Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+33
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
Clarett's Folly
SpartanJD01
Rocinante
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Herbie Green
CampbellHall
TheReal_LWS
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
SawGreen
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
MattyFresh
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Nordic
DWags
Floyd Robertson
37 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by kingstonlake December 27th 2017, 9:44 pm

I'm shocked that a bunch of Walverines gathered at a bowling alley. Was the Waffle House closed?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by steveschneider December 27th 2017, 10:02 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Breaking: Michigan is still winning the offseason. They lost the bowling event but apparently won the shoving and shouting match that took place afterwards. And things are going to get REAL on the field now.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2017/12/27/michigan-south-carolina-players-jaw-bowling-event/108960020/

Football players Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 502811600

The whole thing reminds me of the boxers that brawl at the weigh in. Pretty trashy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay December 28th 2017, 12:48 am

gHost Spartan wrote:Fuck Michigan

Yes, fuck michigan.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck December 28th 2017, 1:19 am

gHost Spartan wrote:Fuck Michigan

+1

The most sensible thing ever posted here.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 28th 2017, 8:32 am

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Breaking: Michigan is still winning the offseason. They lost the bowling event but apparently won the shoving and shouting match that took place afterwards. And things are going to get REAL on the field now.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2017/12/27/michigan-south-carolina-players-jaw-bowling-event/108960020/

Why doesn’t she name the player who said it? She’s way too big of a fan.

She's always been a fangirl beat writer.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno December 28th 2017, 8:39 am

Sister in law (UM grad) made some remark at the restaurant last night about Dantonio looking old and tired.

I said maybe he's getting tired of beating Michigan all the time.

BOOM!

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson December 28th 2017, 8:52 am

NigelUno wrote:Sister in law (UM grad) made some remark at the restaurant last night about Dantonio looking old and tired.

BOOM!

That did bring a smile to my face.

It will never be over.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno December 28th 2017, 10:14 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Sister in law (UM grad) made some remark at the restaurant last night about Dantonio looking old and tired.

BOOM!

That did bring a smile to my face.

It will never be over.

It got quite a chuckle from her (MSU fan) husband and oldest son.

She's not a big fan, but likes to try to get under my skin.

She made a crack about UM playing on New Year's Day, and I asked if she had fun watching her team get beat by the old and tired coach while sitting in the rain (she went to the game).

She gave up after that.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 28th 2017, 9:21 pm

Chris Vannini

Verified account

@ChrisVannini
21h21 hours ago
More
Purdue’s win over Arizona gives Michigan its first win over a team with a winning record.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm December 29th 2017, 10:51 am

LooseGoose wrote:Chris Vannini

Verified account

@ChrisVannini
21h21 hours ago
More
Purdue’s win over Arizona gives Michigan its first win over a team with a winning record.

Don't forget Iowa beating the Buckeyes, that one will go down in history as one of the wolvie's best win of the season.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! December 29th 2017, 4:21 pm

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 30th 2017, 12:54 pm

They're over at MGo blathering about how the B1GTen is making UM look better by being undefeated in bowl games.....of course we only won because of the lucky break that WSU's QB didn't play. Am I being petty in hoping that WI/PSU win and scUM loses to make the conference 7-1 in bowls?

Big Ten Conference

Record: 5-0

Wins: Iowa, Purdue, Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State
​Losses:

Upcoming games: No. 11 Washington vs. No. 9 Penn State, No. 6 Wisconsin vs. No. 10 Miami, Michigan vs. South Carolina
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay December 30th 2017, 4:35 pm

Just wanted to point this out:

Bowl records:
Mark Dantonio: 6-5
Bo ScrewyouscummeryoufiredErnie: 5-12
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan December 30th 2017, 4:38 pm

LooseGoose wrote:They're over at MGo blathering about how the B1GTen is making UM look better by being undefeated in bowl games.....of course we only won because of the lucky break that WSU's QB didn't play. Am I being petty in hoping that WI/PSU win and scUM loses to make the conference 7-1 in bowls?

Big Ten Conference

​Losses:

Upcoming games: No. 11 Washington vs. No. 9 Penn State, No. 6 Wisconsin vs. No. 10 Miami, Michigan vs. South Carolina
Imagine how good they'd look if they had had beaten any of the bowl teams other than Purdue.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly December 30th 2017, 5:25 pm

LooseGoose wrote:They're over at MGo blathering about how the B1GTen is making UM look better by being undefeated in bowl games.....of course we only won because of the lucky break that WSU's QB didn't play. Am I being petty in hoping that WI/PSU win and scUM loses to make the conference 7-1 in bowls?

Big Ten Conference

​Losses:

Boy do I not miss being Moral Victory University.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm December 30th 2017, 6:48 pm

Big Ten Conference

​Losses:

It would be hilarious if the wolvies end up being the only BigTen team with a bowl loss.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson December 30th 2017, 6:54 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Big Ten Conference

​Losses:

It would be hilarious if the wolvies end up being the only BigTen team with a bowl loss.

I'm not much of a prayer, but God if you can hear this, you know what to do.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson December 30th 2017, 7:22 pm

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 Frey10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh December 30th 2017, 8:24 pm

👏
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake January 1st 2018, 4:07 pm

I can think of 5 MAJOR coaching blunders by Harbs in the last 2 seasons. i can't think of 3 in Dantonios MSU career.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay January 1st 2018, 4:15 pm

On 4th down of the last two um drives, 4th & 1 and 4 & 10, Peters threw lower percentage deep ball instead of just trying to get the first down. What the hell were they thinking? Idiots.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 1st 2018, 4:18 pm

tGreenWay wrote:On 4th down of the last two um drives, 4th & 1 and 4 & 10, Peters threw lower percentage deep ball instead of just trying to get the first down. What the hell were they thinking? Idiots.

Lucky for you questioning the brilliance of Harbs now seems to be allowed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser January 1st 2018, 4:21 pm

Lots of fun reading on mgoblowjob at the moment. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 1494614055
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay January 1st 2018, 4:24 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:On 4th down of the last two um drives, 4th & 1 and 4 & 10, Peters threw lower percentage deep ball instead of just trying to get the first down. What the hell were they thinking? Idiots.

Lucky for you questioning the brilliance of Harbs now seems to be allowed.

It's going to be a long off-season for scum fans, and a great one for Spartans everywhere.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay January 1st 2018, 4:27 pm

I also noticed in both the freep and DNews articles today about possible replacements for Caldwell, nowhere is Jeem's name mentioned. There's a chance it's because Harbro has shown he's not the great coach his PR machine team made him out to be, but more likely it's the Detroit reporters letting um slide its dick down their throats once again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor January 1st 2018, 4:47 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I also noticed in both the freep and DNews articles today about possible replacements for Caldwell, nowhere is Jeem's name mentioned. There's a chance it's because Harbro has shown he's not the great coach his PR machine team made him out to be, but more likely it's the Detroit reporters letting um slide its dick down their throats once again.

22K bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 1st 2018, 4:48 pm

The delusion is so strong over there.....he must be referring to the Hoke recruiting "issues" that gave them 11 draft choices last year.

shackney
MGoPoints: 17
Prior to today...
...I had little doubt that this season would disappoint (as we worked through the Hoke recruiting issues) but that next year would be great. Today is the first day that genuine doubt about next year entered the picture. The problems with this team seem...systemic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson January 1st 2018, 4:51 pm

LooseGoose wrote:The delusion is so strong over there.....he must be referring to the Hoke recruiting "issues" that gave them 11 draft choices last year.

shackney
Prior to today...
...I had little doubt that this season would disappoint (as we worked through the Hoke recruiting issues) but that next year would be great. Today is the first day that genuine doubt about next year entered the picture. The problems with this team seem...systemic.

OMG, it's always the cupboard is bare even in the face of top 15 classes and it Harbaugh's third year already.

Or any of the other 7,192 excuses.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan January 1st 2018, 4:53 pm

A lot of guys who contributed to recruiting championships were on the field today.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson January 1st 2018, 5:01 pm

NSIAP

Who's got it better than us?

Finebaum answer Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 1f602
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay January 1st 2018, 5:26 pm

Da Mayor wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I also noticed in both the freep and DNews articles today about possible replacements for Caldwell, nowhere is Jeem's name mentioned. There's a chance it's because Harbro has shown he's not the great coach his PR machine team made him out to be, but more likely it's the Detroit reporters letting um slide its dick down their throats once again.

22K bro.

Working on 23k, schtick.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan January 1st 2018, 5:28 pm

LooseGoose wrote:The delusion is so strong over there.....he must be referring to the Hoke recruiting "issues" that gave them 11 draft choices last year.

shackney
Prior to today...
Is it foolish of me to think that the longer a coach is at a school, that the less influence the previous coach's recruits will have? I mean, they graduate several of them every year, right?

Just trying to figure out how falling to 8-5 after two 10 win seasons is cause for blaming the previous guy's recruiting.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 1st 2018, 5:28 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

shackney
Prior to today...

OMG, it's always the cupboard is bare even in the face of top 15 classes and it Harbaugh's third year already.

It's almost worth registering over there to post something about Frost & UCF from 0-12 to 13-0.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay January 1st 2018, 5:33 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

It's almost worth registering over there to post something about Frost & UCF from 0-12 to 13-0.....

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 21 502811600 That'd be funny, but no way they'd let you post that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 January 1st 2018, 5:36 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

shackney
Prior to today...
Is it foolish of me to think that the longer a coach is at a school, that the less influence the previous coach's recruits will have? I mean, they graduate several of them every year, right?

Just trying to figure out how falling to 8-5 after two 10 win seasons is cause for blaming the previous guy's recruiting.

Just remember. When Harbaugh was hired every Michigan fan guaranteed a B10 championship and playoff appearance by year 3 at the latest.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 1st 2018, 5:55 pm

aualum06 wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Just remember. When Harbaugh was hired every Michigan fan guaranteed a B10 championship and playoff appearance by year 3 at the latest.

And this fan walks us through why that didn't happen and now probably never will....Harbaugh was hired too late that year.

For those claiming it's only a bowl game and doesn't matter
you have no idea how recruits think in this day and age. Remember Hoke’s last season when verbal commits had second thoughts and Harbaugh wasn’t hired with enough time to salvage the class? That’s haunted the team ever since. A couple more standout recruits on both sides of the ball and Michigan wins at least one more game that year. Those players would be juniors now on a team screaming for upperclassmen leadership. Next year will show a dearth of seniors due to that debacle. Similarly, with a better class of 2015 Michigan probably wins a couple more games in 2016 and 2017.
2018 will be Harbaugh’s worst recruiting year, dismissing 2015 from consideration. Because of 2015 Harbaugh had to take larger than normal classes in 2016 and 2017. Both were highly ranked, but it was more quantity over quality. A dearth of top 100 players on both sides of the ball. Huge difference between an OL ranked 40th and one ranked 240th, but both are called 4-star recruits. Truth is Harbaugh has failed time and again to land impressive numbers of top 100 players. That’s without even considering teams with lesser talent that seem to do a better job "coaching them up." Wisconsin, Michigan State, . . . , don’t look now but Penn State has joined Ohio State as a scary force in recruiting. Never mind catching up to CFP teams like Georgia, I think Kirby Smart has a half-dozen 5 star players coming the next two years. Despite all the hype and some great 5 star gets like Gary and DPJ (who’s in the doghouse until proven otherwise), Harbaugh just isn’t getting it done in recruiting.
This game ain’t gonna help. Odds of Petit-Frere committing after today’s game? Only if he watched and said I can start here as a freshman next year. But unlike in the days of yore, top players are more inclined to sign with programs that consistently win at the highest level rather than opt for an early chance to start. He’ll watch the tv commentators gush about all the linemen headed to the NFL as early round draft picks playing for Georgia, Bama, and Clemson. Doubt he signs. Ditto for Otis Reese, watch him sign with his hometown team of Georgia now. He was our highest rated player, at Georgia I doubt he even cracks their top ten. We see plenty of recruits enthusiastically wax about Michigan’s academics, then sign with universities that are so far beneath Michigan academically.
2019 showed far more promise with recruits than 2018. But any momentum there has been pissed away by today’s toilet bowl performance, and you can bet some of the verbals are already having second thoughts. The cache of playing for a university like Michigan just ain’t what it used to be.
I think Harbaugh blew his chance, and the program won’t be able to recover the lost momentum. Just a win or two more in each of the last two years would have made all the difference in the year. Recruiting aside, there’s no evidence that he’s "coaching them up" at least on the offensive side of the ball. As Penn State and Ohio State gobble up more top 100 players I see no reason why Harbaugh will suddenly be able to win the Big Ten East and lure more and more elite players to campus.
Basically, he had his chance and it didn’t quite work out. Next year could easily be just as disappointing as this year, which will screw up the class of 2019. Momentum equals mass times velocity. Michigan is both slowing down and losing weight.

Posted by drdeanster on Jan 1, 2018 | 4:30 PM

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 1st 2018, 6:03 pm

Andy_H Andy_H AAVIP (2240)
85 months
10 minutes ago

UM finished with a whopping 9 touchdown passes this year, fewest since 1975. #QBWhisperer
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake January 1st 2018, 6:03 pm

That fanbase is so removed from reality it's astonishing. any time him leaving for the NFL is brought up someone says "his legacy would be forever tarnished". "not sure our fan base could ever forgive him for that"........Are you fucking kidding me? Name me one guy who has ever left the college coaching ranks that gave one flying fuck about his legacy at the school? Just one. Jesus they think they're heaven on earth and anywhere else is hell. Get the fuck over it. Name one thing that Harbaugh has done that illustrates leaving a legacy at Michigan. What? tweets, jordan brand, rap videos, signing of the stars? LOL what a joke. he's a self absorbed opportunist who thought he could step on campus and dominate.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm January 1st 2018, 6:16 pm

aualum06 wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

They were counting on a natty last year.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan January 1st 2018, 6:17 pm

Lol, "just a couple more wins the last couole years would have made all the difference." Yeah, that's all, just win more games and they'd be better.

It's also funny that that guy says "recruiting isn't good enough". #4 ranked class each of the last two years, and they're blaming crootin now?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next