Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I really hate when we so quickly politicize events like the recent mass shooting

2 posters

Go down

I really hate when we so quickly politicize events like the recent mass shooting  Empty I really hate when we so quickly politicize events like the recent mass shooting

Post by Turtleneck Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:36 pm

LANSING, Mich. — In the wake of mass shootings in Las Vegas and Texas that left dozens of people dead or injured, a Michigan Senate committee approved bills Tuesday that will allow gun owners to carry concealed weapons in gun-free zones such as schools, churches, day care centers, bars, dorms and stadiums.

The shooting at a Baptist church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, on Sunday, which left 26 people dead and 20 more injured, makes state Senate Majority Leader Arlan Meekhof, a Republican from West Olive, Mich., more certain that now is the time to take up the gun legislation.

"Some have said it’s insensitive to bring up these issues now, but I feel quite the opposite," he told a standing room-only crowd in the Senate Government Operations Committee. "The recent events will allow us to look at how we can deter those who want to do harm. And responsible, well-trained, licensed concealed-pistol holders can be one of those deterrents."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/michigan-bills-would-allow-concealed-guns-in-schools-churches/ar-BBEJBH1
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I really hate when we so quickly politicize events like the recent mass shooting  Empty Re: I really hate when we so quickly politicize events like the recent mass shooting

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:47 pm

Churches are already they most dangerous place in America. Why not provide a bunch of hate-filled folks with unfettered access to loaded weapons? What could possibly go wrong?

Oh, and I'm also very grateful to a bunch of terrified white people for finally allowing my daughter to take her guns to school.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down