Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, lets talk about rain on Saturday. Who will benefit from it?

+13
Death Roe
InTenSity
Rocinante
tGreenWay
Nordic
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
TheReal_LWS
By-Tor
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So, lets talk about rain on Saturday.  Who will benefit from  it? Empty So, lets talk about rain on Saturday. Who will benefit from it?

Post by DWags 2017-10-03, 09:04

Looks like steady rain all day, maybe a bit of lightening and thunder at night.

Rain showers in the morning will evolve into a more steady rain in the afternoon. Thunder possible. High 69F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

If I'm an underdog, bad weather always seems to help vs. a dry track straight up. Kind of high winds too. Rain doesn't seem to hurt passing games as much as wind does.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, lets talk about rain on Saturday.  Who will benefit from  it? Empty Re: So, lets talk about rain on Saturday. Who will benefit from it?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-03, 09:11

Gamblers rules echo your sentiments.

In this particular case I would think it would probably hurt us a bit more as the team with the better passing game. I see UM Run O vs. MSU Run D as Adv MSU. UM Pass O vs. MSU Pass D adv MSU (given conditions). MSU Run O vs. UM Run D Adv UM. MSU Pass O vs. UM Pass D - prob slight adv UM given conditions.

What scares me is the pass rush in any passing situation and shitty conditions could make that much worse for us. If we are having a hard time moving the ball through the air and they are getting pressure like I expect them to, that could lead to Lewerke turning the ball over which would be enough to swing the game.

What is the total on this game? I can't see it going over 45 or so, save for OT
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, lets talk about rain on Saturday.  Who will benefit from  it? Empty Re: So, lets talk about rain on Saturday. Who will benefit from it?

Post by DWags 2017-10-03, 09:24

Balls used in game are way drier than many think even in rain. Receivers know where they're going, DB's don't, quick moves cause slippage. I never believe rain hurts a passing game. I do believe wind does. But to be sure, the ball will be a bit harder to throw. Anyone know if O'Korn has big hands? Travis?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-03, 09:32

DWags wrote:Balls used in game are way drier than many think even in rain.  Receivers know where they're going, DB's don't, quick moves cause slippage.  I never believe rain hurts a passing game.  I do believe wind does.   But to be sure, the ball will be a bit harder to throw.  Anyone know if O'Korn has big hands?  Travis?  
Okorn has little hands. The smallest hands. Baby hands.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2017-10-03, 09:39

They don't call him baby Okorn for nothing
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-03, 09:40

How big are Lewerke's?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-10-03, 09:47

My lawn could use it.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-03, 09:49

DWags wrote:How big are Lewerke's?  
Big. The biggest. They don't call him Big Hands Lewerke for nothing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-03, 09:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:How big are Lewerke's?  
Big. The biggest. They don't call him Big Hands Lewerke for nothing.
I'm pretty sure I shouted out "BIG HANDS LEWERKE" at least twice this past weekend..

So, lets talk about rain on Saturday.  Who will benefit from  it? 3434560931 So, lets talk about rain on Saturday.  Who will benefit from  it? 361471007
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-03, 09:56

Well then, I'm changing my score prediction:

Baby Hands, small hands Small penis team: 3
Big Hands, monster hands, nine incha team: 42

We win, we win, we win.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-03, 10:07

gHost Spartan wrote:Based on our past, I'm just gonna go ahead and say that the rain will help us. We beat Ohio State in C-Bus during a hurricane and they had Zeke Elloitt.
scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-03, 10:47

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: scratch
It's all I have to contribute bro
So, lets talk about rain on Saturday.  Who will benefit from  it? 502811600

it's cool - I'm just not sure that I'm ready to compare this current lineup of Spartans with the one that went to the college football playoff two years ago. Wink

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-03, 10:55

The better team will win on Saturday, back to you in the studio Wags.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-03, 10:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The better team will win on Saturday, back to you in the studio Wags.
I think the team that makes the fewest mistakes and holds onto the football has a good shot at winning. Back to you, OTPT.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-03, 10:58

Yes OTPT, the better team usually wins.

However, that's not what this thread is about, is it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-03, 10:59

I think it's too far out to have a discussion about the weather. Get back to me Thursday or Friday. Back to you, DWags.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-03, 11:07

Bob, how can I mentally prepare for a tailgate if I don't mentally prepare for the weather?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-03, 11:09

Harbaugh is a witch. He will melt. This benefits us.

I think.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-10-03, 11:10

Lewerke is a mudder
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-03, 11:13

DWags wrote:Bob, how can I mentally prepare for a tailgate if I don't mentally prepare for the weather?
that's actually a good point - I assumed you were referring to the game that's being played on the field, not the one in the parking lots or at the golf course.

Yes, by all means - prepare for the tailgate. Prepare for all conditions.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-03, 11:27

Nordic wrote:Lewerke is a mudder

Was his father a muddier?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-03, 14:19

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:Lewerke is a mudder

Was his father a muddier?

His father was a mudder. His mother was a mudder.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-03, 14:30

I'd bring a rain jacket if there's a chance for rain - back to you in the studio Sak.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-03, 14:34

That's right, Bob, they're calling for an all day rain, so there's a chance the fans in the stands might get wet. Bob? Back to you!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-03, 14:45

how the fuck and I gonna report to the swill with my cell phone?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-03, 14:47

DWags wrote:how the fuck and I gonna report to the swill with my cell phone?  
They have the internet on those now dwags
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-03, 14:48

DWags wrote:how the fuck and I gonna report to the swill with my cell phone?

Just like you did during the entire Iowa game...?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-03, 14:50

Put it in a ziplock Wags. Innovate.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-03, 15:20

I'll think about that Roc. Sounds interesting. I'll try something. Of course we have a mod that doesn't want people to post in game threads for some fucking reason. Especially if you're by yourself at the game. I'll soldier on man, trying to bring the real deal to tSwill.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-03, 15:22

DWags wrote:I'll think about that Roc.  Sounds interesting.   I'll try something.  Of course we have a mod that doesn't want people to post in game threads for some fucking reason.  Especially if you're by yourself at the game.  I'll soldier on man, trying to bring the real deal to tSwill.  
I was private messaging a poster that will remain nameless from the East Lansing/Holt game this past Friday night.. we were gossiping.

#ThugLife
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-03, 15:26

DWags wrote:I'll think about that Roc. Sounds interesting. I'll try something. Of course we have a mod that doesn't want people to post in game threads for some fucking reason. Especially if you're by yourself at the game. I'll soldier on man, trying to bring the real deal to tSwill.

#DWagsStrong
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-03, 15:26

I suggest during huddles/timeouts/reviews you just sit there and contemplate why gum loses flavor.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-03, 15:28

Why aren't you allowed to post during game threads? That's fucking bullshit. Who is that mod? I want to kick some ass.

Edit: #DWagsStrong
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-03, 15:29

tGreenWay wrote:
Edit: #DWagsStrong

So, lets talk about rain on Saturday.  Who will benefit from  it? 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-03, 15:33

#JeSuisDWags

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-03, 15:39

Some fucking millenial trying to make me into the man he is. I'm as confused as anybody, cause well, I don't know that I'd want to be like him. No, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't but I have a growth mindset not a fixed one, I look to better myself daily.

#growthmindsetstrong
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-03, 15:42

Don't let him drag you down, DWags.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-10-03, 15:43

So who is benefiting?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-03, 15:45

InTenSity wrote:So who is benefiting?
Dwags.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-03, 15:45

InTenSity wrote:So who is benefiting?

Ziploc. Shares will skyrocket after Roc's innovative idea spreads to the masses.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next