Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around

+35
By-Tor
MSU addict
TheReal_LWS
loogoldham
Martin Spartan
Da Mayor
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
Senior Dickfist
Wally Fairway
Dr. Strangelove
Heat Miser
I.B. Fine
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Tim Wakefield
Herbie Green
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Clarett's Folly
GRR Spartan
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
CORNER BLITZ
aualum06
Rocinante
Turtleneck
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
MattyFresh
Jake from State Farm
39 posters

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 11 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around

Post by DWags Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 18:00

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Does a better HC win this game and how?

Can the Lions get a better coach? He’s still one of the top coaches the franchise has had in my life time. Wayne Fontes is still the best.

This. Ownership has to change. Organization is cursed
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 11 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 18:03

Curses aren’t real dwags

No hitter
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 18:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Curses aren’t real dwags

No hitter
Yes they are
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 18:53

Is Caldwell fired yet?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 18:54

tGreenWay wrote:Is Caldwell fired yet?

Tuesday, unless the Lions gave fans a Christmas present and left him in Cinci.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 19:06

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Is Caldwell fired yet?

It's it too early to start the speculation game on his replacement.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 19:09

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Harbaugh!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 19:22

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Harbaugh!

They'd deserve each other.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 19:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Harbaugh!

John
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 19:39

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Harbaugh!

John

Great, imagine all the stories about the Harbros coaching within 30 miles of each other. tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Martha ain't fucking around - Page 11 1401550746
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 19:46

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Harbaugh!

John

Ain't getting fired
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 20:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Can the Lions get a better coach? He’s still one of the top coaches the franchise has had in my life time. Wayne Fontes is still the best.
steveschneider wrote:

This is true and pretty sad.

If they can get a better coach than Caldwell do it. I still think the main problem is talent.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 16:20

Belichik was in Detroit with NFL Films to pay a visit to former Lions' HC Rick Forzano. Short read. Interesting in that Forzano gave Billy his first full-time asst coaching gig in Detroit, and has known the Belichik family for decades.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/30/bill-belichick-pays-a-visit-to-the-lions-coach-who-gave-him-his-first-full-time-job/amp/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 21:39

Sounds like Caldwell is getting canned tomorrow
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 21:43

aualum06 wrote:Sounds like Caldwell is getting canned tomorrow

And Belicheck was just in Detroit....
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 21:44

aualum06 wrote:Sounds like Caldwell is getting canned tomorrow

He's not been terrible but I think they need a new voice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 15:10

So butterfly effect aside... understanding that if you change that one game then nothing plays out the same... but at the end of the day the lions are missing the playoffs entirely because of the fucked up end of the falcons game right? They’d be 10-6, falcons 9-7 (if they win) and I think they’d have the tie breaker on the Seahawks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 15:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So butterfly effect aside... understanding that if you change that one game then nothing plays out the same... but at the end of the day the lions are missing the playoffs entirely because of the fucked up end of the falcons game right? They’d be 10-6, falcons 9-7 (if they win) and I think they’d have the tie breaker on the Seahawks.

Correct. But they no showed against the Bengals, ravens, saints, vikings Thanksgiving day, marched up and down the field again the Steelers and scored field goal after field goal
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 15:18

aualum06 wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So butterfly effect aside... understanding that if you change that one game then nothing plays out the same... but at the end of the day the lions are missing the playoffs entirely because of the fucked up end of the falcons game right? They’d be 10-6, falcons 9-7 (if they win) and I think they’d have the tie breaker on the Seahawks.

Correct. But they no showed against the Bengals, ravens, saints, vikings Thanksgiving day, marched up and down the field again the Steelers and scored field goal after field goal
I understand. But still. Fuckin hell.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 15:42

Tate to Stafford for the 2 point. Jim-Bob pulling out all the stops a week too late
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 15:42

I'm glad they decided to get creative today

Last edited by aualum06 on Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 15:42; edited 1 time in total
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 15:42

That play was sweet maybe used it when it matters sometime I dunno
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 15:46

WhoTF was Hundley throwing that ball to?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 15:48

The Pantry wrote:WhoTF was Hundley throwing that ball to?

Slay. I'm surprised the packers have stuck with hundley this whole time. He sucks.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 15:49

Stafford with this record and that before age 30.....and zero playoff wins.....a record shared by and short of hundreds of no names.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 15:55

aualum06 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:WhoTF was Hundley throwing that ball to?

Slay. I'm surprised the packers have stuck with hundley this whole time. He sucks.
TBH I kinda like Hundley. Needs a couple more years behind Rodgers.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 16:08

Cleveland just joined Detroit in the 0-16 club!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 16:14

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Cleveland just joined Detroit in the 0-16 club!
I’m sad for them. Maybe because i know some browns fans. No one deserves to keep rehashing that shit for the next decade like we have.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 16:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Cleveland just joined Detroit in the 0-16 club!
I’m sad for them. Maybe because i know some browns fans. No one deserves to keep rehashing that shit for the next decade like we have.
Having grown up in the Cleveland area, I would submit the "new" Browns have set a new standard for ineptness. Think about it, 1-31 the last 2 years, 4-44 the last 3, you have to work hard to be that bad.
The only hope is they have 6 picks in the first 2 rounds and are $100 million under the cap.
I heard a talking head this morning say, "just keep it between the lines" and they should be improved next year, but they have no track record of making reasonable decisions.
For instance, I can't believe they haven't fired the coach yet, his record is 1-31, hell you should win a game or two just by accident in the NFL. Hopefully Mike Brown is dumb enough that Cincinnati will trade for him to replace Marvin Lewis.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 17:25

LooseGoose wrote:Stafford with this record and that before age 30.....and zero playoff wins.....a record shared by and short of hundreds of no names.

I’ve only watched two games but shore up the d a bit and the OL to buy him more time and I think the Lions could make it back to the playoffs. Disappointing season
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 7:50

Detroit Lions
‏Verified account @Lions
7 minutes ago

Detroit Lions General Manager Bob Quinn has informed Jim Caldwell that he will not be returning as head coach.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 8:46

Floyd Robertson wrote:Detroit Lions
‏Verified account @Lions
7 minutes ago

Detroit Lions General Manager Bob Quinn has informed Jim Caldwell that he will not be returning as head coach.

Probably the right time for a change but I’m bummed to see him go. He took on a tough job, did it with class and took the Lions to a level of success we rarely see. I thought overall it was a talent issue and think some day we will look back and realize he was a feather in our cap and not the problem.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 8:55

steveschneider wrote:
‏Verified account @Lions
7 minutes ago

Probably the right time for a change but I’m bummed to see him go. He took on a tough job, did it with class and took the Lions to a level of success we rarely see. I thought overall it was a talent issue and think some day we will look back and realize he was a feather in our cap and not the problem.

It's not an easy job, but he did help raise the team back to their comfortable level of mediocrity.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 8:55

steveschneider wrote:
‏Verified account @Lions
7 minutes ago

He was occasionally the problem through sheer stubbornness. The non challenge a couple weeks ago comes to mind. The players loved him and played hard for him so there is that but I think he was a mediocre game coach.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 8:59

Geoff Schwartz Verified account @geoffschwartz
1h1 hour ago

Respected Jim Caldwell. He's a good coach. However, he was never going to last with a GM who didn't hire him. Now Bob Quinn will hire Matt Patricia. Makes too much sense
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 9:09

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

He was occasionally the problem through sheer stubbornness. The non challenge a couple weeks ago comes to mind. The players loved him and played hard for him so there is that but I think he was a mediocre game coach.

Yeah, maybe I’ve just been burned from 43 years of awful lions football. Was he perfect? No. But he did a damn good job by Lions standards. Also, I’ve watched enough Lions football to see the fans or management drive someone out of town thinking it’s for the better and it ends up taking a turn for the worse.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 9:14

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

He was occasionally the problem through sheer stubbornness.  The non challenge a couple weeks ago comes to mind.  The players loved him and played hard for him so there is that but I think he was a mediocre game coach.

Yeah, maybe I’ve just been burned from 43 years of awful lions football. Was he perfect? No. But he did a damn good job by Lions standards. Also, I’ve watched enough Lions football to see the fans or management drive someone out of town thinking it’s for the better and it ends up taking a turn for the worse.

Yep, he wasn't terrible which is saying something for a Lions coach.   I'd not seen this stat but it's telling.....they beat those they had to beat but they couldn't beat those they needed to beat.

The problem is, every positive number can be readily countered with a negative one. His Lions are 32-5 against teams that finished with losing records, and 4-25 against winning teams.

Caldwell is an impressive 16-8 against NFC North opponents, yet the Lions’ division-title drought reached 24 seasons. All these contradictions, all these inconsistencies, became a referendum on Caldwell and his staff.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 10:01

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yep, he wasn't terrible which is saying something for a Lions coach.   I'd not seen this stat but it's telling.....they beat those they had to beat but they couldn't beat those they needed to beat.

The problem is, every positive number can be readily countered with a negative one. His Lions are 32-5 against teams that finished with losing records, and 4-25 against winning teams.

Caldwell is an impressive 16-8 against NFC North opponents, yet the Lions’ division-title drought reached 24 seasons. All these contradictions, all these inconsistencies, became a referendum on Caldwell and his staff.
I will add one more thought, management and ownership seems more competent than it has ever been so that does give me a glimmer of hope for the next move.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 10:12

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yeah the certainly played hard with a sense of urgency in Cincinnati.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 11:39

Lions have requested permission to interview Shurmur per Twitters.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next