. Fucking crazy unbelievable coaching job this year. I don't even understand.

Next year? I want it all.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-11-05, 07:10

I agree fuck the playoffs. I would rather see us have a strong year and win a traditional bowl. Any team in the B10 would absolutely get pulverized by Alabama.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-05, 08:31

Exactly, more fodder for the scUM slappies to choke on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-05, 13:52

David Harns‏ @DavidHarns 37m
For Michigan State to make it to the Big Ten Championship Game, here's what needs to happen:

1. Beat Ohio State
2. Beat Maryland OR Rutgers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-05, 13:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Nah, I think it's because I understand where we are. We would have no shot against Bama. Hell I don't even want us to make the playoff. I just want the hardware. Fucking crazy unbelievable coaching job this year. I don't even understand.

Next year? I want it all.

Next year msu would still get skullfucked by bama - same deal.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-11-05, 15:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This is an embarasssing thread and you know it wbh. Spin it about fleck all you want
Could Michigan State win the East this year? - Page 2 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-06, 09:25

From MGoBlow and Reddit....

Rutgers can still win the east
Over on r/CFB someone determined that it is still technically possible for Rutgers to win the. Given the utter remoteness of this I thought I would share it to provide for your Sunday evening entertainment.

Rutgers > PSU
Rutgers > Indiana
Rutgers > MSU
Maryland> MSU
MSU > OSU
Wisconsin > Michigan
Maryland > Michigan
Michigan > OSU
Illinis > OSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-11-06, 09:30

LooseGoose wrote:David Harns‏ @DavidHarns 37m
For Michigan State to make it to the Big Ten Championship Game, here's what needs to happen:

1. Beat Ohio State
2. Beat Maryland OR Rutgers

Yeah that's insane. Beat OSU and it essentially clinches the division. 9-3 with an OSU win gets MSU into the B1G title game. Insane.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-11-06, 13:28

Can I change my vote?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-06, 13:31

LooseGoose wrote:From MGoBlow and Reddit....

Rutgers can still win the east
Over on r/CFB someone determined that it is still technically possible for Rutgers to win the. Given the utter remoteness of this I thought I would share it to provide for your Sunday evening entertainment.

Rutgers > PSU
Rutgers > Indiana
Rutgers > MSU
Maryland> MSU
MSU > OSU
Wisconsin > Michigan
Maryland > Michigan
Michigan > OSU
Illinis > OSU
no way Illinois beats Ohio State.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-11-06, 14:48

Glad I waited until now to vote.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-06, 14:49

I'm gonna go with "yes".

yes they could.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-06, 15:37

Can i change my vote
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-11-06, 18:01

LooseGoose wrote:

Exactly, more fodder for the scUM slappies to choke on.

Their best game so far this year is OSU vs Iowa.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-11-07, 00:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:What the fuck? Shit no.

Dumbass.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-11-07, 01:43

Part of me wants to see MSU go to the big ten championship game at 8-3. It'll piss off scummers so bad that a 3 loss east division team went to the championship game and they STILL weren't good enough to make it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-08, 13:04

Stolen from MGoBlow.

First, since TaiStreetsMyHero posted two weeks ago, everything has gone right for Michigan.

We needed (and got) all of the following events*:

MSU lost to NW (41%)

MSU beat PSU (16%)

PSU lost to OSU(44%)

OSU lost to Iowa(20%)

UM beat Rutgers (95%) and Minnesota (87%)

In addition to all of those games going our way, they have also greatly increased the probability that PSU loses to Rutgers, Nebraska, or Maryland (used to be 1, 3, 4% is now 13, 14, and 18%)

Similarly, Rutgers/Maryland's win probabilities have increased against MSU.

Finally, Michigan's probability of beating Wisconsin and Ohio State have increased as well due to our rise in S&P.

*-All the numbers here are from Bill Connelly's predictions

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the big reveal. I programmed in tiebreakers for UM/MSU/OSU/PSU. I did not add in tiebreaker scenarios for Rutgers (who is still not mathematically eliminated). For fun, I wrote up my code just before leaving work last night and ran simulations as I left so I could run a ridiculous number. So, after 50,000,000 simulations, these are the results:

B1G East champ:

Div Champs (out of 50,000,000) %
OSU 38,662,569 77.33
MSU 10,624908 21.25
UM 468,785 0.94
PSU 236,486 0.47
You may note that only 49,992,748 division champs have been accounted for in this simulation, which basically means that there is a 0.01% chance that Rutgers is involved in a tiebreaker, which of course implies there is an even smaller chance that Rutgers wins the B1G East.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-11-08, 16:26

SeeRockCity wrote:Glad I waited until now to vote.

You're such a Johnny come lately. You're the new kid in town. Everybody loves you, so don't let them down.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-08, 17:19

LooseGoose wrote:Stolen from MGoBlow.

First, since TaiStreetsMyHero posted two weeks ago, everything has gone right for Michigan.

MSU lost to NW (41%)

MSU beat PSU (16%)

PSU lost to OSU(44%)

OSU lost to Iowa(20%)

In addition to all of those games going our way, they have also greatly increased the probability that PSU loses to Rutgers, Nebraska, or Maryland (used to be 1, 3, 4% is now 13, 14, and 18%)

Finally, Michigan's probability of beating Wisconsin and Ohio State have increased as well due to our rise in S&P.

Now for the big reveal. I programmed in tiebreakers for UM/MSU/OSU/PSU. I did not add in tiebreaker scenarios for Rutgers (who is still not mathematically eliminated). For fun, I wrote up my code just before leaving work last night and ran simulations as I left so I could run a ridiculous number. So, after 50,000,000 simulations, these are the results:

B1G East champ:

OSU 38,662,569 77.33
MSU 10,624908 21.25
UM 468,785 0.94
PSU 236,486 0.47
You may note that only 49,992,748 division champs have been accounted for in this simulation, which basically means that there is a 0.01% chance that Rutgers is involved in a tiebreaker, which of course implies there is an even smaller chance that Rutgers wins the B1G East.

Look, I don’t know who did these numbers but it’s pretty damn impressive. No mater how pathetic it is.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-08, 17:20

MSU lost to NW (41%)

MSU beat PSU (16%)

PSU lost to OSU(44%)

OSU lost to Iowa(20%)

B1G East champ:

OSU 38,662,569 77.33
MSU 10,624908 21.25
UM 468,785 0.94
PSU 236,486 0.47

Seriously, MSU beating PSU improves Rutgers' chance of beating PSU?

It's a good thing I'm not a gambler. I stand no chance of ever making money.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-11-08, 20:50

DWags wrote:

Look, I don’t know who did these numbers but it’s pretty damn impressive. No mater how pathetic it is.

Could Michigan State win the East this year? - Page 2 Nerds1

Some scUM statistics nerd.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-13, 09:05

How MSU, Michigan can still win Big Ten East
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-11-13, 09:07

Michigan State (7-3, 5-2) – The Spartans’ path is also straight-forward, just not as likely. They’ll need to beat both Maryland and Rutgers – that’s the easy part – but they’d need Ohio State to lose to both Illinois and Michigan.

Yeah, neither of those last two is happening. OSU is going to destroy scum.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next